NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Inspire Rebellion 1R
Sorcery (U)
Inspire Rebellion deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker you don't control. Then if a creature you control died this turn, put a dethrone counter on up to two target creatures. (Whenever a creature with dethrone attacks the player with the most life or tied for most life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

IIW: Create a day/night matters card that isn't a Werewolf or isn't on Innistrad (or both).
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Wizened Warrior 1GW
Creature — Human Warrior (U)
Cumulative upkeep—Put a Cumulative upkeep 1 counter on a creature you control. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
Wizened Warrior gets +1/+1 for each counter on it.
Wizened Warrior can't be blocked by creatures with less power than it.
1/1

IIW: A fine winter coat
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

I feel like the counter wouldn't be a rampage 2 counter. It would be a rampage counter, and two of them would be rampage 2.

Minister of Tithes 1BW
Creature- Human Advisor (R)
When an opponent casts a spell, that player may pay 2. If they don't, put an extort counter on Minister of Tithes. (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay . If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life. Each instance of extort triggers seperately.)
1/4

Maskwood Cairns
Land (R)
Maskwood Cairns enters the battlefield tapped.
T, Pay 1 life: Add C. If this mana is used to cast a creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield with a changeling counter on it. (It has all creature types.)

Brother of Runes W
Creature- Human Cleric (U)
When a creature you control becomes the target of a spell, put an absorb counter on it. (If a source would deal damage to that creature, prevent 1 of that damage for each absorb counter on it.)
1/2

The Wilting Death 1BB
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When The Wilting Death enters the battlefield, put a decayed counter on target creature. (It can't block. When it attacks, sacrifice it at the end of combat.)
When a creature with decayed dies, put a decayed counter on up to two target creatures chosen at random.

IIW: Return to Strixhaven
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Grieving Thrull
wb
Creature - Thrull (U)
Flying
When Grieving Thrull dies, distribute two afterlife 1 counters among one or two target creatures.
2/1

Experimental Skaab
2u
Creature - Zombie (C)
Experimental Skaab enters the battlefield with your choice of a prowess counter or a skulk counter on it.
1/3

IIW: Bizarre uses of cleave
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Battle-Frenzy Exemplar RW
Creature — Goblin Berserker (M)
Haste
Whenever Battle-Frenzy Exemplar attacks, put a frenzy 1 counter on each attacking creature you control. (Whenever that creature attacks and isn't blocked, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
2/2

IIW: A flare for the dramatic
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
I hereby name you and mergatroid the big bonkers brothers because of the big bonkers creatures you both want to be cheating out. As far as I can tell this spell doesn't offer a ton of benefit to you, right? It reduces the cost and shrinks the creature, but that just affects a card for each opponent, no? Given that the power on a lot of creatures is in their abilities rather than their stats, I'm not seeing this effect being worth spending 4 mana on a sorcery.
I agree that if it didn't give the effect to you, it would be overcosted, but it does give the effect to you. You look at each opponent's hand, then, for each player (You are a player) you segovian a creature. I understand that the wording can be confusing, don't worry :P. So for current standard/alchemy, you reduce their Werewolf Pack Leader to a 1/1 that still costs gg, and turn your Hullbreaker Horror into a UU bounce machine
oh, yes "for each player" includes you, lol. my mistake.
MEG

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Hero's Countenance {R/W}
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has battle cry and "Whenever this creature attacks, put a battle cry counter on it." (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn. Multiple instances trigger separately.)
"The heart of Mirrodin beats in all of us, and we will never surrender!"
-Koth

IIW: Stack it up

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Rapid Refactor 1W
Instant (U)
Put a +1/+1 counter and a Modular counter on target creature (When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Draw a card.

IIW: Mirrodin

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Surprise Fury 1R
Instant
Put a rampage X counter on targeted blocked creature you control where X is its power.

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Judging later today.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Akroma's Legacy 4
Artifact {M}
7, T: Put an Akroma, Angel of Wrath token on target creature. Activate only as a sorcery. (The token grants flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black and from red.)

