NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 9 months ago

Penitent Bear 1G
Creature — Bear {R}
Ward 2
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a charge counter on Penitent Bear. Then if Penitent Bear has 3 or more charge counters on it, transform it.
Whenever Penitent Bear attacks or blocks, remove all charge counters from it.
2/2

//

Ungnyeo, Mother of Nations
Legendary Creature — Human Demigod {R}
Trample, ward 2
When this creature transforms into Ungnyeo, Mother of Nations, create a 1/1 white Human Noble creature token.
Whenever Ungnyeo attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
4/4

IIW: vacation
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 9 months ago

chetoos lore errata (issued by chetoos) is that he's from the East Coast, mind

In my mind, Devout of Ramos comes from a Rebel set where rebels are tutored to hand rather than simply put right onto the battlefield, and they're probably mainly in Naya.

anyway yay, primordials and ancients time!!!

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Megiddo's in his Korean heritage era now
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i'm not ashamed to admit that I have big "just traveled abroad" energy at this time. it'll wear off. maybe.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Well if Meg's going deep on Earth lore, I'll do it too. Guess what I've been reading:

Väinämöinen, Wise and Aged UU
Legendary Creature- Elder Demigod Bard (U)
Flash
When Väinämöinen enters the battlefield, you may create a token that's a copy of target Saga. If you don't, draw a card.
"Sang the aged Väinämöinen;
Lakes swelled up, and earth was shaken,
And the coppery mountains trembled.
And the mighty rocks resounded." -Kalevala Runo 3, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby

1/3

Ilmarinen, Primordial Blacksmith 1RR
Legendary Creature- Demigod Artificer (U)
X,T: Put X forge counter on Ilmarinen.
T, Remove X forge counters from Ilmarinen: search your library for an artifact card with mana value X or less, and put it onto the battlefield. X can't be 0.
"Then the smith named Ilmarinen
Answered in the words which follow:
'I will go to forge the Sampo,
Weld its many-coloured cover'" -Kalevala Runo 10, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby

2/2

Louhi, Mistress of Pohjola 4UU
Legendary Creature- Elder Demigod Noble (M)
Flying, Ward 2
UU: You may cast a spell with mana value 7 or less from your hand without paying its mana cost. (Timing restrictions still apply.)
"Let the air be filled with tempest,
Raise a mighty wind against them,
Raise thou winds and waves against them,
With their boat contending ever" -Kalevala Runo 42, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby
2/6

IIW: Something from this list of the most recently added/re-introduced animal creature types: Mite, Porcupine*, Walrus, Raccoon, Hamster, Shark, Otter, Mouse, Pangolin, Kangaroo*, Deer*, Beaver*, Jackal, Trilobite, Dinosaur, Mole, Monkey

*: These have only appeared in silver border/acorn, and are not yet technically legal creature types.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Primevals!

Treva Unbroken 3GWU
Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying, lifelink, indestructible
Whenever you gain life, you may put a permanent card with mana value less than or equal to the amount of life you gained from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained life three or more times this turn, draw three cards.
4/4

IIW: Legendary creatures in the Izzet or Boros guilds
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

judging tomorrow

if you're stuck: I also like big monsters and ancients have a tendency to be that

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 9 months ago

Kingseeker Frampt 3WB
Legendary Creature - Elder Serpent
Kingseeker Frampt enters the battlefield tapped with 2 slumber counters on it. It doesn't untap as long as it has a slumber counter on it.
Whenever a legendary creature you control deals combat damage to a player, remove a slumber counter from Kingseeker Frampt.
Whenever a legendary creature you control dies, you may exile it. If you do, create a token that's a copy if it at the beginning of the next end step.
T, sacrifice an artifact: create X treasure tokens, where X is the sacrificed artifact's mana value.
7/7

IIW: Work that name. Options: Loneliness, The Simic Slaw, or Crowned Plague

Megiddo
MEG

Deep-Song Ancient 5RR
Creature — Whale {M}
Flying, haste
When Deep-Song Ancient enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature. Tap those creatures.
7/7

IIW: count something new
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
Penitent Bear 1G
Creature — Bear {R}
Ward 2
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a charge counter on Penitent Bear. Then if Penitent Bear has 3 or more charge counters on it, transform it.
Whenever Penitent Bear attacks or blocks, remove all charge counters from it.
2/2

//

Ungnyeo, Mother of Nations
Legendary Creature — Human Demigod {R}
Trample, ward 2
When this creature transforms into Ungnyeo, Mother of Nations, create a 1/1 white Human Noble creature token.
Whenever Ungnyeo attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
4/4

IIW: vacation
I went and looked up the mythology of Ungnyeo and this is great work capturing it. She has to stay put to become a Human, and that's her son, and she makes everyone stronger!

