NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Lamprey Drake 3U
Creature - Drake Eel (U)
You may cast Lamprey Drake for B if you control a non-spirit dragon.
Flash, Flying
Dragon creatures have -1/-1 and "R: This creature deals 1 damage to each creature and player."
2/3

IIW: if artifacts always had more subtypes, like book, staff, building, etc.

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Grixis Drake (I really don't have a better name for this thing, it's from the actual Alara shard, it's a drake, what do you want from me?) 2UBR
Creature - Drake
flying
Whenever you cast a creature spell from your graveyard or a creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, you may mill a card. Put a +1/+1 counter on that creature if the milled card is a creature card.
Once during your turn, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard by removing a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control in addition to paying its other costs.
Unearth 1UBR
3/3

IIW: Unfinity, or Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Mindrazer Drake 1{U/R}B
Creature — Skeleton Drake (U)
Flying
Whenever a player draws a card, that player loses 1 life.
Whenever Mindrazer Drake deals combat damage to a player, each other player draws that many cards.
1/2

IIW: invader zim

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Drake 2U
Creature — Drake {U}
Flying
2/2
//
Kill Man BR
Instant {U}
Destroy target creature.

IIW: tbd
MEG

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

Sedraxis Drake UBR
Creature - Zombie Drake
Flying, Haste,
Sacrifice a nonundead creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on Sedraxis Drake (Skeletons, Specters, Vampires, Wraiths, and Zombies are undead.)
Sacrifice four creatures: Return Sedraxis Drake from your graveyard to the battlefield, play this ability only during your upkeep.
2/3

IIW: Welcome to the Jungle.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Have to do a quick judging!
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Lamprey Drake 3U
Creature - Drake Eel (U)
You may cast Lamprey Drake for B if you control a non-spirit dragon.
Flash, Flying
Dragon creatures have -1/-1 and "R: This creature deals 1 damage to each creature and player."
2/3

IIW: if artifacts always had more subtypes, like book, staff, building, etc.
Interesting! This presumably latches onto Dragon! I can't help but feel there is a way to break that second ability, even though activating it too much will eventually kill the drake, the dragon and even you.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Grixis Drake (I really don't have a better name for this thing, it's from the actual Alara shard, it's a drake, what do you want from me?) 2UBR
Creature - Drake
flying
Whenever you cast a creature spell from your graveyard or a creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, you may mill a card. Put a +1/+1 counter on that creature if the milled card is a creature card.
Once during your turn, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard by removing a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control in addition to paying its other costs.
Unearth 1UBR
3/3

IIW: Unfinity, or Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia.
A much bigger drake than usual. Interesting build-around-me card. My concern is as worded, the first ability only puts a counter on the creature if it entered from graveyard, because the creature hasn't resolved by the time the triggered ability does. Was this your intent?
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Mindrazer Drake 1{U/R}B
Creature — Skeleton Drake (U)
Flying
Whenever a player draws a card, that player loses 1 life.
Whenever Mindrazer Drake deals combat damage to a player, each other player draws that many cards.
1/2

IIW: invader zim
Ooh, Skeleton Drake! A clear link to Nekusar. Interesting that the defending player doesn't draw any cards, and the life loss is symmetrical.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Drake 2U
Creature — Drake {U}
Flying
2/2
//
Kill Man BR
Instant {U}
Destroy target creature.

IIW: tbd
Creative take on the prompt, however needs work on the name :rofl:
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
Sedraxis Drake UBR
Creature - Zombie Drake
Flying, Haste,
Sacrifice a nonundead creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on Sedraxis Drake (Skeletons, Specters, Vampires, Wraiths, and Zombies are undead.)
Sacrifice four creatures: Return Sedraxis Drake from your graveyard to the battlefield, play this ability only during your upkeep.
2/3

We've got the making of Grixis Aristocrats here. This does make me a little sad; this will not be able to use all the Grixis zombie tokens to grow, although they're fair game for the second ability.

It's close between cheetos and Krishnath, so I think I'll give it to cheetos primarily for the naming of Grixis Drake (I really don't have a better name for this thing, it's from the actual Alara shard, it's a drake, what do you want from me?)

