NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Grinder Sphinx 2UU
Creature - Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 2
Whenever Grinder Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, look at the top three cards of your library. If all three share a color, mana value, or card type, you may reveal them and put them into your hand. Otherwise, put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
3/5

IIW: inheritance
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Highroller Sphinx 4UU
Creature - Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 3
Whenever Highroller Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, reveal the top five cards of your library. Put any number of them that all share the same color, mana value, or card type into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. If you put five cards into your hand this way, you win the game.
4/6

IIW: no whammies
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Thoughtweft Recruit 1W
Creature — Kithkin Soldier (C)
When Thoughtweft Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Thoughtweft Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Thoughtweft Recruit has resolved this game, put a +1/+1 counter on each Kithkin you control.
2/1

The rest of the cycle for a return to Lorwyn set:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Merrow Recruit UU
Creature — Merfolk Rogue (C)
When Merrow Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Merrow Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Merrow Recruit has resolved this game, scry 3, then draw 2 cards.
1/1

Boggart Recruit B
Creature — Goblin Warrior (C)
When Boggart Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Boggart Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Boggart Recruit has resolved this game, you may sacrifice a Goblin. When you do, target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed Goblin's power.
1/1

Flamekin Recruit 2RR
Creature — Elemental Berserker (C)
When Flamekin Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Flamekin Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Flamekin Recruit has resolved this game, Elemental creatures you control gain haste and menace until end of turn.
3/3

Lys Alana Recruit 1GG
Creature — Elf Shaman (C)
When Merrow Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Lys Alana Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Lys Alana Recruit has resolved this game, destroy target noncreature, nonland permanent with mana value less than or equal to the number of Elves you control.
2/3
IIW: A dangerous woodland critter
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Hag of the Burrows 2B
Creature - Hag Warlock (C)
When Hag of the Burrows enters the battlefield, mill two cards.
Spell Circle2B, T: Target sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Druids, Shamans, or Warlocks.
1/3

IIW: Card that have a Spell Circle ability - an ability that requires three creatures of certain types.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Coven — ... Activate this ability only if you control three or more Druids, Shamans, or Warlocks.
:thinking:
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Coven — ... Activate this ability only if you control three or more Druids, Shamans, or Warlocks.
I'm curious what you are thinking about the mechanic.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
I'm curious what you are thinking about the mechanic.
Augur of Autumn

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

That - the name's taken. Is this "I didn't like the original ability word, let me redesign it"? If so carry on
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

if ability words have no rules text meaning, what's to stop us from reusing them?

(fake question do not answer)
MEG

Ulka

Dang it. Legit forgot that ability existed... Ugh time to find a new word.

Megiddo
MEG

Angleshooter Sphinx 3UU
Creature — Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 2
Whenever Grinder Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals the top card of their library and you reveal the top two cards of your library. If all three share a color, mana value, or card type, put them into your hand. Otherwise, put one of the cards you revealed into your hand and the rest on the bottom of their owners' libraries.
3½/5½

IIW: no
MEG

Ulka

Fixed it up for Spell Circle.

No I legit forgot about that ability and am disappointed in its actual mechanic but I changed the word I use for my ability.

Megiddo
MEG

understandable
MEG

VariousBoots

Post by VariousBoots » 1 year ago

The Three Little Pigs
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. Surveil 2.
II: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. The next permanent spell you cast this turn has convoke.
III: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. Put two +1/+1 counters and an indestructible counter on each Boar creature you control.

IIW: Take an existing flavor word and make a mechanic that does something different.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Judgmentations
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Grinder Sphinx 2UU
Creature - Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 2
Whenever Grinder Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, look at the top three cards of your library. If all three share a color, mana value, or card type, you may reveal them and put them into your hand. Otherwise, put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
3/5

IIW: inheritance
Is grinder a gambling term? I like that this feels like a slot machine with the three kinds of matches. Kinda makes me wish it were an artifact rather than a sphinx.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Highroller Sphinx 4UU
Creature - Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 3
Whenever Highroller Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, reveal the top five cards of your library. Put any number of them that all share the same color, mana value, or card type into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. If you put five cards into your hand this way, you win the game.
4/6

IIW: no whammies
This is more five of a kind.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Thoughtweft Recruit 1W
Creature — Kithkin Soldier (C)
When Thoughtweft Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Thoughtweft Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Thoughtweft Recruit has resolved this game, put a +1/+1 counter on each Kithkin you control.
2/1

The rest of the cycle for a return to Lorwyn set:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Merrow Recruit UU
Creature — Merfolk Rogue (C)
When Merrow Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Merrow Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Merrow Recruit has resolved this game, scry 3, then draw 2 cards.
1/1

Boggart Recruit B
Creature — Goblin Warrior (C)
When Boggart Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Boggart Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Boggart Recruit has resolved this game, you may sacrifice a Goblin. When you do, target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed Goblin's power.
1/1

