NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 8 months ago

The Curious Professor 2WUB
Legendary Planeswalker — Theodore {M}
[+2]: Shuffle your graveyard into your library. Draw a card.
[0]: Reveal the top five cards of your library and separate them into two piles. An opponent chooses one of those piles. Put a card from the chosen pile into your hand, then put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your library in any order.
[-3]: Reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
[-9]: Exile the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. You may play lands and cast spells from one of those piles. If you cast a spell this way, you cast it without paying its mana cost.
{5}

IIW: a card for digital play
MEG

CunningGabe
Pronoun: he / him

Post by CunningGabe » 8 months ago

The Magic School Bus 4
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle
Flying
When The Magic School Bus attacks, Learn.
Crew 1
4/4

IIW: Ravnica Remixed
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 8 months ago

Remains of the Locus
Legendary Land
Companion - Your starting deck must contain 1 of each basic land type.(If this card is your chosen companion, you may put it into your hand from outside the game for {3} as a sorcery.)
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. You don't lose unspent mana created by Remains of the Locus as steps and phases end.

IIW: Cephalids are back
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 8 months ago

The First Counter
{U}{U}
Legendary Instant (R)
(You may cast a legendary instant only if you control a legendary creature or planeswalker.)
Counter target spell.

Last Fruit of the World Tree
2{G}
Legendary Artifact - Food (R)
1, {T}: Untap target creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
3, {T}, Sacrifice Last Fruit of the World Tree: You gain 4 life and draw a card.
5, {T}, Exile Last Fruit of the World Tree: Target creature gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.

IIW: Fish
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 8 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 8 months ago

Judging tonight

Mergatroid_Jones

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
8 months ago
The Curious Professor 2WUB
Legendary Planeswalker — Theodore {M}
[+2]: Shuffle your graveyard into your library. Draw a card.
[0]: Reveal the top five cards of your library and separate them into two piles. An opponent chooses one of those piles. Put a card from the chosen pile into your hand, then put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of your library in any order.
[-3]: Reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
[-9]: Exile the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. You may play lands and cast spells from one of those piles. If you cast a spell this way, you cast it without paying its mana cost.
{5}

IIW: a card for digital play
Is Curious George the reference?

Well this is a headache. But at 2WUB, it's hardly worth it. It doesn't impact the board at all and doesn't help you if you are behind.
CunningGabe wrote:
8 months ago
The Magic School Bus 4
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle
Flying
When The Magic School Bus attacks, Learn.
Crew 1
4/4

IIW: Ravnica Remixed
Yeah, I guess that's about the right balance all considered. Good. But not crazy.
Ulka wrote:
8 months ago
Remains of the Locus
Legendary Land
Companion - Your starting deck must contain 1 of each basic land type.(If this card is your chosen companion, you may put it into your hand from outside the game for {3} as a sorcery.)
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. You don't lose unspent mana created by Remains of the Locus as steps and phases end.

IIW: Cephalids are back
But you can use it not as companion, and it's a free paradise land plus upside. Four of in everything.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
8 months ago
The First Counter
{U}{U}
Legendary Instant (R)
(You may cast a legendary instant only if you control a legendary creature or planeswalker.)
Counter target spell.

Last Fruit of the World Tree
2{G}
Legendary Artifact - Food (R)
1, {T}: Untap target creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
3, {T}, Sacrifice Last Fruit of the World Tree: You gain 4 life and draw a card.
5, {T}, Exile Last Fruit of the World Tree: Target creature gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.

IIW: Fish
Counterspell but absolutely awful. No cycling or anything?

I like last fruit of the world tree. The world's on fire, but I'm still eating.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: CunningGabe

next: Ravnica Remixed

CunningGabe

Thanks!