Next:
Unfinity, or Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

I leaned *heavily* into the flavor of Grixis with my entry. Pretty much all bigger creatures of the shard are undead, the few living creatures tend to be either humanoids or tiny. Everything else has been drained of all life a long time ago. It's only because the Necromancers figured out how to drain Vis to power their spells without killing the subject they drained it from that the Vithians and Ogres aren't extinct as well. Thus I gave the drake the first sacrifice ability to represent it eating living creatures to empower itself. The second sacrifice ability, well, it is Grixis, and it is Sedraxis, so... Yeah.

Anyway, that was my though process. I'll be back later with an entry for this challenge.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

chetoos

I'm just glad my inability to write a good name won me the contest here

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Phyrexia, The Musical! Warning: Audience Participation
Artifact - Attraction (2,3,6)
Visit - Exile target creature for as long as you control Phyrexia, The Musical! or you exile another creature with Phyrexia, The Musical!
2W, T: Visit Phyrexia, The Musical! targeting a creature you control.

Harrowing Carnival
Artifact - Attraction Vehicle (3,4,6)
Visit - Harrowing Carnival gains Crew 2 until end of turn.
Whenever Harrowing Carnival attacks, you may pay 1B. If you do, create a 1/1 black Bat creature with flying. Then each bat you control deals damage equal to its power to a random non-bat target.
4/5

Petting Menagerie
Artifact - Attraction (5,6)
Visit - Scry 2
1G, T: Exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card if it's a creature card.

(Warrior) Princess Dress-Up
Artifact - Equipment Attraction (4,5,6)
Equipped creature has haste and menace
Visit - Put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip 2R

Wax Museum
Artifact - Equipment Attraction (3,4,6)
Visit - Choose one:
* Create a 0/2 blue Construct wax creature token.
* Target wax creature you control becomes a copy of a creature with you control with mana value up to 2 higher, except it's still a wax creature.
2U, Sacrifice a wax creature: Visit Wax Museum.

IIW: dastardly
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 10 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

It's off the Rails! 1BR
Sorcery (M)
For each Attraction you control, visit it, then destroy it.
Most days, the Time Twister coaster and park scenic railroad aren't the same ride.

IIW: Swords and/or axes

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

It's time for me to join in the fun this time, so...

Let's Get This Party Started 2G
Enchantment
If Let's Get This Party Started is in your opening hand, you may reveal it in your first upkeep. If you do, create a 0/1 green Child creature token and a food token.
At the end of each turn, if you sacrificed one or more food tokens, create a 0/1 green Child creature token.
"It's always a party at Oko's Caketorium."

Playtime's Over! 3GG
Sorcery
Put a rampage counter on each Child you control. (A creature with a rampage on it has Rampage 1. A creature with Rampage 1 gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature beyond the first that blocks it. Each instance of Rampage a creature has, triggers individually).
Creatures you control with rampage get +2/+2 and have trample and indestructible until end of turn.
"It's all fun and games until they shut down Oko's Caketorium."¨

Oko's Caketorium
Legendary Land
T: Add G.
2GG, T: Create a food token.
"Notice: We no longer deliver to New Phyrexia, Esper, Grixis, Immersturm, Karfell, or Lorwyn. We thank you for understanding."

Sporegorger_Dragon

______ Prowler
2{R}{R}
Creature - Yeti (C)
4/3
"Do you not ____ the ____ of the ____ ____, _____? Their ____ is as ____ as that of a ____ and their _____ is as ____ as that of a ____. They are ____ ____ ___ ___ ____." -______, the ________

[Colossal] Caterpillar
3{G}
Creature - Insect (U)
2[TIX] , Sacrifice this creature: Create a 1/1 green Insect creature with flying named Butterfly.
When this creature dies, you may put any number of stickers on it onto a creature you control without paying their tickets costs.
3/3

Art shows a massive caterpillar with a butterfly in the background. The butterfly is removable as a sticker.

This is a sticker creature, which can be used as a sticker sheet or as a regular creature in your deck.
It starts out only with its own stickers.
The second ability applies to its own stickers ([Colossal], the ability sticker, and the Butterfly sticker) as well as any additional stickers you stick on it.

