Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
If you are reading this post, judging has started and I will accept no further entries.
what if I can't read
What is the femme equivalent of "based himbo king"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

This challenge came about because I had speculated that the way Neo-Kamigawa would handle the Spirit Realm was to have technology/magic that would allow one to "jack in," much like the Matrix. As far as I know this is not how this was handled, but I will always wonder what could have been. I wanted to see what other paths not traveled you guys could come up with. Side note, I was intending for entries to only be planes that we have already returned to at least once, but as we had multiple people do brand new takes on returns, I won't hold that against anybody.

I'm not doing the usual multiquote judgment due to window size constraints, so please bear with me.

Mergatroid Jones
I'm definitely an Eldrazi fan, so I'm happy to see this one. Bonus points for making cards from two separate sets, taking things that extra step. If we compare this to BFZ/OGW, this feels like BFZ would be nearly identical, though OGW takes more of a New Phyrexia angle. Overall, reasonable.
All is Lost: This loses a little in the translation from All Is Dust I think, as the colorless mechanics of the Eldrazi are important to their identity. This feels like it has a "please ban me in hundred card format" sticker on it, since a total game reset (including emptying hands) feels like it might add another hour on to the game.
Kor Martyr: We did get allies in the original BFZ, though I see your angle here with the death trigger. Again, reasonable.
Joryuseth: This feels appropriately busted for a giant titan. The first ability I might rework, since there's a lot of decks that don't run enough basics for the ability to be fair. I also think the combination of the protection ability & a static ability might be unfun.
Biomorph: We're bringing Changeling into this set? Sure. I see your note on a "new primordial world," though I wonder how you would incorporate Changeling. Would it look a bit like how Kaldheim did it?

Juancu
Yes please! Lorwyn/Shadowmoor were sets from my nostalgia years that I wish to revisit. I think this take mostly aligns with the story canon (that being the end of the Great Aurora and the return of a normal day/night cycle), but preserving some of that binary with the "collective dreaming" sounds like a good idea.
Aristocrat: I thought this was two cards when I was skimming originally, but joke's on me obviously. My two comments on this: One, nesting "modified" inside of a keyword seems potentially ambitious, but perhaps in the future it'll be possible. Two, This feels like a bit of werewolves or even day/night kind of mechanical space, though with a bit more mental load. Instead of "a thing happened, I need to flip my cards," I need to check every card to see if it qualifies for flipping every turn. That may be more trouble than it's worth.

chetoos
So this is like, Innistrad: Eternal Night? Same general flavor/worldbuilding as the Midnight Hunt set but with a different focus? I'm into it. I don't care for werewolves, really.
Gisa: I like that this scales in power as your Zombie army grows. I think the ability is a bit confusing. It triggers on "one or more" zombies dealing combat damage, but counts your total zombies. Two different numbers. Obviously in practice it's straightforward: Deal damage with a zombie? Count your zombies. Very simple. But it reads awkwardly. This reminds me a bit of Endless Ranks of the Dead where it can range from useless to overwhelming depending on how strong your board already is.
Necromantic Leader: Straightforward build-around. Mass menace + a power boost is strong.
Corpse Burner: Oh, so we are also introducing Daybound/Nightbound in this set. Seems fine but might pull focus from zombie elements. I do like this card, though. Makes sense to have in the set given the focus.

NinjaCaterpie
Bro we haven't even been to New Capenna the first time yet. So I'm just skipping to "Mad Max Plane." We can roll with that. Also here I will note that New Capenna is giving me strong Amonkhet vibes, and that this proposed set could just be there instead.
Rusted Obliterator: Damn we really demoted an Obliterator to common? Dormant is a mechanic that promotes inaction, so I am skeptical. I could see this design on an individual card, but not as a keyword.
Stay Hidden: Speaking of inaction, here we have a card that rewards........ not attacking. I do think that in the abstract this card is fine, though. It just makes me think about what kind of set you're envisioning when I see these two cards back to back.
Roving Broker: Squid people are going to have a rough time in the desert. I like this card. If I'm reading this right, in the event on a tie, both players will return a creature AND you will get to draw a card. If that's true, this card is great. Good utility. It also has some built-in protection against win-more. You can't jam this to slam the door on an opponent who's already down on creatures. That said, as-is, you can use it as a half-price Whispers of the Muse if you're up on creatures (sorcery speed, of course). That may need to be adjusted.
Reluctant Wanderer: So far 3/4 on these cards that reduce attacking. This rewards you for amassing creatures and not attacking with any of them. What's the deal? This one feels a bit off for me somewhere. Like the payoff is potentially so explosive, but it doesn't have any way to force it through or anything. Idk.
Promised Sanctuary: As this only triggers once, we yet again have a card that rewards amassing an army and doing nothing with it. Well, this one at least has a payoff when you decide to shove on turn two thousand, but your opponent will be happy to take two damage to get you to sacrifice this if you poke in with somebody. So ideally you're attacking with a lot of guys. But only once! More seriously, if you attack with even just two guys this is a massive payoff, and this is a potent aggro curve topper even if you do treat it as a sorcery.
Venge-Slayer Tirel: What is this, desparked Elspeth? At least this one gets to attack.