IIW: dragons please!
MEG

Legend
Aethernaut

If you know me at all, you know I have no idea what I'm doing. And after a four hour meeting that literally went nowhere (I wish I was kidding), you get what's left of me. Less than nothing. To be clear, in case you're wondering, I am yelling even where I'm not using all caps. Where I'm using all caps, I'm just yelling louder. You're welcome in advance.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Nezumi Trainer 2B
Creature - Rat Samurai
When Nezumi Trainer enters the battlefield, each opponent discards a card. When you cast your next creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield with an additional menace counter, and "Bushido 2" counter on it. (Bushido reminder text goes here)
2/3
I don't like Rat Samurai, but I won't let that taint my utter hatred for this piece of garbage. Nobody wants to track "yoUr NexT CrEaTure SpeLL" for more than a turn! "Additional". . . why? may I ask? One menace counter will do just fine, thank you. Everyone on reddit knows bushido sucks. I'm not sure what you were thinking. Nonetheless, Rat, Samurai, and Rat Samurai fans of the world rejoice! You're tribes, however detestable, have improved greatly.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Inspire Rebellion 1R
Sorcery (U)
Inspire Rebellion deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker you don't control. Then if a creature you control died this turn, put a dethrone counter on up to two target creatures. (Whenever a creature with dethrone attacks the player with the most life or tied for most life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
This might be good if it could target anything. After all, what better way to iNsPire A rEbeLLiOn than to make a martyr of yourself? IT WOULD BE ALOT EASIER TO SET UP A MORBID TRIGGER IF I COULD TARGET MY OWN STUFF. I do like some dethrone counters though. But don't get your hopes up!
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Wizened Warrior 1GW
Creature — Human Warrior (U)
Cumulative upkeep—Put a Cumulative upkeep 1 counter on a creature you control. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
Wizened Warrior gets +1/+1 for each counter on it.
Wizened Warrior can't be blocked by creatures with less power than it.
1/1
Congratulations. You've designed the worst card in the history of Magic. Cumulative upkeep scores a 9 on the Storm Scale, which means this scores an 81.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Minister of Tithes 1BW
Creature- Human Advisor (R)
When an opponent casts a spell, that player may pay 2. If they don't, put an extort counter on Minister of Tithes. (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay . If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life. Each instance of extort triggers seperately.)
1/4

Maskwood Cairns
Land (R)
Maskwood Cairns enters the battlefield tapped.
T, Pay 1 life: Add C. If this mana is used to cast a creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield with a changeling counter on it. (It has all creature types.)

Brother of Runes W
Creature- Human Cleric (U)
When a creature you control becomes the target of a spell, put an absorb counter on it. (If a source would deal damage to that creature, prevent 1 of that damage for each absorb counter on it.)
1/2

The Wilting Death 1BB
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When The Wilting Death enters the battlefield, put a decayed counter on target creature. (It can't block. When it attacks, sacrifice it at the end of combat.)
When a creature with decayed dies, put a decayed counter on up to two target creatures chosen at random.
I bet you thought submitting more than one card would increase your chances of winning. I hope you're happy with yourself because it actually decreases them.
Minister of Tithes: Nobody likes rhysic cards unless they're selling them for $35 on eBay. And yes, I see the double extortion flavor. Nice try. *shrug*
Maskwood Cairns: You thought you could fool me into thinking you were creative by sandwiching two card names together. Stop copying me. Okay, to be honest, this one is actually pretty good. Just don't let it go to your head!
Brother of Runes: First you waste my time with FOUR times the submissions. Now you waste it with a card that's WAY too powerful to see the light of day.
The Wilting Death: Have we entered the Twilight Zone or is "random" at the end of this? The flavor of spreading decay, yeah yeah. Everyone gets it. But flavor isn't as important as you seem to think it is otherwise Willow Faerie wouldn't be a card..
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Grieving Thrull
wb
Creature - Thrull (U)
Flying
When Grieving Thrull dies, distribute two afterlife 1 counters among one or two target creatures.
2/1

Experimental Skaab
2u
Creature - Zombie (C)
Experimental Skaab enters the battlefield with your choice of a prowess counter or a skulk counter on it.
1/3
Twice as many cards = twice as likely to lose. You should have realized I'd be burnt out from a long, fruitless meeting and therefore not in the mood for so many burdens.
Grieving Thrull: Only a mother could love this ugly baby. The more ability counters with numerals that I see, the more I want to THROW MY KEYBOARD. *throws keyboard*
8fga;lnUII :lknga>r=g\adb 2likhjiu`ol1bhu~
guwnrt89jn389ddw
72njwm

Okay, I'm back. From BestBuy with a new keyboard. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, teaching everyone how to design cards. . .

