NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Super Duper Secret Tech 4
Artifact (R)
Serialized cards you cast cost 2 less to cast.
Serialized creatures you control get +2/+2.

IIW: Colorstorm (For each color spent to cast this spell beyond the first, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

Contracted Demon 1B
Creature - Demon (U)
Trample
Remove Contracted Demon from your deck before playing if you're not playing for ante.
When Contracted Demon deals combat damage to an opponent, each player antes the top card of their library.
3/3

IIW: Design an Ante card to be used in a cube environment where the anted cards go into the winning players draft pile
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 11 months ago

ok, I JUST had the little click + drag "make the text box bigger" thing but it disappeared. How do I make that show up permanently??
Juancu wrote:
11 months ago
Harried Fence 2U
Creature - Human Fence (C)
T, Pursuit 3: Draw a card (To pursuit 3, tap creatures you control that entered the battlefield this turn with total power 3 or greater.)
2/3

IIW: unions
I will not lie: I wish this only let you tap one creature. Partially because if you're putting multiple creatures into play on the same turn you are probably doing fine and don't need to get additional benefit. But it's mostly just cleaner to say "tap a creature that entered the battlefield under your control this turn with power 3 or greater" I think. I think on balance this ability is probably harder to use than it looks.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Reckoning 5RR
Sorcery (R)
All lands and artifacts in play are destroyed.

Faulty Summoning U
Interrupt (C)
Counters a summon spell as it is being cast. Instead its controller summons this as a creature.
They weren't sure what it was, but it clearly wasn't a dragon.
1/2

IIW: Alternate history: Planeswalkers and battles were added to the game back in 1999 (Urza block and Mercadian Masques era)
I'm sorry but I simply cannot judge all of those tonight. I'll look at the two you left above the spoiler. Big price premium from Armageddon up to Reckoning here, though I think it makes sense (especially considering how it prevents one from surviving with mana rocks!). Good. I actually like Faulty Summoning. It feels like the kind of "we are making the rules up on a card by card basis" that Alpha was full of. I'm not up on the rules and such from 1993 but as long as I can think of, nonpermanents can't exist on the battlefield. My question is essentially whether the 1993 design team would have had that issue and changed this (tokens did exist in alpha, after all) or gone with it because of the rule of cool. I don't know!
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
11 months ago
Wandering Doctor
2{W}
Creature - Kor (C)
When Wandering Doctor enters the battlefield, at the beginning of next turn's upkeep you draw a card and you gain 1 life.
1/3

Beginner's Skaab
1{U}
Creature - Zombie (C)
At the beginning of your upkeep, tap Beginner's Skaab unless you pay {U}.
2/2

Odious Familiar
{B}
Creature - Rat (C)
Whenever Odious Familiar is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to you.
2/1

Sandswimmer Skink
2{R}
Creature - Lizard (C)
Desertwalk
2/2

Luna Mothsprite
2{G}
Creature - Faerie (C)
Flying, vigilance
1/2

IIW: Take an infamously powerful creature and make it Limited chaff
Based on your preamble (which I trimmed for space, as always, but I do read everything you guys post when I judge!), I am thinking that you wanted these to be boring. If so, you succeeded. I have nothing material to say about any of this. Good job, execs!
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Super Duper Secret Tech 4
Artifact (R)
Serialized cards you cast cost 2 less to cast.
Serialized creatures you control get +2/+2.

IIW: Colorstorm (For each color spent to cast this spell beyond the first, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Super Secret Tech kind of blew my mind back in the day. Remember when stuff like that was the domain of un-sets? Secret cards with special treatments? Anyway, this is funny. I'd hope that this is itself a serialized card. It would be fun if only 500 of them existed. .... Oof, ok, the execs are starting to get into my head. I have to move on now.
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Contracted Demon 1B
Creature - Demon (U)
Trample
Remove Contracted Demon from your deck before playing if you're not playing for ante.
When Contracted Demon deals combat damage to an opponent, each player antes the top card of their library.
3/3

IIW: Design an Ante card to be used in a cube environment where the anted cards go into the winning players draft pile
Confession: When I made my IIW I forgot that the words "limited edition" have a *very* specific meaning to Magic players (that being Limited Editions Alpha and Beta, obviously). I wasn't expecting to look at an ante card today. But, here we are. Given that this is a completely playable card and not some abomination that takes five minutes to read just to figure out that it does nothing, I have to disqualify this card. Good IIW though.

