NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Homeland
Land (C)
You may have Homeland enter the battlefield as a copy of target basic land.
: Add .
The Wanderer looked around and began to weep. She knew this place. This was home.

Strange Horizons
Land (U)
You may have Strange Horizons enter the battlefield as a copy of target nonbasic land.
"It doesn't matter where the straight leads. That's where we're going." -Captain Lannery Storm
bonus
Show
Hide
Eerie Lake
Land (U)
Eerie Lake enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a basic plains, island, and swamp.
,: Add

Night Market
Land (R)
, Sacrifice a permanent: Add one mana of any color.
, Pay life: Add .
"You can get anything here. Anything." --Gonti, Master of the Night Market

Family Crypt
Land (R)
Family Crypt enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, name a creature type.
When a creature of the chosen type dies, exile it.
: Add . Then if you have exactly five black mana, you may put a creature card exiled with Family Crypt into your hand.

(No room for flavor text, but the art makes it clear that the family referenced is family Sengir.)
IIW: Lands lands lands

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Balduvian Warhost 3RRR
Creature - Human Barbarian (M)
Trample
Whenever Balduvian Warhost deals combat damage to a player, reveal your hand. Put each Barbarian, Berserker, and Warrior permanent card revealed this way onto the battlefield, then discard the rest.
7/6

IIW: b a r b a r i a n
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Dishonorable Gambit B
Instant (C)
Target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Desperation - If you have half or less of your starting life total, that creature also gains "Whenever this creature attacks alone, it must be blocked by at least two creatures this turn if able" until end of turn.

IIW: "half or less of your/their starting life total"
Last edited by Ink-Treader 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Blood Vessel
b
Creature - Thrull (U)
When Blood Vessel is sacrificed, create three Blood tokens.
3b, T, Sacrifice Blood Vessel: You gain 2 life.
0/1
Bred by vampires as a "humane" alternative to human livestock.

EDIT: A bit late, but:
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man
urw
Legendary Creature - Human Spider Hero (M)
When Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man enters the battlefield, choose one. If you have defined abs, instead choose two.
=================
Tobey Maguire- Vigilance
Whenever Peter Parker attacks, investigate twice.
=================
Andrew Garfield- Double strike
Whenever Peter Parker deals combat damage to a player, discard a card, then draw a card.
=================
Tom Holland- Prowess
Peter Parker has flying and hexproof as long as he's attacking.
3/2

Art: That meme of Spider-Man where Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland unmasked in their suits point at each other while Tobey Maguire is in the middle pointing at both of them.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Getting the rights to use the actors from various Spider-Man movies would likely involve coordinating with both Disney and Sony, which is why I figured WotC would probably find it more troublesome, but maybe not!
Validation...sweet validation...

IIW: Creature with CMC mana value of 1.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Mishmash 5
Sorcery (R)
Mill 5 cards. You get a deathtouch counter, a lifelink counter, a trample counter, a flying counter and a menace counter. For as long as you have an ability counter, you may cast a creature card from your graveyard with that ability by spending that counter (pay its other costs.)

IIW: not this again!
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Stalking Nacatl 2G
Creature - Cat (C)
Prowl - G (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Cat.)
Stalking Nacatl gets +2/+1 as long as you control a Plains.
2/2

IIW: Design a Common card for a Pauper Zoo/Domain Deck
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

My IIW was Germs.

Gearsmith Reclaimer RW
Artifact Creature — Phyrexian Artificer
Whenever a non-Germ creature you control dies, for each Equipment that was attached to it as it died, create a 0/0 black Phyrexian Germ creature token and attach that Equipment to that creature.
: Add . Spend this mana only to cast Equipment spells or activate abilities of Equipment.
2/2

IIW: Phyrexia invades your favourite plane (or if it's already there, Segovia)
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 2 years ago

Momentum Vessel
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
Whenever one or more creatures crew Momentum Vessel, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the total power among creatures which crewed it minus 1. If X is 10 or more, it gains double strike until end of turn.
Crew 1
3/2

IIW: Need for speed
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Jace, Manifold Mage 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace {M}
Whenever one or more creatures attack Jace, Manifold Mage, create two tokens that are copies of Jace, Manifold Mage, except they're not legendary and have starting loyalty 1.
[+1]: Scry 1. Then, if Jace, Manifold Mage is legendary, draw a card.
[-2]: Up to one target creature gets -3/-0 until your next turn and attacks Jace, Manifold Mage if able.
[0]: Sacrifice any number of permanents named Jace, Manifold Mage. Target opponent mills 5 cards for each permanent you sacrificed this way.
{3}

