Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

CCL June Signups/Round 1

"Prismatic Potential"

Fusion Elemental, taken from Pinterest, by Michael Komarck and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Rainbow Month here at the CCL. Every color in Magic is important, and they're all needed at once and in equal measure for the game to function.

Challenge
Design a common or uncommon card that's all five colors.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • "Colors" means colors, not color identity.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Anyone can enter this first round! Your submissions are due Wednesday, June 8th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (June 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (June 9th-16th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due June 18th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (June 19th–22nd)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due June 24th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (June 25th–28th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due June 30th)
  • Final (July, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Bump.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Cheerful Elemental WUBRG
Creature - Elemental (Uncommon)
This spell cost W less for each white creature you control. The same is true for U for blue creatures, B for black creatures, R for red creatures and G for green creatures.
Everyone sees a part of themselves in it, and it loves them all equally.
5/5

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Destined Answer WUBRG
Instant (Uncommon)
Choose one
- Counter target noncreature spell. You gain 2 life and draw a card
- Destroy target nonland permanent. Its controller loses 2 life and mills five cards
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 year ago

Eozath WUBRRRG
Creature - Giant Mutant {U}
Double strike, menace, hexproof
When Eozath enters the battlefield, scry 3 and you gain 3 life, then fateseal 3 and the player you fatesealed loses 3 life.
Vanishing 3
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Bumping for entries. Extending this by at least 24 hours!

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Guildpact Medallion 3
Artifact (C)
Guildpact Medallion is all colors.
T: Add one mana of any color.
A breathtaking symbol of unity, but a fragile one.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Around the World wubrg
Sorcery (c)
For each basic land type,.search your library for up to.one basic land of that type and put it into your hand. Shuffle.
Last edited by Henlock 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

RaikouRider

Post by RaikouRider » 1 year ago

Maelstrom Dragon WUBRG
Creature - Dragon {U}
Flying
Maelstrom Dragon enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it if only mana produced by basic lands was spent to cast it.
5/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Alright, let's try something different.

Please critique and top 3 each other contestant. If more than six contestants enter round 2, the top 6 will move on to round 3. Otherwise, round 1 and 2 scores will determine the seeds for paired matchups in round 3.

Round 2 will be up soon. I'm extending round 1 and 2 critiques until 23:59 Eastern on June 20th.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Raikouraider- I really like the minigame here. a 5/5 flier for 5 is quite fine, but a 10/10 really wants to make you get there.

slimytrout- While not super exciting, it is very elegant and it looks like something that would be printed in a set that cares about multicolor.

monoredmage-probably rrr would have worked well here, as it looks too funky and pretty difficult to cast. I like how the 3 theme and the mirror effects wotk.

kwanyegor-I don't think reactive effects work very well with this cost, as it requires a lot of effort to establish your mana and staying open or blasting a permanent as a payoff feels a bit underwherlming.

netn10- It reminds me of Draco and its modern refurbishing, I think this one fits well.

1. Raikou
netn10
slymitrout

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

crits
Show
Hide
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Cheerful Elemental WUBRG
Creature - Elemental (Uncommon)
This spell cost W less for each white creature you control. The same is true for U for blue creatures, B for black creatures, R for red creatures and G for green creatures.
Everyone sees a part of themselves in it, and it loves them all equally.
5/5
Pretty much a variation in Khalni Hydra. Flavor is good but its still a vanilla 5/5, although playing it the same turm as Transguild Courier would be fun...
MonoRedMage wrote:
1 year ago
Eozath WUBRRRG
Creature - Giant Mutant {U}
Double strike, menace, hexproof
When Eozath enters the battlefield, scry 3 and you gain 3 life, then fateseal 3 and the player you fatesealed loses 3 life.
Vanishing 3
3/3
Whoa that is a crazy etb ability. Actually feels pretty weak because the cost is so hard to pay
slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
Guildpact Medallion 3
Artifact (C)
Guildpact Medallion is all colors.
T: Add one mana of any color.
A breathtaking symbol of unity, but a fragile one.
Probably the perfect design for this challenge, I love how simple and clean this is
Henlock wrote:
1 year ago
Around the World wubrg
Sorcery (c)
For each basic land type,.search your library for up to.one basic land of that type and put it into your hand. Shuffle.
This feels monogreen and not all five colors, especially since you prob don't need all those lands if you can pay for WUBRG.
RaikouRider wrote:
1 year ago
Maelstrom Dragon WUBRG
Creature - Dragon {U}
Flying
Maelstrom Dragon enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it if only mana produced by basic lands was spent to cast it.
5/5
I like that this only gives you the bonus if you pay for it fairly but a 5C deck could have a 10/10 flyer that can quickly end the game on t5 and before with this which seems too much for uncommon
t3
Show
Hide
1 slimytrout
2 raikourider
3 netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Please have your critiques in by 23:59 Eastern on 6/27 (about one whole day from now)!

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

netn10
Show
Hide
Not sure why it needs to say "for each X creature you control" rather than "if you control a X creature," but otherwise I quite like it, even if it is a bit underpowered.
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
This doesn't quite do it for me -- in the best case scenario it's not much powerful than Bone to Ash, and I don't think the flexibility makes up for the crazy cost. Also this is a very minor quibble but I don't really see the red in it.
MonoRedMage
Show
Hide
A powerful ability, but so hard to cast. I don't think this could possibly be an uncommon.
Henlock
Show
Hide
Feels like overkill -- if you have WUBRG mana, why would you need to get it again, and none of them onto the battlefield?
RaikouRider
Show
Hide
I love it. No notes.
T3
Show
Hide
1. RaikouRider
2. netn10
3. Henlock

RaikouRider