NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

lookingupanddown
Pronoun: he / him

Post by lookingupanddown » 11 months ago

Ruins of Karakas
Legendary Land (Rare)
W, : Return target legendary creature you control to its owner's hand.
, Exile Ruins of Karakas: Search your library for a Desert or Plains land card, reveal it, put it on the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.

IIW: LotR characters skipped over by the Universes Beyond set

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 11 months ago

Realms Uncharted
Show
Hide
spacemonaut wrote:
11 months ago
Wavering Dreamscape
Land (U)
: Note a color of mana spent to activate this ability.
: Add one mana of the last color noted for Wavering Dreamscape.
, , Sacrifice Wavering Dreamscape: Scry 5.

Office Spire
(A high-rise lit-up tower on Capenna.)
Land — Lair
: Add .
, , Tap X untapped creatures you control: Add X mana of any one color among those creatures.

IIW: revisit a tribe in a set you like.
Dreamscape:
As a sidenote, Jeweled Amulet is one of my favorite cards, and is the coolest non-broken 0 mana rock out there. So I love the reference there.

As a land, this essentially requires an investment of one before it can be used, which is largely equivalent to entering tapped. It's a bit like a weaker Reflecting Pool, which is fitting for an uncommon. I like the scry 5 add on. Sorta like cycling as a backup option.

Spire:
Capenna fits for this as it goes perfectly with Cabarretti theme of "more creatures!"

I wish it had a rarity. Rare or uncommon are both reasonable choices. It's kinda unplayable in most decks, but I'm quite sure there are decks interested in breaking this, especially in EDH. But it's only ever broken in a fair way.

Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
Hall of Radiance
Tap 3 untapped basic plains you control: add

Note: no inherent ability to generate its own mana.

IIW: Colorshift a planeswalker
It's definitely weird, and weird to see it in white of all colors.

Green is the color of ramp, red is the color of ritual effects, black is the original ritual color, and could do this for a life cost, and even blue has a few effects towards producing lots of U in mono blue. But white?

This looks broken, but the more I look, the less broken it is. First off, Castle Garenbrig laughs at its inability to produce mana, but this gets on line much faster. Except it's in white: a color without any unfair ramp outside of Land Tax. You get one plains per turn, and there's not really a mono-white way to speed that up. Plus of course this doesn't tap for mana.

How good is turning six plains plus this into ten white mana? Well it's good. It's a seven land Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. But there so many ways to do that without playing mono-white and sticking almost exclusively to basics.

All in all, I think this is dangerous and would require testing. But I'm willing to give it my stamp of approval.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Magnaland
Land {R}
When Magnaland enters the battlefield, you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.

IIW: explode

Fractured Nexus
Land {R}
Companion — Your deck contains no land cards.
T: Add
--- Companion Abilities ---
Discard three cards: Put Fractured Nexus into your hand from outside of the game.
T: Add one mana of any color.

IIW: something (or somebody) you'd find at a cafe somewhere in the multiverse

Court of X and Y
Land {R}
T: Each player votes for X or Y. If X gets more votes, add two mana in any combination of colors. If Y gets more votes or the vote is tied, add one mana of any color and each other player creates a Treasure token.

Tower of Souls
Legendary Land {R}
Landbond (You may pair this land with another unpaired land when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
As long as Tower of Souls is paired with another land, each of those lands have "t: Sacrifice this land: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle."

IIW: extreme weather events
Magnaland-
The name gets an A+.

Merg: "It doesnt do anything"
Meg: "No—it does nothing."

I don't know what this thing's use would be. Double landfall is a dubious rationale when fetchlands exist. But there are various land-based decks in formats beyond the scope of my understanding. I could see this being an important enabler in a deck like that. I'm always down to give weird decks weird cards to work with.

Fractured Nexus:

But is it really broken? Okay yeah, it is. Honestly if it was exile instead of discard, it would be a lot less abusable. As is, it's got Bazaar of Baghdad vibes on top of being a silly combo tool.

But my gripe on the design isn't that. It's that the implementation of the concept is unsatisfying. It's rather like Sovereign's Realm, and it acts more like a conspiracy than a land. It totally wastes a land slot if it isn't your companion. No reason to play it. And as a companion, it's an absolutely insane card to build a deck around.