Spacemonaut
Lol, so Ravnica without the whole war or whatever. A Day in the Life of Ravnica would be something fun I think. Looking ahead, the flavor on these cards is all delightful.
Tajic: Ransom returns! Is the payment of 4 a special action? This may count as a busted combat trick, but at rare it may be acceptable; you lose games to their rares a lot of the time.
Safety Protocol: A bit Azorius with the first ability. Not sure if that's in pie. Overall this makes sense with the new flavor here.
Loyal Krasis: Because petting the fish beast dog is instant speed, this card is going to be pretty strong! Chronomaton with trample. Good dog!

Sporegorger_Dragon
The ELDER Nephilim??? I like what you put together here. Might be a complex environment (I'm mostly thinking about how you have assigned guilds to individual Nephilim, but those guilds show up in the colors of two other Nephilim too), but I enjoy all of this.
Yolg: Right, so Yore-Tiller Nephilim++. Flash for the end-of-turn surprise is very strong (though good luck getting somebody to attack into you with six mana untapped). The addition of mill to this effect works.
Yore-Tiller Cultist: I take it these would be our Guildmages for this set. My only concern with this cycle would be that I need at least three colors of mana for this card to have a payoff. The hybrid split cost, while in line with your guild split for these guys, asks for a combination of colors that don't match up with either activated ability. The format where this card works is going to need some wild mana to work. That said, the abilities on this card are strong enough to make it worth putting in the effort to make that manabase work, I think.
Charm of the Yore-Tiller: I'd push to find three abilities for these regardless of the fact that they're four colors. This one has one standout ability (instant-speed Breath of Life) along with three other solid abilities. No further comment.
Charm of the Witch-Maw: A glimpse into another Cult here. Putting another similar counterspell ability here caught my attention. Usually there's less overlap in charm cycles. Otherwise, same comment as the previous one.

Cythare
Sometimes you do get what you wish for. I won't do 15 card-by-card entries here but rather a holistic view of what I can glean from your mechanics and themes and such. Daretti in Mercadia makes a lot of sense, and I now am hoping we get to see that.
Overall this is a pack that made me smile. Lots of callbacks (spellshapers, free spells, rebels... fading... more on that one in a bit) and fun new cards. I see vehicles, a couple new mechanics... Speaking of, let me first highlight ____ cascade as a Big Problem for what I hope are reasonably obvious reasons. Sorcery cascade in particular opens a lot of balance issues and I'd argue against doing it. Rebel Cascade is probably fun though. It's actually a great echo of the Rebel mechanic from the original set by way of using "lesser converted mana cost" without the repetitive gameplay of being able to tutor. I don't know if it holds up in constructed, but for limited it might be fun, though it would be very powerful. Outsource is, I guess, Suspend with some neat tweaks. I see the artifact tokens as well as Daretti and the Hotwirer that point to an artifact theme. With Hotwirer I kind of would expect to see a vehicle in this pack, but I think I can infer their existence well enough. I mentioned Fading earlier--that probably can't exist in the same set as Outsource.
I'll pay some extra attention to Daretti. The first ability feels more like Saheeli, but I think this works for Daretti. The -3 in particular is a good ability: Creating a token before dealing the damage gives you a reasonable floor for the card. At -3, could it make 2 tokens? (probably not)