IIW: go to another CCC game thread, find the most recent thing they're doing, and do one of those in here. (e.g., mine here is "next: planeswalker tokens, teehee" from "The Token Game")
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

i didnt' know there WERE other threads until today
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Robo-Thalia, Shield Guardian of New Thraben 1W
Legendary Artifact Creature — Construct Soldier (R)
Artifact spells cost 1 less to cast.
Nonartifact spells cost 1 more to cast.
2/1

IIW: A construct replacement
Cute. It's very robo and very Thalia. I get the strange feeling it'd lead to steamrolling artifact decks as it works double time ramping you and slowing responses, but I guess it's hard to tell. Artifact-based artifact hate might even it out.
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Dreadful Visitation
Enchantment (R)
Shades, Specters, Spirits, and Wraiths you control get +2/+2 and have menace.

IIW: Tribal Batching (Named or unnamed)
I like the batch, but the card is a bit boring. It also feels a bit weird in 3 colours, even though I get that the types somewhat lean white/blue (with Spirits especially in Innistrad).
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
The White Knight of New Capenna 3WW
Legendary Planeswalker - Elspeth
+2 - Up to one target creature you control gains your choice of vigilance, first strike, or flying until end of turn.
-1 - The White Knight of New Capenna becomes a 5/5 human knight creature with first strike and indestructible until end of turn. You can activate this ability any time you could cast an instant, but only before attackers are declared.
-3 - Create a 1/1 white soldier creature token. When you do, you may exile up to one target creature with mana value less than or equal to the number of creatures you control.
-7 - You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have first strike." and "Whenever a creature you control dies, gain life equal to its power."

Jace, Distraught Messenger 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace
Whenever one or more loyalty counters are removed from Jace, scry that many cards.
+1 - Draw a card. Creatures you don't control get -1/-0 until your next turn.
+1 - Target creature gets -4/-0 until your next turn.
-8 - Reveal the top card of your library, then draw cards equal to that card's mana value.

Urza, Ascendant WUBRG
Legendary Planeswalker - Urza
Urza has all loyalty abilities of all non-urza planeswalkers on the battlefield. Those abilities cost an additional +1 to activate.
+1 - up to one Target non-creature artifact becomes an artifact creature with base power and toughness 0/0 until your next turn It gains "this creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control" and your choice of vigilance, flying, first strike, menace, or trample until your next turn.
-4 - Look at the top 4 cards of your library. From among those cards, choose a white, blue, black, red, and green card, and put those cards in your hand. Put the remaining cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-9 - Search your library for any number of non-urza planeswalker cards with different types and put them onto the battlefield under your control.

IIW: Design a planeswalker card for one of the announced upcoming sets (Streets of New Capenna, brother's war, dominaria united, Baldur's gate commander legends, Unfinity, LOTR set.)
Elspeth: Taking Gideon's trademark and handing it over to Elspeth, eh? Seems OK though it might be missing a damage-prevention line. Otherwise, the abilities seem pretty Elspethy. Adding a Batman to New Capenna is honestly kinda inspired and Elspeth does fit.
Jace: Seems very weak. A bit much overlap between the +1s, I think.
Urza: There's a lot of words there. It's WUBRG. It's probably fine.

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Goblin Triplibonker 1RR
Creature - Goblin Berserker {R}
Trample, haste
Triple the first damage I deal.
1/3

IIW: Unusual, unique, or novel templating.
Kinda interesting. Feels very potent with even the slightest bit of support in the deck. New wording is ok, I guess.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Homeland
Land (C)
You may have Homeland enter the battlefield as a copy of target basic land.
The Wanderer looked around and began to weep. She knew this place. This was home.

Strange Horizons
Land (U)
You may have Strange Horizons enter the battlefield as a copy of target nonbasic land.
"It doesn't matter where the straight leads. That's where we're going." -Captain Lannery Storm
bonus
Show
Hide
Eerie Lake
Land (U)
Eerie Lake enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a basic plains, island, and swamp.
,: Add

Night Market
Land (R)
, Sacrifice a permanent: Add one mana of any color.
, Pay life: Add .
"You can get anything here. Anything." --Gonti, Master of the Night Market

Family Crypt
Land (R)
Family Crypt enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, name a creature type.
When a creature of the chosen type dies, exile it.
: Add . Then if you have exactly five black mana, you may put a creature card exiled with Family Crypt into your hand.