The idea of a land companion is inherently dangerous, as you've recognized. But I think it could be reasonably done without resorting to an oops-no-lands combo-wombo world.

Court X and Y:

So you always vote X. They always vote Y.Y always happens unless you are taking extra votes or something. And both effects are insane to put on a land. I'm voting Z!

Tower of Souls:
Terramorphic buddyland. Weird. But fine? But weird. Okay, I like it. It does a lot, including providing a free sac outlet for lands that don't normally see the graveyard. It's ultimately an upgrade on Evolving Wilds, (which is what it will be used as most often) but I like that it's not strictly better.
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
The Asphodel Meadows
Legendary Land - Plains
T: Add W.
T: Add WB to your mana pool. Activate this ability only from your graveyard.
If there are two or more cards named The Asphodel Meadows in your graveyard exile them.

IIW: Graveyard based Mechanics

Lair of the Behemoths
Land - Lair (U)
T: Add C.
T: Add one mana of any color in a nonhuman multicolored creature you control's color identity.

IIW: I better not with this

Vervi, The Palace of Gems
Legendary Planeswalker Land - Vervi (R)
[+1]: Skip your next untap phase.
[-1]: Add one mana of any color.
[-2]: You lose 2 life. Add two mana of two different colors. Spend this mana only to cast a multicolored creature or planeswalker spell, and that spell can't be countered. If it's a creature, it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it. If it's a planeswalker, it enters the battlefield with an additional loyalty counter on it.
<3>
Across the multiverse, the same myth recurs of a transient palace that offers power to those willing to pay the price.

Suspicious Island
Land - Island (R)
(T: Add {U})
Suspicious Island enters the battlefield tapped.
6{U}{U}: Transform Suspicious Island. Activate this ability only once per turn.
===================
Awakened Aspidochelone
Creature - Turtle ()
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, transform Awakened Aspidochelone unless you pay {U}{U}{U}.
6/8

IIW: Egg
Asphodel Meadows:
Spike clears throat-- "I'll play my Mox Diamond discarding The Asphodel Meadows. I'll play a land for the turn, and tap out for--" (player 2 concedes)

Lair of Behemoths:
This is fine. There's nothing wrong with this.

Vervi:
Its an attackable rainbow land that depletes itself. It can produce 2 the turn it comes out for turbo plays, but the limitations are fairly strict. Another one that looks broken at first, but looks weaker as you think about it.

But I'm still skeptical: this has the potential to produce a very explosive turn, and Crucible of Worlds effects mean you can get this back to do it again. This may or may not prove broken.

Suspicious Island:
Honestly I'm surprised we haven't seen something like this yet. I kinda like the cost to keep the big turtle (and I like that it's a turtle). But they'd never do that nowadays
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Collaboration Hub
Land (R)
T: Add one mana of any color. If this is the second time this ability has resolved this turn, each player adds one mana of the chosen color instead.
Q: Add one mana of any color. Only other players may activate this ability and only once per player per turn.

IIW: Hydras

Kessig Preserve
Land (R)
Daybound (If a player casts no spells during their own turn, it becomes night next turn.)
T: Add R or G.
//
Kessig Pack Haven
Land (R)
Nightbound (If a player casts at least two spells during their own turn, it becomes day next turn.)
T: Add RG.

IIW: DFCs (you choose what kind!)

Decrepit Terraforming Station
Land (R)
T, Exert Decrepit Terraforming Station: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.

IIW: Exert
Collaboration Hub:
Egads, another 0 mana game-changing nutso machine! I have no idea what this would do to a multiplayer game. I'm not so sure I wanna find out either!

Kessig Preserve:
Was it supposed to ETB tapped? Even if not, these things are bonkers. Play it turn one tapped. Transform it. Next turn play another one and tap for four. Yikes.

Decrepit Terraforming Station:
It's more or less a take on Thawing Glaciers. But I think it's quite a bit too good. Exerting instead of sacrificing your Evolving Wilds is a pretty big upgrade.

