NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Captain Obvious W
Legendary Creature- Human Soldier
Players can't play more than one land per turn.
Sorcery and permanent spells can only be cast during their controllers' main phases.
Creatures can't attack if they entered the battlefield this turn.
Each player's maximum hand size is seven.
"Cast this spell only any time you could cast a legendary creature spell."
2/1

Captain Planet GRUBW
Legendary Creature- Avatar
Flying, Convoke
Basic lands you control have indestructible.
When Captain Planet enters the battlefield, search your library for up to five basic lands that each have a different land type. Reveal them, shuffle your library, and put them into your hand.
You may play basic lands from your graveyard.
"Go planet!"
5/5

IIW: Planet-hopping
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Captain Hindsight 1UU
Legendary Creature - Human (R)
Flash, Flying
When Captain Hindsight enters the battlefield, choose target permanent. You may explain how you would have won if you only had countered the spell that made it. If you do, thank Captain Hindsight, pick up your cards, and feel much better about it.
"The power of perfect hindsight."
2/2

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

Captain Underpants 2WW
Flying, vigilance
Whenever Captain Underpants attacks, tap another target creature and put a wedgie counter on it. That creature doesn't untap as long as it has a wedgie counter on it.
3/4

IIW: hunters; the hunt.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
design notes on mirror universe
Show
Hide
I feel like the mirror universe should work similar to day/nightbound, where rather than spelling out that you go into the mirror universe, Georgiou here just as "Mirror universe" on the back side, and the mirror universe works mostly the same, except that if no mirror universe permanents are on the battlefield, then that's when it goes away. After all, what if you have Mirror Spock or Smiley, ace pilot on the battlefield and then Her Most Imperial Majesty dies?
I appreciate the design notes here! I like this feedback, and do agree that these changes would make for an overall better experience.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Captain Jean-Luc Picard 1WU
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Ward
Other creatures you control get +0/+2 and have Ward .
The picard maneuver , : create a token that's a copy of target creature or artifact you control. That permanent gains haste, "prevent all damage this permanent would deal", and "this permanent must be blocked, if able".
"Engage."
2/4

Captain Benjamin Sisko 1WB
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
USS Defiant - Creatures attacking your opponents can't be the target of spells or abilities not controlled by you or their controller.
Whenever one or more creatures deal damage to an opponents, create a treasure token.
In the pale moonlight Sacrifice a creature and a treasure token: goad target creature.
"The most damning thing of all is that I can live with it."
3/3

Captain Kathryn Janeway 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
Voyage through the delta quadrant - Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it explores.
Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may return target artifact card with lesser mana value from your graveyard to your hand. When you do, Captain Kathryn Janeway deals damage to each opponent equal to the difference between their mana values. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"If we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human."
2/2

Captain James T. Kirk RGW
Legendary Creature - Human Scout
xrrr, : Gain control of target creature with mana value X until end of turn. Untap that creature, it gains haste.
xggg, : Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature with X power.
XWWW, , exert Captain James T. Kirk: Create X 1/1 white soldier creature tokens. X can't be greater than the number of creatures you control.
"What does god need with a starship?"
2/4

IIW: Sagas
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 7 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Captain Keeta
Legendary Creature — Skeleton Soldier {R}
Dash BB
Menace
When Captain Keeta dies, return it to the battlefield transformed.
"I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame..."
4/1

//

Captain's Hat
Legendary Artifact — Equipment {R}
Equipped creature is a Skeleton, gets +2/+2, and has menace and "Other Skeleton creatures you control get +1/+1."
Equip 2
"... And convey a message to my men. Tell them the war has ended..."

IIW: banned in france
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Captain Amelia Smollett 1WUR
Legendary Creature - Leonin Soldier Pilot
First Strike, Haste
Whenever Captain Amelia Smollett becomes tapped, you may draw a card. If you don't Captain Amelia Smollett deals damage equal to her power to a creature an opponent controls.
3/1

IIW: Cards depicting nature that is locally around you. If you don't feel comfortable sharing that then Cards from the Arctic Circle
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

VariousBoots

Post by VariousBoots » 1 year ago

O Captain! My Captain!
Instant
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.
Untap X tapped creatures you control, where X is the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost.