Keep your tourism arc going.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
9 months ago
Well if Meg's going deep on Earth lore, I'll do it too. Guess what I've been reading:

Väinämöinen, Wise and Aged UU
Legendary Creature- Elder Demigod Bard (U)
Flash
When Väinämöinen enters the battlefield, you may create a token that's a copy of target Saga. If you don't, draw a card.
"Sang the aged Väinämöinen;
Lakes swelled up, and earth was shaken,
And the coppery mountains trembled.
And the mighty rocks resounded." -Kalevala Runo 3, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby

1/3

Ilmarinen, Primordial Blacksmith 1RR
Legendary Creature- Demigod Artificer (U)
X,T: Put X forge counter on Ilmarinen.
T, Remove X forge counters from Ilmarinen: search your library for an artifact card with mana value X or less, and put it onto the battlefield. X can't be 0.
"Then the smith named Ilmarinen
Answered in the words which follow:
'I will go to forge the Sampo,
Weld its many-coloured cover'" -Kalevala Runo 10, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby

2/2

Louhi, Mistress of Pohjola 4UU
Legendary Creature- Elder Demigod Noble (M)
Flying, Ward 2
UU: You may cast a spell with mana value 7 or less from your hand without paying its mana cost. (Timing restrictions still apply.)
"Let the air be filled with tempest,
Raise a mighty wind against them,
Raise thou winds and waves against them,
With their boat contending ever" -Kalevala Runo 42, Compiled by Elias Lönnrot, Trans. W.F. Kirby
2/6

IIW: Something from this list of the most recently added/re-introduced animal creature types: Mite, Porcupine*, Walrus, Raccoon, Hamster, Shark, Otter, Mouse, Pangolin, Kangaroo*, Deer*, Beaver*, Jackal, Trilobite, Dinosaur, Mole, Monkey

*: These have only appeared in silver border/acorn, and are not yet technically legal creature types.
Of these, I think Ilmarinen is my favourite: he's a blacksmith who can work over multiple turns to smith a truly great work. Any spare mana you've got, you can stash with Ilmarinen.

I'm not sure how to evaluate Louhi. As worded, timing restrictions wouldn't apply—you'd have to apply a duration somehow that establishes a permission window.

Väinämöinen is fun as a storyteller.
void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Primevals!

Treva Unbroken 3GWU
Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying, lifelink, indestructible
Whenever you gain life, you may put a permanent card with mana value less than or equal to the amount of life you gained from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained life three or more times this turn, draw three cards.
4/4

IIW: Legendary creatures in the Izzet or Boros guilds
Treva! It's been a hot minute since we last saw her! It's unknown what fate befell her in the story, and I'm happy to see her alive and well.

I never thought I'd see a card that made a hand full of gainlands seem a little threatening, but I like the interaction, but it might need tuning, but I'm excited to see what it does.
chetoos wrote:
9 months ago
Kingseeker Frampt 3WB
Legendary Creature - Elder Serpent
Kingseeker Frampt enters the battlefield tapped with 2 slumber counters on it. It doesn't untap as long as it has a slumber counter on it.
Whenever a legendary creature you control deals combat damage to a player, remove a slumber counter from Kingseeker Frampt.
Whenever a legendary creature you control dies, you may exile it. If you do, create a token that's a copy if it at the beginning of the next end step.
T, sacrifice an artifact: create X treasure tokens, where X is the sacrificed artifact's mana value.
7/7

IIW: Work that name. Options: Loneliness, The Simic Slaw, or Crowned Plague
Frampt! That weird lookin' guy! That jerk basically sending us on a quest to die to fuel his power without telling us that's what's going on!

I really like your take on him. It is after making a bit of progress and ringing the Bells of Awakening that Frampt appears, so I like that you basically quest to wake him up.

I think the third ability can't technically make copies of tokens? It probably should specify nontoken if it could. I like the fact this lets you "sell" stuff, too.

Nice work.
Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
Deep-Song Ancient 5RR
Creature — Whale {M}
Flying, haste
When Deep-Song Ancient enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature. Tap those creatures.
7/7

IIW: count something new
A red whale? A flying whale? A red flying whale that taps creatures? This is full of surprise but it makes sense somehow??? I don't think Red can even do that but it sure makes sense and a red flying mythic whale that pings everything down sure gets the benefit of the doubt and I wanna use this guy.

Winner: void_nothing
Next: Legendary creatures in the Izzet or Boros guilds

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Oddly, there actually very much have been flying whales in Magic. Mostly on Kaladesh.