A Turn one Terraforming Station not only fixes your hand, it gets you a real-live Rampant Growth on turn three for no mana. Even without untap effects, that's way too much.
Juancu wrote:
11 months ago
Izzet Capablitor
Izzet Capablitor enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add U or R.
UR: Until end of turn, Izzet Capablitor becomes a 1/1 red and blue Weird creature with "This creature has +1/+1 for each mana you have spent to cast an instant or sorcery spell this turn".

IIW: risky business
Look out! They've got Capablitors! Who knows what they're capablitable of!

Well I guess a Weird land was kinda inevitable with the prompt. It's got a unique way of caring about spells, which is fun. But you gotta have a TON of mana to get real use out of that.
VariousBoots wrote:
11 months ago

Depleting Reservoir
Land (R)
: Choose a color that has not been chosen. Add one mana of the chosen color.
Before the creation of the mage rings, Vryn's mages unsustainably drained mana from the land.

IIW: A creature type from myth/legend/folklore that you wish was an official MTG creature type.

Mirror Maze
Land (M)
You can't play lands.
: Add one mana of any color. Target opponent creates a token that is a copy of Mirror Maze.
It may look like an exit, but it is just another reflection.

IIW: A creature type from myth/legend/folklore that you wish was an official MTG creature type.
Depleting Reservoir:
This should exist. Why does it not? Maybe there should be a way to sac it for a card or some life. That way it's not just sitting around useless after five taps. But I like the elegance of onc ability.

Mirror Maze:
My mind is kinda shattered from trying to visualize all these INSANE board-warping lands from this challenge. But the same thing is generally true for all of them including this one: they simply do too much for a land.

Locking people out of their land drops? Wow, no! Don't do that!
lookingupanddown wrote:
11 months ago
Ruins of Karakas
Legendary Land (Rare)
W, : Return target legendary creature you control to its owner's hand.
, Exile Ruins of Karakas: Search your library for a Desert or Plains land card, reveal it, put it on the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.

I like this concept: it's a monocolor (plus deserts) fetchland with a nonmana ability. That's a cool concept to play around with in a world where lands like Oasis don't get printed. I really can't argue against this.
Endless Horizons
Show
Hide
Quite the atlas of strange lands, many of them absolutely insane.

There's a lot going on here, and I see fit to name a few winners. However the true championship is for the weirdest printable (nonbroken) land.

[*] Award for BEST BROKEN LAND: Collaboration Hub from Cythare
The broken lands: Fractured Nexus, Court of X and Y, The Asphodel Meadows, Collaboration Hub, Kessig Preserve, Mirror Maze, Decrepit Terraforming Station

[*] Award for BEST REASONABLE LAND: Depleting Reservoir from VariousBoots
The reasonable lands: Wavering Dreamscape, Office Spire, Lair of the Behemoths, Suspicious Island, Izzet Capablitor, Depleting Reservoir, Tower of Souls

[*] WEIRD LAND AWARD: Chromaticus for Hall of Radiance
The other weirdest non-broken lands: Magnaland, Vervi, Palace of Gems, Ruins of Karakas (HMs for these)

Next: Colorshift a planeswalker

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Chandra, Soul Burner 3BB
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra (M)
+1: Chandra, Soul Burner deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker. You gain 2 life.
-3: Exile the top card of your library. You lose life equal to its mana value. You may play that card this turn without paying its mana cost.
-8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, this emblem deals 2 damage to any target and you gain 2 life."

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 11 months ago

Tezzeret, Metal-Mad
3{R}{R}
Legendary Planeswalker - Tezzeret (M)
+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying. It gains haste until end of turn.
-3: Reveal the top four cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into into your graveyard and exile the other. Until the end of your next turn, you may play the exiled cards.
-7: Tezzeret deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of targets, where X is the number of artifacts you control plus their total mana value.
<4>

IIW: Larva
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 11 months ago

Garruk, Rift Scout
Legendary Planeswalker - Garruk
Redshift (for each paid as , Garruk enters with 2 less loyalty, then trigger his Shift.)
+1 : Shift — Create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste.
-3: Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have +1/+1 and trample."

IIW: sound the alarm

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 11 months ago

Oh wow!! Yay!!

@Juancu — I really love this concept. That is VERY cool.

