NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
I'll just note: you're not required to make dragons or even reference dragons for this prompt. The minimum bar here is give me a glimpse of this alternate interpretation of Tarkir.
Must...resist...temptation....

Summit Prowler
2rr
Creature - Yeti (C)
4/3
"Do you not observe the yetis of the high peaks, seeker? They are fierce, without cruelty, and cunning, without duplicity. They could very well be subjects of Garaku." -Surrak, the Tracker
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

This is going to be hard to limit myself to just 1-2 cards.

Also amazing Yeti
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Let's "what if" this a bit further. What if, rather than violent, warlike ally colour dragons, the more cunning Strixhaven elders somehow took over the plane?

Silvered Morphwing 2UG
Creature - Dragon (U)
Flying
Whenever Silvered Morphwing deals combat damage, you may turn it face down.
Megamorph 1UG
3/3

Tenuous Trade 1W
Sorcery (U)
Each player puts a +1/+1 counter on a creature they control, then scries X, where X is the greatest toughness among creatures they control.
The clans' tendency to war, tempered by the elder dragons' desire for peace.
Bonus: Strixhaven
Show
Hide
Physical Conditioning 1BR
Sorcery (U)
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Learn
"Get down and give me fifty!"

Cooking with Spices 1R
Sorcery - Lesson (U)
Cooking with Spices deals 1 damage to each opponent. Create a Food token.
Some students take better to spicy food than others.
IIW: The next beat in Elspeth's story.
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Jairet Thunderdancer 3RU
Creature- Dragon (U)
Flying, Prowess
Reverse (You may have this creature enter the battlefield with a reverse counter on it. If you do, its power and toughness are reversed.)
Jairet's order follow not her, but her dual philosophy of nature.
3/5

Venerable Traveler 1R
Creature- Human Monk (C)
Reverse (You may have this creature enter the battlefield with a reverse counter on it. If you do, its power and toughness are reversed.)
"Today is a day for peace. Tomorrow, we will see."
1/3

Seeker of Balance R
Creature- Efreet Monk (C)
When seeker of Balance deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to each other player.
1/2

Monastery Instructor 1U
Creature- Djinn Monk (C)
Flying
When Monastery Instructor enter the battlefield, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.
"Ponder these teachings, and then you may return."
2/2

Jellyfish-Style Twins UR
Creature- Human Monk (R)
Double Strike
When Jellyfish-Style Twins enters the battlefield, draw cards equal to its toughness, then discard cards equal to its power.
1/2

Monastic Learning 1U
Enchantment (R)
Each creature you control is a Monk in addition to other types and has reverse (You may have a creature with reverse enter the battlefield with a reverse counter on it. If you do, its power and toughness are reversed.)
3U: Return target creature you control to its owner's hand.

IIW: Lands lands lands!

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 2 years ago

With apologies to Chaos of Tarkir, for the RU Jeskai faction:

Text version

Heron-Style Cultivator 2U
Creature — Human Monk (R)
Insight — Whenever a card enters your hand except the first one you draw in each of your draw steps, you may exile an instant card from your graveyard. You may cast a copy of it. If it targets Heron-Style Cultivator, put a +1/+1 counter on Heron-Style Cultivator.
2/2

IIW Humanoids and dragons living in harmony
formerly willows

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Silumgar, Unbound by Death 4BG
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, ward—Sacrifice a creature
Whenever Silumgar, Unbound by Death enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player, each player mills two cards, then you you return a creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard to the battlefield. When Silumgar, Unbound by Death leaves the battlefield, exile it.
3/5

IIW: What's a girl to do with all this Halo?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Dragonlord Loquan, Vine-Writhed
5gu
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, trample
When Dragonlord Loquan, Vine-Writhed enters the battlefield, choose two-
-Create two 0/1 green Plant creature tokens.
-Distribute four +1/+1 counters among any number of other creatures you control.
-Draw a card for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
4/6

Dragonlord Ulaj, Rot Desecrator
4bg
Flying, deathtouch
Dragonlord Ulaj, Rot Desecrator enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Sacrifice another creature or land: You draw a card and you gain 1 life. Activate this ability only once per turn.
2/4

IIW: Multicolored drakes

Ulka

Dragonlord Khashgira 4UR
Flying
Whenever Dragonlord Khashgira attacks, scry 2.
Whenever you scry, exile the top card of your library. Until the end of turn you may play this card without paying their mana cost.
4/5

