Nightmare shepherd edh

Supersprite
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Supersprite » 4 years ago

Hi what happens when i use nightmare shepherd on my commander? can i exile my commander to the command zone? And i wander if i can abuse its ability with xiahou dun, the one eyed as commander does it double the effect and do i end up with a xiahou in the command zone?

If anyone knows thanks

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 4 years ago
Yes, Nightmare Shepherd works pretty well with Commanders. Let's take your example of Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed:

Xiahou is destroyed or sacrificed. You decide to let him go to the graveyard. This triggers Nightmare Shepherd. That trigger resolves, and you exile Xiahou and create a 1/1 token copy of him. Instead of letting him go to the Exile Zone, you put him into the Command Zone.

Now, you have a token Xiahou on the field and your commander in the Command Zone, waiting to be cast again.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 131

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Yes, Nightmare Shepherd works pretty well with Commanders. Let's take your example of Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed:

Xiahou is destroyed or sacrificed. You decide to let him go to the graveyard. This triggers Nightmare Shepherd. That trigger resolves, and you exile Xiahou and create a 1/1 token copy of him. Instead of letting him go to the Exile Zone, you put him into the Command Zone.

Now, you have a token Xiahou on the field and your commander in the Command Zone, waiting to be cast again.

FetalTadpole

Post by FetalTadpole » 4 years ago

Note that the token is not your Commander, so it can't for example deal Commander combat damage. Commanderness is a property of the physical card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”