NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 11 months ago

Prompt: "Larva of another creature" + "Exert"

Carnivorous Caterpillar
3{G}{G}
Creature - Insect (U)
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Carnivorous Caterpillar this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Carnivorous Caterpillar, then you may draw a card.
, T, Exert Carnivorous Caterpillar: Put a flying counter on Carnivorous Caterpillar. It's name is Giant Butterfly as long as it has a flying counter on it.
4/4

Prompt: "Red does that?" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Overtime
1{R}{R}
Sorcery (M)
Take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game unless you pay 5{R}{R}.

IIW: Pupa of something else
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 11 months ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Megiddo's Command
Choose Two:
Show
Hide
he-man and she-ra and the kingdom of grayskull
It ain't easy being a _____
characters compleated in March of the Machine
Salamander
White does that?
Unfiled, an office work themed unset.
Krakens, Leviathans, Octopodes, and Serpents that don't live in the water
don't make me think
Treefolk Hydra
*Artifacts with mana value 2
Red does that?
ghosts and/or tricks
*Exert
building blocks
Spooky ghosts and ghost stories (not necessarily as creatures)
*Larva of another creature

*: Victorious
(Sorry if I missed any, and feel free to correct me)
thanks for this.

I'll give it another evening; will judge tomorrow morning.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 11 months ago

Building Blocks + Artifacts w/ mana value 2.

Building Blocks 2
Artifact (U)
2,T: Transform Building Blocks. (It's still tapped.)
1, T: Scry 1.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////
Block Castle
Artifact Land
T: Add CC.
5, Tap an untapped creature you control with power 2 or greater. Transform Block Castle. Any player may activate this ability.
-------------------

He-Man + Red does that?

Orko, Court Magician R
Legendary Creature- Wizard (U)
Flying
When Orko enters the battlefield draw a card. Then pay 2 or discard a card at random.
2: Return Orko to his owner's hand.
0/2

-----------

White does that? + Don't make me think

Sweet Silence WW
Enchantment (R)
Instants in all zones are sorceries instead.
Cycling 3
Teyo smiled in absolute silence as the apocalypse closed around his lightshields.

-------------------

Unfiled, an office work themed unset + Krakens, Leviathans, Octopodes, and Serpents that don't live in the water

Octypist U
Creature- Octopus Employee (R)
When Octypist enters the battlefield, your hand becomes a program (an ordered row of revealed cards. As long as your hand is a program, anytime a card would be put into your hand, put it anywhere within your program).
Your maximum hand size is 8.
T: Add C. Use this mana only to cast a spell as the first card in your program. Then you may reorder your program.
1/1

IIW: That's not supposed to fly
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 11 months ago, edited 9 times in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

characters compleated in March of the Machine + artifacts with mana value 2

Eye of Rona UB
Legendary Artifact (U)
Flash
3, T: Mill X cards, where X is the number of artifacts and Phyrexians you control. Then you may put an artifact or Phyrexian card from your graveyard into your library second from the top.
6, T: Tap target creature. It gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of artifacts and Phyrexians you control.

IIW: Mirrored pairs of Gerrard's ___ and Volrath's ___
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Treefolk Hydra + White does that?

Radial Birchbeing 3WW
Creature - Treefolk Hydra (M)
Lifelink
Radial Birchbeing can block a number of creatures equal to the number of lands you control.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may search the zone you cast that spell from for an Aura or land card and put it onto the battlefield. If you searched your library this way, shuffle. If you put a land card onto the battlefield this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Radial Birchbeing.
4/4

IIW: Uncompleat a Phyrexian legend who never had a non-Phyrexian card
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

characters compleated in March of the Machine + Krakens, Leviathans, Octopodes, and Serpents that don't live in the water

Koma and Sarulf, Realm Killers 3BGGU
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Serpent Wolf (M)
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player discards a card at random.
Whenever a creature card is put into a graveyard from anywhere but the battlefield, exile that card. If you do, create a token that's a copy of it except it's a Phyrexian Goat.
Sacrifice a Goat: Choose one -
• Target creature has base power and toughness 1/1 until end of turn.
• Counter target spell or ability that targets Koma and Sarulf.
6/6

IIW: The food chain

Sporegorger_Dragon

Prompt: " Artifacts with mana value 2" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Hot Coffee
Artifact - Equipment (C)
Equipped creature has haste and has "{T}, Sacrifice Hot Coffee: Hot Coffee deals 2 damage to any target and 1 damage to the creature it was equipped to."
Equip 2

Prompt: "White does that?" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Doughnut Gofer
3{W}
Creature - Elephant Employee (U)
When Doughnut Gofer enters the battlefield, each player may create a Food token. Draw a card for each player that did so other than you.
All Foods have "1, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color. You gain 3 life."
1/5
"Okay, so who ordered the glazed plain?"

