NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Manaforce Resonance 3R
Enchantment (R)
When Manaforce Resonance enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Drone artifact creature token and a Treasure token.
Whenever you tap a nonland artifact for mana, distribute a number of first strike counters among creatures you control equal to the amount of W produced. The same is true for flying counters and U, menace counters and B, seize counters and R, trample counters and G, and +1/+1 counters and C. (A creature with seize must be blocked if able.)

IIW: Reversals
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Krark-Clan Warshrieker R
Creature- Goblin Warrior (U)
Haste
Krark-Clan Warshrieker can't attack or block unless you sacrifice an artifact.
2/2

IIW: A cycle of lands

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Equipped Creature 3R
Legendary Creature - Incarnation (Acorn)
(Abilities that refer to equipped creature also affect this creature.)
2/1

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Equipped Creature 3R
2/1
Okay pack it up all. I may not be the judge but this sure is a winner to me.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Forged from Stone 1R
Sorcery (U)
Conjure a random Equipment card into your hand.
Retrace

IIW: Monocolored blue or red Treasure matters cards
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Fulminous Spellbomb 1
Artifact (U)
1,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Add R then draw a card.
1R,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Destroy target artifact with mana value 3 or less.
8R,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Fulminous Spellbomb deals 3 damage each legal target.

IIW: The number seven

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Slag Burst 1RR
Instant (U)
Slag Burst deals damage to target creature or planeswalker you don't control equal to the number of artifacts put into graveyards this turn.
"What did I tell you about standing back?"
—Albor, dwarven smith

Reforged from Slag 2R
Sorcery (R)
Return target artifact with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. If this spell was cast from your graveyard, return target artifact from your graveyard to the battlefield instead.
Flashback 2WW

IIW: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@Megiddo It may be time
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Forgemaster's Supremacy XRR
Sorcery (R)
Choose up to X—
• Each player discards their hand, then draws three cards.
• Forgemaster's Supremacy deals 2 damage to each creature.
• Destroy target artifact.
• Return an artifact card with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Ulka

Oxxidda Auto-Armaments1R
Enchantment
Germ Creatures you control get +0/+1.
Whenever an equipment enters the battlefield create a 0/0 black Phyrexian Germ creature token then attach the equipment to it.

IIW: Cards from the new hit set: Conspiracy 3: Trade Wars of Fiora Commence

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

i'll judge when i return from "The Gym"
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The gym where you're ♂THE BOSS♂?

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
No the gym where his the flying type Gym Leader and schools 10 year olds with his Philadelphia Eagles

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Lies! No true MtG Custom Card Designer goes to the gym!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
No the gym where his the flying type Gym Leader and schools 10 year olds with his Philadelphia Eagles
Check back in... like 5 years at this point.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Lies! No true MtG Custom Card Designer goes to the gym!
Where does that leave me then?

Anyway, I'm back now. Judging is IN PROGRESS
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Amateur Thopter Hobbyist
3{R}
Creature - Human Artificer (C)
When Amateur Thopter Hobbyist enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
At the beginning of the end step, if Amateur Thopter Hobbyist entered the battlefield this turn, sacrifice an artifact.
2/1

IIW: Creature with exactly five creature types.
My first thought was "it's an overcosted Ghirapur Gearcrafter." My *second* thought was, "wait no, that doesn't say 'sacrifice a thopter.'" This reminds me a lot of Stitcher's Apprentice, in a good way. Both cards have dubious utility at first but expand in possibilities as you think of them more. Apprentice being an instant-speed activated ability gives it a ton of flexibility, so we'll have to look harder at how to get good value out of the Hobbyist. I'll nominate Feldon of the Third Path as one possibility. How about Ichor Wellspring? Obviously you can convert any stray Clue or whatever into a Thopter as well. Finding ways to take advantage of stuff like this, no matter how small, is fun. I like it a lot.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Venture Capitalist 2R
Creature — Goblin Advisor (R)
If an effect would create one or more artifact tokens under your control, it creates twice that many of those tokens instead.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to an opponent, create a Treasure token.
2/2

