Ulka's Merciless Rage League Decklist

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

My Playgroup is going a League where we start off with the base decks of the commander 2019 and each week depending on our placement we will be able to replace a certain amount of cards from the deck. This is my thread to track all of my changes.
Decklist

Planeswalker (1)

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Current Thoughts:
Need to increase mana rocks and add more recursion.
Madness cards while cool are often weaker so may lower that number a tad.
Vampires could be a fun subtheme to add.
Need 1-2 more board wipes
need 2-3 pieces of gravehate

Card that will be included in future changes:
Value upgrades
Talisman of Indulgence
Extractor Demon
stinkweed imp
Cauldron Dance
Dreadbore
Fire Covenant
Torrent of Souls

Vampire Package:
Stensia Masquerade
Cordial Vampire
Dark Impostor
Bloodtracker
Patron of the Vein
Stromkirk Condemned
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ulka

The first two games of the league went well. I ended in 2nd place in the first game. This means I got to do the free land swap for places 2-4 and then the 3 cards for 2nd place.

We all swapped Sol ring for a signet.
sol ring > rakdos signet: one of the best mana rocks available and we all swapped sol ring out for free.
cinder barrens > Foreboding Ruins: In the base deck this seems like the best land swap outside of dragonskull summit but i didn't have one on me for the 2nd game.
aeon engine > Living death: Board Wipe and also recursion. can't complain.
Hedonist's trove > Wheel of Fortune: I had a wheel sitting around and Magus of the wheel was an amazing card in game 1.
Sanitarium skeleton > Anger: I'd prefer top discard this every time.

Ulka

Game 2:

I ended Placing 3rd. I ended up at 1 life after facing down several waves of tokens and moprhs so I pulled a boneyard parley and got bloodhall preist to ping myself.

For 3rd place I get my free landswap and 4 cards to swap in the deck.
Swaps:
armillary sphere > Tortured Existance: The ability to swap the madness creautres ifor creatures in the yard is a great value engine. With my decks engine of trying to find squee this gives me a back up anje falkenrath

greven, predator captain > olivia, mobilzied by war: With the deck's innistrad t feel, I plan to lean into the vampires aspect of the deck. With my future inclusion of Falkenrath Gorger, the vampire theme will be a great choice I think to get a decent. And who better to add the OG Vampire Queen of Innstrad: Olivia. Her second card really leans into the discard aspect of the deck and I love it for an addition.

scaretiller > Oliva Voldaren: Speak of the Olivia and her orginal card appears. While scaretiller is.... neat(?) I feel Olivia is a better fit. While she isnt a very standard bomb in edh, the base deck has 40 lands so I often have a bit of mana sitting around. This should enable some fun politics while also enabling late game me to take good threat or two.

Bloodthristy Blade > Sickening Dream: Madeness Enabling Boardwipe. Can't hate on a solid card that has some multifacueted uses. Also the blade was very lack luster.

Land Swap:
Rakdos Guildgate > Path of Ancestry: Im leaning in to the vampires aspect so I felt the scry function may help me dig a bit deeper while the etb tapped feels like an alright sacrafice as the guildgate is already etbs tapped.

Ulka

Game 3:

Game 3 lasted a total of 10 turns. I died first to 5 rhinos trampling over on turn 7. I was stuck on 4 lands and 3 of those were in my opener. It was rough but it happens.

Swaps:
Hate Mirage > Falkenrath Gorger: VAMPIRES!!!! Giving all vamps madness will be key to helping the my aggro stratagy.

Mire in Misery > Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet: Giving myself some gravehate, lifelink and a zombie generator will be a great addition for a peice of removal I never felt was worth casting.

Boneyard Parley > Balthor, the Defiled: Yea I love Balthor. In rakdos a return all creatures ability is huge espically when I can loot my creautres to the yard prior. Even the Minion boost is relevant in this deck.

The Eldest Reborn > Stromkirk Condemned : A discard outlet, Vampire boost, and the fact its low CMC to help the aggro plan makes it a solid replacement.

Rakdos Locket > Animate Dead: A classic reanimation spell. The locket is very meh in the deck and the animate will be useful with how many wraths myself and the Jeskai deck keep seeming to need to pack.

Akoum Refuge > Dragonskull Summit: The landswap. Solid fixing and comes into play untapped 95% of the time. Much better.

Ulka

Game 4:

I placed 2nd!!! We all died to the morph deck drawing 3 cards off each morph...

faith of the devoted > Consume the Meek: I need Boardwipes. The Morph and Token decks are winning way more than any other decks at the moment. Boardwipes are best to deal with these decks.

Malevolent Whispers> Blood artist: As Im going to cleaning the board up frequently, the Death triggers will give me life and be able to drain a threatening player nicely.

Champion of Stray Souls > Blaspheous Act: More Boardwipes. The ability to clear the board is going to be helpful. I may be over-stocking the boardwipes but I can use Anje to filter out the boardwipes if not needed.

Nightshade Assassin > Damnation: You guessed it. MORE BOARDWIPES. Im tried of the morph deck jsut going wide all game.

Skyfire Pheonix > Whip of Erebos: So I found Im dying becasue Im paying with my life rather than blocking due to the blocking never profiting with trampling rhinos. Give my self lifelink and a reanimator source will be helpful in changing this pattern.

Mortuary Mire > Luxury Suite: More fixing is needed as most of my decks fixing is slow.

Ulka

Game 5:

I don't remember how this game went to be honest. I do remember my boardwipes got countered twice...

Replacements
Wildfire Devils > Fellwar Stone: I need Mana Rocks to help the deck run smoother. The Fellwar stone is easy fixing and the devils just always play very meh.

Alchemist's Greeting > Decree of Pain: Yea we need boardwipes. Morph and Tokens have become waaay to strong. This also can be cycled to clear out Morphs without opening up myself to a counterspell morph.

K'rrik, son of Yawgmoth > Biting Rain: Another Boardwipe but instead of being "uncounterable" it has madness which will allow Anje dig for other things to follow up.

bloodfell Caves > Bloodstained Mire: Adding a on-color fetch to give myself the ability to add the Shock on the next land swap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”