IIW: Childhood boardgames
Last edited by VariousBoots 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Have some firefly/serenity characters:

Mal Reynolds, Heart of Gold RWB
Legendary Creature — Human Pirate (R)
Flash
When Mal Reynolds enters the battlefield, choose a creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard. Exile it. You may cast it for as long as it remains exiled. It enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
: Mal Reynolds deals damage equal to its power to target attacking creature.
2/2

Wash, Ship's Pilot URW
Legendary Creature — Human Pilot (U)
Wash, Ship's Pilot crews Vehicles as though its power were 2 greater.
Whenever Wash crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gains hexproof and skulk until end of turn. (Vehicles with skulk can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.)
2/3

IIW: biohazards

Megiddo
MEG

Captain Li Shang 2WW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier {R}
Mentor (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking creature with lesser power.)
Whenever Captain Li Shang attacks, if it doesn't mentor any creature, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain first strike until end of turn.
"I'll make a man out of you!"
4/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
this template is bad but i need to go knead some bread so that'll have to do for now
IIW: pulpy
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Hello all! I'm your representative from Wizards of the Coast here to judge your entries for our upcoming Secret Lair product. Let's get into it and see what captains people think will get consumers' players' brewing and wallets opening!
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Captain America
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (M)
First strike, vigilance
Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Captain America, other creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap them.
Sacrifice Captain America: Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
3/4

From marvel lol

IIW: More universes beyond stuff. Or if you don't feel like it, just make a normal MTG card. Maybe a plant, or a soldier.
Ah, starting off with a classic! A mainstay of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and of the comics beforehand, Captain America would be a great addition to this product. Licensing from Disney may be difficult, given that they're coming out with Lorcana, but we can always try.

On a design note, heroic plus a sacrifice ability really embodies his personality. First strike and vigilance may be a bit much for the rate.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Obvious W
Legendary Creature- Human Soldier
Players can't play more than one land per turn.
Sorcery and permanent spells can only be cast during their controllers' main phases.
Creatures can't attack if they entered the battlefield this turn.
Each player's maximum hand size is seven.
"Cast this spell only any time you could cast a legendary creature spell."
2/1

Captain Planet GRUBW
Legendary Creature- Avatar
Flying, Convoke
Basic lands you control have indestructible.
When Captain Planet enters the battlefield, search your library for up to five basic lands that each have a different land type. Reveal them, shuffle your library, and put them into your hand.
You may play basic lands from your graveyard.
"Go planet!"
5/5

IIW: Planet-hopping
Let's see...Captain Obvious may be a bit vanilla for this product, but it could be a funny inclusion as a bonus card. I'm not sure if there's a specific Captain Obvious that you're trying to reference, though. Is this intended to be the Hotels.com mascot, or just from popular culture at-large?

Captain Planet is an iconic choice! I'd imagine that this will appeal to a lot of millenials that grew up watching the show, and I appreciate the attention to detail on the order of the mana symbols. I'm not sure how excited players will be about getting up to five basic lands in there hand, but there are uses for it that may excite some consumers players.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Hindsight 1UU
Flash, Flying
When Captain Hindsight enters the battlefield, choose target permanent. You may explain how you would have won if you only had countered the spell that made it. If you do, thank Captain Hindsight, pick up your cards, and feel much better about it.
"The power of perfect hindsight."
2/2
An Un-card Captain! The ability matches the character neatly, but it may be difficult to excite players about it, given that it doesn't even help you advance an un-game towards victory.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Underpants 2WW
Flying, vigilance
Whenever Captain Underpants attacks, tap another target creature and put a wedgie counter on it. That creature doesn't untap as long as it has a wedgie counter on it.
3/4

IIW: hunters; the hunt.
Oof, the dreaded wedgie. I thought that Captain Underpants' "wedgie power" allowed him access to unlimited underwear, but I guess he could use that underwear to give others wedgies, too. I think wedgie counters plus vigilance may be a bit much - I'd swap the vigilance out for something else if possible.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Jean-Luc Picard 1WU
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Ward
Other creatures you control get +0/+2 and have Ward .
The picard maneuver , : create a token that's a copy of target creature or artifact you control. That permanent gains haste, "prevent all damage this permanent would deal", and "this permanent must be blocked, if able".
"Engage."
2/4