Flamekin Recruit 2RR
Creature — Elemental Berserker (C)
When Flamekin Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Flamekin Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Flamekin Recruit has resolved this game, Elemental creatures you control gain haste and menace until end of turn.
3/3

Lys Alana Recruit 1GG
Creature — Elf Shaman (C)
When Merrow Recruit enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of cards named Lys Alana Recruit, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle. Then, if this is the third time a triggered ability of a card named Lys Alana Recruit has resolved this game, destroy target noncreature, nonland permanent with mana value less than or equal to the number of Elves you control.
2/3
Well that's pretty swell. For the 3-4 mana ones, triggering the ability seems pretty unlikely. Neat twist on Squadron Hawk.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Hag of the Burrows 2B
Creature - Hag Warlock (C)
When Hag of the Burrows enters the battlefield, mill two cards.
Spell Circle2B, T: Target sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Druids, Shamans, or Warlocks.
1/3

IIW: Card that have a Spell Circle ability - an ability that requires three creatures of certain types.
Spell circle: a new and unique ability with nothing to do with coven. It seems like a good idea for limited where you can broaden the scope of a tribal theme.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Angleshooter Sphinx 3UU
Creature — Sphinx {R}
Flying, ward 2
Whenever Grinder Sphinx deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals the top card of their library and you reveal the top two cards of your library. If all three share a color, mana value, or card type, put them into your hand. Otherwise, put one of the cards you revealed into your hand and the rest on the bottom of their owners' libraries.
3½/5½

IIW: no
I feel like I've seen this somewhere.
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
The Three Little Pigs
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. Surveil 2.
II: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. The next permanent spell you cast this turn has convoke.
III: Create a 1/1 green Boar creature token. Put two +1/+1 counters and an indestructible counter on each Boar creature you control.

IIW: Take an existing flavor word and make a mechanic that does something different.
I kinda wish it were more clear that the first pig builds a straw house, and the second builds a stick-house. But that may be tough to convey. This is a pretty sweet saga. I think the last counter should give indestructible until end of turn rather than a counter.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: Ulka for Coven Spell Circle.

Next: Cards that have a Spell Circle ability - an ability that requires three creatures of certain types.

(See winning card for example)

Megiddo
MEG

Dauntless Scombrid 1W
Creature — Fish Soldier {C}
Shoaling — At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control three or more Fish, Dauntless Scombrid gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
2/1

IIW: one of those legends retold kind of cards
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Familiar Witch 2G
Creature- Human Warlock (U)
When Familiar Witch enters the battlefield, choose one:
-- Create a 1/1 blue Bird creature token with flying. Add U.
-- Create a 2/1 black Rat creature token with deathtouch. Add B.
-- Create a 1/2 green Frog creature token with hexproof. Add G.
2G: Return Familiar Witch to its owner's hand. Activate this ability only if you control three or more creatures that are Birds, Rats, and/or Frogs.
1/2

IIW: Despark a planeswalker

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Farm School Valedictorian 1W
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
Animal Husbandry — Whenever Farm School Valedictorian and at least one Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse and/or Donkey attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse, and Donkey.
1/2

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Ulka

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Animal Husbandry — Whenever Farm School Valedictorian and at least one Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse and/or Donkey attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking Ox, Goat, Sheep, Horse, and Donkey.
1/2

Paying attention to DnD I see... :chairhit:

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Kaalia's Illumination 3W
Instant (U)
Put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to three target creatures. You gain 3 life.
Draw a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control an Angel, an Demon, and a Dragon, return Kaalia's Illumination from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Words, phrases, and templating Magic no longer uses ("non-Wall creature", "Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep"...)

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Cavern of the Monstrous
Land (R)
: Add C.
2, : Put a +1/+1 counter on target abomination you control. (Horrors, Mutants, and Oozes are abominations.)
At the beginning of each end step, if an abomination entered the battlefield this turn, untap Cavern of the Monstrous.
To the humans, a dangerous crack in the earth. To the monsters they hunt, sanctuary.

IIW: LotR characters skipped over by the Universes Beyond set

Ulka

Judging later today/ tomorrow morning depending on if my client's all show today or not.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Faerie Circle 1{U/B}{U/B}
Enchantment
Spell Circle — At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more Faeries, mill three cards, then you may put a creature card with flying and mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Whenever a player attacks you with one or more creatures, you and that player each mill that many cards.

IIW: revisit a tribe from a set you like
Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
1/2

Paying attention to DnD I see... :chairhit:
The idea popped into my head and I didn't want to forget!
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

Urza's Augmenter 2
Artifact Creature- Assembly-Worker (R)
Artifact creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cost. This can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one.
1: Exile three or more creatures you control that are Golems, Constructs, and/or Assembly-Workers: create a 3/3 colorless Construct artifact creature token with trample and ward X, where X is its power. Put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the total power of creatures exiled to activate this ability.
2/1

IIW: Whatever I said before

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”