Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 9 months ago

I fell in love with their stupid names :rofl: :

Gesäß Zusammenschlagen
5{R}{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
When Gesäß Zusammenschlagen enters the battlefield, destroy any number of target nonland permanents. For each permanent destroyed this way, its controller creates a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
Whenever Gesäß attacks, for each opponent flip a coin. For each flip you win, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying that's tapped and attacking that player.
7/7

Turmeric Hollandaise
3{U}{R}{W}
Flying
The first noncreature spell you cast each turn has convoke.
Whenever Turmeric Hollandaise deals combat damage to a player, untap up to that many creatures you control.
6/6

IIW: Fruit
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 9 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Chemtrails
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chemtrails » 9 months ago

Bashful Phantasm 2U
Creature — Spirit (U)
Flying
At the beginning of your end step, if you control another creature, return Bashful Phantasm to its owner's hand.
3/4

IIW: Blue aggro.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 9 months ago

Konopo, undisputed king 3br
Legendary Creature- elder dragon turtle
Undying, other nonlegendary turtles you control have persist.
Other turtles you control get +1/+1 for each counter on Konopo
When Konopo enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature or artifact until Konopo leaves the battlefield. It can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be activated.
5/5

Iiw: universes within versions of universes beyond super mario cards

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 9 months ago

Brutal Training WB
Enchantment (Rare)
At the the beginning of your upkeep, if you control more than one creature, sacrifice a creature. If you do, put a muster counter on Brutal Training and each opponent loses 1 life.
3, Sacrifice Brutal Training: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the number of muster counters on Brutal Training. If Brutal Training had five or more muster counters on it, put a first strike counter and a hexproof counter on that creature. Activate only if you control exactly one creature.

IIW: bear with set mechanic

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 9 months ago

Pinnadere Kel 2RRWWUU
Legendary Creature - Elder Whale {M}
Flying
Creatures your opponents control lose banding and all "bands with other" abilities and can't have or gain banding or any "bands with other" abilities.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Pinnadere Kel unless you pay RWU
7/7

IIW: A good dream
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

That's the last one. We already have Piru, the Volatile, so I was filling in other slots.

thanks @void_nothing for judging
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

Lividus, Enraged Resenter 2UURRGG
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon
Flying, Provoke
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Lividus, Enraged Resenter unless you pay URG.
Enrage — Whenever Lividus, Enraged Resenter is dealt damage, he deals that much damage to the source's controller.
7/7

IIW: I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE CEPHALIDS
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 9 months ago

Carry the Torch 2GW
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast Carry the Torch, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a creature card that shares a creature type with the sacrificed creature. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Put a number of +1/+1 counters on that creature equal to the sacrificed creature's power. Exile Carry the Torch.

IIW: The next generation
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 9 months ago

Judging in the morning (UK time)

Edit 16 hours later and slightly past morning: judging imminently

Megiddo
MEG

english breakfast
MEG

Ulka

Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
english breakfast
But they have beans for breakfast...

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

guilty. columbo was also involved.
Cythare wrote:
9 months ago
Behead 1WW
Sorcery (R)
Destroy target legendary creature or planeswalker. When that permanent is destroyed this way, put X +1/+1 counters on target legendary creature you control, where X is the destroyed permanent's mana value.

IIW: Legendary insects
Gorgeous highlander reference. I can already visualise the lightning bolt as the power of the fallen highlander surges into them.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
9 months ago
My Domain 3WW
Enchantment-Aura
Enchant creature you control
When My Domain enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures other than enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and had ward 2.
"Bye!"

IIW: Moment of foolishness/ folly
Also good!! It's not often an Aura affects the board in additional ways beyond just the thing it's enchanting, and this is a great use of that kind of mechanical device.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
9 months ago
Gesäß Zusammenschlagen
5{R}{W}{B}
Flying
When Gesäß Zusammenschlagen enters the battlefield, destroy any number of target nonland permanents. For each permanent destroyed this way, its controller creates a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
Whenever Gesäß attacks, for each opponent flip a coin. For each flip you win, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying that's tapped and attacking that player.
7/7

Turmeric Hollandaise
3{U}{R}{W}
Flying
The first noncreature spell you cast each turn has convoke.
Whenever Turmeric Hollandaise deals combat damage to a player, untap up to that many creatures you control.
6/6

Is ........ is that dragon named bruised butt??

I really like bruised butt's descent of the dragons effect, but I'm not so sure about the attack trigger. I might get 0 dragons or I might get several per opponent, and my opponent might have 16 damage come at them out of nowhere based on the luck of some flips. I'm not a fan of that unpredictability and swinginess. Utvara Hellkite and Myriad by comparison are pretty predictable and dependable.

