NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 10 months ago

Sneed, Goblin Barkwright 1B
Legendary Creature — Goblin {R}
Swampwalk
When Sneed, Goblin Barkwright enters the battlefield, target Forest becomes a Swamp.
2/2

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'll spare you further jokes. here's a bonus:

William Shakespeare, the Bard 3GWU
Legendary Creature — Human Bard {M}
Hexproof
Each non-Saga Enchantment you control is a Saga with:
I: You gain 2 life.
II: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
III: Draw a card.
3/4
IIW: walk off
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

Megiddo wrote:
10 months ago
Swampwalk
When Sneed, Goblin Barkwright enters the battlefield, target Forest becomes a Swamp.
2/2
Formerly Chuck
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i wasn't gonna be the one to say it.
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 10 months ago

Abrado, Custodi Priest 2WB
Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor
Flying
As long as Abardo, Custodi Priest has a +1/+1 counter on it, it has persist.
Undying
2/2

IIW: Cards for the next Conspiracy set
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 10 months ago

Flugg, Goblin Spelunker 1R
Legendary Creature — Goblin Scout (U)
Skulk
Whenever Flugg, Goblin Spelunker enters the battlefield or attacks, amass Insects 1.
When you control an Insect with power 3 or greater, sacrifice Flugg, Goblin Spelunker.
2/1

IIW: Elves
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Higa, Slayer-Captain of Gatstaf 1GG
Legendary Creature - Human Ranger (R)
Noncombat damage is dealt to attacking and blocking creatures your opponents control as though its source had deathtouch.
2RW, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Higa. When you do, up to one target creature attacks or blocks this turn if able.
"A slayer who isn't always getting better is headed for the Blessed Sleep soon - if they're lucky."
3/4

IIW: Cards from all-new-card remakes of classic but outdated sets
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Halvor Arenson 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Each creature you control that's enchanted gets +1/+1 and has "W: This creature gets +0/+1 until end of turn."
4U: Copy target enchantment spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
"If ever the power divine flows in me, let it be in the service of Kjeldor and the blessed name of Kjeld."
2/1

IIW: A card you think the poster above you would like

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 10 months ago

MH3 legends first draft
Show
Hide
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
10 months ago
Altonio the Aquarist
1{W}{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue (R)
Whenever a creature you control connives, create a 1/1 blue Fish creature token with "This creature can't be blocked."
When Altonio the Aquarist dies, you may exile it. If you do, create two 1/1 blue Fish creature tokens with "This creature can't be blocked."
1/2
Altonio's fondness for rare fish proved to be his undoing.

Iname as One rulings means this works perfectly fine as a commander.

IIW: Salamander
Starting off with the fish guy from New Capenna. You'd think the Maestros would be the ones with the fancy fish front, but here we are. Fun little card. I wonder if you can replace the W or B with 2 to lower this to uncommon, but it might be a bit much.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
10 months ago
If you search "—" in flavor text on Scryfall, you will come closest to getting the best results.

Fire Servant, Water Servant, Air Servant, Earth Servant

Jestus Dreya, Scholar of Elements 2U
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (R)
When Jestus Dreya or a nontoken Elemental creature enters the battlefield, write. (Put a page counter on a Codex you control. If you don't control one, create a colorless artifact Codex token first.)
If you control a Codex with a page counter, the first instant, sorcery, or Elemental spell you cast each turn costs 1 less to cast.
If you control a Codex with three or more page counters, you may cast sorcery and Elemental spells as though they had flash.
1/3

Akoum Boulderfoot, Herald of Kozilek, Jagwasp Swarm, Primal Bellow, Valakut Fireboar, Vastwood Gorger
Chadir, the Navigator 1G
Legendary Creature- Human Scout Ally (U)
Landfall— When a land enters the battlefield under your control, write. (Put a page counter on a Codex you control. If you don't control one, create a colorless artifact Codex token first.)
1, Remove a page counter from a Codex you control: Chadir the Navigator and up to one target creature get +1/+1 and gain ward 1 until end of turn. Untap those creatures.
2/2