Flankbreaker Regent 2RR
Creature - Dragon
Flying
Whenever an opponent casts a spell during your turn, Flankbreaker Regent deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the converted mana cost of the spell.
4/4

Watermaw Regent 3UU
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Whenever an opponent casts a spell during your turn, look at the top five cards of your library, put one of them in your hand, and exile the rest.
4/4

Reality Rusher 1UR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying, Haste
While you are scrying you may cast Reality Rusher from your library.
3/2

IIW: Cards with the ability Grim
(Grim - Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, X happens)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Ojutai, the Heretic 3UR
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon {M}
Flying
Ward 3
Whenever Ojutai, the Heretic deals combat damage to a player, draw two cards, then exile a card from your hand. You may play the exiled card this turn.
5/4

IIW: inspiration from a classic play / book.
Holy shoot we're starting strong off the bat. That's a quality spin on looting and impulse. Like Bedlam, it's a red effect pushed so far it just plain looks blue ("creatures can't be blocked"), but it's undeniably still red (well, and blue here).
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Dragonlord Garaku
4ur
Flying
Ward-Discard a card at random.
Whenever Dragonlord Garaku deals combat damage to a player, scry X, where X is the damage dealt.
Whenever one or more cards are put on the bottom of your library, you may exile one of them. You may play that card this turn.
5/6

Inspired by @Ulka's attempt at "scry matters" for ur in Tarkir.

Being able to sort out your next 5 draws is a pretty sweet deal, and so is getting to draw and cast one. So is turning every scry 1+ into an impulse draw, wow.

I took a moment to think about it: this dragonlord is basically turning foresight into actual power now. Or I guess you could consider that he's thinking several steps ahead of everyone with a mind racing a hundred miles an hour?

Yeah, this is a good UR dragon.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Frontier Siege 3G
Enchantment
As Frontier Siege enters the battlefield, choose Khans or Dragons
Khans - At the beginning of each of your main phases, add .
Dragons - Whenever a creature with flying enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw cards equal to its power, then discard cards equal to its toughness.

For the rest of the sieges, like this one, the dragons effect is the only one to change, so I'll just review those changes here:
Monestary: You and other permanents you control have "Ward: Pay 1 life". Whenever this ward cost is paid, scry 1.
Outpost: Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
Citadel: At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, bolster 1, then creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them gain lifelink until end of turn.
Palace: At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, you gain 2 life.

The trouble is that I have to figure out in color effects that can still work with the alternate new color.
IIW: Aggro green
We in green all love drawing cards equal to our biggest chonkiest creature's power (all these? yes pls) but I am terrified by the prospect of looting through 4+ cards each turn in mono-green. We're definitely not keeping all those cards, but we're making our hand incrementally more optimal and we'll already be fine with playing power greater than toughness to net draw. This might be a bit too much!

Give me a Siege that's 2UG instead though and we're good.

Monastery Siege has similar color issues: that's a black/red ward cost. Blue-red siege?
Outpost Siege, Citadel Siege, and Palace Siege are all good choices. Outpost is my favourite out of these; I'd play that.

2 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
I'll just note: you're not required to make dragons or even reference dragons for this prompt. The minimum bar here is give me a glimpse of this alternate interpretation of Tarkir.
Must...resist...temptation....

Summit Prowler
2rr
Creature - Yeti (C)
4/3
"Do you not observe the yetis of the high peaks, seeker? They are fierce, without cruelty, and cunning, without duplicity. They could very well be subjects of Garaku." -Surrak, the Tracker
I would like you to know that I appreciate you and furthermore that this is the seventh Summit Prowler submitted in this thread. I am given to understand that's a special number in this game. (I doubt it will be the last.)
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Let's "what if" this a bit further. What if, rather than violent, warlike ally colour dragons, the more cunning Strixhaven elders somehow took over the plane?

Silvered Morphwing 2UG
Creature - Dragon (U)
Flying
Whenever Silvered Morphwing deals combat damage, you may turn it face down.
Megamorph 1UG
3/3

Tenuous Trade 1W
Sorcery (U)
Each player puts a +1/+1 counter on a creature they control, then scries X, where X is the greatest toughness among creatures they control.
The clans' tendency to war, tempered by the elder dragons' desire for peace.
Bonus: Strixhaven
Show
Hide
Physical Conditioning 1BR
Sorcery (U)
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Learn
"Get down and give me fifty!"

