The Reaver Cleaver treasure creation trigger

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Working on a The Beamtown Bullies deck that uses Assault Suit, Bazaar Trader, etc. to give away critters. I only recently learned that the owner of Sword of the Animist gets the land search trigger, not the controller of the equipped creature.

So, my question. If I equip The Reaver Cleaver to a creature and give it away, who gets the treasure token trigger? It's hard to tell (at least to my dumb brain) if the trigger is an ability granted to the equipped creature or native to the equipment.

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
The Reaver Cleaver uses the words "and has" and quotation marks, so it grants a triggered ability to its equipped creature. This means that the controller of that creature at the time it deals combat damage to a player or PW will control the triggered ability.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The Reaver Cleaver uses the words "and has" and quotation marks, so it grants a triggered ability to its equipped creature. This means that the controller of that creature at the time it deals combat damage to a player or PW will control the triggered ability.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Perfect! Thanks for saving me $12!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”