IIW: I dunno. Um, blue sea creature?

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Express Pass Holder 1U
Creature — Alien Visitor {U}
When Express Pass Holder enters the battlefield, open an attraction.
Whenever you roll to visit your attractions, if you roll a 1, choose an attraction you control. Visit that attraction.
2/1

non-acorn, if that isn't clear.

IIW: more un
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Kaito, Taking a Break
2{U}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker - Kaito (R)
When Kaito, Taking a Break enters the battlefield, you may put target Attraction card from your graveyard on top of your Attraction deck.
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card. Open an Attraction.
-3: Roll to visit your Attractions.
-7: Visit each opponent's Attractions. When you claim the prize of an opponent's Attraction this way, they sacrifice the Attraction without opening a new one.
<4>

Sarkhan on Holiday
3{R}{R}
Legendary Planeswalker - Sarkhan (R)
Whenever you claim a prize, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
+1: Create a 1/1 red Balloon creature token with flying.
-4: Sacrifice another permanent. Create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.

IIW: Blue sea creature
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Note that the planeswalker vacations don't have to be at the astrotorium. My initial idea for this IIW came from Jace vacationing on Ixalan during the events of the next set there.

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Note that the planeswalker vacations don't have to be at the astrotorium.
Two birds, one stone.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Dave of Planet Dave 2U
Instant Creature- Alien Guest (U)
Dave of Planet Dave enters the stack at the bottom rather than the top. (It will be the last spell or effect on the stack to resolve.)
As long as Dave of Planet Dave is on the stack, all spells on the stack are copies of Dave of Planet Dave. (They enter the battlefield as copies of Dave and remain Dave until they leave the battlefield.)
"Hi Dave." -- Dave of Dave to Dave of Dave
1/2

(not acorn stamped. )

Garruk Aslumber G
Legendary Planeswalker- Garruk (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a loyalty counter on Garruk Aslumber.
{0}: Gain 1 life.
{-3}: Untap up to two target lands.
{1}

Jace in Study 1U
Legendary Planeswalker- Jace (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a loyalty counter on Jace in Study.
{-2}: Draw a card. When Jace in Study abandons you this turn, draw an additional card then discard a card.

IIW: Eyes

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Jace in Study abandons you this turn
With starting loyalty like that, he won't even show up.

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots 4
Artifact Creature - Robot
Slow double strike (This creature deals regular damage and last strike damage.)
3: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
1/4

IIW: Vehicles
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Gatewatch Hotel 2UW
Enchantment (R)
When Gatewatch Hotel enters the battlefield, you get [Tix]. You may then put a sticker on a planeswalker you control.
Whenever you activate an ability of a planeswalker you control, you get [Tix]
At the end of your turn, If you activated three or more planeswalker abilities in that turn, you may put a sticker on a planeswalker you control.
(Art shows Chandra, Nissa, Liliana, and Jace relaxing next to the pool. Kiora's left foot can be seen sticking out of the water. Chandra is holding a glass with some sort of blue and green drink, Lily is looking over her sunglasses at Jace. Jace is trying very hard not to stare at the three beautiful women.)

chetoos

So, you've all come up with new expansions for the Astrotorium for me to pitch to Myra. I'll review each of these, and make sure only the best gets through. We don't want to bog Myra down with anything not worth her time, after all.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Phyrexia, The Musical! Warning: Audience Participation
Artifact - Attraction (2,3,6)
Visit - Exile target creature for as long as you control Phyrexia, The Musical! or you exile another creature with Phyrexia, The Musical!
2W, T: Visit Phyrexia, The Musical! targeting a creature you control.

Harrowing Carnival
Artifact - Attraction Vehicle (3,4,6)
Visit - Harrowing Carnival gains Crew 2 until end of turn.
Whenever Harrowing Carnival attacks, you may pay 1B. If you do, create a 1/1 black Bat creature with flying. Then each bat you control deals damage equal to its power to a random non-bat target.
4/5

Petting Menagerie
Artifact - Attraction (5,6)
Visit - Scry 2
1G, T: Exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card if it's a creature card.