Cooking with Spices 1R
Sorcery - Lesson (U)
Cooking with Spices deals 1 damage to each opponent. Create a Food token.
Some students take better to spicy food than others.
IIW: The next beat in Elspeth's story.
Okay, yeah, I see what you're up to there. I'm not in love with Strixhaven but I like the cards you're laying down here.

The Megamorph dragon has a bit of a steep cost to get incrementally stronger, but I guess it's not a bad mana sink! One thing I'd caution we note is the P/T goes down by 1 when you turn it face down, so it might die from combat damage as a result of actually doing that. This means ironically it might be safer to make the card a 2/2, though it won't be a Tarkir-worthy dragon at that stage.

Tenuous Trade, Physical Conditioning, and Cooking with spices are excellent. I love the flavor of those last two. I love that saying that about those two is technically wordplay? What are you doing to me.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Jairet Thunderdancer 3RU
Creature- Dragon (U)
Flying, Prowess
Jairet's order follow not her, but her dual philosophy of nature.
3/5

Venerable Traveler 1R
Creature- Human Monk (C)
"Today is a day for peace. Tomorrow, we will see."
1/3

Seeker of Balance R
Creature- Efreet Monk (C)
When seeker of Balance deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to each other player.
1/2

Monastery Instructor 1U
Creature- Djinn Monk (C)
Flying
When Monastery Instructor enter the battlefield, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.
"Ponder these teachings, and then you may return."
2/2

Jellyfish-Style Twins UR
Creature- Human Monk (R)
Double Strike
When Jellyfish-Style Twins enters the battlefield, draw cards equal to its toughness, then discard cards equal to its power.
1/2

Monastic Learning 1U
Enchantment (R)
Each creature you control is a Monk in addition to other types and has reverse (You may have a creature with reverse enter the battlefield with a reverse counter on it. If you do, its power and toughness are reversed.)
3U: Return target creature you control to its owner's hand.

IIW: Lands lands lands!
I'm one of those people who gets confused all the time by the phrasing "switch {thing}'s power and toughness" and how it interacts with power- and toughness-modifying effects: if you give a 2/2 +1/+0, then switch its P/T, then give it another +1/+0, my brain keeps thinking it's now a 3/3, but it's a 2/4 (+1/+0 is layer 7c, switch is 7d). Every time this comes up I wind up thinking that if the templating was just "{thing}'s power and toughness are switched" I probably wouldn't get confused at all. This is me saying I see what you're doing here and I'm thankful for it (& that still counts even if it was an accident lol).

That said I'll point out that ability counters being a thing means maybe the ability and counter shouldn't share a name (technically a reverse counter should grant the ability reverse, which is the ability to enter with a reverse counter, which should grant ...) but hey let's just call it Reversal or Adaptable or something, it's fine.

I like the bounce interaction in this. I'm concerned about the mechanic's room to have impact since p/t switching is usually pretty neat. Also the interaction it has with turning all power increases into toughness increases, or vice versa, might warrant examination & compromise its viability as a major focus.
barbecube wrote:
2 years ago
With apologies to Chaos of Tarkir, for the RU Jeskai faction:

Text version

Heron-Style Cultivator 2U
Creature — Human Monk (R)
Insight — Whenever a card enters your hand except the first one you draw in each of your draw steps, you may exile an instant card from your graveyard. You may cast a copy of it. If it targets Heron-Style Cultivator, put a +1/+1 counter on Heron-Style Cultivator.
2/2

IIW Humanoids and dragons living in harmony
I'm definitely sold on Insight as a mechanical trigger (you used the name I gave it!!) and I like that this creates a sort of impulse-flashback, which is a great fit for either side of a red-blue faction. I'd like to see this mirrored in a Mantis-Style Burninator that has the exact same thing but deals 1-2 damage for the reflex.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Silumgar, Unbound by Death 4BG
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, ward—Sacrifice a creature
Whenever Silumgar, Unbound by Death enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player, each player mills two cards, then you you return a creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard to the battlefield. When Silumgar, Unbound by Death leaves the battlefield, exile it.
3/5

IIW: What's a girl to do with all this Halo?
Yesssssssssssss, the BG Sultai I crave.