void_nothing
I was a little sad that we lost so much of the spirits and such in Neo Kamigawa. Techno cyberpunk magic is great and all, but I couldn't help but feel that something huge was lost. See my opening paragraph for more on how I feel about this. That said, Eldrazi! Starting and ending my evening with the colorless menace
Hanzaemon's Interceptor: Cute Eight-and-a-Half-Tails + Curtain of Light mashup. Makes me wonder if other Samurai would have some similar abilities.
Hypnotic Soundscape: Does Arcane matrix allow you to target the spell you're casting? Or must it hit another spell. If the former you've created a super-flexible Replicate variant. If not, it's still super flexible, though so mana intensive (and card intensive) that I'm not sure that you'd ever be in a game position to really take advantage of it (as you need both a lot of mana and a lot of cards).
Oni of Frenzied Slaughter: Classic "slap deathtouch on a guy that's big enough to kill anything anyway." This is probably big enough to be uncommon.
Kakkazan: I'm glad I checked, because this is an existing character (that even just got namedropped on Kumano Faces Kakkazan // Etching of Kumano). I see we're getting a rerun of Devoid here, which is a mechanic that only I liked the first time around, so that's good for you. Mythic looks right for this one. Avulse I'd want to see in playtesting action before I pass judgment on it. Flavorwise I do like it, and it punishes inaction by your opponents (control players continue to seethe).
Sakura-Tribe Sanctifiers: Good way to have some tribal elements while being flexible with the set themes. Should this be able to grant hexproof to itself? Interesting combination of abilities as well, on a body that doesn't feel like it fits for either.
All is Damned: And we close out exactly as we started with another All Is Dust reference. This one is pretty brutal, but 8 mana is basically a million. Flashback is just plain funny.

Ok, whew, we're done. Just in time to watch another fourth-quarter chokejob. Please don't lose to the Pistons.

Winner: Cythare
Next: What's Urabrask up to on New Capenna?
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

update: ughh
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

I was thinking of doing a Guilds of Lorwyn booster, but that wasn't quite what the challenge was and also I was at, uh. work.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

simply quit your job and enjoy funemployment like I did
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Might be a complex environment (I'm mostly thinking about how you have assigned guilds to individual Nephilim, but those guilds show up in the colors of two other Nephilim too), but I enjoy all of this.
I mean, yeah there's going to be a bit of overlap; a Gruul card making Goblin tokens, while aligned with Dune-Brood, can be included in your Ink-Treader deck if you are so inclined.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
I need at least three colors of mana for this card to have a payoff. The hybrid split cost, while in line with your guild split for these guys, asks for a combination of colors that don't match up with either activated ability.
Massive brain fart on my part, I had it right the first time but then I changed it. Was supposed to be , it was really late when I edited it. I think what caused my brain malfunction was; "hang on, that's Azorius and Rakdos, that won't do!"
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Speaking of work, I had to Google the thread again today and it's now the top of the search when I search "Nexus Flamingo". It used to be third or something. (probably not search history related either).

Real entry:

Unlikely Alliance 2RR
Sorcery (R)
Target creature you control and target creature you don't control fight each other. If neither creature is put into a graveyard this turn, gain control of both.
Mutual respect can be forged in the strangest circumstances.

Less real entry;

Predictable Story Beat 2R
Sorcery (M)
Predictable Story Beat deals 40 damage to target player if they control an Elspeth with more loyalty counters than her starting loyalty.
"Sorry, looks like you developed a bond with Elspeth for more than nine seconds, so you have to die. It's for... uh... character development. Them's the rules." - Jarevis Jermy, Creative Director and Sadism Fan, Praetors of the Coast

IIW: The next major event in Elspeth's story (or the one after that).

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Urabask saw a street race the first day he was there and immediately stopped caring about all other priorities.

Uthien, Urabask's Prodigy 1RR
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Pilot (R)
Uthien, Urabask's Prodigy and other creatures you control each crew Vehicles as though their power were 1 greater.
Vehicles you control have haste and trample.
Whenever a Vehicle enters the battlefield under your control, it becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
2/2

CR also gets updated to specify that "crew as though their power were N greater" abilities stack cumulatively; five Uthiens would increase your crew power by 5. (It's currently silent on the issue since this situation isn't possible.)