Now everyone, show me your guild-mashups, your oops-this-guild-got-stuck-on-that-plane, etc etc

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 8 months ago

Loxodon Reveler BRG
Creature — Elephant Berserker (R)
Madness—Pay 4 life.
Trample
When Loxodon Reveler enters the battlefield, each player discards a card.
After a century of boring Selesnya rites, some young loxodon find the need to stretch their legs and party.
4/4

IIW: Full throttle
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Leafwing Snapdragonfly
3{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant Insect (R)
Flying, trample
Graft 1
Leafwing Snapdragonfly enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the greatest toughness among creature cards in your graveyard.
0/0
The Golgari and Simic celebrate it as a successful collaboration, each secretly believing they got the better deal.

Chitinous Hulk
1{W}{B}{G}
Creature - Insect Thrull (R)
Deathtouch
Chitnous Hulk must be blocked if able.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Chitinous Hulk this turn dies, return target permanent card in your graveyard to your hand.
4/5
In its murderous wake, the Orzhov collect the souls, while the Golgari salvage the bodies.

Gilded Tax Collector
2{R}{W}{B}
Creature - Angel Soldier (R)
Flying, first strike
Whenever Gilded Tax Collector deals combat damage to a player, create a tapped Treasure token and exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play that card.
4/4
To the Boros, a symbol of protection. To the Orzhov, an instrument of oppression.

IIW: Shark

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 8 months ago

this remix is envisioning an alternate possible timeline for Ravnica

Gideon, Sword of Justice RRWW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (R)
As long as it's your turn, Gideon, Sword of Justice has indestructible.
Whenever Gideon attacks or blocks, create two 1/1 red and white Soldier creature tokens with training. (Whenever this creature attacks with another creature with greater power, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
4/4
(watermark: desparked)

Niv-Mizzet, Necromind UUBBRR
Legendary Creature — Dragon Zombie (R)
Flying
Whenever a creature dies or a card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, amass Zombie 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. It's also a Zombie. If you don't control an Army, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Whenever you put one or more +1/+1 counters on a creature for the first time each turn, you draw a card and Niv-Mizzet, Necromind deals 1 damage to each opponent.
5/5

(also on the vegetable challenge i definitely went for dark humor, guess i went a bit too far there)

IIW: the ancient history of a plane
Last edited by spacemonaut 8 months ago, edited 7 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 8 months ago

Disgraced Speaker Vannifar 2BGU
Legendary Creature - Elf Ooze Warlock
T, Sacrifice a creature with mana value X: return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with mana value X+1. Activate only as a sorcery.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, surveil X, where X is that card's mana value.
"The simic are traitors, to a one. I will show them why they should not have doubted me!"
2/4

An alternative design had a cost for activation, but I decided against that, keep continuity with her previous design

Iiw: battle of the bands mtg plane
Last edited by chetoos 8 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Rubblebelt Krasis RG
Creature- Wolf Shark (U)
Graft 2
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have haste.
Rubblebelt Krasis gets +1/+1 for each counter that was removed from it this turn.
2/2

IIW: Stackable counters that aren't +1/+1

Megiddo
MEG

control + f dredge. 0/0

Kraulpox BBBB
Sorcery {R}
Each player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a land.
Dredge 3

Curt Dismissal 1UU
Instant {U}
Counter target spell.
Addendum — If you cast this spell during your main phase, untap up to three lands and draw a card.
"Excuse me, I was talking."

Silencing Wave XW
Sorcery {R}
Radiance — Exile target creature with mana value X and each other creature that shares a color with it.

IIW: space-age Magic
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

it occurred to me that "kraul" is meant to sound like "crawl" only last week, so it's been bouncing around in my head ever since. this pun card name should be good enough to get it out.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

This prompted me to think "Wait, is it meant to? Don't the kraul have wings?"

Answer: Well, some of them? Mazirek included.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CunningGabe

Looking good! I'll aim to judge tomorrow late morning.

Megiddo
MEG

Ghastly Touch B
Instant {U}
Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Haunt
When the creature Ghastly Touch haunts dies, return it to the battlefield tapped.