Art: An elephant employee coming back from a doughnut run, using his tusk and trunk to carry a colorful variety of glazed donuts.

IIW: Pupa of another creature

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 11 months ago

Unfiled ghost

The Stapplener 2W
Creature - Spirit
Whenever The Stapplener attacks, put a staple counter between two nontoken permanents. (If either becomes tapped, untapped, or leaves to a zone, the other follows.)
2/2

IIW: social media

Megiddo
MEG

Time 2 Judge
chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
Red does that? and Unfiled: an office work themed unset

Caffeinated Goblin 2R
Creature - Goblin Worker
Haste
Whenever Caffeinated goblin deals combat damage to a player, it deals 1 damage to that player for each card they own in exile.
"COMEONJERRY,YOURENEVERGOINGTOGETAPROMOTIONIFYOULETYOUREMAILSPILEUPLIKETHAT!"
3/2

Krakens et al that don't live in water and Unfiled: an office work themed unset:

Ink-Reservoir Kraken UU
Art: An Ink Reservoir, with lots of tentacles, all covered in ink, emerging from it. On the paper nearby, they seem to form some kind of shape, maybe similar to one of the characters in the set?
Creature - Kraken
Trample
At the beginning of each combat, if Ink-reservoir Kraken is untapped, any opponent may tap an untapped artifact they control. If they do, tap Ink-Reservoir Kraken and create a clue token
2/3

Copier Octopus 2wu
Art: An office copier, with 8 tentacles emerging from it. Someone is approaching the flailing tentacles with trepidation, brandishing a piece of paper to be copied.
Creature - Octopus
WU, : Populate
3WU, : Create a token that's a copy of target nonland permanent you control, except the copy isn't legendary. Activate only if you control 8 or more tokens.
3/3

IIW: Unfiled, an office work themed unset.
Having semi-recently ejected myself from office life I can't say I'm enthused about this flavor, but there's plenty of good jokes to be made. I don't know that these feel "un" enough to me actually! If we do this challenge I want to see more wackiness. That said, great flavor on these and good mix of the prompts all around.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
11 months ago
Prompt: "Larva of another creature" + "Exert"

Carnivorous Caterpillar 3{G}{G}
Creature - Insect (U)
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Carnivorous Caterpillar this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Carnivorous Caterpillar, then you may draw a card.
, T, Exert Carnivorous Caterpillar: Put a flying counter on Carnivorous Caterpillar. It's name is Giant Butterfly as long as it has a flying counter on it.
4/4

Prompt: "Red does that?" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Overtime 1{R}{R}
Sorcery (M)
Take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game unless you pay 5{R}{R}.

IIW: Pupa of something else
I like the name change technology you used for the Caterpillar. Is that a new thing? Predator Ooze aside, this ability is heavily associated with (and really only in pie for) black (Sengir Vampire). Overtime is OK. As with the previous post, doesn't feel like an un-set. Even the flavor could fit into a real set (relevant: Work a Double),
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Building Blocks + Artifacts w/ mana value 2.

Building Blocks 2
Artifact (U)
2,T: Transform Building Blocks. (It's still tapped.)
1, T: Scry 1.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////
Block Castle
Artifact Land
T: Add CC.
5, Tap an untapped creature you control with power 2 or greater. Transform Block Castle. Any player may activate this ability.

He-Man + Red does that?

Orko, Court Magician R
Legendary Creature- Wizard (U)
Flying
When Orko enters the battlefield draw a card. Then pay 2 or discard a card at random.
2: Return Orko to his owner's hand.
0/2

White does that? + Don't make me think

Sweet Silence 1W
Enchantment (R)
Instants in all zones are sorceries instead.
Cycling 3
Teyo smiled in absolute silence as the apocalypse closed around his lightshields.

