Emberwilde Captain + Myriad Token

Nimbaway
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Nimbaway » 1 year ago

During our last game night we had a brief discussion about Emberwilde Captain and whether or not it triggers when a myriad creature makes a token attacking the owner of the Emberwilde Captain. I know myriad tokens avoid the tax of Ghostly Prison because they enter already attacking and thus are not declared attackers, but not sure if this applies to the Captain as well. Can anyone clarify this?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
Emberwilde Captain's second ability only triggers when an opponent declares attackers that are attacking you. Creatures that ETB attacking don't trigger it for the same reason they don't trigger their own "Whenever this creature attacks" abilities, for example. (CR 508.3e)
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Emberwilde Captain's second ability only triggers when an opponent declares attackers that are attacking you. Creatures that ETB attacking don't trigger it for the same reason they don't trigger their own "Whenever this creature attacks" abilities, for example. (CR 508.3e)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”