The Shattered Realm: Creative

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Since we've got a soltari name already, might as well use it -- Soltari names could have lots of vowels, particularly long ones (ee, oo, ae, ai, etc.).

The dauthi feel like they could have a lot of dental consonants (n, t, th, d) -- the whole word is formed at the front of the mouth.

The thalakos seem more sibillant -- words that sound like they're being hissed.

slimytrout

Because I a) love maps and b) apparently hate finishing my thesis, I used illustrator to mock up a cartoon cross-section of the Shattered Realm to use as a reference, doing my best to synthesize various discussions that have taken place in this thread previously. Super open to suggestions on additions, edits, deletions, etc., but figured it would be good to be working from the same starting place for card concepts and names.
Attachments
shattered.png

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

That's awesome! Thanks for making this, this is pretty much exactly how I pictured the world looking like in my head.

Sidenote: This is also perfect for illustrating why the Soltari are arrogant... *searches for the right word* fellows. :)
Last edited by Venedrex 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Love this, love the place names, only thing for me is to add more (whether or not they get drawn on the map).
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
That's awesome! Thanks for making this, this is pretty much exactly how I pictured the world looking like in my head.

Sidenote: This is also perfect for illustrating why the Soltari are arrogant... *searches for the right word* fellows. :)
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Love this, love the place names, only thing for me is to add more (whether or not they get drawn on the map).
Thank you both! Happy to add stuff! Didn't want to fill in the whole map on my own... ;)

(Also can share the illustrator file if people want to make edits themselves.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The region in which Tithinna is located is the only capital region with no name associated with it! My name submission for it is the Torc of Night - by analogy of it being a semicircle of dark "jewels" of land girding the under-edge of the Warp.

Would also love to write a little something about each capital.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Ooh, that's very sweet. One thing that is largely irrelevant but which I thought was cool is that the Dauthi region would be mostly dark during the day when the sun was overhead, but would actually be illuminated a bit at both dusk and dawn because of the low solar angle - could be fun to play around with that in some card names.

By the way, I wasn't intending for the High Meadows to include Aineerie -- I figured the former would be associated with WG while the latter is obviously RW. And yeah, some scene-setting would be awesome!

I also came up with a new region since I made the map: the Stonewood (RG). It's a group of rocks that are covered in petrified trees, and the rocks (and therefore the trees) are tilted at crazy angles.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Some ideas for names for glorifiy.

They might be bad, but just throwing them out for consideration. :)

Infuse/Infusion
Inscribe/Inscription
Imbue/Aspect
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

slimytrout

Infuse/infusion is my favorite of those options. What about inspire/inspiration?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”