Chun Li Question

The Desacrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by The Desacrator » 1 year ago

Chun-Li, Countless Kicks

So when I cast stuff off of her do I pay the mana costs on those spells or is it free?

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 1 year ago
You would need to pay for the spell copies you want to cast. If they were free, she would say "without paying their mana cost(s)"
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 128

Post by WizardMN » 1 year ago

You would need to pay for the spell copies you want to cast. If they were free, she would say "without paying their mana cost(s)"

The Desacrator

Thought so. Thanks

The Desacrator

Another question. When can I cast those spells? Only in combat ? On my opponents turn? It doesn't say. On the card.

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 1 year ago

The Desacrator wrote:
1 year ago
Another question. When can I cast those spells? Only in combat? On my opponent's turn? It doesn't say. On the card.
The very last sentence is your permission window. "You may cast those cards." So right now, during the resolution of this ability, not later, there is no time frame such as until end of turn. It's now or never. If never, the copies cease to exist immediately after.

Look to similar cards for an example Chandra, Torch of Defiance. " Exile the top card of your library. You may cast that card." That is the permission window, as the ability resolves.

The Desacrator

Got it. Great, thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”