IIW: Monocolored blue or red Treasure cards
This puts a lot of power into a three drop, since on the play you're likely to be able to play this t3, get a hit in, and then get an additional two mana to use for whatever you want. This feels too swingy at these stats for me. Put this at 4 mana and I don't think there would be a problem most of the time.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Riveteer's Weldfast 2R
Creature - Devil Artificer
Each noncreature artifact card in your hand has blitz. Its blitz cost is equal to its mana cost
Blitz costs you pay for artifact spells cost 1 less for each artificer you control.
"Sure, they don't last long, but they don't to for what you're doin', do they?"
2/2

IIW: The wolves are at the door
Ooh boy, this is going to get wildly out of hand. I had to look up whether you'll draw the card from the Blitz. The answer is yes. So I'll just be linking to Ichor Wellspring again and pointing out that you can build your own Ancestral Recall with this guy. Is that cool and powerful? Yes. But, similar to the previous card, this effect probably can't exist on a three-drop. Also, since I went on at length about "finding ways to take advantage of stuff" earlier, I want to point out that for me this is the kind of card that really telegraphs what you want to do, largely because it doesn't do anything at all unless you are trying to be degenerate with it.
Speaking of, I've just realized how busted this is with anything 1MV or less that can sacrifice itself. We turn Lotus Petal into the most bonkers card ever when this is on the battlefield, too.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Elementary Colaboration 1RR
Sorcery (U)
Create three 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with "Change the text of static abilities of artifacts attached to this creature, replacing all instances of "Equipped creature" to "Each elemental you control."

(didn't work with triggered abilities, e.g. "Whenever equipped creature..." but I think static abilities should be peachy.

IIW: Finally complete
This is too much complicated text to put on my bottlecaps.
I will have more to say on your second card.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Ancient Lightning Golem 2RR
Artifact Creature - Elemental Golem
When you cast Ancient Lightning Golem, it deals 3 damage to any target.
Flashback 1R
3/1

Having a cast trigger and flashback together is nice. Minor Melvin Moments. This is a ton of value, obviously, and I'll be honest, other than the creature type I don't see why this is best for an artifact cube compared to a normal one. Leaving aside that Flashback doesn't work on permanents (this was already pointed out in the thread), the artifact decks often want to get value by sacrificing or recurring things, not casting them.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Manaforce Resonance 3R
Enchantment (R)
When Manaforce Resonance enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Drone artifact creature token and a Treasure token.
Whenever you tap a nonland artifact for mana, distribute a number of first strike counters among creatures you control equal to the amount of W produced. The same is true for flying counters and U, menace counters and B, seize counters and R, trample counters and G, and +1/+1 counters and C. (A creature with seize must be blocked if able.)

IIW: Reversals
The real trick here is how you created a new (theoretically) evergreen keyword ability. I'll pass over that (I'll just offer that I don't know that I like the name seize) to comment that this enchantment is creating and distributing a TON of different unique counters and tokens. I may be a boomer, but this kind of card feels really tough to use in paper magic. Unless you want to stuff your cube box with keyword word punch-out tokens... Go nuts in Digital I guess. But, let's look past that: This card, by virtue of distributing +1/+1 and first strike counters for free and at instant speed, will make combat completely impossible for your opponents. I don't think it is fun.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Krark-Clan Warshrieker R
Creature- Goblin Warrior (U)
Haste
Krark-Clan Warshrieker can't attack or block unless you sacrifice an artifact.
2/2

IIW: A cycle of lands
What a tease to put haste on a one-drop that can only attack on turn one if you use one specific land to cast it. Obviously you can sacrifice your Black Lotus or something too, but that may not be ideal value. I've mentioned a couple of times in this judging that red artifacts like to sacrifice things, and this does indeed do that, but when your base form is kinda unplayable it doesn't pass muster as a sacrifice outlet to me.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Equipped Creature 3R
2/1
Welcome back. I prefer this kind of effect in... I'm not gonna say it... silver border land to trying to do it in black border. Now we can just pretend it all works out. I might want to modify this to look at only your own permanents rather than the whole board. I do think the change to have tribal effects and such only look at your own permanents was smart, and the same logic tracks here. For example, here's a question. I control a Grizzly Bears that's equipped with Sword of Body and Mind and you control this guy (tapped for this example). Grizzly Bears attacks you and deals combat damage. What happens? Next turn, this guy attacks me back and deals combat damage. What happens?
I think the answers are 1) nothing unexpected and 2) I get to deal 2 damage to something and draw a card—noting that I can't kill Equipped Creature because it's a 4/4. This can be fun to tease out but it would be easier to track if it was only looking at your own board.
As for whether it's cubable, yeah, it's probably strong payoff for an equipment deck.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Forged from Stone 1R
Sorcery (U)
Conjure a random Equipment card into your hand.
Retrace