Winner: Mergatroid_Jones
Next: Alternate history: Planeswalkers and battles were added to the game back in 1999 (Urza block and Mercadian Masques era)
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 11 months ago

Alt challenge (since this one's a bit odd):

Big red stuff

Megiddo
MEG

Bark-Logger 2RR
Creature - Beast {R}
R, Exile the top ten cards of your library: Add R for each Forest card exiled this way.
3/3

IIW: Turbofog
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

To stop this from becoming another default victory, I'll toss in an entry
Inferno Dragon 5RR
Art: a dragon made of fire, breathing white hot flames across the sky
Creature - Elemental Dragon
Flying
If another source you control would deal noncombat damage to a creature or player, that source deals that much damage plus 2 instead.
Whenever Inferno Dragon enters the battlefield or attacks, (Insert inferno titan attack/etb trigger here)
5/5

IIW: More desparked walkers.

Megiddo
MEG

I was also going to do that except I guess it would still be a default victory.

Jeska, Ascended WUBRG
Planeswalker - Jeska {R}
[+2]: Creatures of the creature type of your choice get +3/+3 until end of turn.
[-3]: Until your next turn, whenever a creature deals combat damage to Jeska, Ascended or to you, destroy that creature.
[-10]: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black and from red."
{5}

(this would replace Karona, False God's slot in Scourge, hence the color identity. Rare because we didn't have mythics yet. No "legendary" because it took them *ten years* to do that IRL. So we still have the "planeswalker rule" a short 4 years after the card type was introduced in this alternate history. We assume everything else is the same. I am using current Oracle wording though for sanity.)

IIW: Turbofrog
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Synaptic Smelter 1RR
Creature — Viashino Artificer (R)
Players may exert permanents as they are tapped for mana.
Whenever a permanent is exerted for mana, its controller adds one mana of any type it produced.
2/2

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

Crimson Gorelord 6RR
Creature - Minotaur Berserker (R)
Trample
When Crimson Gorelord enters the battlefield, if you cast it, it deals damage to each of any number of targets equal to twice the number of Minotaurs you control. (For example, if you control two Minotaurs, you may target two players, four creatures, and a battle, and Crimson Gorelord will deal 4 damage to each.)
8/4

IIW: Innovative stuff with Blood tokens
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Living Batholith
Land Creature - Elemental Mountain
Living Batholith's power and toughness are equal to the number of Mountains you control.
*/*

Breccia Dawn 3RR
Instant
Draw 2 cards then discard two cards then Breccia Dawn deals damage equal to the number of mountains in all graveyards to each creature, planeswalker, and battle.
Flashback 5RRRR

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 11 months ago

Judgments
Show
Hide
I knew I shouldn't post a weird IIW like retro-history planeswalkers, but in my defense I didn't think I would win after spamming so many cards last time.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Bark-Logger 2RR
Creature - Beast {R}
R, Exile the top ten cards of your library: Add R for each Forest card exiled this way.
3/3

IIW: Turbofog
Arc-Slogger + Orcish Lumberjack? Sure, let's do it!
chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
To stop this from becoming another default victory, I'll toss in an entry
Inferno Dragon 5RR
Art: a dragon made of fire, breathing white hot flames across the sky
Creature - Elemental Dragon
Flying
If another source you control would deal noncombat damage to a creature or player, that source deals that much damage plus 2 instead.
Whenever Inferno Dragon enters the battlefield or attacks, (Insert inferno titan attack/etb trigger here)
5/5

I think I'd prefer if it didn't just have the straight up Inferno Titan triggers. Makes it just Inferno Titan but a dragon. I appreciate the static ability though.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
I was also going to do that except I guess it would still be a default victory.

Jeska, Ascended WUBRG
Planeswalker - Jeska {R}
[+2]: Creatures of the creature type of your choice get +3/+3 until end of turn.
[-3]: Until your next turn, whenever a creature deals combat damage to Jeska, Ascended or to you, destroy that creature.
[-10]: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black and from red."
{5}

IIW: Turbofrog
I'm glad somebody tried the weird planeswalker thing. the power level feels pretty on point for the era, though it's certainly stronger than Karona. It would mostly just be used in the tribal Overrun mode.
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Synaptic Smelter 1RR
Creature — Viashino Artificer (R)
Players may exert permanents as they are tapped for mana.
Whenever a permanent is exerted for mana, its controller adds one mana of any type it produced.
2/2

All players, eh? NiceMana Flare vibes there. But exerting makes it a very real cost. Seems fun.
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
Crimson Gorelord 6RR
Creature - Minotaur Berserker (R)
Trample
When Crimson Gorelord enters the battlefield, if you cast it, it deals damage to each of any number of targets equal to twice the number of Minotaurs you control. (For example, if you control two Minotaurs, you may target two players, four creatures, and a battle, and Crimson Gorelord will deal 4 damage to each.)
8/4

IIW: Innovative stuff with Blood tokens
While I got it without the reminder text, I'm never against clarifying that sort of thing. Minotaur has become a sort of "let's try something weird and powerful" tribe. The tribe's super limited and barely supported, but then there are things like Didgeridoo and Deathbellow War Cry. But you have to cast this for the effect, so it's not even bonkers with those.

