void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: Artifact - Map

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
shullz 9 (+2)
netn10 9 (+3)
void_nothing 5 (+2)
CunningGabe 4
Komandon 4 (+1)
TessaMTG 4 (+2)
FrostBoss216 3 (+2)
LandellXil0cent 2
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
.::Note of the Day::.

This thread is going up somewhat late, so this round will be shortened/tomorrow's will be posted earlier than this.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
A card based on a character from a (non-MtG-related) book
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
This one was really difficult to evaluate. I might have spent more time thinking about this than on my card.
Votes: FrostBoss216, netn10
Honorable mention: void_nothing - I liked this card the most, but I don't get why it has haste.

Rincewind, from the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett

The lore behind this character:
Rincewind is the absolutely most incabable wizard of the discworld. Although he went to the magical academy, he can't cast a single spell. This is because an ancient super powerful spell got stuck in his mind and keeps all other magic away.
He is something like favored, i.e. the punching-bag of the gods, so he always gets thrown into adventurous dangerous situations, although he just wants to live a quiet and boring life. On these adventures he basically spends most of the time running away from things and manages to survive the dangers, in spite of the odds.

IIW: A card designed around the number 7.
TessaMTG wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10 (Is that indefinite?)

From Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle novels
IIW: New fireworks card, like Wizard's Rockets.
Komandon wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG , void_nothing

Captain Yossarian 1WR
Creature - Human Solider Pilot Coward
Captain Yossarian must crew a Vehicle or attack each turn if able.
Captain Yossarian crews Vehicles as though his power were 3 greater.
When Captain Yossarian crews a Vehicle it gains haste, flying and +X/+X until end of turn where X is Captain Yossarian's power. Whenever a Vehicle Captain Yossarian crews attacks and dies during combat, sacrifice Captain Yossarian.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on." — Captain John Yossarian
1/1

Based on Captain John Yossarian from Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

IIW: A nonlegendary card based on the Marvel comics universe.
FrostBoss216 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: Komandon, TessaMTG

Hate that I can't think of a card, but I don't read enough books to think up a card, and I dont really want to put that much time into researching for a character. Interesting challenge concept, just not for me.
netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, void_nothing

@TessaMTG: My card from yesterday does not work indefinitely.

The Cheshire Cat 1B
Legendary Creature - Cat Spirit (Rare)
Flash
Flying
2B: The Cheshire Cat phases out. When it does, each opponent discards a card.
Whenever The Cheshire Cat phases in, each player draws a card and loses 1 life.
After walking for what seemed like eons, Alice realized that she should not try to find meaning in a fading smile.
0/1

IIW: Craft with something that is not an artifact.
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, netn10
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, netn10

Captain Silvers' Treasure Map {3}
Artifact — Map (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your opponents' control, create a Map token. (It's an artifact with "{1}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Target creature you control explores. Activate only as a sorcery.")
{2}, Sacrifice a Map token: Target creature you control explores. Transform Captain Silvers' Treasure Map.

Silvers, Crafty Mimic (colorless)
Legendary Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, create a Treasure token.
At the beginning of each end step, transform Silvers, Crafty Mimic.
5/5

IIW: A card containing the words "[...]put a cheese counter[...]".

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, shullz

Map to Earth's Center 2
Artifact - Map (Mythic)
Whenever a creature you control explores the center card of your starting deck, you win the game. This ability also triggers if Map to Earth's Center left the battlefield this turn.
1, T, Sacrifice Map to Earth's Center: Target creature you control explores. Activate only as a sorcery.
4: Put Map to Earth's Center and any number of other cards from your graveyard on top of your library. Draw a card.

IIW: Artifact - {New Type}

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, Komandon

IIW: idk use someone else's. not feeling creative today, sorry.
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10 , shullz

Star Chart 1
Artifact - Map
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. This mana can't be used to cast spells from your hand.
Sacrifice Star Chart: Exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn you may play that card.

IIW: Card based on a famous historical figure (not controversial)

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, netn10

IIW: Based on true events

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, netn10

Waterway Guide-Jade GU
Artifact - Map (R)
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life and put a locale counter on Waterway Guide-Jade.
Whenever an Island enters the battlefield under your control, you surveil 1 and put a locale counter on Waterway Guide-Jade.
1, T, Sacrifice Waterway Guide-Jade: Up to X target creatures you control explore, where X is the number of locale counters on Waterway Guide-Jade. Activate only as a sorcery.

IIW: Ixalan pirate captains
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”