IIW: Good creatures with bad stats for the cost.
A scholar of the elements, and a scholar of the wilds. Jestus feels like a cleaner adaptation of write flavor-wise, what with the book an all, but I'm guessing Chadir's codex is more of a "how to keep yet another expedition alive" notebook.
chetoos wrote:
10 months ago
Garl, Stitcher's assistant 2U
Legendary Creature - Human wizard
, mill a card: Add U. Spend this mana only to cast instant or sorcery spells, or cast spells from your graveyard.
, , discard a card: Target player mills 2 cards. Draw a card.
Whenever you discard or mill a creature card, you may cast that card by sacrificing a creature in addition to paying its other costs. That creature enters the battlefield as a blue zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
"Ludevic was too demanding, Geralf didn't even know I was there half the time. I swear, if Barton doesn't work out, I'm gonna go off on my own."
1/3

IIW: More desparked walkers.
Garl 1, the stitcher's assistant. First two abilities work out great, while the last one makes me wonder why Garl has to go to Barton if he can strike out on his own already. Fun self-mill support and reward.
Cythare wrote:
10 months ago
Garl, Drake Trainer 1WU
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (R)
Whenever you cast a creature spell without flying, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.
"The trick is to bond them when young. Well, when the drake is young, that is. If the rider is young, they'll probably just get eaten."
2/2

IIW: Hellions
TIL Garl 2 existed. I like the flavor, but it does seem weird to make a flyer-free deck in blue.
10 months ago
Stumphobbler Thuj & Toothlicker Harj

Legendary Creature - Orc Warrior (M)
Haste
{T}: Stumphobbler Thuj & Toothlicker Harj deals 3 damage to any target and 2 damage to any target other than an opponent chosen at random.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, untap Stumphobbler Thuj & Toothlicker Harj and amass Orcs 2.
4/5
"FIRE AT THUJ/HARJ!!"

IIW: Salamander
Seeing these two on one card would be a hoot. Not sure if it'll survive long enough for that amass Orcs to get scary, but it fits the orcish flavor. Good call on adding black for even more Orc support. Can't believe we didn't get these two for March at the Machine lol
Megiddo wrote:
10 months ago
Swampwalk
2/2

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'll spare you further jokes. here's a bonus:

William Shakespeare, the Bard 3GWU
Legendary Creature — Human Bard {M}
Hexproof
Each non-Saga Enchantment you control is a Saga with:
I: You gain 2 life.
II: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
III: Draw a card.
3/4
IIW: walk off
RIP Snod. Sneed's doomed to kep getting his team killed forever. As-is, he doesn't feel rare, but I get why he is.
Ulka wrote:
10 months ago
Abrado, Custodi Priest 2WB
Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor
Flying
As long as Abardo, Custodi Priest has a +1/+1 counter on it, it has persist.
Undying
2/2

IIW: Cards for the next Conspiracy set
Self-perpetuating undying/persist combo? Huh. Surprised with the lack of a monarch reference, but I guess it's not that important to the character.
Cythare wrote:
10 months ago
Flugg, Goblin Spelunker 1R
Legendary Creature — Goblin Scout (U)
Skulk
Whenever Flugg, Goblin Spelunker enters the battlefield or attacks, amass Insects 1.
When you control an Insect with power 3 or greater, sacrifice Flugg, Goblin Spelunker.
2/1

Oh, we got the dead goblin this time. Great uncommon legend, might work a lot in sacrifice strategies even if you're not throwing insects with oversized mandibles.
void_nothing wrote:
10 months ago
Higa, Slayer-Captain of Gatstaf 1GG
Legendary Creature - Human Ranger (R)
Noncombat damage is dealt to attacking and blocking creatures your opponents control as though its source had deathtouch.
2RW, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Higa. When you do, up to one target creature attacks or blocks this turn if able.
"A slayer who isn't always getting better is headed for the Blessed Sleep soon - if they're lucky."
3/4

IIW: Cards from all-new-card remakes of classic but outdated sets
Of all the cards here, I think Higa is the one that incentivizes working with her quoted cards the most. Must be why she doesn't have reach despite having a crossbow.
void_nothing wrote:
10 months ago
Halvor Arenson 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Each creature you control that's enchanted gets +1/+1 and has "W: This creature gets +0/+1 until end of turn."
4U: Copy target enchantment spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
"If ever the power divine flows in me, let it be in the service of Kjeldor and the blessed name of Kjeld."
2/1