I like how weirdly super-powered, and yet weirdly bad this is.
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Living Batholith
Land Creature - Elemental Mountain
Living Batholith's power and toughness are equal to the number of Mountains you control.
*/*

Breccia Dawn 3RR
Instant
Draw 2 cards then discard two cards then Breccia Dawn deals damage equal to the number of mountains in all graveyards to each creature, planeswalker, and battle.
Flashback 5RRRR

(googles batholith)

So it isn't a basilisk with a basilisp. Also, this card's kinda nuts. I don't like that it's fetchable, and I think it shouldn't be a mountain at all. Yes, that means it auto-dies if you have no other mountains, but I'm fine with that since it's free. I don't think it's overpowered, since it dies to everything and loses you a land when it does. But still a little over the top for a land creature.

Breccia Dawn:
Faithless Looting is a wrath now?!
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: void nothing for a huge and silly 8/4.
HM: Cythare

Next: Innovative stuff with Blood tokens

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

Blood Golem 2r
Artifact creature - blood golem
Blood golem's power and toughness are each equal to the number of blood you control.
ward discard a card
Whenever another creature dies, you may pay and discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever you discard a card, blood golem gains all activated abilities of that card until end of turn.
*/*

Iiw: more desparked walkers

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 11 months ago

Bloodletter Poet
2{B}
Creature - Vampire (U)
When Bloodletter Poet enters the battlefield, create a Blood token. If an opponent lost life this turn, create two Blood tokens instead.
1, Sacrifice two Blood tokens: Target player draws a card and loses 1 life.
3/2

Water with Blood
2{B}{B}
Enchantment (U)
Blood tokens you control are Swamp lands in addition to their other types.
{B}{B}, Discard Water with Blood: Create a Blood token.
Not all of the mire in Takenuma is water.

Bloodfire Sorcerer
3{R}{R}
Creature - Efreet Shaman (U)
When Bloodfire Sorcerer enters the battlefield, create a Blood token. Bloodfire Sorcerer deals X damage to target battle, creature, or planeswalker, where X is twice the number of Blood tokens you control.
4/3
He has mastered the ability to catalyze the oxidation of iron in blood into a conflagration.

Blood Regurgitator
[Vampire Vampire Bat]
2{B}
Creature - Vampire Bat (C)
Flying
Whenever Blood Regurgitator deals combat damage to a player, create a Blood token.
Sacrifice a Blood token: Blood Regurgitator gains lifelink until end of turn.
2/1
Vampire bats are very social and cooperative. A well-fed bat will regurgitate excess blood to feed a less fortunate forager, who will in turn return the favor one day.

Vampire Bats are already a thing, sooo...

Also, I can definitely see this naming technology used when transferring cards from Unsets and Universes Beyond into regular MtG as well.

Scum Leech
1{B}
Creature - Leech (C)
T, Sacrifice a Blood Token: You gain 2 life.
2/1

IIW: Explain glaring MtG plotholes with a card
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Sanctifying Vampire 1W
Creature — Vampire Cleric (U)
Whenever Sanctifying Vampire enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a Blood token.
W, Sacrifice two Bloods: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
"Let the blood of the pure wash away the stain of the unworthy."
3/1

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 11 months ago

Grisly Splatter 3BR
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target creature. Create X Blood tokens, where X is its toughness. (They're artifacts with ", , Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

Sanguine Accountant 1BR
Creature — Human Advisor (U)
, Tap another untapped creature you control: Create a Blood token. (It's an artifact with ", , Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
, Sacrifice X Blood tokens: Add X mana in any combination of and/or .

IIW: she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
Last edited by spacemonaut 11 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Judging tomorrow morning.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Ace Detective 1WU
Creature — Human Detective {U}
Sacrifice a Blood: Investigate.
Sacrifice three Clues: Put target creature into its owner's library third from the top.
2/2

IIW: big cats
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Angel's Blood 2
Artifact — Blood (C)
When you sacrifice Angel's Blood, draw a card.
1, T, Sacrifice Angel's Blood: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1, T, Discard a card, Sacrifice Angel's Blood: Draw a card.