Experimental Skaab: Hmm, Not a failed experiment. Someone might actually play this in a limited deck if they were desperate enough.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Battle-Frenzy Exemplar RW
Creature — Goblin Berserker (M)
Haste
Whenever Battle-Frenzy Exemplar attacks, put a frenzy 1 counter on each attacking creature you control. (Whenever that creature attacks and isn't blocked, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
2/2
You're about to get a very public private lesson in card design free of charge. . . "No."
I should end the lesson there but feel sorry for you, so I'll explain . . . the creatures though attacking, will have already attacked for the turn and therefore despite getting the counters, won't get the frenzy trigger in the same turn that those counters are put on them. It's otherwise an egregiously powerful card. Why not just make it a legend and call it a workday at WotC? Would I play it as-is? Maybe. If you're lucky. AND I'd put a Hero's Countenance on it. Only a complete moron wouldn't.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Hero's Countenance {R/W}
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has battle cry and "Whenever this creature attacks, put a battle cry counter on it." (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn. Multiple instances trigger separately.)
"The heart of Mirrodin beats in all of us, and we will never surrender!"
-Koth
You're trying to manipulate me with flavor text, but it won't work. I'm immune to subliminal messaging, but I guess you missed the memo. The problem with cards like this is that everyone wants to play them, especially in drafts. The wording is dumb. The abilities should be on separate lines. Don't question me. Just shake your head 'yes' if you ever any chance to win one of my future judgements, of which there will be millions.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Rapid Refactor 1W
Instant (U)
Put a +1/+1 counter and a Modular counter on target creature (When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Draw a card.
At this point, you're lucky I'm even doing this. Where's my red marker? The "M" in "modular" shouldn't be capitalized. There's a period missing after the word "creature" in the rules text. And the opening parenthesis of the reminder text isn't in italics. And don't get me started on the reminder text. Thanks to you, the rules text allows you to put the counters on a creature you don't control, rendering the reminder text insufficient if not misleading. It's a tolerable idea, but you can't always just copy and paste, which you obviously did. You have to THINK before you paste! THINK!
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Surprise Fury 1R
Instant
Put a rampage X counter on targeted blocked creature you control where X is its power.
I'll pretend like there's reminder text for this ability that hasn't been seen since Old Fogey. You've inspired me to make rampage my next IIW because this. Is. Pathetic. Or wait, are you actually trying to make a card that could've been printed in Homelands? If so, then homerun, but that isn't what the challenge calls for, is it? So, fail. Think about it. . . What if the attacking creature is a Wall with power 0 and it's being blocked by three Sand Warrior creature tokens that are red, green, and white? Sure, it's going to have rampage, but it won't trigger because it's already been blocked and it won't matter because it's power is 0! My patience is wearing thin with the lot of you. Just one more card. It better not be as bad as the rest, or I'm going to start getting upset.
Inner Rage (Common)
R
Sorcery
Put a first strike, haste, reach, or trample counter on target creature.
Draw a card.
FINALLY, a perfect card!

Congratulations mystery contestant! Unfortunately, we don't know who the, shall we say "legendary" entrant was and there isn't an IIW, so it'll default to second place.

"Winner": Ninj0Craterpie.

Next: Mirrodin

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

Legend
Aethernaut

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Akroma's Legacy 4
Artifact {M}
7, T: Put an Akroma, Angel of Wrath token on target creature. Activate only as a sorcery. (The token grants flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black and from red.)
You think you're special just because you invented this thread. But I'm not afraid of you. You can't snarlath me or whatever it's called and expect me to have mercy on you and judge your card. Too bad. You would have won, too. And if you had just made it an Akroma "counter" instead of a "token", you would have won twice. Better luck next time.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

TBF, my card is based on the Tenacious Pup and Electrostatic Blast from Alchemy, which do track next cast across turns.