IIW: more ghostly things
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Cease and Desist WU
Sorcery (U)
Detain target creature you don't control. Choose a number between 0 and X, where X is the number of creatures detained this way, then draw that many cards.
Overload 4WWU

Worldsoul Surge 1G
Instant (U)
Replicate 1G
Convoke
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

IIW: guild members who are bad at their jobs
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Sporegorger_Dragon

Cythare wrote:
8 months ago
Isn't this every legendary Ravnican creature/planeswalker so far? :rofl:

CunningGabe

Judging!
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
8 months ago
Loxodon Reveler BRG
Madness—Pay 4 life.
Trample
After a century of boring Selesnya rites, some young loxodon find the need to stretch their legs and party.
4/4

I really like the way this sort of echoes both Loxodon Hierarch and Loxodon Smiter. It's also neat that you could play it in a straight up RB Hellbent deck.
8 months ago
Leafwing Snapdragonfly
3{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant Insect (R)
Flying, trample
Graft 1
Leafwing Snapdragonfly enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the greatest toughness among creature cards in your graveyard.
0/0
The Golgari and Simic celebrate it as a successful collaboration, each secretly believing they got the better deal.

Chitinous Hulk
1{W}{B}{G}
Creature - Insect Thrull (R)
Deathtouch
Chitnous Hulk must be blocked if able.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Chitinous Hulk this turn dies, return target permanent card in your graveyard to your hand.
4/5
In its murderous wake, the Orzhov collect the souls, while the Golgari salvage the bodies.

Gilded Tax Collector
2{R}{W}{B}
Creature - Angel Soldier (R)
Flying, first strike
Whenever Gilded Tax Collector deals combat damage to a player, create a tapped Treasure token and exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play that card.
4/4
To the Boros, a symbol of protection. To the Orzhov, an instrument of oppression.

IIW: Shark
I love all of these! Very nice combinations of guild mechanics and flavor.
spacemonaut wrote:
8 months ago
this remix is envisioning an alternate possible timeline for Ravnica

Gideon, Sword of Justice RRWW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (R)
As long as it's your turn, Gideon, Sword of Justice has indestructible.
Whenever Gideon attacks or blocks, create two 1/1 red and white Soldier creature tokens with training. (Whenever this creature attacks with another creature with greater power, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
4/4
(watermark: desparked)

Niv-Mizzet, Necromind UUBBRR
Legendary Creature — Dragon Zombie (R)
Flying
Whenever a creature dies or a card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, amass Zombie 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. It's also a Zombie. If you don't control an Army, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Whenever you put one or more +1/+1 counters on a creature for the first time each turn, you draw a card and Niv-Mizzet, Necromind deals 1 damage to each opponent.
5/5

(also on the vegetable challenge i definitely went for dark humor, guess i went a bit too far there)

IIW: the ancient history of a plane
Gideon's neat, though not obviously a Ravnica card. The Niv-Mizzet is great - it's a clear callback to earlier designs but with a twist.
chetoos wrote:
8 months ago
Disgraced Speaker Vannifar 2BGU
Legendary Creature - Elf Ooze Warlock
T, Sacrifice a creature with mana value X: return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with mana value X+1. Activate only as a sorcery.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, surveil X, where X is that card's mana value.
"The simic are traitors, to a one. I will show them why they should not have doubted me!"
2/4

An alternative design had a cost for activation, but I decided against that, keep continuity with her previous design

Iiw: battle of the bands mtg plane
This is interesting - the first ability is now (usually) worse than Vannifar's original ability, but the second ability helps make up for that. It requires a lot of support though; if you don't have other reanimation cards, then if you're unlucky, you might have a hard time firing either ability. Maybe the first ability could use mana value "up to X+1"? That makes it quite different (now you can cycle between two creatures with ETB effects), but maybe that would play better.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
8 months ago
Rubblebelt Krasis RG
Creature- Wolf Shark (U)
Graft 2
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have haste.
Rubblebelt Krasis gets +1/+1 for each counter that was removed from it this turn.
2/2

IIW: Stackable counters that aren't +1/+1
I love the second ability - that's a clever take on a red graft creature.
Megiddo wrote:
8 months ago
control + f dredge. 0/0

Kraulpox BBBB
Sorcery {R}
Each player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a land.
Dredge 3

Curt Dismissal 1UU
Instant {U}
Counter target spell.
Addendum — If you cast this spell during your main phase, untap up to three lands and draw a card.
"Excuse me, I was talking."