Turmeric Hollandaise is gorgeous though. Good effects for the colors. I get to cast something for six, attack, and untap the guys that convoked it. Or I get to attack with those six guys, then untap them, then convoke with them. That's cool! It's a good choice to be able to make.
Chemtrails wrote:
9 months ago
Bashful Phantasm 2U
Creature — Spirit (U)
Flying
At the beginning of your end step, if you control another creature, return Bashful Phantasm to its owner's hand.
3/4

IIW: Blue aggro.
This is really cute. I love Blue's Phantasm effects like Phantasmal Dreadmaw and I love this along similar lines. And you can use this deliberately to get ETBs if you want.

chetoos wrote:
9 months ago
Konopo, undisputed king 3br
Legendary Creature- elder dragon turtle
Undying, other nonlegendary turtles you control have persist.
Other turtles you control get +1/+1 for each counter on Konopo
When Konopo enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature or artifact until Konopo leaves the battlefield. It can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be activated.
5/5

Iiw: universes within versions of universes beyond super mario cards
I'm not really feeling this one. The elements each seem to pull in different directions: there's undying and persist on the same card, and an effect which offsets persist? I want to see this lean harder into one direction it really wants to go with.

I do like the way the thief effect can choose a new target to steal when it dies and comes back.
lookingupanddown wrote:
9 months ago
Brutal Training WB
Enchantment (Rare)
At the the beginning of your upkeep, if you control more than one creature, sacrifice a creature. If you do, put a muster counter on Brutal Training and each opponent loses 1 life.
3, Sacrifice Brutal Training: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the number of muster counters on Brutal Training. If Brutal Training had five or more muster counters on it, put a first strike counter and a hexproof counter on that creature. Activate only if you control exactly one creature.

IIW: bear with set mechanic
This is a gorgeous payoff in W/B sacrifice. The narrative makes me think immediately of Amonkhet's training schools, for example.
Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
Pinnadere Kel 2RRWWUU
Legendary Creature - Elder Whale {M}
Flying
Creatures your opponents control lose banding and all "bands with other" abilities and can't have or gain banding or any "bands with other" abilities.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Pinnadere Kel unless you pay RWU
7/7

IIW: A good dream
This card is just morally correct. Good whale.

W-what's that? You're playing banding cards?? <screaming>
Ulka wrote:
9 months ago
Lividus, Enraged Resenter 2UURRGG
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon
Flying, Provoke
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Lividus, Enraged Resenter unless you pay URG.
Enrage — Whenever Lividus, Enraged Resenter is dealt damage, he deals that much damage to the source's controller.
7/7

IIW: I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE CEPHALIDS
Love me a good spite blocker. Souls of the Faultless, Brash Taunter, Spitemare, Boros Reckoner, etc. It's unusual to see them in Temur colors, they're more often in W/B/R, but it's not off base for mono-red. It makes me happy to see you combine that with Provoke here. :)

Cythare wrote:
9 months ago
Carry the Torch 2GW
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast Carry the Torch, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a creature card that shares a creature type with the sacrificed creature. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Put a number of +1/+1 counters on that creature equal to the sacrificed creature's power. Exile Carry the Torch.

IIW: The next generation
Ok that tugs at my heartstrings a little bit. Very thematic, I like it.

Winner: @lookingupanddown
Next: bear with set mechanic

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
I might get 0 dragons or I might get several per opponent, and my opponent might have 16 damage come at them out of nowhere based on the luck of some flipsx. I'm not a fan of that unpredictability and swinginess.
You might be referring to an earlier iteration when it read "flip a coin until you get tails." Now Ze Cheekclapper flips a single coin for each opponent.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

9 months ago
spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
I might get 0 dragons or I might get several per opponent, and my opponent might have 16 damage come at them out of nowhere based on the luck of some flipsx. I'm not a fan of that unpredictability and swinginess.
You might be referring to an earlier iteration when it read "flip a coin until you get tails." Now Ze Cheekclapper flips a single coin for each opponent.
Oops, yes, I read that one and didn't fully take on board that bit had vanished!

Just one flip per opponent is much better to work with, that's a good change.

chetoos

Koopa Troopa 1G
Creature - Turtle Warrior
Koopa Troopa enters the battlefield with a shell counter on it. (As long as this creature has a shell counter on it, if it would leave the battlefield, instead, remove the shell counter, remove all damage from it, and set its power and toughness to its base power and toughness.)
When Koopa Troopa attacks, if it doesn't have a shell counter on it, it gets +2/-1 until end of combat and has trample.
2/2

IIW: Universes Within versions of universes beyond super mario cards.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Infamous Mummy 1B
Creature- Zombie (C)
When Infamous Mummy dies, exile it and up to one target creature card from a graveyard onto the market. (Players may play cards from the market during their turns. Spells cast from the market cost an additional 2 to cast, and mana may be spent as though it were any type to cast spells from the market.)
"The last nine owners were said to be cursed! Where shall we start the bidding?"
2/2

IIW: Bats

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Unrestrained Project 1G
Creature — Shark Bear (U)
Trample
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
As long as you control an Island, Unrestrained Project can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.
2/2

IIW: Tarkir or Kylem meet the multiverse

Sporegorger_Dragon

Snoozing Wobbegong
1{U}
Creature - Shark (C)
Snoozing Wobbegong enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
2/2

Great Witchetty Grub
1{G}
Creature - Insect (C)
Sacrifice Great Witchetty Grub: Create a Food token.
Disturb 4{B}
2/2
===============
Ragged Wood Moth
Creature - Insect (B)
Flying
If Ragged Wood Moth would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
3/1