IIW: What if enemy colored dragons took over Tarkir?
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 9 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Freedom Soiree 2RG
Enchantment
Creatures you don't control have first strike
Creatures you control get +0/+1 and have "whenever this creature takes damage, it gets +1/+0 for each damage it took"
If an effect an opponent controls would reduce the power of a creature you control, it increases it by the same amount instead.
"I'll get you whatever you need, Urubrask, but I insist that you attend a party. It's being thrown in your honor, after all." - Jetmir

IIW: Aggro green

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Non-silly entry:

Lying Low 1U
Enchantment- Aura (U)
When Lying Low enters the battlefield, name a legendary creature.
Enchanted creature can't be targeted by spells and can't be blocked by creatures with power 3 or greater.
When a creature with the chosen name enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, return enchanted creature and Lying Low to their owners' hands and draw 2 cards.
"Apparently, they call him 'the hidden'." -Lady Xander to Lord Xander

Xander's Safehouse 1
Artifact (R)
When a spell or ability controlled by an opponent causes you to discard one or more cards, you may draw a card at the beginning of the next end step.
If a spell or ability controlled by an opponent would cause you to sacrifice one or more permanents, you may return one of those permanents to its owner's hand instead of sacrificing it.
Urabrask could guarantee the safety of New Capenna from Phyrexia if Lord Xander could guarantee the safety of Urabrask from Norn.
Silly entry
Show
Hide
Car Shopping 3R
Enchantment (R)
X: Search your library for a vehicle with mana value X or less, and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. It becomes a creature and gains haste until end of turn. At the beginning of your next upkeep, exile it unless you pay its mana cost and sacrifice Car Shopping.
It was the only place in the multiverse he could buy a convertible.
IIW: A 7/1, 1/7, 3/6, or 6/3.

Post by avatarz » 2 years ago

Compleation Protocol R
Sorcery (U)
For each R in the cost of the next spell you cast this turn, you may pay 2 life rather than pay that mana.
Draw a card.
"I said we needed Elspeth, not how we needed her." — Tezzeret

IIW: Peculiar triggers
Last edited by avatarz 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Bebop Band 2RR
Enchantment - Band
(As a sorcery and once per turn, tap an ungrouped creature you control to group it with this band. Sacrifice after Third.)
First > Create a 2/2 red Bard creature token with Haste.
Second > Exile the top two cards of your library. You may play them this turn.
Third > Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature in this group and add RRR.

IIW: isekai
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Sightseeing
2g
Sorcery (U)
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Then if you control four or more lands, create a Food token.
"And here's The Drunken Cephalid, where Jetmir, knowing the place was under Obscura surveillance, infamously flashed Raffine!" -Lorn, cephalid tour guide

Art: Urabrask, decked out like a stereotypical tourist with a plane-appropriate Polaroid camera equivalent taking pictures, bundled into a tour vehicle that is too small for him, enraptured by every word the tour guide says. In the back is Vivien comforting Tezzeret, who has his face buried in his hands.

IIW: Multicolored drakes

Megiddo
MEG

Halo and Chill 2R
Sorcery {C}
Up to two target creatures you control get +4/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.
"nm, u?"

IIW: Where's Elesh Norn?
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

High as a Kite 2R
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant permanent
Enchanted creature gets +4/+0 and can't block.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, discard a card, then draw two cards.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Sorry for the delay - past couple days have been an unexpected whirlwind.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Speaking of work, I had to Google the thread again today and it's now the top of the search when I search "Nexus Flamingo". It used to be third or something. (probably not search history related either).

Real entry:

Unlikely Alliance 2RR
Sorcery (R)
Target creature you control and target creature you don't control fight each other. If neither creature is put into a graveyard this turn, gain control of both.
Mutual respect can be forged in the strangest circumstances.

Less real entry;

Predictable Story Beat 2R
Sorcery (M)
Predictable Story Beat deals 40 damage to target player if they control an Elspeth with more loyalty counters than her starting loyalty.
"Sorry, looks like you developed a bond with Elspeth for more than nine seconds, so you have to die. It's for... uh... character development. Them's the rules." - Jarevis Jermy, Creative Director and Sadism Fan, Praetors of the Coast

Predictable Story Beat made me chuckle. Unlikely Alliance is a cool multi-mode removal spell. The "gain control of both" is a bit wonky since one of the targets is a creature you control, but this lets you do a super one-two punch with an Act of Treason, so it's a neat hidden effect.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Urabask saw a street race the first day he was there and immediately stopped caring about all other priorities.