(Warrior) Princess Dress-Up
Artifact - Equipment Attraction (4,5,6)
Equipped creature has haste and menace
Visit - Put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip 2R

Wax Museum
Artifact - Equipment Attraction (3,4,6)
Visit - Choose one:
* Create a 0/2 blue Construct wax creature token.
* Target wax creature you control becomes a copy of a creature with you control with mana value up to 2 higher, except it's still a wax creature.
2U, Sacrifice a wax creature: Visit Wax Museum.

IIW: dastardly
A good spread of new attractions here, certainly something useful inside, but the wax museum does confuse me. Why do the schematics show that it can be turned into a boutonniere?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
It's off the Rails! 1BR
Sorcery (M)
For each Attraction you control, visit it, then destroy it.
Most days, the Time Twister coaster and park scenic railroad aren't the same ride.

IIW: Swords and/or axes
Captain Nebula really needs to stop trying to improve travel time around the park, but at least those guests saw all the attractions we offer.
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
It's time for me to join in the fun this time, so...

Let's Get This Party Started 2G
Enchantment
If Let's Get This Party Started is in your opening hand, you may reveal it in your first upkeep. If you do, create a 0/1 green Child creature token and a food token.
At the end of each turn, if you sacrificed one or more food tokens, create a 0/1 green Child creature token.
"It's always a party at Oko's Caketorium."

Playtime's Over! 3GG
Sorcery
Put a rampage counter on each Child you control. (A creature with a rampage on it has Rampage 1. A creature with Rampage 1 gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature beyond the first that blocks it. Each instance of Rampage a creature has, triggers individually).
Creatures you control with rampage get +2/+2 and have trample and indestructible until end of turn.
"It's all fun and games until they shut down Oko's Caketorium."¨

Oko's Caketorium
Legendary Land
T: Add G.
2GG, T: Create a food token.
"Notice: We no longer deliver to New Phyrexia, Esper, Grixis, Immersturm, Karfell, or Lorwyn. We thank you for understanding."

We actually did have an oko themed food court before, but we had to discontinue it due to unrelated elk rampages.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
______ Prowler
2{R}{R}
Creature - Yeti (C)
4/3
"Do you not ____ the ____ of the ____ ____, _____? Their ____ is as ____ as that of a ____ and their _____ is as ____ as that of a ____. They are ____ ____ ___ ___ ____." -______, the ________

[Colossal] Caterpillar
3{G}
Creature - Insect (U)
2[TIX] , Sacrifice this creature: Create a 1/1 green Insect creature with flying named Butterfly.
When this creature dies, you may put any number of stickers on it onto a creature you control without paying their tickets costs.
3/3

Art shows a massive caterpillar with a butterfly in the background. The butterfly is removable as a sticker.

This is a sticker creature, which can be used as a sticker sheet or as a regular creature in your deck.
It starts out only with its own stickers.
The second ability applies to its own stickers ([Colossal], the ability sticker, and the Butterfly sticker) as well as any additional stickers you stick on it.

IIW: I dunno. Um, blue sea creature?
I like the story of the caterpillar, but I'm not sure that the butterfly shows up quickly enough for the audience to understand the story here.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Express Pass Holder 1U
Creature — Alien Visitor {U}
When Express Pass Holder enters the battlefield, open an attraction.
Whenever you roll to visit your attractions, if you roll a 1, choose an attraction you control. Visit that attraction.
2/1

non-acorn, if that isn't clear.

IIW: more un
My my, this is quite an aggressive guest, but if these are coming, it does mean more money for Myra. Perhaps we will implement a quick pass system.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Kaito, Taking a Break
2{U}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker - Kaito (R)
When Kaito, Taking a Break enters the battlefield, you may put target Attraction card from your graveyard on top of your Attraction deck.
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card. Open an Attraction.
-3: Roll to visit your Attractions.
-7: Visit each opponent's Attractions. When you claim the prize of an opponent's Attraction this way, they sacrifice the Attraction without opening a new one.
<4>

Sarkhan on Holiday
3{R}{R}
Legendary Planeswalker - Sarkhan (R)
Whenever you claim a prize, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
+1: Create a 1/1 red Balloon creature token with flying.
-4: Sacrifice another permanent. Create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.