Ulka

Honey Eater 1G
Creature - Bear
Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Honey Eater, create a food token and put a +1/+1 counter on Honey Eater.
"It risks life and limb, all for a taste of hive's nectar."
2/2

IIW: Arcane or Splice onto Arcane

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Semblance Sculptor 1R
Creature- Human Artificer
Whenever Semblance Sculptor enters the battlefield, create a facsimile of up to one other target creature you control. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of your next end step. (A facsimile is a colorless artifact Construct creature token with power and toughness equal to the power and toughness of the original creature.)
2/2

IIW: Pretty flowers

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 9 months ago

The bear reserve
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
9 months ago
Koopa Troopa 1G
Creature - Turtle Warrior
Koopa Troopa enters the battlefield with a shell counter on it. (As long as this creature has a shell counter on it, if it would leave the battlefield, instead, remove the shell counter, remove all damage from it, and set its power and toughness to its base power and toughness.)
When Koopa Troopa attacks, if it doesn't have a shell counter on it, it gets +2/-1 until end of combat and has trample.
2/2

IIW: Universes Within versions of universes beyond super mario cards.
Interesting take on the koopa. The shell counter mechanic feels like it's trying to stop a lot of shenanigans, but could get confusing.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
9 months ago
Infamous Mummy 1B
Creature- Zombie (C)
When Infamous Mummy dies, exile it and up to one target creature card from a graveyard onto the market. (Players may play cards from the market during their turns. Spells cast from the market cost an additional 2 to cast, and mana may be spent as though it were any type to cast spells from the market.)
"The last nine owners were said to be cursed! Where shall we start the bidding?"
2/2

IIW: Bats
The market reads like it requires a lot of playtesting, and that weird Gravedigger effect feels like it might be a bit too swingy. Heavy on the flavor though. Read the flavor text with this old-timey auctioneer accent lol.
spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
Unrestrained Project 1G
Creature — Shark Bear (U)
Trample
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
As long as you control an Island, Unrestrained Project can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.
2/2

The last ability feels like overkill, especially if you're playing Limited and this was picked early. Otherwise, pretty decent card to support a curve, as with nearly everything with evolve.
9 months ago
Snoozing Wobbegong
1{U}
Creature - Shark (C)
Snoozing Wobbegong enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
2/2

Great Witchetty Grub
1{G}
Creature - Insect (C)
Sacrifice Great Witchetty Grub: Create a Food token.
Disturb 4{B}
2/2
===============
Ragged Wood Moth
Creature - Insect (B)
Flying
If Ragged Wood Moth would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
3/1

And of course, the blue bear that needs a downside because it's the one color that doesn't get regular bears. Stun counter theme feels odd, but it has shown to be possible with WOE. The new disturb grub bear is a great use of disturb (especially with the sacrifice ability), but the moth feels a bit small.
Ulka wrote:
9 months ago
Honey Eater 1G
Creature - Bear
Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Honey Eater, create a food token and put a +1/+1 counter on Honey Eater.
"It risks life and limb, all for a taste of hive's nectar."
2/2

IIW: Arcane or Splice onto Arcane
A heroic bear, and the first one in green. While I'm not sure if the Food token matches up to what the other three do, the counter is standard procedure already. My biggest question si why a bear would share its honey.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
9 months ago
Semblance Sculptor 1R
Creature- Human Artificer
Whenever Semblance Sculptor enters the battlefield, create a facsimile of up to one other target creature you control. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of your next end step. (A facsimile is a colorless artifact Construct creature token with power and toughness equal to the power and toughness of the original creature.)
2/2

IIW: Pretty flowers
Functional haste bear, but now with artifact and death trigger synergy. Draft as many as you can.
Winner
Show
Hide
HM: Great Witchetty Grub // Ragged Wood Moth by Sporegorger_Dragon
Winner: Semblance Sculptor by Mergatroid_Jones

Next: Pretty flowers

Megiddo
MEG

Budding Lotus 0
Artifact {M}
Reveal Budding Lotus as you draft it and note its draft position.
1+ | T, Sacrifice Budding Lotus: Add C.
5+ | Instead, add one mana of any color.
9+ | Instead, add three mana of any one color.

IIW: More Conspiracy-style draft matters cards.
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Smell the Roses 1W
Instant (U)
Target attacking creature phases out until the next time its controller attacks with one or more creatures. It phases in tapped and attacking.
Draw a card.

Post by avatarz » 9 months ago

Blank Lotus
Artifact (M)
When Blank Lotus is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, add CCC.

IIW: Camouflage [cost] (You may cast this for its camouflage cost. If you do, put it over a creature you control. It camouflages into this creature with all the abilities under it. Return the camouflage to your hand at the beginning of the end step.)

chetoos

Fire Flower Field 2R
Enchantment
When this enters the battlefield, put a fire shield counter on target creature you control. (A fire shield counter acts as a shield counter, and as long as the pokemon has the fire shield counter, it has "1r: this creature gets +2/+0")
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay 2RR. If you do, put a fire shield counter on target creature you control.

IIW: Universes within versions of universes beyond Super Mario cards.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”