Thanks for the win, can't wait to see what you folks come up with for the two enemy-red guilds of Ravnica!

chetoos

spacemonaut wrote:
9 months ago
I think the third ability can't technically make copies of tokens? It probably should specify nontoken if it could. I like the fact this lets you "sell" stuff, too.
Yeah, I should include "nontoken" in there, but it can't make token copies of tokens anyway. The idea there is that frampt turns your legendaries into undead, until they lose their minds.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

Flizbinz, Logic Leaper 1UR
Legendary Creature - Frog Wizard
Whenever you cast an Instant or sorcery spell, choose two —
• Flizbinz, Logic Leaper gets +1/+1 and has flying until the end of turn.
• Flizbinz, Logic Leaper gets +1/+1 and has haste until the end of turn.
• Flizbinz, Logic Leaper deal 1 damage to any target.
• Exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play that card.
1/2

IIW: Frog Wizards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Ral Zarek, sparkless stormmage 2ur
Legendary creature - human wizard
As an additional cost to cast instant and Sorcery spells, you may pay that spell's mana cost. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
, discard a card: you may cast target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard this turn. If you do, exile that spell when it resolves.
3/3

Kydeon, boros recruit 1WR
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Haste
Battalion: Whenever Kydeon and at least 2 other creatures attack, prevent all damage that would be dealt to attacking creatures this turn, then choose any number of attacking creatures. Those creatures each become base power and toughness 4/4 until end of turn.
"Does that one seem familiar to you, Aurelia?" Tajic, voice of the legion
2/2

Iiw: just more stuff on new capenna
Last edited by chetoos 9 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

whales are basically dragons that live in the water
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 9 months ago

Eatuza, Firemind's Proofchecker UR
Legendary Creature- Elemental Wizard (R)
Flash
Instant and sorcery spells cost you 1 less to cast.
When you cast your fifth spell in a turn, you may create Niv Mizzet, a 4/4 legendary blue and red Dragon creature token with flying and "When this creature becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to any target, then draw a card."
1/4

The Third District Barricade
Legendary Creature- Wall (R)
Defender, First strike
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player attacked you this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on The Third District barricade.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may move any number of +1/+1 counters from The Third District Barricade onto another target creature.
0/3

iiw: Why not this creature type?
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 9 months ago

Megiddo wrote:
9 months ago
whales are basically dragons that live in the water
And breathe water instead of fire.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 9 months ago

Venedrex wrote:
9 months ago
They most emphatically DO NOT. :omg:
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 9 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
9 months ago
Venedrex wrote:
9 months ago
They most emphatically DO NOT. :omg:
Lol, OK, they hold air in a sac and then shoot it out the blowhole to get a refill. For some reason I was thinking gills, but I guess since Whales are mammals and not fish...

As penance:

Uldrom, Zonot Swimmer
Legendary Creature — Dragon Whale (M)
Flying, trample
When Uldrom, Zonot Swimmer enters the battlefield or attacks, you may discard an instant or sorcery card. If you do, draw three cards, then Uldrom deals five damage to each opponent.
, Exile three instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard: Exile Uldrom, Zonot Swimmer. Return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
"What in the name of the Guildpact have the Simic done now?!" — Delbrik, Boros Captain.
5/6

IIW: Judge's Choice
Last edited by Venedrex 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Megiddo
MEG

love holding my air in my sac before i drive through a tunnel
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Izzo, Flectomancer Adept UR
Legendary Creature — Goblin {R}
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may change the targets of target instant or sorcery spell.
2/2

IIW: venomous............... or poisonous....?
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

Wyoryn'vili, Vicious General
Legendary Creature - Viashino Soldier (R)
First Strike
Wyoryn'vili, Vicious General has Haste if you control no other creatures with Haste.
Wyoryn'vili, Vicious General has Vigilance if you control exactly one other creature with Haste.
Wyoryn'vili, Vicious General has Double Strike if you control two or more creatures with Haste.
2/2

IIW: 3 mana value uncommon counterspells meant to be useful in limited
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 9 months ago

Eksari, Boros Patrol Leader 2RW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (R)
Haste
Battalion — Whenever Eksari, Boros Patrol Leader and at least two other creatures attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking creature with less power than Eskari.
"If you will not disperse, you will be dispersed."
4/2

IIW: 2mv multicolored spells
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Judging later today

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Pravi, the Lawspark 1URW
Legendary Creature — Weird Soldier (M)
Prowess
Instant and sorcery spells you control have lifelink.
Whenever Pravi blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, you may cast a noncreature spell with mana value 3 or less from your hand targeting Pravi or one of those creatures without paying its mana cost.
A hybrid experiment in peace between the guilds in more ways than one.
3/3

IIW: Return to Kylem, or the Azra of the multiverse

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”