void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

CCL August Finals

"If I Ran the Zoo"

Kird Ape, taken from StarCityGames, by Ken Meyer, Jr. and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Animals Month in the CCL! Time to make designs featuring furry friends, feathered ones, scaly ones, and otherwise.

Challenge
Design five monocolored creature cards. Each of them must be a different color and a different one of these creature types:
• Ape
• Badger
• Crab
• Dinosaur
• Egg
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:
@kwanyeegor-ii
@netn10
Your submissions are tentatively due Wednesday, September 21st, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (August 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (August 10th-17th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due August 19th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (August 28th–31st)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due September 2nd)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (September 7th-10th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due September 12th)
  • Final (September, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Imperial Mount 2W
Creature - Dinosaur (Rare)
Vigilance
Whenever a creature you control explores, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
3/3

Clicking Cancrix 3U
Creature - Crab (Uncommon)
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player mills two cards.
When Clicking Cancrix leaves the battlefield, for each player with eight or more cards in their graveyard, return up to one target nonland permanent that player controls to its owner's hand.
1/4

Sinister Egg 2BB
Creature - Nightmare Egg (Rare)
When Sinister Egg dies, choose one
- Create a 2/2 black Nightmare Dragon creature token with flying, first strike, and "B: This creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn"
- Create a 4/4 black Nightmare Snake creature token with deathtouch and lifelink
0/3

Kird Silverback 5R
Creature - Ape (Uncommon)
Haste
Kird Silverback gets +1/+1 for each land you control that isn't a basic Mountain.
4/5

Secretive Badger 1GG
Creature - Badger (Rare)
Hexproof
When Secretive Badger enters the battlefield, you may have target opponent draw a card. When you do, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.
2/3
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Chicken Egg W
Artifact Creature - Food Egg (Uncommon)
Chicken Egg can't attack or block.
Tap an untapped Chicken you control, Sacrifice Chicken Egg: Create a 2/2 white Chicken creature token.
2, T, Sacrifice Chicken Egg: You gain 3 life.
0/1

Collector of Past's Deeds 2U
Creature - Crab (Mythic)
You may activate t abilities of creatures you own in your graveyard as though as they were on the battlefield.
T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
1/3

Weaponsmith's Pet bb
Creature - Ape (Uncommon)
Deathtouch, lifelink
Artifacts you control named Heart-Piercer Bow and Vial of Dragonfire have deathtouch and lifelink.
2/2

Magmatic Earth-Scorcher 3RR
Creature - Dinosaur (Mythic)
Whenever Magmatic Earth-Scorcher attacks, each player sacrifices four lands and Magmatic Earth-Scorcher deals 4 damage to each other creature.
4/4

Sagovian Badger 3g
Creature - Badger (Common)
Minimize G (You may cast this spell for its minimize cost. If you do, it enters the battlefield with "This creature has base power and toughness 1/1" on it.)
Trample
4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Okay, and now it's time for the poll!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”