I think this could use a Spellbook to reduce variance a bit. As it is now, you could get Acquisition Octopus with no way to cast it. I don't have anything else to say.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Fulminous Spellbomb 1
Artifact (U)
1,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Add R then draw a card.
1R,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Destroy target artifact with mana value 3 or less.
8R,T, Sacrifice Fulminous Spellbomb: Fulminous Spellbomb deals 3 damage each legal target.

IIW: The number seven
If you are manually typing out those mana tags, please know that you can safely put commas inside of them and do the whole cost within one set of tags. This will save your fingers. If you aren't, uh, I guess it's just me who does that. It sucks on mobile.
I don't like the 8R ability because it gives me flashbacks to that Profane Command thing. Otherwise, the concept is solid. Given that this card has such high utility at low cost, the final ability is totally free, which makes this quite powerful. The first ability also makes me a tiny bit nervous because it adds both mana and draws cards. Chromatic Star with additional value is dangerous... I might want to test this a bit more for power level concerns.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Slag Burst 1RR
Instant (U)
Slag Burst deals damage to target creature or planeswalker you don't control equal to the number of artifacts put into graveyards this turn.
"What did I tell you about standing back?"
—Albor, dwarven smith

Reforged from Slag 2R
Sorcery (R)
Return target artifact with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. If this spell was cast from your graveyard, return target artifact from your graveyard to the battlefield instead.
Flashback 2WW

IIW: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)
Slag Burst could probably cost less... compare with Structural Assault, lol. Realistically, as far as effort/reward ratio, this is like Fatal Blow and should likely be costed accordingly.
Reforged from Slag, on the other hand... I was looking into designing a card very much like this recently. It ended up being Faithless Looting on the front side (i'm going to get banned for this card i think) but I came upon the same realization that red and white overlap in this mechanical space, with white having access to Refurbish. This is good, though, does red require sacrifice to return anything?
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Forgemaster's Supremacy XRR
Sorcery (R)
Choose up to X—
• Each player discards their hand, then draws three cards.
• Forgemaster's Supremacy deals 2 damage to each creature.
• Destroy target artifact.
• Return an artifact card with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

I liked this card better when it was called Collective Defiance, LOL! But seriously, this card gets my Inefficient Use of Numbers hackles up. As this isn't like Fiery Confluence where I can choose the modes more than once, I could pay 7RR to get my Akroma's Memorial back into play... along with just three other modes. When will Wizards implement the "excess mana" technology? Also, as with the previous entry, I'm not sure that red can just return artifacts for free.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Oxxidda Auto-Armaments1R
Enchantment
Germ Creatures you control get +0/+1.
Whenever an equipment enters the battlefield create a 0/0 black Phyrexian Germ creature token then attach the equipment to it.

This is fun. Giving Germs +0/+1 is smart, since there's obviously plenty of artifacts that already have Living Weapon as well as the new tech of "well, just attach it to something I guess" that they do now, so you may end up with otherwise doomed Germs dying as soon as they are created. Which, you know, creates all kinds of Blood Artist-related collateral damage. I'm not moved by this personally, but I think it could be nice cornerstone piece in an equipment deck.

Winner: Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: Creature with exactly five creature types
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Faceless Mediator 4W
Creature - Advisor
This creature is also a Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Goblin
This spell costs 1 less to cast for each creature in your council (Your Council consists of up to one each of Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Goblin.)
As long as you have a full council, creatures you control get +1/+1
"Good, now that we're all at the table, negotiations can begin."
3/3

IIW: The wolves are at the door.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

