Rate My deck The Sen Triplets

Millenhero
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Millenhero » 4 years ago

Hi,

this is my first attempt to making a Sen triplets deck.
objective of the deck is to steal things from my opponents and beat them to death with their own stuff :)

Sen Triplets, Steal all the Stuff

Planeswalker (1)

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun.

With an average CMC of around 3.45 you should replace at least one spell with a land. Realistically I'd go for 35 lands with the hefty mana costs of a lot of your spells.

I'd also personally play Firemind Vessel over Thran Dynamo for the color-fixing.

Thada Adel, Acquisitor would be a great addition.

When I play Unwinding Clock in a deck I always play the artifact lands, so in your case Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Vault of Whispers. Of note Tezzeret the Seeker can [-0] to get one of these lands, and also Trinket Mage can search for one as well. This is nice in that Trinket Mage can get you a colored mana source, rather than just colorless at times.

If you can afford them I'd also play City of Brass and Mana Confluence as additional color-fixing.

Easy cuts in my mind are Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Wurmcoil Engine. They are powerful cards, but they don't synergize with the deck and you have so much else going on casting your opponents spells as well, that I feel like you are always going to want to cast other spells instead.

Millenhero

Hi,

thanks for the tips!
going to change allot allready ;)
I've also been thinking to put in Phage the untouchable, to be an instant kill with fractured identity. But I think the table will see that coming from a mile away :p

Millenhero

Was also thinking about cutting aura thief, I think it's very situational, I added that in against my local meta :p but then I still needed a way for it to die, so I added in diabolic intent aswell, to force it to sac and gain the trigger. So i think that might be 2 spots more freed up :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”