Uthien, Urabask's Prodigy 1RR
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Pilot (R)
Uthien, Urabask's Prodigy and other creatures you control each crew Vehicles as though their power were 1 greater.
Vehicles you control have haste and trample.
Whenever a Vehicle enters the battlefield under your control, it becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
2/2

CR also gets updated to specify that "crew as though their power were N greater" abilities stack cumulatively; five Uthiens would increase your crew power by 5. (It's currently silent on the issue since this situation isn't possible.)

IIW: What if enemy colored dragons took over Tarkir?
This feels like a lot, but it's also hard to quantify. I'm fine with the first effect - it's hard to quantify, but I specifically like your CR note. Turning every Vehicle into a Fleetwheel Cruiser, on the other hand, seems really strong. I don't know exactly how strong, but it's definitely a card that will pull you into a Vehicles deck if you get it early enough.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Freedom Soiree 2RG
Enchantment
Creatures you don't control have first strike
Creatures you control get +0/+1 and have "whenever this creature takes damage, it gets +1/+0 for each damage it took"
If an effect an opponent controls would reduce the power of a creature you control, it increases it by the same amount instead.
"I'll get you whatever you need, Urubrask, but I insist that you attend a party. It's being thrown in your honor, after all." - Jetmir

I'm not quite sure how the second line is intended to work, and I'm not sure how the third line would be implemented. For the third line, I think that could probably be figured out with some sort of templating massaging. For the second line, I'm not clear if it's intended to last until end of turn, but currently it doesn't.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Non-silly entry:

Lying Low 1U
Enchantment- Aura (U)
When Lying Low enters the battlefield, name a legendary creature.
Enchanted creature can't be targeted by spells and can't be blocked by creatures with power 3 or greater.
When a creature with the chosen name enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, return enchanted creature and Lying Low to their owners' hands and draw 2 cards.
"Apparently, they call him 'the hidden'." -Lady Xander to Lord Xander

Xander's Safehouse 1
Artifact (R)
When a spell or ability controlled by an opponent causes you to discard one or more cards, you may draw a card at the beginning of the next end step.
If a spell or ability controlled by an opponent would cause you to sacrifice one or more permanents, you may return one of those permanents to its owner's hand instead of sacrificing it.
Urabrask could guarantee the safety of New Capenna from Phyrexia if Lord Xander could guarantee the safety of Urabrask from Norn.
Silly entry
Show
Hide
Car Shopping 3R
Enchantment (R)
X: Search your library for a vehicle with mana value X or less, and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. It becomes a creature and gains haste until end of turn. At the beginning of your next upkeep, exile it unless you pay its mana cost and sacrifice Car Shopping.
It was the only place in the multiverse he could buy a convertible.
IIW: A 7/1, 1/7, 3/6, or 6/3.
Lying Low seems underpowered at first until I realized that you can use it as an engine, and that it's actually very solid. It protects from (most) removal spells and makes a large creature very difficult to block, and it doesn't care who casts the named legendary creature, so you can use this with two cheap legendary creatures to just repeatedly cast Divination over and over again. That might be problematic for Limited, but given the required legendary density to be consistent, maybe it's fine?

Xander's Safehouse is a neat sideboard card that I'd like to see available in various formats.

Car Shopping is cute, but I wish it put the Vehicle in your graveyard.
2 years ago
Compleation Protocol R
Sorcery (U)
For each R in the cost of the next spell you cast this turn, you may pay 2 life rather than pay that mana.
Draw a card.
"I said we needed Elspeth, not how we needed her." — Tezzeret

IIW: Peculiar triggers
The story daggers! I can't say I've ever wanted to flashback Volley of Boulders by paying 12 life to do 6 to my opponent, but I do now.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Bebop Band 2RR
Enchantment - Band
(As a sorcery and once per turn, tap an ungrouped creature you control to group it with this band. Sacrifice after Third.)
First > Create a 2/2 red Bard creature token with Haste.
Second > Exile the top two cards of your library. You may play them this turn.
Third > Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature in this group and add RRR.