IIW: A card you think the poster above you would like
And finally, the Kjeldoran quoted on a lot of Ice Age white Auras. Nice Aura support, between the enchanted buff and the copying.
Winner
Show
Hide
HM: void_nothing for Halvor Arenson
Winner: Sporegorger_Dragon for Stumphobbler Thuj & Toothlicker Harj

Next: Salamander

Megiddo
MEG

Forking Newt 1{U/R}
Creature — Salamander {R}
Flash
When you sacrifice Forking Newt, copy target spell or ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/1

IIW: merging permanents
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Squallamander 1GU
Creature — Salamander (U)
Reach
When Squallamander enters the battlefield, return target creature with flying to its owner's hand.
3/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Ulka

Portrusimander
Creature - Salamander Mutant
Whenever a creature an opponent controls enters the battlefield, you may have Portrusimander fight it. At the end of the turn if that creature died,
Portrusimander may become a copy of that creature except it's name is still Portrusimander and it is a Salamander Mutant in addition to its other types.
3/4

IIW: Cards designed or the next conspiracy set

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 10 months ago

Sandamander 1RW
Creature — Salamander Elemental (U)
First strike
Whenever Sandamander attacks, if you control a Desert, other creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn.
3/3

Kessel, Salamander Farmer 1GU
Legendary Creature — Frog Citizen (U)
If you would create one or more Foods, instead create those Foods and a 2/2 green and blue Salamander creature token.
, , Sacrifice a Salamander: You draw a card and you gain 3 life.
"Nothin' like the bouquet of a bog full of fresh breakfast on the breeze to wake you up in the morning."
2/2

IIW: she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
Last edited by spacemonaut 10 months ago, edited 9 times in total.

Ulka

Shaleomander 1RB
Creature - Salamander Elemental (U)
Whenever Shaleomander crews a vehicle, if it has an oil counter on it, the vehicle gets +2/+2 and haste until the end of turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Shaleomander is in your graveyard with seven or more creature or land cards above it, you may put Shaleomander onto the battlefield with on oil counter on it.
2/2

IIW: Oil Counters and Vehicles

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 10 months ago

Amphin Conqueror 3UU
Creature- Salamander Warrior (R)
When Amphin Conqueror enters the battlefield, if you cast it, gain control of target artifact, enchantment, nonbasic land, or battle.
"All may already be lost to the amphin. When they reveal themselves, it will be too late." -- Gor Muldrak, Cryptohistories
2/5

IIW: Adventure

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Bogsifter 1{B/G}{B/G}
When Bogsifter enters the battlefield, you may exile a card from a graveyard with mana value 3 or less. That card's owner gains 3 life. You may play that card until the end of your next turn.
, Exile Bogsifter from your graveyard: Create a Food token.
2/2

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 10 months ago

Let's go!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
10 months ago
Forking Newt 1{U/R}
Creature — Salamander {R}
Flash
When you sacrifice Forking Newt, copy target spell or ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/1

IIW: merging permanents
I was expecting someone to make an ur salamander that was a combination of the mythical and the real-life salamander. This one, however, unexpectedly is not an Elemental but clearly something that acts as a catalyst for other spells. Eye of newt indeed.

I note that this can copy any spell, not just the expected instant or sorcery, as well as planeswalker ultimates. I also note that surprisingly this thing has no way to sacrifice itself, needing another ability to do so. Probably offsets the power of copying any spell. Will need playtesting to check its power.

Thankfully, a spell with casualty suffices as both outlet and target.
Cythare wrote:
10 months ago
Squallamander 1GU
Reach
When Squallamander enters the battlefield, return target creature with flying to its owner's hand.
3/3

Interesting bit of flying hate, seems reasonable for the cost and the narrowness of the ability.

Seems like a nice Limited card, a specialized Man-o-War.
Ulka wrote:
10 months ago
Portrusimander
Creature - Salamander Mutant
Whenever a creature an opponent controls enters the battlefield, you may have Portrusimander fight it. At the end of the turn if that creature died,
Portrusimander may become a copy of that creature except it's name is still Portrusimander and it is a Salamander Mutant in addition to its other types.
3/4

IIW: Cards designed or the next conspiracy set
I'm not sure if this is a reference to something.

Seems powerful thanks to the "may" clause, make it difficult to play around. Good that it can only do this once before the copy ability overwrites it.