Gideon, Exhumed 1BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon
You may play Gideon, Exhumed from your graveyard, but not from anywhere else.
+0: Until end of turn, Gideon becomes a 3/2 Zombie Soldier with Menace.
+1: All creatures get -1/-1 until the beginning of your next turn.
-4: You gain an emblem with "You may play Planeswalker cards from your graveyard."

IIW: Vigilance payoff

Sporegorger_Dragon

Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
Oh wow!! Yay!!
Um, you won the last round, so you're judging this one. You don't need an entry.

Although technically there's nothing in the rules that prohibits a judge entering their own round?

Mergatroid_Jones

Niko, Jukai Hermit 1GG
Legendary Planeswalker- Niko (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a shard. (A colorless enchantment token with "2, Sacrifice this enchantment: Scry 1, then draw a card.")
{+1}: Add CC.
{-2}: Destroy up to one target artifact or enchantment. If you've drawn three or more cards this turn, destroy up to one artifact and up to one enchantment instead.
{2}

Niko (knowing the future) found the safest spot to chill through the Phyrexian invasions.

Davriel, The Fixer UU
Legendary Planeswalker- Davriel (R)
You may draw cards from the bottom of your library.
{+1}: Scry 1. Target player mills 1.
{0}: Target player shuffles their library. Look at the top or bottom card of that library.
{-2}: Each player chooses a card in their hand and a card in their graveyard, and puts them on bottom of their library in any order. Each player draws a card.
{{{2}}}

Bonus
Show
Hide
Karn, Super into Gardening Now 3GG
Legendary Artifact Creature- Golem (M)
Lands you control are forests in addition to other types.
Artifacts you control have "T: Add G."
4/5

Tyvar Against the World 1R
Legendary Planeswalker- Tyvar (U)
{+1}: Tyvar deals 1 damage to any target.
{{1}}
IIW: Things that shouldn't be alive
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 11 months ago

Ashiok, the Mindfire 2BR
Legendary Planeswalker — Ashiok (MR)
+2: Create a 2/1 black and red Nightmare creature token with "Whenever this creature attacks, defending player mills cards equal to its power."
-4: Target opponent mills cards until they mill a land card. When they do, Ashiok deals X damage to any target permanent, where X is the total mana value of cards milled this way. If only land cards were milled this way, X is 3.
-X: Exile any number of creature cards with total mana value X or less from graveyards. For each card exiled this way, create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's a Nightmare in addition to its other types and has "When this creature enters the battlefield, it fights target creature you don't control."
[4]

IIW: the underground resistance

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

You didn't say it had to be an MTG planeswalker

Lolth, Forest's web 3gg
Legendary Planeswalker - Lolth
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, put a loyalty counter on Lolth, Forest's web
+1 - Look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, you may reveal it and put it into your hand. If you don't, you may put it on the bottom of your library.
-2 - Create a 2/4 green spider creature token with reach and vigilance
-8 - You get an emblem with "Whenever you attack with 8 or more power of creatures, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn."

IIW: Planeswalker cards from universes beyond.

Chromaticus

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Chandra, Soul Burner 3BB
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra (M)
+1: Chandra, Soul Burner deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker. You gain 2 life.
-3: Exile the top card of your library. You lose life equal to its mana value. You may play that card this turn without paying its mana cost.
-8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, this emblem deals 2 damage to any target and you gain 2 life."

Chandra as a mono-black card is a direction I can get behind.

+1 is very strong - I think they would probably word this as up to one.
-3 is broken with brainstorm. Omniscience, Rise of the Dark Realms, whatever.
-8 looks a lot like Narset of the Ancient Way 's ultimate.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
11 months ago
Tezzeret, Metal-Mad
3{R}{R}
Legendary Planeswalker - Tezzeret (M)
+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying. It gains haste until end of turn.
-3: Reveal the top four cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into into your graveyard and exile the other. Until the end of your next turn, you may play the exiled cards.
-7: Tezzeret deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of targets, where X is the number of artifacts you control plus their total mana value.
<4>

IIW: Larva

I could see this one at 2{R}{r} honestly --

The +1 feels very red Tezzeret, and is my favorite ability on the card.
The -3 is hard to use the turn you drop him, which is my major qualm. On the other hand, if he lives for a turn, it's pretty insane value.
Ultimate is cool! I would like to see it interact a little more with the minus ability.
Juancu wrote:
11 months ago
Garruk, Rift Scout
Legendary Planeswalker - Garruk
Redshift (for each paid as , Garruk enters with 2 less loyalty, then trigger his Shift.)
+1 : Shift — Create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste.
-3: Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have +1/+1 and trample."