Unfiled, an office work themed unset + Krakens, Leviathans, Octopodes, and Serpents that don't live in the water

Octypist U
Creature- Octopus (R)
When Octypist enters the battlefield, your hand becomes a program (an ordred row of revealed cards).
Your maximum hand size is 8.
T: Add C. Use this mana only to cast a spell as the first card in your program. Then you may reorder your program.
1/1

IIW: That's not supposed to fly
We really need a way to expand the size of the text input box on this website. Anyway, Building Blocks made me laugh. That's cute. I think it probably needs some knobs adjusted but it's what we might call "resonant." I'm not sure that red DOES do this! This is very melviny though. I kind of wish it were a full on Gamble effect if we're being honest, though that's definitely not happening. Put a colored mana symbol there instead of a 2 and this would be fun (reminiscent of those guys from Dissension even). I like Sweet Silence. Can it shut off Flash too? Octypist is our first "cannot be done in black border" card for the un-set, which is at least my personal preference for "funny" set challenges. I think this card is smart and has a lot of subtler pieces going on to make it functional. Good stuff.
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
characters compleated in March of the Machine + artifacts with mana value 2

Eye of Rona UB
Legendary Artifact (U)
Flash
3, T: Mill X cards, where X is the number of artifacts and Phyrexians you control. Then you may put an artifact or Phyrexian card from your graveyard into your library second from the top.
6, T: Tap target creature. It gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of artifacts and Phyrexians you control.

IIW: Mirrored pairs of Gerrard's ___ and Volrath's ___
Interesting stuff here with the recursion. Second from the top prevents some amount of true degeneracy here, though I'd still be concerned about repetitive gameplay. This also can machine gun creatures at some point (though if you have that much mana and enough permanents to do that, you were probably already winning).
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
Treefolk Hydra + White does that?

Radial Birchbeing 3WW
Creature - Treefolk Hydra (M)
Lifelink
Radial Birchbeing can block a number of creatures equal to the number of lands you control.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may search the zone you cast that spell from for an Aura or land card and put it onto the battlefield. If you searched your library this way, shuffle. If you put a land card onto the battlefield this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Radial Birchbeing.
4/4

IIW: Uncompleat a Phyrexian legend who never had a non-Phyrexian card
Wow, that's a whopper of a second ability. Incredible with a Future Sight effect. This would actually go incredibly well into my Auratog combo deck now that I think about it.
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
characters compleated in March of the Machine + Krakens, Leviathans, Octopodes, and Serpents that don't live in the water

Koma and Sarulf, Realm Killers 3BGGU
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Serpent Wolf (M)
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player discards a card at random.
Whenever a creature card is put into a graveyard from anywhere but the battlefield, exile that card. If you do, create a token that's a copy of it except it's a Phyrexian Goat.
Sacrifice a Goat: Choose one -
• Target creature has base power and toughness 1/1 until end of turn.
• Counter target spell or ability that targets Koma and Sarulf.
6/6

IIW: The food chain
I'm very hungry right now. This card does many things. It costs seven mana.
11 months ago
Prompt: " Artifacts with mana value 2" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Hot Coffee 2
Artifact - Equipment (C)
Equipped creature has haste and has "{T}, Sacrifice Hot Coffee: Hot Coffee deals 2 damage to any target and 1 damage to the creature it was equipped to."
Equip 2

Prompt: "White does that?" + "Unfiled, an office work themed Unset"

Doughnut Gofer 3{W}
Creature - Elephant Employee (U)
When Doughnut Gofer enters the battlefield, each player may create a Food token. Draw a card for each player that did so other than you.
All Foods have "1, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color. You gain 3 life."
1/5
"Okay, so who ordered the glazed plain?"

Art: An elephant employee coming back from a doughnut run, using his tusk and trunk to carry a colorful variety of glazed donuts.

IIW: Pupa of another creature
Hey, if we can get Hot Soup...
Interesting stuff with the Gofer. Making them food treasures might be enough inducement to get you an extra card or two from time to time. Feels reasonable.
Juancu wrote:
11 months ago
Unfiled ghost

The Stapplener 2W
Creature - Spirit
Whenever The Stapplener attacks, put a staple counter between two nontoken permanents. (If either becomes tapped, untapped, or leaves to a zone, the other follows.)
2/2

IIW: social media
People really like Unfiled, huh. I might have to give the win to chetoos so that we can get this out of our system once and for all. I remember a concept like this from one of the Great Designer Searches (which seem to be gone from the internet, but I believe it was an Alexis Janson card from the first one. If you know where to find archives of these LMK!).

