NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Loran's Bauble 0
Artifact (U)
T, Sacrifice Loran's Bauble. Choose up to one card in target player's graveyard. That player shuffles that card into their library. Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.

IIW: Legendary one-drops

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Dragon's Pearl
Artifact (U)
When Dragon's Pearl enters the battlefield, surveil 1.
T: Add one mana of any color. If you control a Dragon, surveil 1.
Dragon kidney stones and gallstones fetch a high price, thanks to clever marketing.

Alternate flavor text: "You want my what?" -Palladia Mors

IIW: Non-companion versions of the companion cycle from Ikoria
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Post by avatarz » 1 year ago

Lavish Miniature 0
Artifact (U)
1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Servo artifact creature until end of turn.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, draw a card.

IIW: A perfectly normal card *wink*

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Vasily the Tinkerer UU
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer(R)
Tinkerer (If Vasily is your commander, before the game starts, shuffle a face down pile of token-counters, numbered 1 to 6. To tinker, get the top one. Pay 1 as a sorcery to put it on a creature. Reveal its ability any time. If it leaves the battlefield, shuffle it back into the pile.)
Whenever Vasily enters the battlefield or attacks, tinker.
2/2

Token-counters are just counters, but using card-like objects. That way you can shuffle them into a pile, and keep their ability hidden until you choose to reveal it. The commander product with Vasily would come with the 6 counters as reminder cards.

Vasily's Trinkets
1 Scissors +2/+0
2 Mallet +1/+1
3 Helmet +0/+2
5 Memento - When this creature dies, draw a card.
5 Escape Boots - Flying. This creature can't fight.
6 Extra Arms - Wide (this creature has menace, and may block as if it was two creatures.)

IIW: newish movies

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Lightning round because I am about to be without a computer for a while.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Loran's Bauble 0
Artifact (U)
T, Sacrifice Loran's Bauble. Choose up to one card in target player's graveyard. That player shuffles that card into their library. Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.

IIW: Legendary one-drops
Another in the Mishra's/Urza's bauble cycle. Unlike the others, this one has some real utility in a reasonable amount of situations. I like that it *feels* innocuous though.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Dragon's Pearl
Artifact (U)
When Dragon's Pearl enters the battlefield, surveil 1.
T: Add one mana of any color. If you control a Dragon, surveil 1.
Dragon kidney stones and gallstones fetch a high price, thanks to clever marketing.

Alternate flavor text: "You want my what?" -Palladia Mors

IIW: Non-companion versions of the companion cycle from Ikoria
Lol
Mmm, Mana Geode but make it Tarkir-style? I like that.
1 year ago
Lavish Miniature 0
Artifact (U)
1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Servo artifact creature until end of turn.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, draw a card.

IIW: A perfectly normal card *wink*
I might just make this "dies" but I kinda like it. It's cute.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Vasily the Tinkerer UU
Tinkerer (If Vasily is your commander, before the game starts, shuffle a face down pile of token-counters, numbered 1 to 6. To tinker, get the top one. Pay 1 as a sorcery to put it on a creature. Reveal its ability any time. If it leaves the battlefield, shuffle it back into the pile.)
2/2

Token-counters are just counters, but using card-like objects. That way you can shuffle them into a pile, and keep their ability hidden until you choose to reveal it. The commander product with Vasily would come with the 6 counters as reminder cards.

Vasily's Trinkets
1 Scissors +2/+0
2 Mallet +1/+1
3 Helmet +0/+2
6 Extra Arms - Wide (this creature has menace, and may block as if it was two creatures.)

I literally am being pulled away from the computer so I don't have time to judge this rn, sorry. I will revisit in the future.

Winner: Avatarz
Next: A perfectly normal card *wink*
MEG

Juancu

Reckless Stromseeker 2R
Creature - Human Warrior Werewolf (R)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains haste until end of turn.
Daybound (If a player casts no spells during their own turn, it becomes night next turn.)
3/4>
2/3
--
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Zoroab.jpg

Sporegorger_Dragon

Regular Human
1{W}
Creature - Giant Dwarf (C)
2/2
"Hello, fellow human! Let us build houses, out in the open!"

