NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Megiddo is right to fear %$#% into a win. Next challenge is "quiet contemplation" btw.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Eidolon of Nyx Viewing 3W
Enchantment Creature - Spirit (R)
Flash
When Eidolon of Nyx Viewing enters the battlefield, return another target enchantment creature you control or enchantment creature card in your graveyard to its owner's hand.
At the beginning of your end step, if you cast exactly one enchantment spell and no other spells this turn, draw a card.
3/3

IIW: SATYR PARTY TIME
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

Aliban, the Thinker 1WR
Legendary Creature - Goblin Wizard Noble
Whenever a player casts a spell, exile it with a time counter. If it doesn't have suspend it gains suspend.
Tap two other untapped goblins you control: Remove a time counter from target suspended card.
"As the last noble goblin to survive the Great war, he was often lost in thought which puzzled everyone who interacted with him as most had never even seen a goblin have an idea."
1/3

IIW: Story Cards for how you think Return to Ulgrotha would go
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 9 months ago

Pearl Lake Mystic W
Creature — Human Monk (R)
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Pearl Lake Mystic can't attack or block.
When Pearl Lake Mystic dies, create an X/X white Spirit Monk creature token with flying and first strike, where X is Pearl Lake Mystic's power.
1/1

IIW: Tarkir now bridged with the Multiverse
Last edited by spacemonaut 9 months ago, edited 10 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 9 months ago

Karn, living statue 5
Legendary Creature - Golem
Whenever a creature with flying attacks with you as the defending player, it loses flying until end of combat.
Whenever a nontoken artifact creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a token that's a copy of it, except it isn't a creature.
Another pigeon, and of course they all have to divert to me. - Karn, living statue, thoughts.
0/8

IIW: Universes within versions of universes beyond: Super Mario cards.
Last edited by chetoos 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 9 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Megiddo is right to fear %$#% into a win. Next challenge is "quiet contemplation" btw.
the most dangerous game!!!!
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
i'm not ashamed to admit that I have big "just traveled abroad" energy at this time. it'll wear off. maybe.
https://www.museum.go.kr/site/eng/showroom/list/631120
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

will judge in the morning. help me avoid quadruple posting by entering
MEG

chetoos

Silent Consideration 2W
Enchantment
Each player may only cast spells if no spells or abilities are waiting to resolve.
Each mage waited as the magic weaved itself into shape, watching what it would become. Then, they would react, not before.

IIW: Same as my other post.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Deep In Thought 1U
Enchantment- Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block and has "At the beginning of your end step, draw a card."

IIW: An opposite color pair of cards, such as White Knight/ Black Knight or Hydroblast/ Pyroblast

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Serial Posting Ban 1RW
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell except for the first they cast during each of their turns, and whenever a player copies a spell, Serial Posting Ban deals 1 damage to them for each time they've cast or copied a spell this turn.
"Storm!? I'll show you a storm!"

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 9 months ago

Riddle of the Sky 1U
Enchantment - Riddle (U)
(When this riddle enters, secretly choose Sun or Moon. To pose a riddle, have an opponent guess your choice, then reveal it.)
1U, Pose and sacrifice this riddle: If the guesswork failed, scry 2. Then —
Sun — Tap up to two target creatures and put a stun counter on each of them.
Moon — Draw two cards.

IIW: an expression
Last edited by Juancu 9 months ago, edited 7 times in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
Serial Posting Ban 1RW
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell except for the first they cast during each of their turns, and whenever a player copies a spell, Serial Posting Ban deals 1 damage to them for each time they've cast or copied a spell this turn.
Of course the irony is I don't infract for it

Megiddo
MEG

making bread
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

italian bread

Ulka

spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
italian bread
Good bread needs time to prove properly

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Eidolon of Nyx Viewing 3W
Enchantment Creature - Spirit (R)
Flash
When Eidolon of Nyx Viewing enters the battlefield, return another target enchantment creature you control or enchantment creature card in your graveyard to its owner's hand.
At the beginning of your end step, if you cast exactly one enchantment spell and no other spells this turn, draw a card.
3/3

IIW: SATYR PARTY TIME
I somehow lost a very long and rambling amount of text here that almost certainly sounded insane, which is probably good. I'll just proceed with judging the card. [pause for a beat to imagine me reading the card for the first time here; yes, I typed out a few paragraphs before reading the card already] Ok, so I'll spare you an unhinged rant about white card draw, though I *don't* like that this is very easily a 2-for-1 on cast if you flash it in. They really make it too easy now, smh. I like it otherwise. Reminds me of Odunos River Trawler. I'm not even going to double check that one. I know I've got it.
Ulka wrote:
9 months ago
Aliban, the Thinker 1WR
Legendary Creature - Goblin Wizard Noble
Whenever a player casts a spell, exile it with a time counter. If it doesn't have suspend it gains suspend.
Tap two other untapped goblins you control: Remove a time counter from target suspended card.
"As the last noble goblin to survive the Great war, he was often lost in thought which puzzled everyone who interacted with him as most had never even seen a goblin have an idea."
1/3

