The Marvelous Market of Magicks

Incredium
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Incredium » 1 year ago

Would be nice to start this game again, I'd be down. Looks fun

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

It was fun, but it had the flaw of needing a lot of people to participate promptly every round, which is unrealistic in the current state of things. Maybe there's a way to restructure it to be more open form though, so that it could run smoothly despite uneven participation.

Amuzet
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Amuzet » 1 year ago

After having my first playtest with my group, of which only 6 of us actually stayed.
For a real time version we had to set a time limit of around 6 minutes of design and 4 minutes max of reading, reformatting rules text, betting, then resolving the bets.
At around round 3 the player's wanted to create a maximum bet of 5 among all cards in the market, since they felt keeping track of their point gain and loss in real time was too much. I feel in our forum game points were never on our mind while designing cards.
Which inevitably made it very difficult to leave a bet of 1 on the Floor card if someone bet 2 on it. This left a player without playable pool at the end and spawning a booster into their pool as if it were sealed was considered.
Images of Cards
Show
Hide
The entire thing was won 3-0 by the player who did not take "Endless Growth" the Sorcery which adds GBB for Zero :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”