Multiple Tributes to the World Tree

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

I'm building a Calix, Guided by Fate deck and plan to include Tribute to the World Tree. Now I'm wondering what will happen if I control two of them and a 2/2 creature enters the battlefield. Obviously the first Tribute trigger will give two +1/+1 counters, but what does the second trigger give? Counters or a card?

Accepted Answer

by emily » 1 year ago
As each individual trigger resolves, it checks the stats of the creature. Say you cast a Grizzly Bears while you have two out.
1) Grizzly Bears enters as a 2/2
2) Both copies of Tribute to the World Tree trigger (you choose order, though this is largely irrelevant)
3) First trigger resolves and sees that the Grizzly Bears is a 2/2, and thus puts two +1/+1 counters on it
4) Second trigger resolves and sees that the Grizzly Bears is now a 4/4, and thus draws a card
Go to full post

emily
No TERFs on Gruul Turf
Answers: 1
Pronoun: she / her

Post by emily » 1 year ago

As each individual trigger resolves, it checks the stats of the creature. Say you cast a Grizzly Bears while you have two out.
1) Grizzly Bears enters as a 2/2
2) Both copies of Tribute to the World Tree trigger (you choose order, though this is largely irrelevant)
3) First trigger resolves and sees that the Grizzly Bears is a 2/2, and thus puts two +1/+1 counters on it
4) Second trigger resolves and sees that the Grizzly Bears is now a 4/4, and thus draws a card
Spelled with a lowercase "e". Formerly master_of_the_universe on MTGsalvation. Two time DCC champ (06/21, 07/21).

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”