New Challenge Every Day - November 12th: Least likely pair (of MOM legends)

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: Least likely pair (of MOM legends)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 32 (+2)
shullz 25 (+2)
Komandon 20 (+2)
FrostBoss216 16 (+2)
TessaMTG 11
void_nothing 9
LandellXil0cent 7
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Nonmana kicker
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: Komandon, netn10

@FrostBoss216
Notes
Show
Hide
I wanted to vote for your card for the different approach, but the card it extremely overpriced. I think even if the card would only cost one mana, you would have to give it more of an upside than two Blood tokens to make it playable. Maybe a buff (like +1/+1 counters) for turning into a monster.
For reference, cards with similar effects:
Victimize
Unearth

IIW: Card based on a manga/comic
netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, shullz

Reformed One-Horn 3WW
Creature - Demon (Rare)
Kicker - An opponent gains 4 life and draws a card.
Flying, trample
When Reformed One-Horn enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, you gain 4 life and you draw a card.
"My previous contracts were very much self-centered. That's a mindset I've left behind. Now, I'm all about collective elevation."
4/4

IIW: Mono white demon
LandellXil0cent wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, Komandon

A bit out there for an UN card, but when inspiration strikes. . .

Kick Out
Sorcery (Un-U)
Kicker - Announce that you're going to kick the table, then kick a leg of the table you're playing on.
If this spell was kicked and anything fell off the table due to it being kicked, counter this spell and kick it out of the game.
If this spell wasn't kicked, at the beginning of your next upkeep pay or kick yourself out of the game. (You lose if you're kicked out.)
Exile target creature and deal damage to its controller equal to its power. If that creature has a foot in the artwork, repeat this process.
"Barry, I think that's enough of the 'feet' cards. . .and you've got one more?. . .gross." -Marc Thornfire

IIW: Card named after a non-standard-legal set.
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10

Overgrown Scuta 3G
Creature - Phyrexian Plant Zombie (R)
Kicker - Pay 3 life, Sacrifice a Phyrexian.
When Overgrown Scuta enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, other creatures you control get +2/+2 until end of turn.
Creatures with power 3 or greater you control have "T, Sacrifice a land: Add WBG."
3/3

IIW: New Gods for planes already known for Gods
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent

Name a more iconic duo!

IIW: A new type of noncreature token.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, LandellXil0cent

Emrakul and Chatterfang 9GGG
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Squirrel (Mythic)
This spell can't be countered
Flying, trample
When you cast Emrakul and Chatterfang, create fifteen 1/1 green Squirrel creature tokens.
1B, Reveal Emrakul and Chatterfang from your hand: You may sacrifice a Squirrel. If you do, create two 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add C." Otherwise, create one of those tokens.
15/15

IIW: The next evolution of the Eldrazi tokens that are sacrificed for mana.

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: void_nothing , netn10

Akira and Krond 2{G/W}w{r/W}
Legend Creature - Archon Kor Warrior
Flying
When Akira and Krond deals combat damage if they are enchanted gain 3 life. If they are equipped draw a card.
As long as Akira and Krond is equipped and enchanted they have Ward x where X is equal to the total number of equipments and auras attached to it.
5/5

IIW: a planeshifted planeswalker

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 7 months ago

Votes: LandellXil0cent (Love how you turned it into an Un-card), void_nothing

I can't believe I missed yesterday's! Almost missed today's too, busy weekend for me lol

IIW: That creature type exists? (A creature with a sub type that nobody really knows exists in magic but it does)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, netn10

Lavinia and Krenko 2URW
Legendary Creature - Human Goblin (M)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token. When you do, tap up to X target permanents, where X is the number of Goblins you control.
Whenever Lavinia and Krenko deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, put two stun counters on target permanent, and Lavinia and Krenko deals 3 damage to target player or battle.
4/4

IIW: BBBB
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”