NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

The Floor is Lava! 2RR
World Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, The Floor is Lava! deals 2 damage to that player.
Whenever a creature without flying attacks, The Floor is Lava! deals 8 damage to that creature.

IIW: Taste test
MEG

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Wasted World 4/ (there is no mana symbol for colorless/colored hybrid soooo use your imagination)
World Enchantment
Cumulative Upkeep C
At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player chooses up to one basic land. All other lands are Wastes until the end of their next Upkeep step.
"The Golgothian Sylex's blast destroyed much of Argoth and those left fought over its remaining resources.'

IIW: Card you'd see printed in a Urgrotha set (Homelands)
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Worldify WUG
World Enchantment - Aura
Enchant aura
When Worldlify enters the battlefield, phase out all permanents for a second.
Enchanted Aura has "Whenever a non-enchanted permanent enters the battlefield or phases in, if this aura could enchant it, create a token of copy of this aura and attach it to that permanent."

IIW: isekai

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Push the Cart 2UR
World Enchantment
Players can't lose the game for having zero or less life.
If a creature would deal combat damage to a player, prevent that damage and remove a cart counter from that player. That creature's controller gets a cart counter.
If a source would deal noncombat damage to a player, prevent that damage and that source's controller taps up to one creature that player controls.
At the beginning of each player's end step, if that player has twelve or more cart counters, they win the game.

IIW: team fortress 2
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 2 years ago

Dang this is still going, idk how I came by this site again since I haven't played mtg in a few years but it was funny to go back and see the overpowered bs I made 2 years ago.
hmm maybe I'll try making another entry
maybe.
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

Megiddo
MEG

in 2050 we'll still be going strong over at Nebula Flamingo
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Hard to believe Nexus Flamingo has been going on for >2 years already.

Court of Chaos 1BR
World Enchantment (M)
When Court of Chaos enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
At the beginning of the monarch's end step, they get a divinity counter. Then, if they have five or more divinity counters, they win the game.

IIW: 4/4 fliers.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Judging... after I post other necessary threads for the night.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

chetoos - This is nothing if not a clever recontextualization of the Shard type, but the power levels on these are all over the place (I'm looking at Esper in particular as an outlier), and also, the scale doesn't really seem to match flavorwise. Maybe use "Microcosm" or something in the names?

NinjaCaterpie - Just how I like my worlds: Symmetrical, of dubious utility, carrying a drawback(?). Basically this just WORKS as what it is.

Mergatroid_Jones - I appreciate how high-effort this all is but I... think there's a wrong word in that first reminder text, and for a variety of reasons it seems like the world rule shouldn't be player-specific. The first bunch represent events in the storyline pretty well, but don't seem like "worlds" per se. The second group uses a pretty interesting revision of the rule but are still just plain complicated.

Megiddo - Your obsession with straight-out YGO conversions impresses and disgusts me in equal measure. This is actually a great rendition of Toon World, but Toon World also should not exist in Magic. This, bottom line, looks sort of miserable for everybody, its controller included.

Megiddo - With a more serious name and a cost adjustment, The Floor is Lava! is really plausible.

Ulka - Another good encapsulation of the essence of world enchantments: Cumulative upkeep, unclear color pie positioning, not fun for anybody!

JuanCu - "Phase out for a second" made my eyes absolutely glaze over. Is this meant to be black- or silver-bordered. I LOVE this kind of thing - wacky stuff with Aura functionality - but it might not even need the phasing stuff (just split out the Worldify ETB/something else ETB), and if you do use phasing, just go with "everything phases out, then everything phases in" - a little lenticularity never hurt nobody.

spacemonaut - Worlds as game modes is also pretty interesting! While everyone kinda knows how this works based on the name, it sure takes a lot of words to get there in Magicese...

NinjaCaterpie - Another nice entry, but I'm really not sure about the colors: After all, this is kind of/sort of Azor's Elocutors.