Let's do it.

Winner: chetoos
Next: Unfiled, an office work themed unset
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Fun fact: I am posting this from my job.

Thran Janitor 3
Artifact Creature - Golem (U)
Whenever you cast an artifact or Employee spell, Thran Janitor gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Business hours - 3: Thran Janitor gains flying, first strike, and trample until end of turn. Activate only during your turn and only if it's 9:00 AM or later and 5:00 PM or earlier, local time.
No one has paid the maintenance company since 63 AR, but somehow they keep showing up.
2/2

IIW: Randomize something

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Thrun, the Last Temp 2GG
Legendary Creature — Troll Contractor (M)
Thrun, the Last Temp can't be fired as long as it's your turn. (A spell is fired if it's countered. A permanent is fired if it's destroyed, exiled, or sacrificed.)
Trample
Overtime Not Approved—Players can't draw more than one card per turn, and they can't take extra turns.
4/4

IIW: A majestic elk
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Every Day is the Same 2UUU
Sorcery (M)
Note everything you have done this turn up to casting Every Day is the Same, and end the turn.
Take an additional turn after this one. In that turn, you take exactly the same actions as noted. All spells you cast are cast as copies. Permanents, including lands enter the battlefield as tokens. You can't do anything other than the noted actions, but other players may act as normal. If this results in impossible actions, those actions don't happen. End the turn and exile Every Day is the Same when you've completed the noted actions.

What kind of monstrosity did I end up with??

Undead Embezzler 2B
Creature- Zombie Employee (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, any opponent may point out a hidden coin. Lose 1 life for each. Gain 1 life for each time an opponent falsely identifies a hidden coin. Then you may reveal any number of other coins you have hidden on the play area. Each of them becomes a treasure token.
2/2

Jeepers again with the wordswordswordswords. Hard to be concise when working outside of the laws of magic.

IIW: Big monster

Sporegorger_Dragon

Windowcleaner Widow
3{G}
Creature - Spider Employee (C)
Reach
Windowcleaner Widow can only block or be blocked by creatures with flying, reach, or who are perching somewhere high in their art.
4/3

Water-Cooler Moray
1{U}
Creature - Fish (C)
2{U}, Drink some water: Water-Cooler Moray can't be blocked this turn.
2/1
"Ooooh, fish-flavored today!"

Cubicle Farm
2{W}{U}
Artifact Enchantment (R)
Global continuous effects of each permanent only affect the single closest permanent on each side of that permanent. Only one permanent can be the closest on each side. (A permanent has four sides.)

Potted Predatory Plant
1{G}
Creature - Plant (C)
Defender
Whenever you cast a spell with a creature in its art, Potted Predatory Plant can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
3/3
Despite the danger, they soon became popular because of their ability to discourage nosy coworkers.

IIW: Pupa
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

Judging tomorrow, be sure to get your reports in before then.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

Only 4 of you? I thought we had better employee retention than that. Oh well.
void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
Fun fact: I am posting this from my job.

Thran Janitor 3
Artifact Creature - Golem (U)
Whenever you cast an artifact or Employee spell, Thran Janitor gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Business hours - 3: Thran Janitor gains flying, first strike, and trample until end of turn. Activate only during your turn and only if it's 9:00 AM or later and 5:00 PM or earlier, local time.
No one has paid the maintenance company since 63 AR, but somehow they keep showing up.
2/2

IIW: Randomize something
I'm sure I have the contract for the Thran somewhere in my filing cabinet...
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Thrun, the Last Temp 2GG
Legendary Creature — Troll Contractor (M)
Thrun, the Last Temp can't be fired as long as it's your turn. (A spell is fired if it's countered. A permanent is fired if it's destroyed, exiled, or sacrificed.)
Trample
Overtime Not Approved—Players can't draw more than one card per turn, and they can't take extra turns.
4/4

IIW: A majestic elk
Thrun is very diligent about taking his breaks on scheduled time.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Every Day is the Same 2UUU
Sorcery (M)
Note everything you have done this turn up to casting Every Day is the Same, and end the turn.
Take an additional turn after this one. In that turn, you take exactly the same actions as noted. All spells you cast are cast as copies. Permanents, including lands enter the battlefield as tokens. You can't do anything other than the noted actions, but other players may act as normal. If this results in impossible actions, those actions don't happen. End the turn and exile Every Day is the Same when you've completed the noted actions.