IIW: isekai
The reminder text wording is quite unclear to me - it reads as thought it's mandatory, like a Saga, which I assume is not intentional. It also seems like this is an action to take, and since it isn't worded like "cost: effect" that also makes this seem like this is a special action with a timing restriction, which I very much dislike. The concept itself is neat, and I like the escalating effects. I just would need a bit more insight before being completely on board.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Sightseeing
2g
Sorcery (U)
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Then if you control four or more lands, create a Food token.
"And here's The Drunken Cephalid, where Jetmir, knowing the place was under Obscura surveillance, infamously flashed Raffine!" -Lorn, cephalid tour guide

Art: Urabrask, decked out like a stereotypical tourist with a plane-appropriate Polaroid camera equivalent taking pictures, bundled into a tour vehicle that is too small for him, enraptured by every word the tour guide says. In the back is Vivien comforting Tezzeret, who has his face buried in his hands.

Seems like a straightforward Cultivate+ effect. I wish the Food token threshold was higher - the default in Limited will always result in having four lands, which feels like too low of a bar.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Halo and Chill 2R
Sorcery {C}
Up to two target creatures you control get +4/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.
"nm, u?"

IIW: Where's Elesh Norn?
This is a convoluted Lava Axe effect.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
High as a Kite 2R
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant permanent
Enchanted creature gets +4/+0 and can't block.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, discard a card, then draw two cards.

High as a Kite indeed. This is a lot of card advantage, and a pretty hefty power boost to boot. If the creature is able to tussle in combat and survive to attack a second time, you should be way ahead in terms of card advantage.

HM: NC for Unlikely Alliance, avatarz for daggering me in the heart
Winner: Mergatroid_Jones for Xander's Safehouse
Next: A 7/1, 1/7, 3/6, or 6/3.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Simzet hybrid
Creature - Ooze Weird
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature, then this creature's base power and toughness becomes your choice of 3/6 or 6/3.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature. When you do, that creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter.
"I didn't know Weirds had biological components, did you?" Ral Zarek to Prime Speaker Vannifar
3/6

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Primeval Clay 5
Creature - Shapeshifter {R}
As Primeval Clay enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 7/1 artifact creature with haste, a 6/3 artifact creature with trample, a 3/6 artifact creature with first strike, or a 1/7 artifact creature with defender in addition to its other types.
*/*

IIW: Garlic, Onions
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Luckblade Shinobi 5WB
Creature - Human Ninja (R)
Double strike
Ninjutsu - WWBB, Pay 7 life
"Ah, my favourite number."
7/1

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Wings of Lightning 2RR
(art: this is totally for kolaghan's clan)
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, target creature you control has base power and toughness 7/1 and gains trample and haste.
Rebound (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)

IIW: What if enemy colored dragons took over tarkir?

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 2 years ago

Ancestors of the Horde
Creature — Spirit Warrior (U)
Haste, trample
As long as Ancestors of the Horde entered the battlefield this turn, its base power and toughness are 7/1.
2/2

IIW Alt-universe Tarkir where the dragons survived but in chains. They live an abject existence as the slaves of the clans.
formerly willows

Sporegorger_Dragon

Duga, the Dune-Brood
2wbrg
Legendary Creature - Elder Nephilim (M)
Whenever Duga, the Dune-Brood enters the battlefield or attacks, you may search your library for a Desert card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
Whenever Duga deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a 1/1 colorless Sand creature token for each land you control.
3/6

Edit: Yes the set would have a couple of Deserts; desolate and arid areas of Ravnica where the infrastructure is breaking down and the Izzet waterworks have failed completely so there's no water. Abandoned by the Simic and written-off as uninhabitable by the Golgari and Selesnya. Sparsely populated, mostly by desert-adapted animals and a few Gruul-aligned folk.

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post by avatarz » 2 years ago

Witness of Stillness 1UU
Creature — Sphinx (R)
Flying
Witness of Stillness' power and toughness can't change.
"How are you expecting something to die, if it was never born?" — Dollekian Oracle
1/7

IIW: New Capenna but with non-clownish guild names

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Triumph 4RW
Creature — Elemental Incarnation (R)
Haste, vigilance
Attacking creatures have base power and toughness 7/1.
1/7

IIW: Your gift to Jetmir for the Crescendo
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Creak, Wooden Warrior3GG
Creature - Treefolk Warrior (R)
Vigilance, Trample
When Creak, Wooden Warrior enters the battlefield, search your library for a creature card with total power and toughness equaling 9, reveal it and put it on to the battlefield tapped. Shuffle.
3/6

IIW; Design a creature depicted on a non creature card that currently doesn't have a creature card.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”