Dragon Heist D&D Campaign Card Collection (Input Welcome/desired)

JT1044
Pronoun: he / him

Post by JT1044 » 2 years ago

Hi,

This is a collection (I dont think it will reach full "set" status, but maybe with some help, who knows?)
of cards that I'm trying to put together to commemoration of the Dragon Heist D&D game Ive been running for 2 years that will soon come a conclusion.

Id love some insight here, this is like 7th draft on the PCs, and 2nd draft on Azghal. Original non PW Azghal is in the set though.

Some Mechanics Info

Plunder is a keyword I'm using for "Create a Treasure Token"

The PCs
All have an EXERT mechanic that benefits them if they dont cheat the exert via an untap. (Still could)
Match - Thiefy Warlock Raven Pact
Modar - Conjurer
Heavy - Grappler
Aric - Storm Cleric with Warcaster
Vloren - Ranger Phantom (Rogue) [First version is pure ranger good guy bounty hunter, Second is after picking up phantom and going through ravenloft]

Allies
Melody Paladin of Ilmater who sacrificed herself to save one of the Orphans (below) from Fireball event
Raenar Super Good guy noble who has become the parties default patron
Lif Ghost Bartender of their Guild Hall - Started as a problem
NatJenksSquidly Orphan Trio who are just loveable mascots that the party spends downtime actions "training". 9I definitely considered just giving them training, but liked pointing to the PC exert stuff.

Bosses (The main bosses will almost all have xforms, because my boss fights have fight phases.)
Urstul Started as minor NPC, but party fell in love with hating him, so he backstabbed his boss and became the big bad.
Azghal Hell Knight of Azmodeous who is actually a servant of Glasya (((This card should really look at the comments on the card itself - because there is a lot of info and insight and knowing the numbers are bad right now)))
(still need Nihiloor and Xanathar, and some sub bosses, plus a few others from the future final chapters)

Future Ideas
Hidden For Conciseness
Show
Hide
Only because we dont have dungeon templates, I plan on creating a "dungeon like" mechanic using the Saga templates where you just progress the saga using creatures or something instead of automatically.

If I have time I'll be making some of their signature spells and abilities, and gear that I didnt want to shoehorn all into a single card.

Not positive yet if Im going to make an alternate for everyone (currently I have two Vlorens) or just Match and Vloren because theyve changed drastically over the campaign. The others,

I am contemplating making "Classes" that are unique in themes to how they progressed over the levels. So, "Conjurer" "Storm Cleric" "Brawler" "Phantom" "Raven Queen pact" "Glasya Pact"

Player Characters

Modar, Doctor of 5th Dimensional Metaphysics
Legendary Creature — Vedalken Wizard
Whenever you would sacrifice a creature or artifact with vanishing, shuffle it into your library instead. Then, if Modar is tapped, draw a card.
Whenever a non-legendary artifact or creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it does not have vanishing, it gains Vanishing 3.
, Exert Modar : Search your library for a non-legendary creature or artifact and put it onto the battlefiend.

I was not responsible for the accident that transported us here, but in hindsight i can see the errors that led to this result.
2/2

Aric, Wavelord of Umberlee
Legendary Creature — Human Pirate Cleric
Enchantments you control gain Ward .
While Aric is tapped, enchantments you control gain Ward .
Aric crews vehicles as though his power was 2 greater.
, , Exert : Target red or green spell you cast that deals damage gains Storm.

The storm and sea have no malevolence, but praise Umberlee such that you not incur her wrath.
2/4

Heavy
Legendary Artifact Creature — Golem Pirate Warrior
Vigilance, Menace
Heavy crews vehicles as though its power was 2 greater.
Whenever Heavy deals combat damage to a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
: Heavy gains indestructible until the end of turn
, Exert : Heavy can be assigned to block even if he is tapped, and can block an additional creature this turn.