(No room for flavor text, but the art makes it clear that the family referenced is family Sengir.)
IIW: Lands lands lands
Homeland is cute, Strange Horizons seems very easy to make busted. Most formats don't have a lot of basics, so it's very rarely dead (and even then, it still comes down as a land to produce mana, unlike Vesuva)
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Balduvian Warhost 3RRR
Trample
Whenever Balduvian Warhost deals combat damage to a player, reveal your hand. Put each Barbarian, Berserker, and Warrior permanent card revealed this way onto the battlefield, then discard the rest.
7/6

IIW: b a r b a r i a n
Splashy! Explosive! All-in! Barbarian!
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Dishonorable Gambit B
Instant (C)
Target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Desperation - If you have half or less of your starting life total, that creature also gains "Whenever this creature attacks alone, it must be blocked by at least two creatures this turn if able" until end of turn.

IIW: "half or less of your/their starting life total"
"Fateful hour but better" is an interesting choice for a challenge. Card is pretty solid, though something of a beating in limited. Nit: the extra wording might be simplifiable using menace?
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Blood Vessel
b
Creature - Thrull (U)
When Blood Vessel is sacrificed, create three Blood tokens.
3b, T, Sacrifice Blood Vessel: You gain 2 life.
0/1
Bred by vampires as a "humane" alternative to human livestock.

IIW: Creature with CMC mana value of 1.
Narrow and kinda unexciting. The baseline rate is so expensive it might as well be flavour text. For a card like that, you'd hope it'd do more than let you loot... if you spend more mana.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Mishmash 5
Sorcery (R)
Mill 5 cards. You get a deathtouch counter, a lifelink counter, a trample counter, a flying counter and a menace counter. For as long as you have an ability counter, you may cast a creature card from your graveyard with that ability by spending that counter (pay its other costs.)

IIW: not this again!
What a bizarre card. The idea of it is fun, but surely this is black?
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Stalking Nacatl 2G
Creature - Cat (C)
Prowl - G (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Cat.)
Stalking Nacatl gets +2/+1 as long as you control a Plains.
2/2

Prowl seems... very narrow. Unless you intend for it to be tribal and not just Cats only...? Otherwise it's a functional enough 3-drop Kird Ape/Loam Lion type of card.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
My IIW was Germs.

Gearsmith Reclaimer RW
Artifact Creature — Phyrexian Artificer
Whenever a non-Germ creature you control dies, for each Equipment that was attached to it as it died, create a 0/0 black Phyrexian Germ creature token and attach that Equipment to that creature.
: Add . Spend this mana only to cast Equipment spells or activate abilities of Equipment.
2/2

IIW: Phyrexia invades Segovia
I was intending for you to use your NEXT IIW to make a card... though this card fits for both so it's fine. I like the card a lot - it's very flavourful and impactful in the right deck. It might do a litttle bit too much depending on its rarity though.
mellifluoresce wrote:
2 years ago
Momentum Vessel
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
Whenever one or more creatures crew Momentum Vessel, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the total power among creatures which crewed it minus 1. If X is 10 or more, it gains double strike until end of turn.
Crew 1
3/2

IIW: Need for speed
That's pretty cute; a Vehicle that wants to be crewed by bigger creatures. Rates are probably acceptable, though it seems quite win-more if it only works when you already have 10 power of creatures.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Jace, Manifold Mage 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace {M}
Whenever one or more creatures attack Jace, Manifold Mage, create two tokens that are copies of Jace, Manifold Mage, except they're not legendary and have starting loyalty 1.
[+1]: Scry 1. Then, if Jace, Manifold Mage is legendary, draw a card.
[-2]: Up to one target creature gets -3/-0 until your next turn and attacks Jace, Manifold Mage if able.
[0]: Sacrifice any number of permanents named Jace, Manifold Mage. Target opponent mills 5 cards for each permanent you sacrificed this way.
{3}

IIW: go to another CCC game thread, find the most recent thing they're doing, and do one of those in here. (e.g., mine here is "next: planeswalker tokens, teehee" from "The Token Game")
My first thought was it's insane because it keeps multiplying, but I see the safety levers you put in that prevent this from being overcracked. Really like the way they all play together, actually; the starting loyalty, -2 cost, +1 impact, etc. Definitely interesting; probably a bulk rare but gets the brain juices going.
Winner: void_nothing, on tiebreak of IIW
HM: spacemonaut

Next: b a r b a r i a n
Example card:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Balduvian Warhost 3RRR
Trample
7/6