Seems fine as a rare at that cost.
spacemonaut wrote:
10 months ago
Sandamander 1RW
Creature — Salamander Elemental (U)
First strike
Whenever Sandamander attacks, if you control a Desert, other creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn.
3/3

Kessel, Salamander Farmer 1GU
Legendary Creature — Frog Citizen (U)
If you would create one or more Foods, instead create those Foods and a 2/2 green and blue Salamander creature token.
, , Sacrifice a Salamander: You draw a card and you gain 3 life.
"Nothin' like the bouquet of a bog full of fresh breakfast on the breeze to wake you up in the morning."
2/2

Here we go, the first Elemental Salamander. However, surprise! It's sand-aligned instead of fire-type. Seems a bit strong, you only need a single Desert to get going.

Interesting Salamander-eating frog, power-level seems fine, nice bridge between Food and Salamander typal. Blue gets awkward with Food, so this is a nice creature for that.
Ulka wrote:
10 months ago
Shaleomander 1RB
Creature - Salamander Elemental (U)
Whenever Shaleomander crews a vehicle, if it has an oil counter on it, the vehicle gets +2/+2 and haste until the end of turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Shaleomander is in your graveyard with seven or more creature or land cards above it, you may put Shaleomander onto the battlefield with on oil counter on it.
2/2

IIW: Oil Counters and Vehicles
Another Elemental, this presumably based on oil shale, interpreting oil counters as dead fossil animals rather than Phyrexia juice. Is this thing like squeezing itself to juice out that precious petroleum to refine into gasoline to fuel the Vehicle?

Current design doesn't do "graveyard order" matters anymore for obvious reasons, and I'm inclined to agree. I do appreciate the flavor and callback.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
10 months ago
Amphin Conqueror 3UU
Creature- Salamander Warrior (R)
When Amphin Conqueror enters the battlefield, if you cast it, gain control of target artifact, enchantment, nonbasic land, or battle.
"All may already be lost to the amphin. When they reveal themselves, it will be too late." -- Gor Muldrak, Cryptohistories
2/5

IIW: Adventure
I actually expected more Amphin. Interesting cast trigger, very novel taking control of a battle, and very flavorful when you think about it.

I might just remove nonbasic land, since it hits too close to land denial and that control effect doesn't end when the amphin leaves play. Otherwise bouncing this repeatedly might get out of hand.
spacemonaut wrote:
10 months ago
Bogsifter
When Bogsifter enters the battlefield, you may exile a card from a graveyard with mana value 3 or less. You may play that card until the end of your next turn.
, Exile Bogsifter from your graveyard: Create a Food token.
2/2

That's a nifty little effect, powerful too. Can nab a fetchland for example or any cheap utility spell. Balanced by not having the clause to spend mana as though it is of any color and type. Might need playtesting a bit.

Interesting little effect bleed from red. You edited this to make it hybrid, but I think I would actually prefer it as monoblack. If it is to be hybrid, I'd think it'd be better to be restricted to your own graveyard.

Results:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Third: Mergatroid_Jones for Amphin Conqueror
Second: Ulka for Portrus/Shaleomander

WINNER:
spacemonaut

Next:
she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

2023-07-28_18-47-28_firefox.png

Ulka

10 months ago

I'm not sure if this is a reference to something.

Seems powerful thanks to the "may" clause, make it difficult to play around. Good that it can only do this once before the copy ability overwrites it.
Portrusimander = Protrusion and Salamander

TIME FOR NATURE FACTS!!!

This is a reference to a common reptile and amphibian behavior in which they eat something too large for thier body which ruptures thier stomach and leads to a prey item displaying outside thier body. It can be seen below on a Skink in Minnesota.
Skink with a prey item protrusion
Show
Hide
This is often confused with genetic mutations thought to be caused by pollution, inbreeding or parasites which are also much more common in amphibians which often can lead to multiple heads, multiple limbs ect.
5 legged salamander
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Cringer, Fearless Friend 1R
Legendary Creature — Cat Coward (R)
Skulk
Cowards can't block Warriors.
When you gain the Power of Grayskull, transform Cringer, Fearless Friend. (You have the Power of Grayskull as long as you control three or more legendary creatures and at least one legendary artifact.)
2/2
//
Battle Cat, Mighty Steed
Legendary Creature — Cat Warrior (R)
Menace
Cowards can't block Warriors.
Whenever this creature transforms into Battle Cat, Mighty Steed, up to one other target creature you control becomes a Warrior and up to one other target creature you don't control becomes a Coward until it transforms into Cringer, Fearless Friend.
When you lose the Power of Grayskull, transform Battle Cat.
4/4