Heavy's menacing reputation was known even
2/5

Flip Card
(Front)
Match, Harbinger of Undoing
Legendary Creature — Tiefling Rogue Wizard
Spectacle , Haste, Protection from Red
You may exert Match as he enter's the battlefield. When you do, Plunder.
During your upkeep, if Match is tapped, exile the top card of an opponents deck. If it is a land, Plunder twice, otherwise you may cast that card without paying its mana cost.
: Exile Match. Return it to the battlefield transformed under its owner's control at the beginning of the next phase.

The raven is seen as a sign of coming misfortune.
3/2

(Back)
Styx, Shadow Raven
Legendary Creature — Specter Warlock
Flying, Haste, Shadow, Hideaway 5
: Return Styx to its owners' hand and each opponent draws a card.
Whenever Styx deals combat damage to a player they choose a number between 1 and 5. They Mill that many cards and you may lose that much life to play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.

1/1

Vloren, Gray Hand Seeker
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Reach, Mountainwalk
Whenever a tapped creature an opponent controls dies, Plunder.
, Exert Vloren: Tap target creature an opponent controls.
, : Deal 1 damage to target creature. If that creature is tapped, destroy it instead.

I hunt the scum of this city for the coin, but if it leads me to the one who framed me, even better.
1/3

Vloren, Shadow Warden
Legendary Creature — Elf Vampire Rogue
Mountainwalk, Persist, Reach, Wither
When Vloren enters the battlefield, remove all +1/+1 counters from target creatures, then deal 1 damage to it.
Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Vloren then Vloren deals 1 damage to target creature.
, , Exert : Put a +1/+1 counter on Vloren, then Vloren fights target creature with a -1/-1 counter.

His bloodthirst is often controlled by his overwhelming self-pity and unerring pursuit of vengeance.
3/2

Allies

Melody De'Vale, Young Martyr 1WW
Legendary Creature — Human Knight
Lifelink, Flash
If Melody enters the battlefield during an opponents turn, sacrifice her at the end of the current turn.
Sacrifice Melody : Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, then that creature is tapped and gains indestructible until end of turn.

In a flash, a bright light was extinguished to spare a glowing ember.
3/3

Renaer Neverember
Legendary Creature — Human Noble
Whenever you cast, sacrifice or transform a saga, plunder.
Whenever you sacrifice a treasure token, gain 2 life.

Devoted to all citizens of Waterdeep, Raenar often spent his wealth toward charitable or heroic causes,
2/2

Flip Card
(Front)
Lif, Trollskull Poltergeist
Legendary Creature — Elf Specter
Indestructible, Vanishing 1
When Lif enters the battlefield, return a random artifact you control to it's owner's hand, then each player discards a card at random.
When Lif dies, each player loses X life, where X is equal to the number of cards in their hand, unless they pay .
Disturb — (You may cast this card transformed from your graveyard for its disturb cost.)

1/1

(Back)
Lif, Silverfall Bartender
Legendary Creature — Elf Spirit
Indestructible
Whenever a creature you control is exerted, you gain 2 life
, : Untap target exerted creature.

2/2

Nat, Jenks and Squiddly
Legendary Creature — Warrior Wizard Rogue
Nat, Jenks, and Squiddly can not be included in a party unless they have 3 or more +1/+1 counters.
Tap and exert another legendary creature you control: Nat, Jenks and Squiddly gains either ward 3 or indestructible until the end of turn.
During your upkeep, if one or more legendary creatures didn't untap because it was exerted, put a +1/+1 counter on Nat, Jenks and Squiddly.

With a toy sword, a makeshift wand and stuffed owlbear, and an ill-fitting hat and eye patch these three are ready for adventure.
0/3

Big Bad Bosses

Flip Card
(Front)
((Click here to Go read the Comments Section for this card))
Azghal, Hell Knight of Azmodeus
Legendary Planeswalker — Azghal
Protection From White, Protection from Black, Affinity for Devils
At the beginning of each player's end step, Azghal deals 1 damage to that player for each creature they control that did not attack that turn.