IIW: Blue sea creature
One minor note is that attractions are sent to the junkyard, not the graveyard, but I believe that both of these walkers would love to visit the park, and perhaps sign over licensing rights to their likenesses.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Dave of Planet Dave 2U
Instant Creature- Alien Guest (U)
Dave of Planet Dave enters the stack at the bottom rather than the top. (It will be the last spell or effect on the stack to resolve.)
As long as Dave of Planet Dave is on the stack, all spells on the stack are copies of Dave of Planet Dave. (They enter the battlefield as copies of Dave and remain Dave until they leave the battlefield.)
"Hi Dave." -- Dave of Dave to Dave of Dave
1/2

(not acorn stamped. )

Garruk Aslumber G
Legendary Planeswalker- Garruk (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a loyalty counter on Garruk Aslumber.
{0}: Gain 1 life.
{-3}: Untap up to two target lands.
{1}

Jace in Study 1U
Legendary Planeswalker- Jace (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a loyalty counter on Jace in Study.
{-2}: Draw a card. When Jace in Study abandons you this turn, draw an additional card then discard a card.

IIW: Eyes
Do not visit planet dave, or wake up Garruk. I'm surprised that Space Beleren is still here, considering that this version doesn't seem very loyal. (Also, Dave should have flash.)
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots 4
Artifact Creature - Robot
Slow double strike (This creature deals regular damage and last strike damage.)
3: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
1/4

IIW: Vehicles
Ah, yes, wonderful, solving the conundrum of how to add the extra strike that we've all been looking for. I am worried about the licensing on these socking robots, so maybe we should adjust the name. Legally distinct, people!
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
Gatewatch Hotel 2UW
Enchantment (R)
When Gatewatch Hotel enters the battlefield, you get [Tix]. You may then put a sticker on a planeswalker you control.
Whenever you activate an ability of a planeswalker you control, you get [Tix]
At the end of your turn, If you activated three or more planeswalker abilities in that turn, you may put a sticker on a planeswalker you control.
(Art shows Chandra, Nissa, Liliana, and Jace relaxing next to the pool. Kiora's left foot can be seen sticking out of the water. Chandra is holding a glass with some sort of blue and green drink, Lily is looking over her sunglasses at Jace. Jace is trying very hard not to stare at the three beautiful women.)

Oh, I love it, the ability to invite more planeswalkers to the astrotorium, giving us a wonderful boost in cross promotion, as well as securing more likeness rights. I'm sure that Myra would love this idea, earning me another raise.

Didn't I say that? Your ideas are now my ideas, legally binding, you should have read the waiver a little better. Ta Ta!

Winner: Krisnath, for combining both prompts into one very interesting card. Terrible in limited, but I can't wait to play my sticker superfriends list (Even if most ability stickers work better on creatures)

Next: Welcome to the Jungle. (Note: Not in the prompt, but fun and games are not guaranteed.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
One minor note is that attractions are sent to the junkyard, not the graveyard
defeated

This is killing me because:

1-I specifically looked up what the Junkyard was called.
2-I mentally made sure to type out "Attraction deck" instead of library.
3-Despite that, I still typed out graveyard. :pensive:

Mergatroid_Jones

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago

I'm surprised that Space Beleren is still here, considering that this version doesn't seem very loyal. (Also, Dave should have flash.)
Ahh yes, I forgot Jace's 1 loyalty. But Dave is an instant creature, so flash would be redundant.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Welcome to Flamingo
We've got forum games
We've got anything you want
As long as it's forum games
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Welcoming Jungle
Land (R)
Welcoming Jungle enters the battlefield tapped unless an opponent controls a nonbasic land.
T: Add G. If this mana is spent to cast a creature spell with mana value 4 or greater, it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

IIW: It's 2016. They've decided to remove Emrakul from the upcoming Shadows Over Innistrad set due to Battle For Zendikar's unpopularity in testing. Something has to replace Emrakul on Innistrad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”