What kind of monstrosity did I end up with??

Undead Embezzler 2B
Creature- Zombie Employee (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, any opponent may point out a hidden coin. Lose 1 life for each. Gain 1 life for each time an opponent falsely identifies a hidden coin. Then you may reveal any number of other coins you have hidden on the play area. Each of them becomes a treasure token.
2/2

Jeepers again with the wordswordswordswords. Hard to be concise when working outside of the laws of magic.

IIW: Big monster
Both are very interesting ideas, but I feel like the embezzler is harder to pull off than Cheatyface or Entirely Normal Armchair
11 months ago
Windowcleaner Widow
3{G}
Creature - Spider Employee (C)
Reach
Windowcleaner Widow can only block or be blocked by creatures with flying, reach, or who are perching somewhere high in their art.
4/3

Water-Cooler Moray
1{U}
Creature - Fish (C)
2{U}, Drink some water: Water-Cooler Moray can't be blocked this turn.
2/1
"Ooooh, fish-flavored today!"

Cubicle Farm
2{W}{U}
Artifact Enchantment (R)
Global continuous effects of each permanent only affect the single closest permanent on each side of that permanent. Only one permanent can be the closest on each side. (A permanent has four sides.)

Potted Predatory Plant
1{G}
Creature - Plant (C)
Defender
Whenever you cast a spell with a creature in its art, Potted Predatory Plant can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
3/3
Despite the danger, they soon became popular because of their ability to discourage nosy coworkers.

IIW: Pupa
Honestly, these are great, all fit perfectly as uncards, and hit the office theme wonderfully. Better have your Rafter Demon watch out for that widow.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: Pupa.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

Scythe Pupa 2
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow Insect Horror (U)
Deathtouch, Menace, Flying
Scythe Pupa can't attack or block unless it has two or more +1/+1 counters on it.
1, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Scythe Pupa.
0/2

IIW: Cards that should not win Club Flamingo
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 11 months ago

Pupate GW
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
When Pupate enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

IIW: she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
Last edited by spacemonaut 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Cosmic Pupa 1R
Creature — Beast {R}
Defender
Sacrifice a land: Put two +1/+1 counters on Cosmic Pupa.
Cosmic Pupa has trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender as long as it has 10 or more power.
0/3

IIW: Limited Edition
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

From old Phyrexia

Pupation Vat 3
Artifact- Pod (U)
When Pupation Vat enters the battlefield, create 3 0/0 black Phyrexian creature tokens embedded on it. (Embedded creatures don't die for having 0 or less toughness. They can't attack, block, activate abilities, or be targeted.)
XX,T: Disembed a creature from Pupation Vat with X +1/+1 counters on it.

IIW: Lhurgoyfs, Atogs, Orggs, Kavu, and other blast-from-the-past creature types.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Dude you're playing with fire here, did you forget about last time?

And this time, I'm the judge.

Megiddo
MEG

Firenettle Pupa 1RG
Creature — Insect {U}
Defender
Firenettle Pupa enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it.
Whenever a shield counter is removed from Firenettle Pupa, it deals 3 damage to each creature.
When Firenettle Pupa dies, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly.
1/3

IIW: pursuit
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

*emerges from chrysalis, looking worse than before*

All right let's go!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Scythe Pupa 2
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow Insect Horror (U)
Deathtouch, Menace, Flying
Scythe Pupa can't attack or block unless it has two or more +1/+1 counters on it.
1, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Scythe Pupa.
0/2

This is some sort of horrifying man-made pupa thing.

Interesting in that it has a potent mix of keywords, but can't actually do anything until two turns later.

Also I gave you a chance, and you're sticking with that IIW, huh?
spacemonaut wrote:
11 months ago
Pupate GW
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
When Pupate enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

IIW: she-ra, he-man, and the kingdom of grayskull
Interesting card, I see the utility in using it on opponent's creatures on occasion. I think current Magic design shies away from this sort of stuff, which is a shame.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Cosmic Pupa 1R
Creature — Beast {R}
Defender
Sacrifice a land: Put two +1/+1 counters on Cosmic Pupa.
Cosmic Pupa has trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender as long as it has 10 or more power.
0/3

IIW: Limited Edition
Still have Cosmic Larva on the brain, huh? Pretty wacky, a risky win-condition.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
From old Phyrexia

Pupation Vat 3
Artifact- Pod (U)
When Pupation Vat enters the battlefield, create 3 0/0 black Phyrexian creature tokens embedded on it. (Embedded creatures don't die for having 0 or less toughness. They can't attack, block, activate abilities, or be targeted.)
XX,T: Disembed a creature from Pupation Vat with X +1/+1 counters on it.