IIW: sound the alarm
I kind of spoiled it a bit when I gushed about it. I actually wasn't aware I was the judge until @Sporegorger_Dragon pointed it out :rofl:

Anyway - Redshift, and I assume, whiteshift, blueshift, blackshift, and greenshift is a mechanic I now want to see through an entire set.

For the abilities, the shift feels overall pretty balanced -- and gives you a wide amount of flexibility.
The -3 is balanced by the fact that this planeswalker is already protecting itself right and left -- I would have preferred a little more gruulish creature -- a 2/2 menace wolf at -2?
The -7 is fair for this planeswalker because it protects itself so well. Any more p/t boost would have been too strong. But what about haste and trample? My 2 cents.
Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
Gideon, Exhumed 1BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon
You may play Gideon, Exhumed from your graveyard, but not from anywhere else.
+0: Until end of turn, Gideon becomes a 3/2 Zombie Soldier with Menace.
+1: All creatures get -1/-1 until the beginning of your next turn.
-4: You gain an emblem with "You may play Planeswalker cards from your graveyard."
IIW: Vigilance payoff
My goal with this walker was to evoke feelings of Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, but for a walker. I looked up the lore of Gideon, though, and I don't think it quite works -- Gideon was turned to dust :P
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
11 months ago
Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
Oh wow!! Yay!!
Um, you won the last round, so you're judging this one. You don't need an entry.

Although technically there's nothing in the rules that prohibits a judge entering their own round?
Don't worry, my card was not close to the best from this round!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Niko, Jukai Hermit 1GG
Legendary Planeswalker- Niko (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a shard. (A colorless enchantment token with "2, Sacrifice this enchantment: Scry 1, then draw a card.")
{+1}: Add CC.
{-2}: Destroy up to one target artifact or enchantment. If you've drawn three or more cards this turn, destroy up to one artifact and up to one enchantment.
{2}

Niko (knowing the future) found the safest spot to chill through the Phyrexian invasions.

Davriel, The Fixer UU
Legendary Planeswalker- Davriel (R)
You may draw cards from the bottom of your library.
{+1}: Scry 1. Target player mills 1.
{0}: Target player shuffles their library. Look at the top or bottom card of that library.
{-2}: Each player chooses a card in their hand and a card in their graveyard, and puts them on bottom of their library in any order. Each player draws a card.
{{{2}}}

Bonus
Show
Hide
Karn, Super into Gardening Now 3GG
Legendary Artifact Creature- Golem (M)
Lands you control are forests in addition to other types.
Artifacts you control have "T: Add G."
4/5

Tyvar Against the World 1R
Legendary Planeswalker- Tyvar (U)
{+1}: Tyvar deals 1 damage to any target.
{{1}}
IIW: Things that shouldn't be alive
Wow -- you know how to create cards! I'd be interested to see if you've made a set before or a custom cube.

Niko has such a great blend of abilities within itself, and I like that it doesn't defend itself, because otherwise she'd be busted sideways. Still, I would not like to face this card in cube off a mox or a mana dork.

Davriel the Fixer is a really solid take on a 2 drop walker. It doesn't do anything insane, it just fixes -- and I like that it leans into the demon-charming lore, but in a different fashion than his black iterations. I enjoy the +0 for the fringe strategies that it enables.

I was actually curious if anyone would mess with a colorful Karn! The idea of him as a world creator is a cool space -- arguably a lot more to play with than artifact guy.