HMs: spacemonaut, Ulka
Winner: @NinjaCaterpie (for Immortal Sun's Glare)
Next: 4/4 fliers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Rorix, Fallen Bladewing
2br
Legendary Creature - Zombie Dragon (M)
Multikicker
Flying
When Rorix, Fallen Bladewing enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying for each time it was kicked.
4/4

Mourning Siren
2u
Creature - Siren (U)
Flying
Eternalize 4bb
2/1

IIW: Multicolored drake
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Maestro Shadower
Creature - Citizen Noble (R)
Flying, haste
Maestro Shadower can't block.
As long as Maestro Shadower is attacking, it's a Vampire Illusion. (It isn't a Citizen Noble.)
Tap two other untapped creatures you control: Remove Maestro Shadower from combat. If you removed Maestro Shadower from combat this way, end the step.
4/4

Iiw: Streets of New Capenna given the Fate Reforged treatment (Alternate timeline)

Juancu

Luzerna, Playful Torturer 2BB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Warlock (R)
Flying
Whenever an opponent begins the end step with exactly 1 life less than they started this turn, draw a card.
Choose a Background
4/4

Gifted Healer 1W
Legendary Enchantment - Background
Whenever a commander creature you control attacks, each of X target players gain 3 life. Then scry X.

IIW: Our 3-color set has too many 4/5 color drafters. Any ideas?

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Keldon Warkite 2
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Flying, Trample
Crew 2
When Keldon Warkite dies during combat, destroy all creatures that crewed it this turn.
4/4

IIW: Colorshift a mechanic

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Broker's aquisitioner 1GWU
Creature - Bird Rogue
Flying
Whenever Broker's aquisitioner deals combat damage to a player, seek a card with mana value equal to the types of counters among creatures you control.
"Benny here finds whatever we need, and we provide the papers to show that it's always been ours." - Falco Spara
4/4

Iiw: aggro green
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

i don't even play yugioh
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Plague Bats 1B
Creature — Bat {R}
Flying
When Plague Bats dies, you lose 1 life, discard a card, sacrifice a creature, then sacrifice a land
4/4

IIW: MVP
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Creature - Bird Rogue
Flying
Whenever Broker's aquisitioner deals combat damage to a player, seek a card with mana value equal to the types of counters among creatures you control.
"Benny here finds whatever we need, and we provide the papers to show that it's always been ours." - Raffine
4/4
Wait, Raffine is the Obscura leader, Falco Spara is the Brokers' head.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Rorix, Fallen Bladewing
2br
Legendary Creature - Zombie Dragon (M)
Multikicker
Flying
When Rorix, Fallen Bladewing enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying for each time it was kicked.
4/4

Mourning Siren
2u
Creature - Siren (U)
Flying
Eternalize 4bb
2/1

Rorix is fun. Meets the challenge with lots of 4/4s! The potential is exciting but the rate is reasonable... I think, though the 6 option may be a bit cracked.
Mourning Siren is OK. Very solid beatstick in limited; not too much else to say.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Maestro Shadower
Creature - Citizen Noble (R)
Flying, haste
Maestro Shadower can't block.
As long as Maestro Shadower is attacking, it's a Vampire Illusion. (It isn't a Citizen Noble.)
Tap two other untapped creatures you control: Remove Maestro Shadower from combat. If you removed Maestro Shadower from combat this way, end the step.
4/4

Iiw: Streets of New Capenna given the Fate Reforged treatment (Alternate timeline)
Can't say I'm a fan of that kind of mana cost. Card seems really good baseline as a 3 mana 4/4 hasty flier. Doesn't the "end the step" let you completely blank opposing attacks as long as the Shadower is blocking?
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Luzerna, Playful Torturer 2BB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Warlock (R)
Flying
Whenever an opponent begins the end step with exactly 1 life less than they started this turn, draw a card.
Choose a Background
4/4

Gifted Healer 1W
Legendary Enchantment - Background
Whenever a commander creature you control attacks, each of X target players gain 3 life. Then scry X.

