NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Novice Necromancer 1B
Creature — Human Warlock
When Novice Necromancer enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
1B, Sacrifice Novice Necromancer: Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. You lose 1 life and draw a card. Activate only if you control three or more Zombies.
"Yes, rise! Rise! Rise from the dark and serve—wait, what are you doing!?"
1/1

IIW: revisit a tribe from a set you like

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Dauntless Scombrid 1W
Creature — Fish Soldier {C}
Shoaling — At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control three or more Fish, Dauntless Scombrid gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
2/1

IIW: one of those legends retold kind of cards
I like Shoaling but I fell likes its limited by only being fish but I'm not sure if adding spirits would balance it out or make it too good.

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Familiar Witch 2G
Creature- Human Warlock (U)
When Familiar Witch enters the battlefield, choose one:
-- Create a 1/1 blue Bird creature token with flying. Add U.
-- Create a 2/1 black Rat creature token with deathtouch. Add B.
-- Create a 1/2 green Frog creature token with hexproof. Add G.
2G: Return Familiar Witch to its owner's hand. Activate this ability only if you control three or more creatures that are Birds, Rats, and/or Frogs.
1/2

IIW: Despark a planeswalker
I really like this. I am a huge fan of warlocks in magic feeling like the classic witch and this pushes that ideaology.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Farm School Valedictorian 1W
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
Animal Husbandry — Whenever Farm School Valedictorian and at least one Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse and/or Donkey attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse, and Donkey.
1/2

IIW: A dangerous woodland critter
Dang I like this card as it brings all the farm animals into a cool deck. I could see this in a core set.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Kaalia's Illumination 3W
Instant (U)
Put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to three target creatures. You gain 3 life.
Draw a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control an Angel, an Demon, and a Dragon, return Kaalia's Illumination from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Words, phrases, and templating Magic no longer uses ("non-Wall creature", "Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep"...)

I was wondering when I would see a Kaalia card. Very tempered and balance imo as a mana intensive way to help these finisher creature types push through.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Cavern of the Monstrous
Land (R)
: Add C.
2, : Put a +1/+1 counter on target abomination you control. (Horrors, Mutants, and Oozes are abominations.)
At the beginning of each end step, if an abomination entered the battlefield this turn, untap Cavern of the Monstrous.
To the humans, a dangerous crack in the earth. To the monsters they hunt, sanctuary.

IIW: LotR characters skipped over by the Universes Beyond set
oooooo going with Abominations. I like it! This feels solidly theamic and could be a really fun way to make some tribal decks gain some solid reach.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Faerie Circle 1{U/B}{U/B}
Enchantment
Spell Circle — At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more Faeries, mill three cards, then you may put a creature card with flying and mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Whenever a player attacks you with one or more creatures, you and that player each mill that many cards.

ooo the first person to use spell circle wording. While normally that would auto give a win I found that the interpretations across the board have been much better than my limited challenge set. That said this is a bonkers card and I would love playing with this.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Urza's Augmenter 2
Artifact Creature- Assembly-Worker (R)
Artifact creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cost. This can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one.
1: Exile three or more creatures you control that are Golems, Constructs, and/or Assembly-Workers: create a 3/3 colorless Construct artifact creature token with trample and ward X, where X is its power. Put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the total power of creatures exiled to activate this ability.
2/1

IIW: Whatever I said before
Oh lord this seems interesting. I think affinity would love this but i'm having a hard time judging it.

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Novice Necromancer 1B
Creature — Human Warlock
When Novice Necromancer enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
1B, Sacrifice Novice Necromancer: Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. You lose 1 life and draw a card. Activate only if you control three or more Zombies.
"Yes, rise! Rise! Rise from the dark and serve—wait, what are you doing!?"
1/1

I like this interoperation of the mechanic and I think picking zsombies for 3 or more of the same type actually plays well ass it along with goblins, soldiers, and elves often go wide enough to utilize this mechanic without other types added.
winner winner chick, turkey and duck dinner
Show
Hide
HM: spacemonaut for the Faerie circle

Winner: Mergatroid_Jones for the Warlock as it sang to me.