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Ulka

Tainted Blood 2B
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you create a blood, remove a poison counter from target player.
Whenever a player sacrifices a blood, that player gets a poison counter.
Pay 2 life: Create a blood token. Activate this ability only once per turn. (It's an artifact with "t, Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber
{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (U)
Partner with Mrs Suet, Pie Lady
1, Sacrifice another creature: Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber gains lifelink and indestructible until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, you gain 1 life and create a Blood token.
2/2
You can't get a closer shave than at Mr. Geoff.

Mrs Suet, Pie Lady
{B}{G}
Legendary Creature - Human Peasant (U)
Partner with Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber
Each Blood token you control is also a Food in addition to its other types and has "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
1, Sacrifice a nontoken creature: Create a Blood token.
2/2
Mrs. Suet's black pudding pie is to die for.

IIW: Glaring MtG plotholes explained by a card.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
Blood Golem 2r
Artifact creature - blood golem
Blood golem's power and toughness are each equal to the number of blood you control.
ward discard a card
Whenever another creature dies, you may pay and discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever you discard a card, blood golem gains all activated abilities of that card until end of turn.
*/*

Iiw: more desparked walkers
This is definitely the most innovative of these cards! I guess it's a little odd this doesn't have the "actual" Blood ability but the death trigger is close enough to it. I guess you could abuse that last triggered ability, but that's part of the fun, and you'd have to get creative with it.
11 months ago
Bloodletter Poet
2{B}
Creature - Vampire (U)
When Bloodletter Poet enters the battlefield, create a Blood token. If an opponent lost life this turn, create two Blood tokens instead.
1, Sacrifice two Blood tokens: Target player draws a card and loses 1 life.
3/2

Water with Blood
2{B}{B}
Enchantment (U)
Blood tokens you control are Swamp lands in addition to their other types.
{B}{B}, Discard Water with Blood: Create a Blood token.
Not all of the mire in Takenuma is water.

Bloodfire Sorcerer
3{R}{R}
Creature - Efreet Shaman (U)
When Bloodfire Sorcerer enters the battlefield, create a Blood token. Bloodfire Sorcerer deals X damage to target battle, creature, or planeswalker, where X is twice the number of Blood tokens you control.
4/3
He has mastered the ability to catalyze the oxidation of iron in blood into a conflagration.

Blood Regurgitator
[Vampire Vampire Bat]
2{B}
Creature - Vampire Bat (C)
Flying
Whenever Blood Regurgitator deals combat damage to a player, create a Blood token.
Sacrifice a Blood token: Blood Regurgitator gains lifelink until end of turn.
2/1
Vampire bats are very social and cooperative. A well-fed bat will regurgitate excess blood to feed a less fortunate forager, who will in turn return the favor one day.

Vampire Bats are already a thing, sooo...

Also, I can definitely see this naming technology used when transferring cards from Unsets and Universes Beyond into regular MtG as well.

Scum Leech
1{B}
Creature - Leech (C)
T, Sacrifice a Blood Token: You gain 2 life.
2/1

IIW: Explain glaring MtG plotholes with a card
Bloodletter Poet feels like a Crimson Vow card. Water with Blood is really interesting, what with the type adding a la Life and Limb! Bloodfire Sorcerer feels like it needs an "up to one" clause in there. Is Blood Regurgitator supposed to be a video game reference, with the alternate name? Scum Leech is fine, cute useful common. Apart from Water with Blood, though, nothing piques my interest here.
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Sanctifying Vampire 1W
Creature — Vampire Cleric (U)
Whenever Sanctifying Vampire enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a Blood token.
W, Sacrifice two Bloods: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
"Let the blood of the pure wash away the stain of the unworthy."
3/1

I really like white Innistrad Vampires and this feels about on point. Might be a little pushed for its level of utility combined with being a 3/1 for 1W, but this does make and use Blood tokens in a monowhite-feeling way and the flavor ties it together. I might move this up to rare, but otherwise, great!
spacemonaut wrote:
11 months ago
Grisly Splatter 3BR
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target creature. Create X Blood tokens, where X is its toughness. (They're artifacts with ", , Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

Sanguine Accountant 1BR
Creature — Human Advisor (U)
, Tap another untapped creature you control: Create a Blood token. (It's an artifact with ", , Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
, Sacrifice X Blood tokens: Add X mana in any combination of and/or .