Silencing Wave XW
Sorcery {R}
Radiance — Exile target creature with mana value X and each other creature that shares a color with it.

IIW: space-age Magic
Curt Dismissal is my favorite of these. I never understood how to evaluate Radiance cards, and Silencing Wave seems a little too swingy for my tastes - sometimes it'll be a one-sided wrath for 2 or 3 mana, and sometimes it'll be just an ordinary wrath or it'll be "sacrifice my whole team to exile your one worst creature". Probably too good at XW, but it's really hard to cost something like this.
Megiddo wrote:
8 months ago
Ghastly Touch B
Instant {U}
Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Haunt
When the creature Ghastly Touch haunts dies, return it to the battlefield tapped.

IIW: more ghostly things
I love this one - it's a nice level-up on the various Not Dead After Alls.
Cythare wrote:
8 months ago
Cease and Desist WU
Sorcery (U)
Detain target creature you don't control. Choose a number between 0 and X, where X is the number of creatures detained this way, then draw that many cards.
Overload 4WWU

Worldsoul Surge 1G
Instant (U)
Replicate 1G
Convoke

Both nice, but I especially like Worldsoul Surge; Replicate + Convoke is a great combination.
Winner!
Show
Hide
Sporegorger_Dragon for several good guild collaborations.

HM: Cythare for Worldsoul Surge

Next up: Shark

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

8 months ago
Isn't this every legendary Ravnican creature/planeswalker so far? :rofl:
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CunningGabe

Shark Fin 1
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and may block creatures with islandwalk as if they did not have islandwalk.
Equip 1

Jaws and Paws 3GU
Creature - Shark Bear
Trample
Evolve
2, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Jaws and Paws: Jaws and Paws fights target creature.
4/3

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 8 months ago

Lesser Duneshark 5RR
Creature - Shark - (C)
Haste, Menace
Cycling 2
7/7

IIW: a card from the new hit draft set: Planar Chaos Part 2: Chaos Ensues
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 8 months ago

New Animal person name in MTG: Kalai, meaning shark people.

San-Hel Aft, Rogue Kalai 1UB
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Shark Warrior
Skulk
Whenever San-Hel Aft attacks and isn't blocked, put a depth counter on it.
After blockers are declared, San-Hel Aft gets +1/+0 for each depth counter on it.
Whenever San-Hel Aft deals combat damage to a player, if it had 3 or more depth counters on it, remove them, scry X, where X is the number of depth counters removed this way, then draw a card.
With much experience in the crushing depths, San-Hel Aft maneuvers through the dark waters to find his prey.
1/3

IIW: Battle of the bands

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

CunningGabe wrote:
8 months ago
Judging!
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
8 months ago
Loxodon Reveler BRG
Madness—Pay 4 life.
Trample
4/4

I really like the way this sort of echoes both Loxodon Hierarch and Loxodon Smiter. It's also neat that you could play it in a straight up RB Hellbent deck.
Cythare wrote:
8 months ago
Cease and Desist WU
Sorcery (U)
Overload 4WWU

Worldsoul Surge 1G
Instant (U)
Replicate 1G
Convoke

Both nice, but I especially like Worldsoul Surge; Replicate + Convoke is a great combination.
I'm glad you enjoyed the double callback on the Selesnya loxodons! The flavor text was an additional attempt to point towards Loxodon Hierarch. Also glad you liked the replicate + convoke combo, which I feel is at a fair rate (although extra-spicy if exalted is thrown into the mix!).

Skyshark Remnant 3B
Creature — Shark Skeleton (C)
Flying
Basic landcycling 1B
Unearth 2B
4/1
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”