[IKO] Ikoria Name and Number Crunch

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

with 12 land spots left we will likely get a 10 card cycle of uncommon dual lands (maybe common, given how multi-color intense the set is) and at least 1 utility common (Evolving wilds or similar). I say at least 1 because there is one rare after The Ozolith that could be an artifact or land
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Selaya
<3
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Selaya » 4 years ago

Gainlands should be all but confirmed.
0 Lands 0
243 - Bloodfell Caves
244 - Blossoming Sands
245 - (?)
246 - Dismal Backwater
247 - Evolving Wilds (?)
248 - Indatha Triome|58086 (Rare Land)
249 - Jungle Hollow
250 - Ketria Triome|58078 (Rare Land)
251 - Raugrin Triome|58084 (Rare Land)
252 - Rugged Highlands
253 - Savai Triome|58082 (Rare Land)
254 - Scoured Barrens
255 - Swiftwater Cliffs
256 - Thornwood Falls
257 - Tranquil Cove
258 - Wind-Scarred Crag
259 - Zagoth Triome|58080 (Rare Land)
Edit: And they will be common, no way such a multicolor-heavy set will work without them. I think someone from WotC (Maro, perhaps?) mentioned it somewhere, too?
“There is no shortcut to work done true and well. The Creators learned this to their sorrow, the first time they made the world.”

sexymsjackson23

Post by sexymsjackson23 » 4 years ago

So while looking at the extended art rares and the number of rares in the number crunch, I've found the last 6 rares are the following:

- A blue rare (the last Mythos which will be Temur colors)
- A black rare (between extinction event and the black mythos)
- 2 multicolored rares ( one is the Temur ultimatum and the other is the sultai 3 color enchantment to complete the cycles)
- A rare hybrid companion to complete that cycle
- A rare artifact

A couple notes.

First of all thank you @Dusk for another successful number crunch. Been meaning to help out and do a number crunch at some point but just been finishing college and trying to find a job in my field. I'm hopeful for the fall (school job). So hopefully either Zendikar (excited for Zendikar uprising...loved original Zendikar with no eldrazi) or Coreset I can try to help out.

Another note gotta say I'm disappointed in the limited number of elementals. I run an Omanth Temur deck and a clone green/blue commander deck (I mostly play simic), I was hoping for more elementals for Temur and even though there are a few I haven't seen much. Well maybe the Temur ultimatum and mythos will work well. Hoping to see a good reveal for those

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
So while looking at the extended art rares and the number of rares in the number crunch, I've found the last 6 rares are the following:

- A blue rare (the last Mythos which will be Temur colors)
- A black rare (between extinction event and the black mythos)
- 2 multicolored rares ( one is the Temur ultimatum and the other is the sultai 3 color enchantment to complete the cycles)
- A rare hybrid companion to complete that cycle
- A rare artifact

A couple notes.

First of all thank you Dusk for another successful number crunch. Been meaning to help out and do a number crunch at some point but just been finishing college and trying to find a job in my field. I'm hopeful for the fall (school job). So hopefully either Zendikar (excited for Zendikar uprising...loved original Zendikar with no eldrazi) or Coreset I can try to help out.

Another note gotta say I'm disappointed in the limited number of elementals. I run an Omanth Temur deck and a clone green/blue commander deck (I mostly play simic), I was hoping for more elementals for Temur and even though there are a few I haven't seen much. Well maybe the Temur ultimatum and mythos will work well. Hoping to see a good reveal for those
Atleast elemental tribal won't end when core 2020 hints true they rotate but zendikar will bring us elemental tribal again (and for a bonus landfall)

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Selaya wrote:
4 years ago
Gainlands should be all but confirmed.
0 Lands 0
243 - Bloodfell Caves
244 - Blossoming Sands
245 - (?)
246 - Dismal Backwater
247 - Evolving Wilds (?)
248 - Indatha Triome|58086 (Rare Land)
249 - Jungle Hollow
250 - Ketria Triome|58078 (Rare Land)
251 - Raugrin Triome|58084 (Rare Land)
252 - Rugged Highlands
253 - Savai Triome|58082 (Rare Land)
254 - Scoured Barrens
255 - Swiftwater Cliffs
256 - Thornwood Falls
257 - Tranquil Cove
258 - Wind-Scarred Crag
259 - Zagoth Triome|58080 (Rare Land)
Edit: And they will be common, no way such a multicolor-heavy set will work without them. I think someone from WotC (Maro, perhaps?) mentioned it somewhere, too?
The new rare land fits within this, making more likely to happen

Selaya
<3
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Selaya » 4 years ago

Interesting.
Also, I just realised that they will have to be commons - if your estimated rarity count is correct; there's 10 gainlands but only 6 Us left.
(I also had no idea what the last lands names will be, these were just wild-ass guesses, looks like I nailed it tho)
“There is no shortcut to work done true and well. The Creators learned this to their sorrow, the first time they made the world.”

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Can I register my disappointment that the {w/u} Companion is going to get revealed with the rest of the set today and not as a spoiler/reveal earlier in the week? Hell, the Mutate commons all got spoiled but the 10 card cycle of cards with one of the more ambitious mechanics introduced to the game doesn't get a full reveal?

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Can I register my disappointment that the {w/u} Companion is going to get revealed with the rest of the set today and not as a spoiler/reveal earlier in the week? Hell, the Mutate commons all got spoiled but the 10 card cycle of cards with one of the more ambitious mechanics introduced to the game doesn't get a full reveal?
I feel the opposite of disappointment. If they have ten cards with companion and a spoiler season of about ten days (minus commander weekend), then spreading them out so much that one gets revealed the last day is much preferable to having the usual bickering about "last day spoilers" being "just Limited chaff".

I just really care about having stuff to look forward to even on the last day and such a loose cycle is certainly best suited for that purpose.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Well the azorius companion pulls a brago when ETB (they don't come back till your next turn)

Too bad this one is the reverse of the otter

Otter can go in any deck as 101 this one cannot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”