That trigger might need "under your control" (otherwise it enters under its owner's and I'm not sure that's the goal). Do you mean to exile the returned card or Silumgar? If it's the former, "Exile it when Silumgar leaves the battlefield" might work better.

Heck that's a big deal of a Ward condition but it eventually becomes very worth paying the cost just to get rid of him.

You did good work here, I'd want to play this.
2 years ago
Dragonlord Loquan, Vine-Writhed
5gu
Flying, trample
When Dragonlord Loquan, Vine-Writhed enters the battlefield, choose two-
-Create two 0/1 green Plant creature tokens.
-Distribute four +1/+1 counters among any number of other creatures you control.
-Draw a card for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
4/6

Dragonlord Ulaj, Rot Desecrator
4bg
Flying, deathtouch
Dragonlord Ulaj, Rot Desecrator enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of creature cards in your graveyard.
Sacrifice another creature or land: You draw a card and you gain 1 life. Activate this ability only once per turn.
2/4

Dragonlord Loquan drops down with your choice of eight power total and/or card draw, possibly in the form of two 2/3's if you've got no other creatures left to fight with, and half of it's on a flier. That's definitely a really nice deal and at 5GU is the kind of thing that should be correctly helping close the game.

Dragonlord Ulaj offers a similar deal: this is the capstone on an entire game's effort of milling and is definitely asking to close the game very fast after it lands. Having 2 power makes it more available for power-based reanimation, too, like Graceful Restoration, so it's more okay to wind up milling it. Ulaj would have to exist in a format with some graveyard hate but without a readily available "exile target graveyard" effect to make it unviable.

Yeah, these are good and live up to their titles and colors and costs in big ways.

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Dragonlord Khashgira 4UR
Flying
Whenever Dragonlord Khashgira attacks, scry 2.
Whenever you scry, exile the top card of your library. Until the end of turn you may play this card without paying their mana cost.
4/5

Flankbreaker Regent 2RR
Creature - Dragon
Flying
Whenever an opponent casts a spell during your turn, Flankbreaker Regent deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the converted mana cost of the spell.
4/4

Watermaw Regent 3UU
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Whenever an opponent casts a spell during your turn, look at the top five cards of your library, put one of them in your hand, and exile the rest.
4/4

Reality Rusher 1UR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying, Haste
While you are scrying you may cast Reality Rusher from your library.
3/2

IIW: Cards with the ability Grim
(Grim - Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, X happens)
Khashgira functionally gives you a choice of three cards (one blind) to impulse draw right away for combat, and in a deck of combat tricks that will work especially nicely. That said, I feel like it's missing some splashiness a mythic ought to have: scry 2 and draw a card is an effect we see on low-cost commons and doing that on attack isn't quite there. Even if it does this to all the scries later, that's seems like effect I'd probably want to see a turn or two earlier in the game with the Dragonlord doing something punchier.

I like the first of these "don't cast stuff in my turn" effects. The first is a pretty powerful burn. The second's a pretty powerful draw, but it exiles the rest & isn't optional which means an opponent with a lot of cheap spells to cast might wind up milling me out. I guess it's something I'm willing to bargain with if I cast this?

Reality Rusher makes my inner rules lawyer scream and get flashbacks to Selvala and Panglacial Wurm but I still want to see it.

Winner: @NinjaCaterpie

Next: The next beat in Elspeth's story.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

(wait, now I'm wondering what the difference is between Meg's Ojutai and Ulka's Khashgira. I responded to them very differently—and I mean even before writing anything, but definitely also after writing anything—but they're very close in function. Is it the added ward, and difference in power and cost? The effects being combined vs separate? Is what I consider a good splashy mythic a card that's playing with fire power level wise? I'm gonna be thinking about this for a while.)

Mergatroid_Jones

Elspeth and Teyo, Long Lost-Siblings 3WW
Legendary Planeswalker- Elspeth Teyo (M)
{+1}: Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token. You get an emblem with "You and legendary permanents you control have ward 1."
{-2}: Destroy up to one target creature with power or toughness 4 or greater. Create a 1/3 Wall creature token with defender.
{-7}: Destroy all nontoken creatures. Until your next turn, your opponents can't cast spells.
{{5}}

Galeibrus Tirel 2R
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (R)
T: Exile a planeswalker card from your hand. Another target legendary creature you control becomes a planeswalker. Put loyalty counters on it equal to its mana value. It has all loyalty abilities of the exiled planeswalker.
He was able to split his dying wife's spark between his two children. But the cost was sending them to new worlds where they would remember nothing.
2/2

IIW: Return to Eldraine

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

A Good Nap 1W
Instant {U}
Exile target creature or planeswalker you control. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep. When you do, draw a card.
You gain 4 life.