Next: IIW: Despark a planeswalker
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

The Nameless Former Planeswalker Once Called Nicol Bolas UBBR
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon {M}
Flying
Whenever The Nameless Former Planeswalker Once Called Nicol Bolas deals combat damage to an opponent, that player chooses a card in their hand and discards the rest.
4/4

IIW: gaseous
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Angrath, Wandering but Happy 3BR
Legendary Creature — Minotaur Warrior (R)
Haste, menace
When Angrath, Wandering but Happy enters the battlefield, create Rumi, a legendary 2/1 black Minotaur creature token with menace and Jamira, a legendary 2/1 red Minotaur creature token with haste.
3/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Sivitri Scarzam, Dragontamer
4{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Dragon Human (R)
Flash
Delirium - When Sivitri Scarzam, Dragontamer enters the battlefield, choose one. If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, choose both instead.
-If you don't control a creature named Scarzam's Dragon, create Scarzam's Dragon, a legendary 5/5 blue and black Dragon creature token with flying.
-Gain control of up to one target Dragon you don't control for as long as you control Sivitri.
2/2

IIW: Insect
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Teyo, Stranded in Muraganda 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Teyo enters the battlefield, create a 1/5 white Illusion creature token.
G, T: Target illusion you control fights target creature an opponent controls. Before it does, you may switch that illusion's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: reduction

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Dakkon, Whose Path is Finished 2WUUB
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Dakkon, Whose Path is Finished has ward X and absorb X, where X is the number of lands you control.
Whenever you cast an artifact or enchantment spell, each opponent loses life equal to that spell's mana value and you gain that much life.
WB, Q: The next artifact or enchantment spell you cast this turn has affinity for lands.
5/5

idk Dakkon stuffed with keywords past is just a vibe

IIW: Krasises (krases?)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
I really want the technical terminology to be Krasi, like octopi because I think it sounds cool. That is all. lol.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
I really want the technical terminology to be Krasi, like octopi because I think it sounds cool. That is all. lol.
Krasopodes, got it

Megiddo
MEG

Grist, Devastation Queen BG
Legendary Creature — Insect Noble {M}
Flying
When Grist, Devastation Queen enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black and green Insect creature token.
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't target Grist as long as you control another Insect.
2BG: Target player mills X cards, where X is the number of Insects you control. If a land card was milled this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Grist and create a 1/1 black and green Insect creature token.
1/1

IIW: more insectssss
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Sparked No More
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
The Nameless Former Planeswalker Once Called Nicol Bolas UBBR
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon {M}
Flying
Whenever The Nameless Former Planeswalker Once Called Nicol Bolas deals combat damage to an opponent, that player chooses a card in their hand and discards the rest.
4/4

IIW: gaseous
It's a very Bolas effect from a former planeswalker formerly called Bolas. By the time this attacks in 1v1, the opponent is likely to be down to 0-1 cards in hand anyway, and I suspect Hypnotic Specter's discard effect is quite a bit more dangerous. But in EDH, you can make people discard 12 cards with from their Spellbook.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Angrath, Wandering but Happy 3BR
Legendary Creature — Minotaur Warrior (R)
Haste, menace
When Angrath, Wandering but Happy enters the battlefield, create Rumi, a legendary 2/1 black Minotaur creature token with menace and Jamira, a legendary 2/1 red Minotaur creature token with haste.
3/3

For a happy family, they sure are militant. But all in all this hits a lot of strong points. I only vaguely know Angrath's story has something to do with "mah family!" But this both establishes that in card form and resolves the character arc. Pretty sweet army in a can reminiscent of Bestial Menace.

Poor Jamira is always rushing in and getting killed by 1/1s. Angrath and Rumi are more careful.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Sivitri Scarzam, Dragontamer
4{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Dragon Human (R)
Flash
Delirium - When Sivitri Scarzam, Dragontamer enters the battlefield, choose one. If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, choose both instead.
-If you don't control a creature named Scarzam's Dragon, create Scarzam's Dragon, a legendary 5/5 blue and black Dragon creature token with flying.
-Gain control of up to one target Dragon you don't control for as long as you control Sivitri.
2/2

IIW: Insect
Who else has tamed Scarzam's Dragon?

Honestly, I think this is a much more satisfying iteration of Sivitri Scarzam than Sivitri, Dragon Master. Delirium brings something into the flavor that certainly hadn't been there before. But it fits well enough. Obviously the main mode is to just get Sivitri's Dragon, but stealing a dragon is pretty fun trinket text, and fits nicely.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Teyo, Stranded in Muraganda 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Teyo enters the battlefield, create a 1/5 white Illusion creature token.
G, T: Target illusion you control fights target creature an opponent controls. Before it does, you may switch that illusion's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: reduction
I'm noticing a trend of ETB token generators. I can see how that fits for ex-planeswalkers, and for Teyo as well.

Going with green as a secondary color definitely makes sense, but swapping power/toughness is very U/R. I would go with something like "You may have those creatures deal damage equal to their toughness instead of their power for that fight". There's no precedent for the wording. But something along the lines of what Giant Ox does.