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@NinjaCaterpie i'm sure Ulka would have loved to have come up with prowl but he did not
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Balduvian First-Spear 1RR
Creature — Human Barbarian Scout (U)
Menace
Whenever Balduvian First-Spear deals combat damage to a player, Barbarian cards in your hand gain prowl 1R until end of turn.
Whenever you prowl, put a +1/+1 counter on Balduvian First-Spear.
2/2

IIW: A construct replacement of an existing legendary creature
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Uilmssr, the Crazed
Legendary Creature — Viashino Barbarian (R)
Whenever a Barbarian enters the battlefield under your control, you may have it deal damage to you equal to it's power. If you do, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is equal to the amount of damage dealt to you this way.
: Barbarians you control gain your choice of haste, trample, or menace until end of turn. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, Barbarians you control gain double strike until end of turn.
5/1

IIW: Furniture
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
@NinjaCaterpie i'm sure Ulka would have loved to have come up with prowl but he did not
oh lmao no wonder it sounded familiar

Blood-Crazed Brawler 2R
Creature - Human Barbarian (R)
First strike, trample, haste
At the beginning of your end step, if an opponent lost 5 or more life this turn, Blood-Crazed Brawler fights you or another target creature you control. (When you fight a creature, you deal damage using your life total)
5/2

IIW: More Mechs

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Jeska, riftseeker 2RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Jeska
Whenever an opponent casts a spell from anywhere other than their hand, Jeska deals 2 damage to them.
+1 - Choose up to one target creature. Until your next turn, if that creature would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead.
-2 - Create a 2/2 red barbarian creature token with first strike.
-7 - You get an emblem with "Whenever any player casts a spell from anywhere other than their hand, this emblem deals X damage to any target, where X is that spell's mana value." Exile the top three cards of your library. You may cast them until the end of your next turn.

Specifically, this is a card for Jeska during the mending

IIW: Design a planeswalker card for one of the announced upcoming sets (Streets of New Capenna, brother's war, dominaria united, Baldur's gate commander legends, Unfinity, LOTR set.)
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Nacatl Hunter
Creature - Cat Barbarian (C)
Haste
Nacatl Hunter gets +1/+1 if you control a Plains.
1/1

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Axgard Warcrier
Creature- Dwarf Barbarian (C)
Trample, Haste
When Axgard Warcrier enters the battlefield, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn.
"So full of cries of friend and foe, the sky itself seemed vaulted with them." - Erogr the Skald
1/1

IIW: One word card names.

Megiddo
MEG

Blood-Crazed Prowler 2R
Creature - Faerie Barbarian {R}
Prowl XRR
Flying
When Blood-Crazed Prowler enters the battlefield, if its prowl cost was paid, it deals X damage to any target.
2/1

IIW: revive an old set mechanic that hasn't been revisited (one-offs in masters/commander/horizons sets are OK)
MEG

Juancu

Groben the Petty R
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian (R)
Whenever an equipment attached to Groben leaves the battlefield, put a menace counter on Groben.
Remove a menace counter from Groben: Destroy target artifact.
2/1

IIW: sentience

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Balduvian First-Spear 1RR
Creature — Human Barbarian Scout (U)
Menace
Whenever Balduvian First-Spear deals combat damage to a player, Barbarian cards in your hand gain prowl 1R until end of turn.
Whenever you prowl, put a +1/+1 counter on Balduvian First-Spear.
2/2

IIW: A construct replacement of an existing legendary creature
Interesting design space use. Prowl and Barbarians don't mix flavorfully, though - yes, I know, the Harii, the ambush in Teutoberg Forest, whatever, but this isn't Roman history, it's Magic, and if it couldn't be drawn by Frank Frazzetta it isn't barbaric
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Uilmssr, the Crazed
Legendary Creature — Viashino Barbarian (R)
Whenever a Barbarian enters the battlefield under your control, you may have it deal damage to you equal to it's power. If you do, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is equal to the amount of damage dealt to you this way.
: Barbarians you control gain your choice of haste, trample, or menace until end of turn. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, Barbarians you control gain double strike until end of turn.
5/1

IIW: Furniture
I'm all for little-supported-tribe lords but this looks like an overly complicated way to have an Ogre Battledriver effect.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
oh lmao no wonder it sounded familiar

Blood-Crazed Brawler 2R
Creature - Human Barbarian (R)
First strike, trample, haste
At the beginning of your end step, if an opponent lost 5 or more life this turn, Blood-Crazed Brawler fights you or another target creature you control. (When you fight a creature, you deal damage using your life total)
5/2