IIW: Somehow, Nicol Bolas returned
MEG

Ulka

All Expensed Paid Vacation W
Instant
Exile target creature or planeswalker. It's controller creates two Gold tokens.

IIW: Somehow, Nicol Bolas was planarly bound to Urgrotha with Ugin instead of the meditation plane

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Down with the New Gods 2WW
Enchantment — Aura (MR)
Enchant creature you control
Flash
When Down with the New Gods enters the battlefield, untap enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature has protection from legendary creatures you don't control and from Phyrexian creatures you don't control.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, you may pay 1W. When you do, exile target legendary or Phyrexian creature.
(story spotlight)

IIW: what if everyone just had a gun
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Ajani's Compleation 3W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature, artifact, or planeswalker
When Ajani's Compleation enters the battlefield, tap enchanted permanent. If it's an Equipment, unattach it.
Enchanted permanent doesn't untap during its controller's untap step, and its activated abilities can't be activated. Spells enchanted permanent's controller casts cost 1 more to cast.
Elspeth looked on in horror as Ajani's momentary hesitation became his permanent undoing.

Megiddo
MEG

Elspeth Ascendant 3WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Elspeth {M}
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature. Then put a +1/+1 counter on each Angel creature you control.
[+1]: Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
[-2]: Remove any number of +1/+1 counters from among creatures you control. Until end of turn, target creature gets +1/+1 for each counter removed this way and gains flying.
[-3]: You get an emblem with "Elspeth permanents you control are 4/4 Angel creatures with flying and indestructible."
{3}

IIW: what's behind door number 2?
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Elspeth and Teyo, Long Lost-Siblings 3WW
Legendary Planeswalker- Elspeth Teyo (M)
{+1}: Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token. You get an emblem with "You and legendary permanents you control have ward 1."
{-2}: Destroy up to one target creature with power or toughness 4 or greater. Create a 1/3 Wall creature token with defender.
{-7}: Destroy all nontoken creatures. Until your next turn, your opponents can't cast spells.
{{5}}

Galeibrus Tirel 2R
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (R)
T: Exile a planeswalker card from your hand. Another target legendary creature you control becomes a planeswalker. Put loyalty counters on it equal to its mana value. It has all loyalty abilities of the exiled planeswalker.
He was able to split his dying wife's spark between his two children. But the cost was sending them to new worlds where they would remember nothing.
2/2

IIW: Return to Eldraine
What a twist! The walker is OK; kind of boring as it's a very clear teamup with each ability having one half Elspeth and one half Teyo. Would have liked more synergy or mixing together. Two types of tokens is a bit messy as well, and I can't imagine the ward emblem playing super nicely memory-wise.
The spark transferral wizard is an interesting design, with lots of fun possibilitiess. The legendary requirement probably makes it fair (?). Shame you can't literally split a spark between two people, though.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
A Good Nap 1W
Instant {U}
Exile target creature or planeswalker you control. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep. When you do, draw a card.
You gain 4 life.

IIW: Somehow, Nicol Bolas returned
She certainly deserves one. Mechanics and flavour are on point.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
All Expensed Paid Vacation W
Instant
Exile target creature or planeswalker. It's controller creates two Gold tokens.

IIW: Somehow, Nicol Bolas was planarly bound to Urgrotha with Ugin instead of the meditation plane
I know what you're trying to do here, but getting paid to send your creature on vacation doesn't seem quite right. What are you doing, skimming off the top while you send your guy on a crappy vacation?
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Down with the New Gods 2WW
Enchantment — Aura (MR)
Enchant creature you control
Flash
When Down with the New Gods enters the battlefield, untap enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature has protection from legendary creatures you don't control and from Phyrexian creatures you don't control.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, you may pay 1W. When you do, exile target legendary or Phyrexian creature.
(story spotlight)

Flavour is fun, Elspeth Strikes Back. Very narrow though - not sure if it's worth the hefty costs.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Ajani's Compleation 3W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature, artifact, or planeswalker
When Ajani's Compleation enters the battlefield, tap enchanted permanent. If it's an Equipment, unattach it.
Enchanted permanent doesn't untap during its controller's untap step, and its activated abilities can't be activated. Spells enchanted permanent's controller casts cost 1 more to cast.
Elspeth looked on in horror as Ajani's momentary hesitation became his permanent undoing.