IIW: Our 3-color set has too many 4/5 color drafters. Any ideas?
Luzerna is interesting, but being a 4/4 detracts a bit, given you can't attack with it and trigger its ability cleanly. It's probably a bit much that it triggers once for each player for each turn, since eg. triggering extort draws you three cards per turn. The background seems narrow and not worth it, though I guess it's fine for decks that want to kill via commander damage as well.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Keldon Warkite 2
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Flying, Trample
Crew 2
When Keldon Warkite dies during combat, destroy all creatures that crewed it this turn.
4/4

IIW: Colorshift a mechanic
With no survivors! Flavour is great and card is interesting. Haven't though about the play patterns but it should be OK.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Creature - Bird Rogue
Flying
"Benny here finds whatever we need, and we provide the papers to show that it's always been ours." - Falco Spara
4/4

Iiw: aggro green
Ugh, seek. I guess at a baseline, it's able to fetch you lands? then grows depending on the kinds of counters you've got around. Interesting, though I'm not sure if it's likely to be doing much more than getting you 1 drops (lands almost feel more valuable than that, even). You'd need quite a winning board to start hitting 2 or 3, though I guess ability counters help a lot these days.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Plague Bats 1B
Creature — Bat {R}
Flying
When Plague Bats dies, you lose 1 life, discard a card, sacrifice a creature, then sacrifice a land
4/4

IIW: MVP
Great reference. Not sure how playable, given how absolutely cooked you are if this gets removed (3-for-1 at a minimum, and one's a land lol). Fun to look at if nothing else.

Winner: @Mergatroid_Jones
Next: Colorshift a mechanic

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

In alchemy right now, with just 2 other creatures, Tenacious Pup and anything with a shield counter, you're grabbing 4 drops.

Megiddo
MEG

what's alchemy?
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Courageous Underdog
1w
Creature - Human Warrior (C)
Dethrone
1/2
"It's not over yet!"

Honorable Knight
2w
Creature - Human Knight (U)
Vigilance
Dethrone
2/2
"My loyalty is not to some tyrannical dictator, but to the people of this land!"

Hero of the Oppressed
2ww
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Dethrone
1w: Hero of the Oppressed gains first strike until end of turn.
2/4
The despot must go.

Darkwoods Hermit
2gg
Creature - Human Druid (U)
Haunt
When Darkwoods Hermit enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, create two 1/1 green Squirrel creature tokens.
2/1

Museum Haunter
2u
Creature - Spirit (C)
Flying
Haunt
When Museum Haunter enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
1/2

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Krengul, Mob Usurper 3RR
Legendary Creature — Goblin Warrior (R)
When Krengul, Mob Usurper enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.
Whenever Krengul attacks, populate X times, where X is the number of attacking Goblins you control. (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control. Do this X times.)
3/3

unsure if that counts since red populate cropped up on one card in Commander 2019, so also:

Conspicuous Witness 2GG
Creature — Human Shaman
When Conspicuous Witness enters the battlefield, surveil 3, then you may return a card from your graveyard to your hand. (To surveil 3, look at the top three cards of your library, then put any number of them into your graveyard and the rest on top of your library in any order.)
2/1

IIW: team fortress
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 2 years ago

Ancient Cant 1RW
Sorcery (U)
Create a 3/2 red and white Spirit creature token.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.)

IIW: interesting froggos 🐸

Juancu

Krengul got deshifted just now spacemounaunt :P (Determined Iteration, a few hours after your post.)

I've always felt vigilance should be red. Sure, it allows more blocking, but since you are regularly forgoing attacking to leave blockers, it's actually a mechanic that allows more aggression.

Blinding Charger 1WW
Creature - Human Paladin (U)
Attacking creatures you control have hexproof.
3/3

IIW: out three color set has too many four/five color drafters. Any ideas?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

😎 Krengul was here before red populate was cool

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”