IIW: DFC Universes Beyond

Not sure if that's the right number of things to require for the Power of Grayskull, but I want it to be a status that's reasonable to reach for but also reasonable for your opponent to be able to interact with.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

the only he-man character I know is orko
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

alternate challenge: LASER FANTASY

it's fantasy with lasers in it

cyber wolves with laser tails, knights with ray guns, skeletons with electric gauntlets, that kind of thing

(he-man and she-ra are laser fantasy stories)
Last edited by spacemonaut 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 10 months ago

for the honor of grayskull! 2WW
Instant
Choose target creature you control. That creature gets +2/+2 and gains first strike, lifelink and "other creatures you control get +0/+1" until end of turn. You may transform that creature.
Adora shouted the words and transformed into the mighty She-Ra, ready to defend Etheria

(If this set has the power of grayskull mechanic listed above, instead of transforming the creature, the last line is "you gain the power of grayskull until end of turn".)

Hey, Adora! 2r
Instant
Goad target creature. When that creature attacks this turn, you may discard a card. When you do, create a clue token and a treasure token.
Catra's plans rarely evolved past "show up, flirt violently with my crush, and maybe get what Hordak wants."

IIW: More unsparked walkers.
Last edited by chetoos 10 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

Ulka

Evilseed, Vine of Malice 2BBGG
Legendary Creature - Plant Druid
Other Plant creatures you control have deathtouch.
Whenever Evilseed enters the battlefield or attacks, create two 1/1 green Plant creature tokens.
Tap two untapped plants you control: Draw a card and you lose 2 life.
3/4

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 10 months ago

I have come to realize over the years that I'm actually a pretty big He-Man fan. I wouldn't have thought the blonde muscle-man would be my guy, but there's something appealing about the absolute wholesomeness in a space-barbarian setting. And the Netflix She-Ra show was fabulous, so I'll use that.

Catra, Hand of Hordak 4R
Legendary Creature- Cat Rogue Warrior (R)
Flash, First strike
You may return Catra to her owner's hand as she attacks. If you do, put another creature card from you hand with power less than or equal to Catra's power onto the battlefield tapped and attacking
5/3

Glimmer of Brightmoon 1W
Legendary Creature- Angel Noble (U)
When Glimmer enters the battlefield, gain 1 life.
2W: Exile Glimmer and up to one target creature. Return them to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
1/4
More
Show
Hide
It looks like I have some extra time, so time for the Mergatroid special: editing in a bunch of extra cards that overwhelm the judge.

Trap-Jaw, Walking Arsenal 3R
Legendary Artifact Creature- Cyborg Warrior Minion (U)
Iron Jaws-- When Trap-Jaw enters the battlefield, destroy up to one target artifact.
Arm Cannon-- When Trap Jaw attacks, he deals 2 damage to target player or planeswalker.
1/5

Evil-Lyn, Master of Evil 1BB
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior Wizard (R)
When Evil-Lyn enters the battlefield, look at target opponent's hand. You may choose a nonland card from it and exile that card.
When Evil-Lyn deals combat damage to a player, you may cast the exiled card without paying its mana cost. If you do, put it into its owner's graveyard.
1/3

Teela, Captain of the Guard W
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior (U)
Teela gets +0/+1 if you control another Warrior.
Teela gets +0/+1 if you control a Wizard.
2/1

Beast-Man, Savage Henchman 5G
Legendary Creature- Beast Warrior Minion (U)
Haste
When Beast-Man enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 Beast creature token with trample
3/3

Lookee, Hidden Friend UG
Legendary Creature- Beast (R)
You can't cast Lookee
When Lookee enters the battlefield, draw 3 cards, and shuffle him into your library.

Edit to the edit: Looks like I got my edit in too late anyway, which is just as well.
IIW: One word card names
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 10 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

judging in a few hours judging now

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”