But ultimately the end result would be mostly the same, and the difference is semantic.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Dakkon, Whose Path is Finished 2WUUB
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Dakkon, Whose Path is Finished has ward X and absorb X, where X is the number of lands you control.
Whenever you cast an artifact or enchantment spell, each opponent loses life equal to that spell's mana value and you gain that much life.
WB, Q: The next artifact or enchantment spell you cast this turn has affinity for lands.
5/5

idk Dakkon stuffed with keywords past is just a vibe

Well that's a weird as heck card with a difficult cost and crazy abilities. Sounds like EDH to me.

The ward is insane considering you're likely at any given time to have roughly the same number of lands as your opponents (meaning that to target it they either need more lands than you or non-land mana sources equal to the cost of the targeting effect). That makes it pretty close to hexproof. Plus absorb on top of 5 toughness more means this thing is virtually unkillable in combat. Absorb blocks damage from each individual source, so an army of 9/9's won't be able to take this guy down.

Then there's the abilities: absorb means I can attack in comfort and safety, so the untap ability allows me to happily cast Blightsteel Collossuses, Gateway to Phyrexias, and Darksteel Forges for massive discounts. But wait, there's more: each of those haymakers kills your opponents and gains you tons of life.

So it's a lot more powerful than it looks at first glance. But it's 8 mana.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Grist, Devastation Queen BG
Legendary Creature — Insect Noble {M}
Flying
When Grist, Devastation Queen enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black and green Insect creature token.
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't target Grist as long as you control another Insect.
2BG: Target player mills X cards, where X is the number of Insects you control. If a land card was milled this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Grist and create a 1/1 black and green Insect creature token.
1/1

IIW: more insectssss
Another ETB token maker. I like the reverse flagbearer ability. Seems very Grist. The activated ability is pretty conservatively costed. It's also surprising to see targeted mill in BG. Grist is sweet. I want more Grist.
Born Anew
Show
Hide

Winner: Sivitri. Who else tamed the Sporegorger Dragon.
HM: Cythare for completing Angrath's character arc.

Next: Insect

(not to be confused with Meg's iiw of insectssss)
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Giant Chrysalis G
Creature- Insect (C)
Defender, Reach
T, Sacrifice Ciant Crysalis: create a 1/2 green Insect creature token with flying.
0/3

Thrumblebee 2G
Creature- Insect (U)
Flying, deathtouch
3GG: Thrumblebee fights another target creature.
"Nog swelled three times his size and popped like a balloon. And he weren't even allergic." -Meb Honeyhands
1/1

Maggots B
Tribal Enchantment- Insect Aura Curse (R)
Enchant Player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player may pay 3 life to destroy Maggots. Otherwise, that player chooses one of their opponents to create a 1/1 black Insect creature token with flying.
BB, Pay 2 life: Return Maggots from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: A land with a keyword

Ulka

Was late to last challenge
Show
Hide
Boragor, Sparkless Returned 2BB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Wizard
Exalted
When Boragor, Sparkless Returned enters the battlefield or attacks, create a 1/1 Black zombie creature tokens with Exalted.
Undying
2/2
Nefarox's Spawn 1B
Creature - Insect Demon (U)
Exalted
1B, Discard a card: Create a token copy of Nefarox's Spawn.
"Nefarox's cult is strong but its his spawns that are a pain to deal with." - Sedris, Traitor King
0/1

IIW: Design a Planeswalker card for one of the 5 planeswalkers Garruk killed

Megiddo
MEG

Chitinous Broodwarden 1GW
Creature — Insect {U}
When Chitinous Broodwarden enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
Cocoon (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. When you would create a creature token, you may pay to put this onto the battlefield from exile instead.)
2/3

IIW: Dog
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Gruesome Grub B
Creature — Zombie Insect (U)
Gruesome Grub enters the battlefield tapped.
Recover B (When another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay B. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, exile this card.)
2/1

IIW: A majestic elk
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

Rustmoths
Flying
When Rustmoths enter the battlefield, tap each artifact you don't control, and those artifacts do not untap during their controller's next untap step.
1/3

IIW: Cycling Payoff

Ulka

Shockscale MothR
Creature - Insect Elemental
Flying
Shock Moth blocks, it deals 2 damage to each creature it blocks.
0/1

IIW: Cycling Matters

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Alright, lets go!

Judging:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Giant Chrysalis G
Creature- Insect (C)
Defender, Reach
T, Sacrifice Ciant Crysalis: create a 1/2 green Insect creature token with flying.
0/3

Thrumblebee 2G
Creature- Insect (U)
Flying, deathtouch
3GG: Thrumblebee fights another target creature.
"Nog swelled three times his size and popped like a balloon. And he weren't even allergic." -Meb Honeyhands
1/1

Maggots B
Tribal Enchantment- Insect Aura Curse (R)
Enchant Player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player may pay 3 life to destroy Maggots. Otherwise, that player chooses one of their opponents to create a 1/1 black Insect creature token with flying.
BB, Pay 2 life: Return Maggots from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: A land with a keyword
I see you're going with some green flyers, which is a space I like to explore.