IIW: Story Cards for how you think Return to Ulgrotha would go
Important context here, I also lost a brief explanation that I'd been, and still am, drinking. So excuse any oddities in the judgment tonight. I am making bread though. still. We're on the second rise now. I nearly killed my starter and this is the great revival. Anyway. I read this the other day when you posted it and I thought it was cute. Everybody has to wait! Except if you have some goblins around you can hurry things up. Good package. I think you just need a "casts a spell from their hand" or something, because as-is I think it will never let anybody cast any spells. White goblins tho...
spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
Pearl Lake Mystic W
Creature — Human Monk (R)
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Pearl Lake Mystic can't attack or block.
When Pearl Lake Mystic dies, create an X/X white Spirit Monk creature token with flying and first strike, where X is Pearl Lake Mystic's power.
1/1

IIW: Tarkir now bridged with the Multiverse
Monks make sense. This is a cute puzzle card. I like it. Can it start as a 2/2? Maybe that's too good. I enjoy the game this offers to the player and the reward it provides is worth the cost of entry I think.
chetoos wrote:
9 months ago
Karn, living statue 5
Legendary Creature - Golem
Whenever a creature with flying attacks with you as the defending player, it loses flying until end of combat.
Whenever a nontoken artifact creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a token that's a copy of it, except it isn't a creature.
Another pigeon, and of course they all have to divert to me. - Karn, living statue, thoughts.
0/8

This is cute. I enjoy the statue joke (Xanthic Statue made this joke before, actually. I can't claim I remember that one, but i DO remember Fountain of Youth, lol). Creating copies of all of your artifacti .. I am losing the ability to type. Please forgive me.
Creating copies of all of your artifacts is pretty wild. Mishra, Artificer Prodigy was a card I built some decks around back in the casual deckbuilding days (sadly he sucks for EDH, so) and I enjoyed how powerful he could be. This Karn asks nothing of you and provides everything.
chetoos wrote:
9 months ago
Silent Consideration 2W
Enchantment
Each player may only cast spells if no spells or abilities are waiting to resolve.
Each mage waited as the magic weaved itself into shape, watching what it would become. Then, they would react, not before.

IIW: Same as my other post.
Kills counterspells and such? I like it. Referencing the stack is always dangerous but they'll do anything these days. This is a pretty clean way to do it.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
9 months ago
Deep In Thought 1U
Enchantment- Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block and has "At the beginning of your end step, draw a card."

IIW: An opposite color pair of cards, such as White Knight/ Black Knight or Hydroblast/ Pyroblast
Yes. Yes.
spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
Serial Posting Ban 1RW
Enchantment
Look. Look. If you weren't around for the "post in threads like they were IM client" days...............................................................
ah the days of my youth. like the scent of fresh lemon.
Juancu wrote:
9 months ago
Riddle of the Sky 1U
Enchantment - Riddle (U)
(When this riddle enters, secretly choose Sun or Moon. To pose a riddle, have an opponent guess your choice, then reveal it.)
1U, Pose and sacrifice this riddle: If the guesswork failed, scry 2. Then —
Sun — Tap up to two target creatures and put a stun counter on each of them.
Moon — Draw two cards.

IIW: an expression
YAAAA we started on the sky and there we end!
Riddles??? Look, new card types are not where we are at tonight, sorry!

Winner: Megartroid_Jones
Next! An opposite color pair of cards, such as White Knight/ Black Knight or Hydroblast/ Pyroblast
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Ulka wrote:
9 months ago
spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
italian bread
Good bread needs time to prove properly
we're well overproved at this point LOL

I made the dough this morning and then like......... was out until an hour ago..........

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
MEG

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
Creating copies of all of your artifacts is pretty wild. Mishra, Artificer Prodigy was a card I built some decks around back in the casual deckbuilding days (sadly he sucks for EDH, so) and I enjoyed how powerful he could be. This Karn asks nothing of you and provides everything.
Karn only makes copies of your artifact creatures, so your Myr Sire or your Scrap Trawler, but not your Krark-Clan Ironworks

Megiddo
MEG

on another night I would have caught that....... sorry defeated
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Hopeful Vigil / Hopeless Nightmare is a more recent example.

chetoos

Knight of Study 1U
Creature - Human Knight
Protection from Green.
Whenever you draw a card, another target creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

Knight of Instinct 1G
Creature - Human Knight
Protection from Blue
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
2/2

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Real OGs remember when these were called mirrored pairs

Ulka

Cephalid Hydrosage 2U
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (U)
Flash
Protection from Red
When Cephalid Hydromsage enters the battlefield, counter target sorcery or red spell.
1/3

Goblin Pyrosage 2R
Creature - Goblin Shaman (U)
Flash
Protection from Blue
When Goblin Pyrosage enters the battlefield, counter target instant or blue spell.
1/3

IIW: Uncommon color hate cards

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 9 months ago

Stolid Inspector 1UU
Creature — Vedalken Wizard (U)
Flash
When Stolid Inspector enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Counter target creature spell.
• Tap target creature. Put a stun counter on it.
2/1

Primeval Sentry 1GG
Creature — Elf Warrior (U)
Flash
When Primeval Sentry enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Until end of turn, creature spells you control can't be countered.
• Target creature gains hexproof until end of turn. Untap it.
2/1

IIW: 2mv multicolor spells
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”