False Manticore
3{B}{B}
Creature - Lion Bat Scorpion (U)
Flying, deathtouch
3/2

Bicol Nolas
4{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
When Bicol Nolas enters the battlefield, if it was cast, discard your hand, then draw seven cards.
7/7
"Who is this 'Bolas' you speak of?"

EDIT: I'm so sorry

Nicol-Ascage
3{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, trample
When Nicol-Ascage attacks, choose one you haven't chosen last turn-
-Create two 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch named Bee.
-Gain control of target Construct, Scarecrow, or Vehicle.
-Create two Treasure tokens.
6/6
Such is The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

IIW: Put a petal counter

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

[Ginnizar,] True Innocent 1WW
[Legendary] Creature- Human (U)
Cleave W (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Lifelink, Vigilance
[Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Ginnizar, True Innocent.
When Ginnizar, True Innocent deals combat damage to a player, choose a number between 0 and 2. You and that that player each draw that many cards.]
1/1

[Alna,] Spiketail Handler 2UU
[Legendary] Creature- Human Wizard (U)
Cleave 2U (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
When this creature enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Drake creature token with flying and "Sacrifice this creature: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1."
[Sacrifice Alna, Spiketail Handler: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 4.]
1/2

[Gruuka,] Spouting Giant 1GGGG
[Legendary] Creature- Plant Giant (U)
Cleave 3G (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Trample
[When Gruuka, Sprouting Giant attacks, double her power and toughness until end of turn.
Gruuka, Sprouting Giant has hexproof as long as it is untapped.]
4/4

[Tyrzaram,] Hell Ghoul BB
[Legendary] Creature- Zombie (U)
Cleave 3BB (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Menace, deathtouch
[When Tyrzaram, Hell Ghoul enters the battlefield, sacrifice another creature, discard a card, and lose 1 life. If you can't, return Tyrzaram to its owner's hand.]
4/4

[Zirn,] Reckless Pirate [King] 2RR
[Legendary] Creature- Human Pirate (U)
Cleave 2R (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Trample, Haste
[When Zirn, Reckless Reckless King deals combat damage to a player, create a colorless artifact Treasure token and a 1/1 red Pirate creature token.]
2/2

The set would come with punch-out cards that would say "cleaved" the same way Amonkhet had for exerted. Cause that's how they do things.

IIW: Roll 3D6 and design a corresponding card:
3D6
Show
Hide
1st roll is for color:
1= White. 2= Blue. 3= Black. 4=Red. 5=Green. 6= Colorless.

2nd roll is for card type:
1= Creature. 2= Enchantment. 3= Artifact. 4= Instant. 5= Sorcery. 6= Planeswalker or Battle.

3rd roll is for mana value. Just use the number you roll.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

I am back, so I will look at this one a little more in depth.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Vasily the Tinkerer UU
2/2

Vasily's Trinkets
1 Scissors +2/+0
2 Mallet +1/+1
3 Helmet +0/+2

I won't go on at length about the "token-counters" concept here; just to say that I'm skeptical that this can't be done with existing technology. The concept is fun! One offbeat suggestion: Make it blue-red so that the fans of randomness can incorporate other things like coin flipping cards or whatever in there.
MEG

Juancu

Hero.jpg
The Hero's Trial
Battle
When The Hero's Trial is defeated, flip it.
--
˙ɹǝʍoԀ ɟo ʇɔǝɾqO ǝɥ⊥ ɯɹoɟsuɐɹ⊥ ˙ʇsoɔ ɐuɐɯ sʇı ƃuıʎɐd ʇnoɥʇıʍ puɐɥ ɹnoʎ ɯoɹɟ llǝds ɐ ʇsɐɔ ʎɐɯ no⅄ :⊥
ʇɔɐɟıʇɹ∀ ʎɹɐpuǝƃǝ˥
ɹǝʍoԀ ɟo ʇɔǝɾqO ǝɥ⊥

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Thran Glowstone 2
Artifact (U)
G, : Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
2G, , Sacrifice Thran Glowstone: Creatures you control get +3/+3 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on each of them.