Captain Benjamin Sisko 1WB
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
USS Defiant - Creatures attacking your opponents can't be the target of spells or abilities not controlled by you or their controller.
Whenever one or more creatures deal damage to an opponents, create a treasure token.
In the pale moonlight Sacrifice a creature and a treasure token: goad target creature.
"The most damning thing of all is that I can live with it."
3/3

Captain Kathryn Janeway 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
Voyage through the delta quadrant - Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it explores.
Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may return target artifact card with lesser mana value from your graveyard to your hand. When you do, Captain Kathryn Janeway deals damage to each opponent equal to the difference between their mana values. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"If we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human."
2/2

Captain James T. Kirk RGW
Legendary Creature - Human Scout
xrrr, : Gain control of target creature with mana value X until end of turn. Untap that creature, it gains haste.
xggg, : Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature with X power.
XWWW, , exert Captain James T. Kirk: Create X 1/1 white soldier creature tokens. X can't be greater than the number of creatures you control.
"What does god need with a starship?"
2/4

IIW: Sagas
Captain Picard is flavorful! That may be too much ward and defense bonus for the rate, but each element of the card is on point.
I'll admit that my knowledge of DS9 is limited - we mostly just watched TNG or Voyager when I was young. I'll take you at your word on the interpretation of Sisko, but the suite of abilities is definitely white-black.
I appreciate Janeway as red-green, and this is a really fun interpretation of her. I'd definitely try this out, and it gives players of Meria, Scholar of Antiquity another strong card in the toolbox (or an alternate commander!).
Kirk having three X abilities is cool, and all of these definitely fit within his wheelhouse.
Overall well done, although this would probably be best suited as its own product of Star Trek captains across the various shows.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Keeta
Legendary Creature — Skeleton Soldier {R}
Dash BB
Menace
When Captain Keeta dies, return it to the battlefield transformed.
"I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame..."
4/1

//

Captain's Hat
Legendary Artifact — Equipment {R}
Equipped creature is a Skeleton, gets +2/+2, and has menace and "Other Skeleton creatures you control get +1/+1."
Equip 2
"... And convey a message to my men. Tell them the war has ended..."

IIW: banned in france
I'm going to start by admitting that the only Zelda game that I've ever played is A Link Between Worlds. That said, I know of Captain Keeta, and I very much like this set of abilities. Clocking in for an evasive 4 every turn closes the game quick, but blocking is a risky proposition here! I like this card a lot, and hope it would excite players who love Zelda and/or just love Skeleton tribal!
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Amelia Smollett 1WUR
Legendary Creature - Leonin Soldier Pilot
First Strike, Haste
Whenever Captain Amelia Smollett becomes tapped, you may draw a card. If you don't Captain Amelia Smollett deals damage equal to her power to a creature an opponent controls.
3/1

IIW: Cards depicting nature that is locally around you. If you don't feel comfortable sharing that then Cards from the Arctic Circle
Ooh, Treasure Planet! This may run into the same licensing issue as Captain America, but overall this seems like a fitting interpretation of the character. We'd have to change her to "Cat Soldier Pilot" for the final print run, but I'd hope that players would be excited about such a neat Jeskai cat captain.
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
O Captain! My Captain!
Instant
Untap X tapped creatures you control, where X is the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost.

Hmm, this doesn't quite fit our vision of this product, but it is still on-theme. What did you envision for the flavor of this? We'd definitely want to tie it into something so that we can excite players about Universes Beyond. The flavor of the effect ties very nicely into the name, though.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Have some firefly/serenity characters:

Mal Reynolds, Heart of Gold RWB
Legendary Creature — Human Pirate (R)
Flash
When Mal Reynolds enters the battlefield, choose a creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard. Exile it. You may cast it for as long as it remains exiled. It enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
: Mal Reynolds deals damage equal to its power to target attacking creature.
2/2

Wash, Ship's Pilot URW
Legendary Creature — Human Pilot (U)
Wash, Ship's Pilot crews Vehicles as though its power were 2 greater.
Whenever Wash crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gains hexproof and skulk until end of turn. (Vehicles with skulk can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.)
2/3