+1: Until your next turn, Azghal becomes a 4/5 Vampire Devil Knight creature with Defender, Doublestrike, Absorb 5 and Indestructible that's still a planeswalker.
-8: Search your deck for any number of Devil creatures and put them into play. They gain haste until of turn.

Azghal, Hellknight of Azmodeous can be your Commander.
When Azghal would die, exile it instead and put it onto the battlefield transformed.

Loyalty: 4

(Back)
Thorne, Bloodknight of Glasya
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight
Bloodthirst 2, Protection from Black, Haste, Lifelink, Doubletrike
: Thorne gains Indestructible until the end of the current phase, tap Thorne. Damage from white sources ignore this source of indestructible.
, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on Thorne.
Each black and red instant and sorcery spell you cast has conspire.

4/4

Flip Card
(Front)
Urstul Floxin, Zhentarim Thug
Legendary Creature — Human Assassin
Renown 2
Whenever Urstul attacks, it gains deathtouch and first strike until end of turn.
When Urstul becomes Renowned, he gains Ascend.
If you control a legendary artifact and have the city's blessing, transform Urstul.

2/3

(Back)
Urstul, Twisted Usurper
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi Rogue
Vigilance, Doublestrike, Dethrone
If Urstul deals combat damage to a player, you may untap and gain control of target rogue or assasin. After this combat phase there is an additional combat phase.
Rogues and assasins you control can't attack a player it has already attacked this turn.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Urstul : Destroy target aura or counter attached to you or Urstul.

3/4

Sagas (Quests/Adventures)

Flip Card
(Front)
Deed to Trollskull Manor
Legendary Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Transform it after V)

I: Search your library for a basic land, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library, then you may pay to add a lore counter.
II: Investigate twice, then you may pay to add a lore counter.
III: Search your library for a Rogue, Wizard, or Warrior with a mana value of 2, and put it onto the battlefield. Then you may pay to add a lore counter.
IV: Search your library for a Specter with a mana value of 2 and put it onto the battlefield. If it has a disturb cost, you may immediately sacrifice it and it's disturb cost is reduced by until end of turn. Then you may pay to add a lore counter.
V: Search your library for a Noble with a mana value of 3 and put it onto the battlefield.

(Back)
Silverfall Hall
Legendary Land
If you have a full party, Clerics, Rogues, Warriors, and Wizards gain +1/+1 and "Whenever this creature attacks, Plunder"
: If you have a full party add
, : Search your library for a Rogue, Wizard, Warrior, or Cleric with mana value equal to or less than that shares a color with at least one color spent to pay and put it onto the battlefield.

Job From Volo - Finding Floon
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice it after III)
I: Investigate.
II: Shuffle target creature you control with mana value 3 or less into your deck, then reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with equal mana value. Put that card into play and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
III: Search your library for a legendary saga, reveal it, and put it on top of your deck.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Welcome to the forums!

In general, I'd give you the same piece of advice about most of these cards: Simplify. While you may be creating cards based on characters from a long campaign, who did a lot of things during that time, you don't need to represent every skill the characters have or every event they were involved in on the cards. I'd suggest every one of these cards should have about the same amount of text and complication as Melody and Renaer have.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JT1044

Post by JT1044 » 2 years ago

I've been contemplating taking some of the stuff I gave each PC, and putting it on a more specific "Class Card".

Such as Conjurer, Brawler, Stormlord, Warden, Phantom, Etc

Two of the PCs. Aric and Heavy, were given the Kamigawa pilot bonus, just because of their sailing focuses, and because that ability is al.ost more "flavor". I could probably turn that into an Echantment that says "Pirates crew at higher power" or Aura of the same (+1, +2 if Pirate).

What are your thoughts on Nat Jenks Squiddly? When I changed them to 0/3 I probably should have changed them to WUR cost.

It would be tough to have the bosses be thematically accurate without complexity, unless I were building a whole set and cod make some of the cards in their colors (UBR mostly) be some.of their effects

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”