IIW: Lhurgoyfs, Atogs, Orggs, Kavu, and other blast-from-the-past creature types.
Huh, while an interesting concept, embedded seems a lot of work when we already have counters that allow for a more familiar card. I'm aware that there certain differences (you can sacrifice the embedded tokens) but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might be fun as a one-off Un-card though.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Firenettle Pupa 1RG
Creature — Insect {U}
Defender
Firenettle Pupa enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it.
Whenever a shield counter is removed from Firenettle Pupa, it deals 3 damage to each creature.
When Firenettle Pupa dies, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly.
1/3

IIW: pursuit
Basically this thing blocks once, deals 3 to everything including itself, then turns into a 1/1 butterfly.

Hilarity ensues once you find a way to put multiple shield counters on it, and once the conflagration dies down you're left with a lone butterfly on the battlefield.
Results:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
As much as I would like to subject Ulka to another round of wacky, I usually don't let the IIWs sway my judgements, so I'll give to Megiddo for the mental image of a chrysalis exploding.

NEXT:
Pursuit or Limited Edition

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 11 months ago

Harried Fence 2U
Creature - Human Fence (C)
T, Pursuit 3: Draw a card (To pursuit 3, tap creatures you control that entered the battlefield this turn with total power 3 or greater.)
2/3

IIW: unions

Mergatroid_Jones

We're designing for Alpha!

Reckoning 5RR
Sorcery (R)
All lands and artifacts in play are destroyed.

Faulty Summoning U
Interrupt (C)
Counters a summon spell as it is being cast. Instead its controller summons this as a creature.
They weren't sure what it was, but it clearly wasn't a dragon.
1/2
Welcome to 1993
Show
Hide
This turns out pretty fun.

Devil's Friend 2R
Sorcery (R)
Remove the top two cards of your library from the game. Play one for free. It deals you 3 damage. Add the other to your ante.
Remove this card from your deck before playing if not playing for ante.

Muskrats 2G
Summon Rats (U)
Swampwalk
2/1

Ice Giant 4U
Summon Giant (C)
The sailors thought they hit an ice berg. But it was the ice berg that hit them.
4/4

Canal Pirates 3UU
Summon Pirates (R)
Tap to remove one mana from opponent's mana pool and add it to your mana pool. Play this ability as an interrupt.
2/2

Queen of the Giants 4RR
Summon Queen of the Giants (R)
All giants in play gain +2/+2 and cannot block.
She led them into a war with human peoples that neither side could win.
6/4

Wall of Treefolk 7G
Summon Wall (R)
Tap to add 1 green mana to your mana pool. This tap can be played as an interrupt.
8/9

Insolent Minion U
Enchant Creature (C)
Target creature's controller must pay 1 during their upkeep, or target creature is discarded.

Adnais Spearman 4W
Creature Spearman (C)
First strike
The Adnais spear is often twice as long as any of their rivals.
3/1
IIW: Alternate history: Planeswalkers and battles were added to the game back in 1999 (Urza block and Mercadian Masques era)

Sporegorger_Dragon

New Secret Lair! Obsolete Outsiders, each designed by an out-of-touch executive who just realized they work in a games company!

Illustrated by an AI trained on the art of classic MtG artists!

Each art features a celebrity who has said something repugnant on Twitter!

Each of these cards is white-bordered and signed by an influencer you've never heard of!

Wandering Doctor
2{W}
Creature - Kor (C)
When Wandering Doctor enters the battlefield, at the beginning of next turn's upkeep you draw a card and you gain 1 life.
1/3

Beginner's Skaab
1{U}
Creature - Zombie (C)
At the beginning of your upkeep, tap Beginner's Skaab unless you pay {U}.
2/2

Odious Familiar
{B}
Creature - Rat (C)
Whenever Odious Familiar is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to you.
2/1

Sandswimmer Skink
2{R}
Creature - Lizard (C)
Desertwalk
2/2

Luna Mothsprite
2{G}
Creature - Faerie (C)
Flying, vigilance
1/2

IIW: Take an infamously powerful creature and make it Limited chaff