Tyvar Against the World has some Scott Pilgrim vibes and I'm here for it.
spacemonaut wrote:
11 months ago
Ashiok, the Mindfire 2BR
Legendary Planeswalker — Ashiok (MR)
+2: Create a 2/1 black and red Nightmare creature token with "Whenever this creature attacks, defending player mills cards equal to its power."
-4: Target opponent mills cards until they mill a land card. When they do, Ashiok deals X damage to any target permanent, where X is the total mana value of cards milled this way. If only land cards were milled this way, X is 3.
-X: Exile any number of creature cards with total mana value X or less from graveyards. For each card exiled this way, create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's a Nightmare in addition to its other types and has "When this creature enters the battlefield, it fights target creature you don't control."
[4]

IIW: the underground resistance
Very cool concept for Ashiok -- I like a lot of what's going on here, but I think the numbers aren't quite right. My thought would be 3BR, and have the second ability be a -3. I also don't love the fight trigger on the ultimate. I get that it makes it more red, I just don't love the thought of getting this ultimate off and your creatures fighting to their death.
chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
You didn't say it had to be an MTG planeswalker

Lolth, Forest's web 3gg
Legendary Planeswalker - Lolth
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, put a loyalty counter on Lolth, Forest's web
+1 - Look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, you may reveal it and put it into your hand. If you don't, you may put it on the bottom of your library.
-2 - Create a 2/4 green spider creature token with reach and vigilance
-8 - You get an emblem with "Whenever you attack with 8 or more power of creatures, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn."

IIW: Planeswalker cards from universes beyond.
Why are spiders so freaking cool? This one is a great homage to the original, while also making sense for the colorshift. The costs are also perfect across the board.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Winner: Chetoos with Lolth, Forest's Web

This one feels like it could actually be done, and of the top contenders, this one was perfectly balanced on mana value, the 3 abilities, and the starting loyalty. I also love the theming of the spidery appendages on the ultimate, and I thought the balance even on that was great.

Honorable Mentions:

Juancu's Garruk, Rift Scout -- this was the best mechanic out of everything I saw, but I wasn't in love with the balance of costs of the loyalty abilities.

Mergatroid's Davriel, the Fixer -- Ultimately I was between this one and Lolth, but I thought it was a lot of text for a 2 drop walker. I think you get 2 abilities and a static for that cost.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
I actually wasn't aware I was the judge until @Sporegorger_Dragon pointed it out
:rofl: , I had a feeling you didn't realize you were the judge, but there was a possibility that you confused the rules of this thread with the New Challenge Every Day contests.

chetoos

My idea for Lolth there was "What if Lolth was the patron of the wood elves, instead of the dark elves, but kept her spider theming?"
Anyway, since Chromanticus didn't say it, the next challenge is: Planeswalker cards from Universes Beyond.
But I produce an alternate challenge: Unfiled (An office work themed unset)

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 11 months ago

bad ideas i didn't use:

nissa but if they never retconned her
will and rowan with swapped colors
karn but if he were made today as a colored artifact
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

so this means current challenge is

Planeswalker cards from universes beyond.

(which, i guess technically they said they won't do for non-Wizards IPs but we are obviously not bound by that directive. also, how long do you think it will be until they go back on that anyway)
MEG

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
so this means current challenge is

Planeswalker cards from universes beyond.

(which, i guess technically they said they won't do for non-Wizards IPs but we are obviously not bound by that directive. also, how long do you think it will be until they go back on that anyway)
I also wanted to add an alternate challenge: Unfiled (an office work themed unset)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Winnie the Pooh 1GG
Legendary Planeswalker — Winnie (M)
Whenever you sacrifice a Food, put a loyalty counter on Winnie the Pooh.
[+1]: Until end of turn, whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, planeswalker, or battle, create a Food token.
[-1]: Create Piglet, a legendary 2/2 red Boar Coward creature token.
[-7]: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, create a Food token." and "Whenever you sacrifice a Food, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control."
[3]

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

from the vault:

Jezrien, Herald of Kings 2WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Jezrien {M}
[+1]: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature you control. You may attach an Equipment you control to it.
[-1]: Search your library for a card named Windrunner Initiate, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
[-6]: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have flying" and "Creatures your opponents control lose flying and can't have or gain flying."
{3}

Windrunner Initiate 1W
Creature — Human Soldier {C}
Windrunner Initiate has flying as long as it's equipped.
2/1