Matka, Watchful Incubator 3GW
Legendary Creature - Bird Eye Egg Orb God (M)
Flying
Matka and each other creature you control enters the battlefield with two additional shield counters on it.
If a shield counter would be removed from a creature you control, that counter becomes a +1/+1 counter instead.
2/2

iiw: use the same word at least five times

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Roalesk, Lord of Evolution 3GGU
Legendary Creature - Human Ooze Hydra Kraken Mutant (M)
Flying, ward 6
As long as it's your main phase, creatures you control can adapt as though they didn't have any +1/+1 counters on them.
Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are placed on a creature you control, search your library for a creature card with mana value equal to or less than the number of +1/+1 counters placed on that creature, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
5/5

IIW: Creature with exactly six creature types land types matter

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Party Animal 2RG
Creature — Cleric Rogue Warrior Wizard Beast (U)
Menace
Party Animal gets +1/+1 for each creature in your party.
Whenever Party Animal deals combat damage to a player, if you have a full party, put a +1/+1 counter on it. When you do, you may have it fight target creature defending player controls.
2/2

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

The Belbad Town Musicians 4W
Creature- Dog Cat Horse Bird Bard (C)
T: Tap target artifact or creature.
"Gads! It's a monster!" - Tullo, Thief of Belbad
4/4
///\\\
Foil the Thieves 1W
Instant- Adventure
You and target creature gain hexproof until end of turn. Draw a card. (Then exile this card. You may cast the creature later from exile.)

IIW: Eldraine

Megiddo
MEG

Assembled Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Skeleton Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Whenever Assembled Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Stumbling Infantry.
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Sloshing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Shambling Infantry.
4/4
Transformations
Show
Hide
Stumbling Infantry 2WW
Creature — Skeleton Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Stumbling Infantry can't block
Whenever Stumbling Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Oozing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Occult Infantry.
3/3

Sloshing Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Ward 2
Whenever Sloshing Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Oozing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Ocular Infantry.
3/3

Shambling Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Skeleton Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace
Whenever Shambling Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Occult infantry.
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Optical Infantry.
3/3
Transformation level 2
Show
Hide
Occult Infantry 2WW
Creature — Skeleton Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace
Occult Infantry can't block.
Whenever Occult Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2

Optical Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace, ward 2
Whenever Optical Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, draw a card, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2

Oozing Infantry 2WW
Creature — Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Ward 2
Oozing Infantry can't block.
Whenever Oozing Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, you gain 2 life, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2
Transformation Level 3
Show
Hide
Apparitional Infantry 2WW
Creature — Spirit Soldier {R}
Flying
1/1
IIW: Please don't let this monstrosity of a "card" win
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Assembled Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Skeleton Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Whenever Assembled Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Stumbling Infantry.
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Sloshing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Shambling Infantry.
4/4
Transformations
Show
Hide
Stumbling Infantry 2WW
Creature — Skeleton Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Stumbling Infantry can't block
Whenever Stumbling Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Oozing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Occult Infantry.
3/3

Sloshing Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Ward 2
Whenever Sloshing Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Oozing Infantry.
- You gain 2 life, then this becomes Ocular Infantry.
3/3

Shambling Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Skeleton Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace
Whenever Shambling Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, then choose one:
- Draw a card, then this becomes Occult infantry.
- Create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Optical Infantry.
3/3
Transformation level 2
Show
Hide
Occult Infantry 2WW
Creature — Skeleton Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace
Occult Infantry can't block.
Whenever Occult Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2

Optical Infantry 2WW
Creature — Eye Spirit Soldier {R}
Menace, ward 2
Whenever Optical Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, draw a card, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2

Oozing Infantry 2WW
Creature — Spirit Ooze Soldier {R}
Ward 2
Oozing Infantry can't block.
Whenever Oozing Infantry would be dealt damage, prevent that damage, you gain 2 life, then this becomes Apparitional Infantry.
2/2
Transformation Level 3
Show
Hide
Apparitional Infantry 2WW
Creature — Spirit Soldier {R}
Flying
1/1
IIW: Please don't let this monstrosity of a "card" win
See, why don't we get this in digital-only

Ulka

Doppleganger Bannerlord 1WU
Creature - Shapeshifter Flagbearer
Limited Changeling - As Doppleganger Bannerlord enters the battlefield, choose three creature types. Doppleganger Bannerlord is these creature types in addition to its other types.
While an opponent is choosing targets as part of casting a spell they control or activating an ability they control, that player must choose at least one Flagbearer on the battlefield if able.
Other creatures of the choose types you control get +1/+1 and have vigilance.
2/2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”