Oh man, not Ajani! I like the way this mirror's Tamiyo's completion, but in a more white way. At the same time, it does make it a bit... uninspired.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Elspeth Ascendant 3WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Elspeth {M}
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature. Then put a +1/+1 counter on each Angel creature you control.
[+1]: Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
[-2]: Remove any number of +1/+1 counters from among creatures you control. Until end of turn, target creature gets +1/+1 for each counter removed this way and gains flying.
[-3]: You get an emblem with "Elspeth permanents you control are 4/4 Angel creatures with flying and indestructible."
{3}

IIW: what's behind door number 2?
Oh that's an interesting take. I like the way the abilities play into each other, though the mana cost seems a bit high. Is the Elspeth form supposed to make them no longer planeswalkers? Are they still supposed to be able to activate loyalty abilities, or are they just beatsticks?

Winner: Megiddo.
Next: What's behind door number 2?
or "Somehow, Nicol Bolas returned"?

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ugin had grown complacent. Bolas had been stripped of his power, even of his name, but not of his cunning.

And whatever Ugin could achieve, Bolas could as well, with enough time.

And Ugin had merged with the Meditation Plane. Ugin had a spark.

Most importantly, Ugin still had a weakness.

Ugin had a mind.

Nicol Ugin As One
4ubbr
Legendary Creature - Bolas Ugin (M)
You may play cards exiled with Nicol Ugin As One for as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
[+2]: Target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from that player's graveyard or hand and exile it.
[-6]: Exile target nonland permanent.
[-12]: Each player exiles all cards from their hand and graveyard.
<7>

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Bolas's inexplicable return 3Bb
A scene reminiscent of the scene in Rise of Skywalker where Poe is telling the resistance that Palpatine returned.
sorcery
Return target creature or planeswalker card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Each opponent shuffles their hand into their library, then draws cards equal to the number of cards they had in their hand before they shuffled.
"Somehow, Nicol Bolas returned."

IIW: aggro green

NinjaCaterpie

Nick Ballast, Game Show Host 1UBBR
Legendary Planeswalker - Bolas (M)
+2 Each player names a card, then reveals the top card of their library. Each player who revealed a card they named may play it.
-X Reveal the top X cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
-13 Target player may lose the game. If they don't, you win the game.

IIW: 4/4 fliers

Mergatroid_Jones

Bolas kills and reincarnates himself.

Miru Bolas, Hatchling Reborn
Legendary Creature- Dragon (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on Miru Bolas.
Miru Bolas has flying as long as it has an age counter on it. It gets +3/+3 as long as it has three or more age counters on it.
T: Target player sacrifices a permanent, discards a card, and loses life equal to the number of age counters on Miru Bolas. Activate this ability only if there are five or more age counters on Miru Bolas.
1/1

IIW: Colorshift a character.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Bolas kills and reincarnates himself.
Ugin: "Huh. I definitely didn't see that coming."

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Callers of the Unanointed 2B
Creature — Human Warlock
Deathtouch
, Exile Callers of the Unanointed and three other creatures that share a name with it: Search your library, graveyard, and/or outside the game for a legendary card and cast it without paying its mana cost. You lose life equal to its mana value. If you searched your library this way, shuffle.
"Surely if we follow the traces of this being, it will grant us great favor!"
1/1

Megiddo
MEG

fearme
MEG

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Ugin, Complacent Jailor
Champion a planeswalker. (When this planeswalker enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you exile another planeswalker you control. When this planeswalker leaves the battlefield, that card returns to the battlefield.)
+1 Create 2 2/2 colorless Spirit creature tokens.
-3 Exile up to two target nonland permanents.
-9 Target opponent reveals the top fourteen cards of their library. Put each nonland permanent revealed this way onto the battlefield under your control
{7}

IIW: Tribal Batching
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”