IIW: she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
Grisly Splatter is flavorful for sure. Great common removal. Sanguine Accountant is missing p/t and arguably maybe feels more RG than BR?
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Ace Detective 1WU
Creature — Human Detective {U}
Sacrifice a Blood: Investigate.
Sacrifice three Clues: Put target creature into its owner's library third from the top.
2/2

IIW: big cats
Ooh, the flavor of that first ability! I definitely like being able to exchange out Bloods for Clues, and the tuck ability is pretty cool as well, but does Detective need to be a creaure type?
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Angel's Blood 2
Artifact — Blood (C)
When you sacrifice Angel's Blood, draw a card.
1, T, Sacrifice Angel's Blood: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1, T, Discard a card, Sacrifice Angel's Blood: Draw a card.

Hey, that's what made the original Innistrad vampires! Nice! This is pretty good insofar as it self-replaces; I don't think it's too efficient for common in Limited, especially since it's either 3, Discard a card: Draw two cards or 3, Put a +1/+1 counter and draw a card.
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Tainted Blood 2B
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you create a blood, remove a poison counter from target player.
Whenever a player sacrifices a blood, that player gets a poison counter.
Pay 2 life: Create a blood token. Activate this ability only once per turn. (It's an artifact with "t, Discard a card, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
I'm really not sure what this is supposed to be doing - is it cheap card filtering with a drawback or is it a Blood hoser? Is it both? This is a small enough context that removing poison counters is OK I think. Still, not much of a drawback when the cure for said drawback is "continue to use the card."
11 months ago
Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber
{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (U)
Partner with Mrs Suet, Pie Lady
1, Sacrifice another creature: Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber gains lifelink and indestructible until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, you gain 1 life and create a Blood token.
2/2
You can't get a closer shave than at Mr. Geoff.

Mrs Suet, Pie Lady
{B}{G}
Legendary Creature - Human Peasant (U)
Partner with Mooney Geoff, Murderous Barber
Each Blood token you control is also a Food in addition to its other types and has "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
1, Sacrifice a nontoken creature: Create a Blood token.
2/2
Mrs. Suet's black pudding pie is to die for.

IIW: Glaring MtG plotholes explained by a card.
Yes, very droll. Mrs. Lovett Suet's Blood-into-Food ability is obviously super flavorful - I guess I don't see why Mrs. Suet can willingly cook herself but not tokens? It's also odd that they're not both Citizens; Peasants are pretty much a type that signifies "average person, but rural" and the setting of Sweeney Todd is 100% urban.

HMs: chetoos, Megiddo
Winner: @Cythare, for Sanctifying Vampire
Next Challenge: Colorstorm (For each color spent to cast this spell beyond the first, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
Is Blood Regurgitator supposed to be a video game reference, with the alternate name?
Oh no, it's just that Vampire Vampire Bat is too silly a name for a "real" set.
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
It's also odd that they're not both Citizens; Peasants are pretty much a type that signifies "average person, but rural" and the setting of Sweeney Todd is 100% urban.
I envisioned the Innistrad version of Benjamin Barker as being banished/exiled from a city to a more rural area, but I guess you're right.

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 10 months ago

Chromatic Surge 4G
Sorcery
Colorstorm
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample until end of turn. If this spell isn't a copy, it gets +5/+5 and gains trample and "This creature can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less" until end of turn instead.

Chromatic Mire 4B
Instant
Colorstorm
Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. If this spell isn't a copy, destroy that creature instead.

Chromatic Flare 4R
Sorcery
Colorstorm
Exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may cast that card, then this spell deals 1 damage to target creature. If this spell isn't a copy, it deals X damage to that creature instead, where X is the total mana value of cards exiled from the top of your library this turn.

Chromatic Plunge 4U
Sorcery
Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. If this spell isn't a copy, scry X where X is the number of stun counters on creatures, then draw a card.

Chromatic Renewal 4W
Instant
Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield. If this spell isn't a copy, it enters the battlefield with your choice of two counters from among the following types: Flying, first strike, lifelink, +1/+1, vigilance.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 10 months ago

Chromablast 2R
Sorcery (R)
Colorstorm (For each color spent to cast this spell beyond the first, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Converge — Chromablast deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of colors of mana spent to cast this spell.
Flashback 6R

IIW: Draft Matters Cards

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 10 months ago

Butterfly Rearing
2{G}
Sorcery (U)
Colorstorm
Create a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly.

Diverse Views
1{U}
Sorcery (U)
Kicker 2
Colorstorm
Surveil 1. Draw a card.

IIW: Glaring plotholes resolved by a card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”