This Dominaria: Flashpoint flashback set looks at new archaeological discoveries of the ancient Thran world. Select cards can come in a Thran Foil™ finish, making them glow in the dark and glow in the day due to genuine cherenkov radiation from a layer of enriched uranium salt mixed into the foil layer! Each collector booster pack is lead-lined and guaranteed to contain one Thran Foil.

IIW: biohazards

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
This Dominaria: Flashpoint flashback set looks at new archaeological discoveries of the ancient Thran world. Select cards can come in a Thran Foil™ finish, making them glow in the dark and glow in the day due to genuine cherenkov radiation from a layer of enriched uranium salt mixed into the foil layer! Each collector booster pack is lead-lined and guaranteed to contain one Thran Foil.
genuinely the most exciting foil treatment yet
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Turbo Blitz 3R
Emblem
Spells cost 2 less to cast.
Activated abilities cost 2 less to activate.

IIW: Cards designed based on where you are in the world. ( if you don't feel comfortable sharing then Magic: Wild Wild West)
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Thran Glowstone 2

There are three horrifying but hilarious implications:

1-The powerstones are like that because they're radioactive.
2-Mishra became like that because of radiation poisoning.
3-Urza is like that because his brain is constantly being absolutely blasted by the radiation from his powerstone eyes, like a greasy ham in a microwave set on high.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
There are three horrifying but hilarious implications:

1-The powerstones are like that because they're radioactive.
2-Mishra became like that because of radiation poisoning.
3-Urza is like that because his brain is constantly being absolutely blasted by the radiation from his powerstone eyes, like a greasy ham in a microwave set on high.
This is uh. all canon

The urza thing is maybe just an implication, but phthisis caused by powerstones helped along the fall of the thran empire even if yawgz falsely diagnosed his political enemies with it as well
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

now i am become death, destroyer of planes
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Konrad's Lantern 1B
Legendary Artifact - Equipment {R}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has "Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, that player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life."
Equip 2

IIW: more horrifying but hilarious implications
MEG

Juancu

Rush Time 3UU
Instant (R)
Remove all time counters. Add lore counters to each saga until it reaches its final chapter. When all spells and abilities have resolved, end the turn.

Post by avatarz » 1 year ago

Oh god, I didn't notice I won. I can't judge right now, so I'll try later or eventually confide in our beloved, trustworthy host: Megiddo

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

@Megiddo
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

sad!
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

I will do this tomorrow morning, so feel free to try to bury me in entries if you like.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Like the 6ers are gonna bury the damn Celts this series

Sporegorger_Dragon

1 year ago
Oh god, I didn't notice I won. I can't judge right now, so I'll try later or eventually confide in our beloved, trustworthy host: Megiddo
I do hope you pass by later when you're free and explain exactly what you meant with your prompt :grin:

Honeydew Collecting
2{G}
Sorcery (C)
Choose one-
-For every two creatures you control that are each an Insect and a Plant, create a Food token.
-You gain 1 life for each creature token you control.
The sweet excrement of sap-feeding lerps and scale insects provides tasty sustenance for many.

Alternate flavor text:
"Don't think about what it is, just enjoy the sweetness." -Nissa, to Chandra

Sporeherd
2{G}
Creature - Fungus (U)
Whenever Sporeherd deals or is dealt damage, create a green Fungus tribal token.
Sporeherd gets +1/+1 for each other Fungus you control.
2/3

Time Dilation
3{U}{U}
Enchantment (R)
Each player can cast instants and activate abilities only any time they could cast a sorcery.
Each player can cast sorceries as though they had flash.
"Um, oops?" -Teferi

Note: this does work, since the sorceries are not restricted by the first ability.

IIW: Put a petal counter
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Eater of Truth BB
Creature - Horror (R)
If a conditional effect is checked on resolution, and it's "if" statement is true, put a +1/+1 counter on Eater of Truth, and that statement becomes false. This replacement occurs only once each turn.
2/2

Kanna, Tantalizing Companion 1U
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
When Kanna enters the battlefield, reveal a card you own from outside the game, and keep it aside. As long as you control Kanna, treat that card as if it was the third card from the top of your library. (It can't change position. Only get to it by milling 3 or more cards, drawing 3 or more cards, or finding it while searching your library.)
2/1
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”