MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/1/23 is Divine Visitation.

Great use of the "create" wording technology. And yes, it works with Farid, Enterprising Salvager!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 9 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Great use of the "create" wording technology. And yes, it works with Farid, Enterprising Salvager!
That's a non-combo, Farid create a non-creature Scrap, while DV only affects creature token creation.

You're thinking Chatterfang, who does work with any token.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
9 months ago
void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
That's a non-combo, Farid create a non-creature Scrap, while DV only affects creature token creation.

You're thinking Chatterfang, who does work with any token.
Ope. You know, I thought it said "creature tokens" but somehow when I read it while posting this, I read just "tokens" - shows what I get for posting while tired.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/3/23 is Silumgar's Command.

A rare example of the use of just "destroy target planeswalker" without hitting creatures (although this does also have a separate creature removal mode)...

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/7/23 is Groundling Pouncer.

Prime Eventide weirdness!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/8/23 is Cavalcade of Calamity.

It's more narrow Raid Bombardment. Still, makes sense in Ravnica - sets on that particular plane tend to be token-heavy.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/8/23 is Cavalcade of Calamity.

It's more narrow Raid Bombardment. Still, makes sense in Ravnica - sets on that particular plane tend to be token-heavy.
This is one I hated that it was uncommon. I wish this was common mostly for Pauper EDH but still I think pauper cubes would run this if it was common.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/10/23 is Reliquary Tower.

"No maximum hand size", in terms of relative "how big does this sound" to "how much does this impact the game/how much does it usually cost", has got to have one of the biggest gaps.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/16/23 is Eager First-Year.

It's funny - in literally any other set this would be a monored card, possibly with some blue.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/23/23 is Terashi's Cry.

Terashi has three Arcane cards named after him, and his equivalent in real world mythology Amaterasu is probably THE most significant kami in Shinto, but this is all we see of him in Kamigawa.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 8/28/23 is Thunderbolt.

An early example of red hosing flying!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/11/23 is Varolz, the Scar-Striped.

A design I tend to like for faction legends is "give cards the faction mechanics" and what do you know, this fits the bill. Not one of the best combo pieces with Death's Shadow or Phyrexian Dreadnought, but among the funniest.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/12/23 is Thundering Mightmare.

The occasional tradition of different kinds of ___mares on different planes is one of the little things I love about this game.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/18/23 is Humble the Brute.

Clue tokens were, imo, an important step towards white getting more card draw options as it has today.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/19/23 is Sylvan Reclamation.

Interesting to see an uncommon utility/cycling cycle as designed for EDH.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/20/23 is Psychic Barrier.

My love for the 1-life-hit utility cards from New Phyrexia is deep and abiding.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 7 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/20/23 is Psychic Barrier.

I think the life-loss rubbed some people the wrong way, but I've come to accept that this is exclusively Phyrexia's version of blue (and white, and green etc...)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 7 months ago

7 months ago
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago

I think the life-loss rubbed some people the wrong way, but I've come to accept that this is exclusively Phyrexia's version of blue (and white, and green etc...)

I personally love the addition life off from phyrexia and wish it showed up more in blue
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/21/23 is Form of the Dragon.

A card that's spawned many an homage, but I'm not sure it holds up all that well nowadays.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/25/23 is Mirror of the Forebears.

EDH tends to need a certain amount of "choose your own tribal" cards in order to make tribal decks relevant for types that don't have the amount of support that Goblins, Elves, or Merfolk do.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 9/28/23 is Barrow Naughty.

A very recent common supporting a Limited theme. In name terms, this is a follow-up to Bog Naughty.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 7 months ago

Mirror of the Forebears, but for my fave hidden "tribe":

Overcautious Blueprints
Artifact
Overcautious Blueprints enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
: Until end of turn, Overcautious Blueprints becomes a copy of target artifact creature with base toughness 0. Play this ability only once each turn.

(i think Mirror's second ability being playable multiple times in a turn usually results in near-broken freestyling lol)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

folding_music wrote:
7 months ago
Mirror of the Forebears, but for my fave hidden "tribe":
Now is this clockwork creatures or arcbounds?

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 7 months ago

Regarding that Barrow Naughty: You can definitely tell that they were afraid of a Faerie resurgence in multiple.

There is a certain conservative reticence, an undercurrent of restraint running though the Faerie cards in this set; that, and the stench of fear. :rofl:

Understandable of course, but just imagine how hilarious it would be for one of the Faerie to just complete break the metagame of one or more formats.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

7 months ago
Regarding that Barrow Naughty: You can definitely tell that they were afraid of a Faerie resurgence in multiple.

There is a certain conservative reticence, an undercurrent of restraint running though the Faerie cards in this set; that, and the stench of fear. :rofl:

Understandable of course, but just imagine how hilarious it would be for one of the Faerie to just complete break the metagame of one or more formats.
Yeah, it's funny how this combination of tribe and colors as an archetype is probably forever going to be haunted by Lorwyn's Standard. Thankfully there's nothing like Bitterblossom this time around, but actually we got a Thoughtseize variant for this type in Ego Drain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”