IIW: Cat
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Rick and Morty
2{U}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker - Rick (M)
When Rick and Morty enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't control a creature named Morty, create Morty, a legendary 0/1 green Human Child creature token with vigilance.
+1: Each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker. Each player who sacrificed a legendary permanent this way draws two cards and loses 3 life.
-7: You may cast up to three legendary non-Rick cards from your graveyard without paying their mana costs. If you control a creature named Morty, instead cast any number of legendary non-Rick cards from your graveyard without paying their mana costs.
<3>

IIW: Larva of something

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

Meriwether Lewis, Great Plains Explorer 1WG
Planeswalker - Lewis
Whenever you search your library for a card, you may reveal it. If you reveal a land card this way, you gain life equal to the number of basic land types you control.
+1:Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put into your hand, and then shuffle.
0: Create William Clark, a legendary 2/1 white Human Scout creature token with "Whenever this creature attacks, you may put a basic land card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped."
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each basic land type you control.

IIW: Domain Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Skeletor 2BU
Legendary Planeswalker- Skeletor (M)
Teleport Away-- 3: Return Skeletor to its owner's hand.
+2: Evil Scheme-- Draw a card. Target player discards a card.
-9: Ultimate Power!-- Each player sacrifices nine non-Skeletor permanents. You draw nine cards.

The Sorceress of Greyskull wu
Legendary Planeswalker- Sorceress (M)
+1: Scry 1.
0: Exile The Sorceress of Greyskull. Create Zoar, a legendary 2/2 white, blue, and red Bird creature token with flying and "WU: Exile this creature: Return The Sorceress of Greyskull from exile to the battlefield. She can't activate loyalty abilities this turn."
-4: Create He-Man, A legendary 5/5 white Human Warrior creature token with indestructible and vigilance.
{{2}}

IIW: Barely used mechanics
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 11 months ago

Tsukasa Kadoya, Passerby 2UR
Legendary Planeswalker - Tsukasa (M)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may transform Tsukasa Kadoya, Passerby. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.)
+1: Scry 3, then reveal the top card of your library. If a legendary card was revealed this way, put it into your hand.
-3: Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Tsukasa deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
//
Decade, Destroyer of Worlds
Legendary Creature - Rider
3, Discard a card: Decade, Destroyer of Worlds becomes a copy of target legendary creature until end of turn, except it gains haste and this ability.
2UR, : Decade deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to its power plus the number of legendary creatures on the battlefield. Exile Decade, then return it to the battlefield (front face up.)
4/4

Daiki Kaito, Master Thief 2UB
Legendary Planeswalker - Daiki (M)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may transforms Daiki Kaito, Master Thief. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.)
+1: Surveil 2. Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
-6: Gain control of target artifact or creature. Its controller loses 3 life.
//
Diend, Interplanar Sniper
⬤ Legendary Creature - Rider
3, Discard a card: Create a token that's a copy of target legendary creature, except it has "When you control no creatures named Diend, Interplanar Sniper, exile this creature."
2UB, : Destroy target creature or planeswalker with mana value X or less, where X is Diend's power plus the number of other legendary creatures on the battlefield. Exile Diend, then return it to the battlefield (front face up.)
4/4

Last edited by lookingupanddown 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Chromaticus

Kelsier, Cognitive Shadow {1}{U}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker-Kelsier
Opponents play with their hands revealed.
+1 Fateseal 1
-1 Up to two creatures cannot attack you or planeswalkers you control until your next turn.
-3 Choose target card in an opponent's hand. Until your next turn, they may not cast spells before playing that card.

Edit: I really want to be the guy who gets the tags right. Is there a guide somewhere?

Megiddo
MEG

Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
Kelsier, Cognitive Shadow {1}{U}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker-Kelsier
Opponents play with their hands revealed.
+1 Fateseal 1
-1 Up to two creatures cannot attack you or planeswalkers you control until your next turn.
-3 Choose target card in an opponent's hand. Until your next turn, they may not cast spells before playing that card.

Edit: I really want to be the guy who gets the tags right. Is there a guide somewhere?
you can use [/mana]1UB[/mana] tags (obviously remove that first /) or if you enter "full editor and preview" and click on the little color wheel you can insert whatever symbol you want via the UI (which will then teach you the code to use for future symbols; this is different than the tag)
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

oh wait there is a real guide: viewtopic.php?t=148
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”