IIW: biohazards
Mal! This is a cool interpretation of this character, and it opens up some gameplay that I don't really think is currently available. Plus, I've always wanted to see Nathan Fillion on a Magic card. Does Wash qualify as a captain? I'm not sure, but the abilities are on point, and I'd love to play him in a Vehicle deck.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Captain Li Shang 2WW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier {R}
Mentor (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking creature with lesser power.)
Whenever Captain Li Shang attacks, if it doesn't mentor any creature, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain first strike until end of turn.
"I'll make a man out of you!"
4/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
this template is bad but i need to go knead some bread so that'll have to do for now
IIW: pulpy
Captain Li Shang! Another Disney licensing issue, but I like the additional trigger for once he's properly mentored everyone. I'm also not sure of the best template for this, but it's a cool way to not feel bad once your other creatures are bigger.

HMs: Mergatroid_Jones for Captain Planet, chetoos for Captain Kathryn Janeway, Megiddo for Captain Keeta
Winner: spacemonaut for Mal Reynolds
Next: biohazards
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

I did forget for the picard maneuver token to go away at end step, but it's supposed to

Megiddo
MEG

not that it matters but
MEG

VariousBoots

Post by VariousBoots » 1 year ago

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
O Captain! My Captain!
Instant

Hmm, this doesn't quite fit our vision of this product, but it is still on-theme. What did you envision for the flavor of this? We'd definitely want to tie it into something so that we can excite players about Universes Beyond. The flavor of the effect ties very nicely into the name, though.
Eh, flavor I was going for was a Dead Poet's Society/Robin Williams reference.

But anywho, on to the next one:

Uncontrollable Pathogen
Enchantment (R)
Flash
When Uncontrollable Contagion enters the battlefield, put a -1/-1 counter on X target creatures an opponent controls.
Creatures with -1/-1 counters on them have infect.

IIW: Something strange to be growing in your garden.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
not that it matters but
Come on it's only an hour and a half-long movie, it's not like you made a card from The Godfather
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
I honestly thought it was an Abe Lincoln themed card based on the original poem subject
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Ogre's Flatulence 1B
Sorcery
All creatures get -1/-1 until the end of your next turn.
If you control an Ogre, draw a card.

IIW: Dinosaurs
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

someBODY ONCE TOLD ME
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
not that it matters but
Come on it's only an hour and a half-long movie, it's not like you made a card from The Godfather
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
I honestly thought it was an Abe Lincoln themed card based on the original poem subject
hey I also had to play a whole video game, ok?
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Mass of Unspeakable Horror 2BB
Creature- Horror Ooze (U)
Menace, deathtouch
When a creature dies, if Mass of Unspeakable Horror dealt damage to it this turn, that creature's controller loses 3 life.
2/6

IIW: The monster at rest

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Did someone say Biohazard?

T-Virus Outbreak
{U}{B}{B}{R}
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, if it isn't a Zombie, create a tapped 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
Whenever a Zombie you control dies, if it isn't a Mutant, create a 3/2 Zombie Mutant creature token with double strike named Licker that is blue, black and red.

IIW: MtG villains being incredibly petty
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
someBODY ONCE TOLD ME
not that it

Entropic Infection 1UB
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature and its controller loses 1 life.
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to a creature, create a token that's a copy of Entropic Infection attached to that creature.

IIW: roots or toots or pointing or shooting
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

The Biolizard 1GW
Legendary Creature - Lizard {R}
The Biolizard enters the battlefield with two shield counters on it. (If it would be dealt damage or destroyed, remove a shield counter from it instead.)
At the beginning of your end step, if The Biolizard has no shield counters on it, create two 0/2 red Egg creature tokens. Then if you both own and control The Biolizard and an artifact named Space Colony ARK, exile them, then meld them into The Finalhazard.
4/4

IIW: touching grass
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Burden 1BB
Sorcery (R)
Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature.
//
Betray 3UB
Sorcery (R)
Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)
Each player sacrifices two creatures, then gain control of each creature with a -1/-1 counter on it.

IIW: A somber tale of betrayal
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

Ludevic's Dumpsite
Land (C)
T: Add C. If your graveyard has fewer than five cards in it, mill 1.
Some corpses, even the birds won't touch.

Megiddo
MEG

Environmental Advokist 1W
Creature - Human Advisor {U}
Abilities of artifact tokens cost an additional 1 to activate.
If an artifact would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
2/3

IIW: flavor text
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”