I'm not sure about the recursion on that Insect Curse though; makes for interesting tension on whether or not to pay the life to destroy the enchantment, but might be a tad annoying
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Nefarox's Spawn 1B
Creature - Insect Demon (U)
Exalted
1B, Discard a card: Create a token copy of Nefarox's Spawn.
"Nefarox's cult is strong but its his spawns that are a pain to deal with." - Sedris, Traitor King
0/1

IIW: Design a Planeswalker card for one of the 5 planeswalkers Garruk killed
A perfectly adequate card, but I feel the Insect aspect really isn't coming through for me.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Chitinous Broodwarden 1GW
Creature — Insect {U}
When Chitinous Broodwarden enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
Cocoon (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. When you would create a creature token, you may pay to put this onto the battlefield from exile instead.)
2/3

IIW: Dog
Hah! I've dabbled in this myself.

While grokkable (at least to me), what sort of effect would the Cocoon payment be? Special action or replacement effect?
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Gruesome Grub B
Creature — Zombie Insect (U)
Gruesome Grub enters the battlefield tapped.
Recover B (When another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay B. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, exile this card.)
2/1

All the way from Cold Snap, it's Recover! Interesting example of the black "2-power weenie that recurs itself."
Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
Rustmoths
Flying
When Rustmoths enter the battlefield, tap each artifact you don't control, and those artifacts do not untap during their controller's next untap step.
1/3

IIW: Cycling Payoff
Hmm, I can see the flavor, but this strikes me more as a blue-white effect. I'd expect a red-white moth to actually destroy the artifacts.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Shockscale MothR
Creature - Insect Elemental
Flying
Shock Moth blocks, it deals 2 damage to each creature it blocks.
0/1

IIW: Cycling Matters
Ah, moth are covered in fuzz and scales, so I assumed at first this thing was using static electricity, but the Elemental typing suggests otherwise. Huh, we really don't have a regular furry critter that shocks its enemies with static electricity in MtG, do we? In Pokemon it's practically an ecological niche.
Results:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
HM: Mergatroid_Jones

Winner: Megiddo

NEXT:
Dog

Mergatroid_Jones

Guards of Maurer Estate 3B
Creature- Spirit Dog (Commander Rare)
Menace
When a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, that creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn unless its controller discards a card.
Poor Ugo passed too close one night. The Twins found him the next morning standing in place, dead of fright. What games they played.
3/3

Jovial Taegan 1W
Creature- Dog (U)
Flying, lifelink, vigilance
Among the Nacatl, seeing the elusive winged dogs at play means three years of good luck.
1/1

IIW: Spooky ghosts (not necessarily as creatures)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 11 months ago

Treat! 2
Artifact (U)
When Treat! enters the battlefield, draw a card.
, , Sacrifice Treat!: Untap target Dog you control. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to it this turn.
, , Sacrifice Treat!: Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a Dog card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

IIW: cats

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

Hound of Hope 1W
Creature - Dog
Flash
When Hound of Hope enters the battlefield, choose up to one target creature card in your graveyard that was put there from the battlefield this turn. Return it to the battlefield tapped.
Beneath the rubble, survivors only had hope to be found.
1/2

IIW: Money

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Infernal Retriever 3RR
Creature — Devil Dog (R)
Menace
When Infernal Retriever enters the battlefield, gain control of target artifact or creature with mana value less than Infernal Retriever's power until Infernal Retriever leaves the battlefield. Untap it. If it's a creature, it gains haste until end of turn.
4/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 11 months ago

Slush Puppy
{U}{R}
Creature - Weird Dog (U)
Whenever you cast a sorcery spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Slush Puppy. It gains trample until end of turn.
Whenever you cast an instant spell, Slush Puppy gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Untap it.
1/1

IIW: Fish that don't live in water

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Hound of Hope 1W
Creature - Dog
Flash
When Hound of Hope enters the battlefield, choose up to one target creature card in your graveyard that was put there from the battlefield this turn. Return it to the battlefield tapped.
Beneath the rubble, survivors only had hope to be found.
1/2
:cry: Good doggo
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 11 months ago

Inert Fascination 1R
Enchantment (U)
When Inert Fascination enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, for each creature you control of the chosen type, choose up to one target creature an opponent controls. Those creatures can't block.
"Dog!"

IIW: Stars

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”