IIW: More Mechs
I always liked the "fight player" custom design concept even though it's narrow. This is... a lot of drawback, but it may not trigger that often and you can feed 1/1s to it I guess.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Jeska, riftseeker 2RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Jeska
Whenever an opponent casts a spell from anywhere other than their hand, Jeska deals 2 damage to them.
+1 - Choose up to one target creature. Until your next turn, if that creature would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead.
-2 - Create a 2/2 red barbarian creature token with first strike.
-7 - You get an emblem with "Whenever any player casts a spell from anywhere other than their hand, this emblem deals X damage to any target, where X is that spell's mana value." Exile the top three cards of your library. You may cast them until the end of your next turn.

Specifically, this is a card for Jeska during the mending

Nice. Nicenicenice. This feels like Jeska and altogether is a good overall package, despite the wordiness.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Nacatl Hunter
Creature - Cat Barbarian (C)
Haste
Nacatl Hunter gets +1/+1 if you control a Plains.
1/1

This is... fine. It is a common in a challenge that didn't specifically ask for them, which is a noble move but not going to score highly on most measures. A boring card that doesn't even have the Wild Nacatl 3/3-for-one type of splashiness to it.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Axgard Warcrier
Creature- Dwarf Barbarian (C)
Trample, Haste
When Axgard Warcrier enters the battlefield, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn.
"So full of cries of friend and foe, the sky itself seemed vaulted with them." - Erogr the Skald
1/1

IIW: One word card names.
Also fine. In its own world's context this would surely be a Berserker. Might be uncommon in the real world just because it's a variable-size Ball Lightning.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Blood-Crazed Prowler 2R
Creature - Faerie Barbarian {R}
Prowl XRR
Flying
When Blood-Crazed Prowler enters the battlefield, if its prowl cost was paid, it deals X damage to any target.
2/1

IIW: revive an old set mechanic that hasn't been revisited (one-offs in masters/commander/horizons sets are OK)
If I had a nickel for every time someone used prowl in this challenge I'd have two nickels, which is not a lot but where is that coming from. This is... interesting in a utility kind of way, and unplayable without prowl unless you're desperate or in a draft game
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Groben the Petty R
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian (R)
Whenever an equipment attached to Groben leaves the battlefield, put a menace counter on Groben.
Remove a menace counter from Groben: Destroy target artifact.
2/1

IIW: sentience
Not sure I get the flavor. Guy keeps wrecking other people's stuff when his own weapons get damaged? Card's destined to be nicknamed Josh Groben forever

HM: NinjaCaterpie
Winner: @chetoos
Next: Design a planeswalker card for one of the announced upcoming sets (Streets of New Capenna, brother's war, dominaria united, Baldur's gate commander legends, Unfinity, LOTR set.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Just a coupla more hours and we'll know what we're designing around.

EDIT: I have made an error they mean 2:30 PM not AM. I don't know why I assumed the trailer would drop at 2:30 AM Pacific Standard Time.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Sauron, Compleated Maia 1{/}
Legendary Planeswalker - Sauron
(/ can be paid with R, B, or 2 life. If life was paid, this planeswalker enters with two fewer loyalty counters.)
+1: Put a transient +1/+1 counter on up to one target artifact (it also affects permanents via attachment.)
0: Put or remove a Focus counter on target noncreature artifact. If you remove it, gain control of that artifact.
-3: Create a 2/4 black Specter artifact creature token with deathtouch.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Gurgo, Space Child Prodigy 1RG
Legendary Planeswalker — Gurgo (M)
[+1]: Venture into the great beyond.
[-2]: Roll a six-sided die. If you roll a 6, create a The Space Family Goblinson token except it isn't legendary. Otherwise, create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.
[-8]: You get an emblem with "If you would venture into the great beyond for the first time in a turn, instead venture into the great beyond three times."
[3]

The Great Beyond Tip Card
(When you venture into the great beyond, roll a six-sided die.)
1: Scry 1.
2: Create a 1/1 white Clown Robot artifact creature token.
3: Create a Food Treasure token.
4: Until end of turn, target permanent gains "The first time this permanent becomes tapped this turn, untap it."
5: Increase the doom counter.
6: Draw a card.

The Doom Counter
At the beginning of each player's end step, if the doom counter is greater than their life total and they have the lowest life total amongst players, they lose the game.

IIW: A Construct replacement of an existing legendary creature.
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

the DOOM COUNTER?????
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”