Legend
Aethernaut

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
TBF, my card is based on the Tenacious Pup and Electrostatic Blast from Alchemy, which do track next cast across turns.
I actually was tired and frustrated from a %$#%$#% four hour long meeting, but the anger and hatred bit was a gag, man. Don't take it personally. 🙂

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Scrap Cannon 0
Artifact (U)
X,T, Exile X artifact cards from your graveyard: Scrap Cannon deals X damage to any target.
The razorgrass made great ammunition, but collecting it took a lot of fingers.

IIW: A card that radically changes a character (as Odric, Blood-Cursed to Odric).
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

I'm not sure which of your feedback was sarcastic, but frenzy triggers during the declare blockers step, because a creature isn't determined to be "unblocked" until the defending player has explicitly not blocked it. Adding the frenzy ability during the declare attackers step will allow same-combat triggers.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I'd caution that when we're being mean for a joke, we're still winding up being mean.

Worker of the Forge 1RW
Artifact Creature — Golem Artificer (R)
Whenever Worker of the Forge and at least one other creature attack, you get (an energy counter).
, Pay nine : Create a 9/9 colorless Golem artifact creature token. Activate only as a sorcery.
2/3

Peon of the Forge
Creature — Goblin (U)
Haste
, Sacrifice Peon of the Forge: You get (an energy counter).
1/1

(Naturally this is not going to fit into the original Mirrodin sets, but instead into some kind of Old Mirrodin revisit set with reimagined mechanics like we might be getting with Brothers' War.)

IIW: Create a day/night matters card that isn't a Werewolf or isn't on Innistrad (or both).
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Legend
Aethernaut

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
I'm not sure which of your feedback was sarcastic, but frenzy triggers during the declare blockers step, because a creature isn't determined to be "unblocked" until the defending player has explicitly not blocked it. Adding the frenzy ability during the declare attackers step will allow same-combat triggers.
Unfortunately, the comprehensives don't give us any more information than the reminder text does, which sounds to me like "attacks and isn't unblocked" is all one trigger. No? If a creature with frenzy 1 entered the battlefield attacking, isn't blocked, would its frenzy ability trigger? I don't think so because it didn't attack, but I could be mistaken.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Unfortunately, the comprehensives don't give us any more information than the reminder text does, which sounds to me like "attacks and isn't unblocked" is all one trigger. No? If a creature with frenzy 1 entered the battlefield attacking, isn't blocked, would its frenzy ability trigger? I don't think so because it didn't attack, but I could be mistaken.
https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card ... eid=207902

The explanation text says it does trigger on the declare blockers step when left unblocked, even if it entered already attacking.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card ... eid=207902

The explanation text says it does trigger on the declare blockers step when left unblocked, even if it entered already attacking.
Further, rule 508.3 outlines when certain combat abilities trigger:
508.3. Triggered abilities that trigger on attackers being declared may have different trigger conditions.
(...)
508.3c. An ability that reads "Whenever [a player] attacks with [a creature], . . ." triggers whenever a creature that player controls is declared as an attacker.
508.3d. An ability that reads "Whenever [a creature] attacks and isn't blocked, . . ." triggers during the declare blockers step, not the declare attackers step. See rule 509.5g.
This points us to rule 509.5g:
509.5g. An ability that reads "Whenever [a creature] attacks and isn't blocked, . . ." triggers if no creatures are declared as blockers for that creature. It will trigger even if the creature was never declared as an attacker (for example, if it entered the battlefield attacking). It won't trigger if the attacking creature is blocked and then all its blockers are removed from combat.
These are the foundations of the Frenzy ruling seen on cards like Frenzy Sliver and Master of Cruelties which Ink-Treader pointed to. "Attacks and isn't blocked" is a blocker step trigger. It's not some kind of attack trigger with a delayed effect. It triggers immediately after blockers are declared (rule 509.1i) because that's when we know who's not blocked. A trigger like this doesn't care what happened during the attacker step, just cares that the creature is (1) currently attacking (2) not blocked.
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Aethernaut

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
I'd caution that when we're being mean for a joke, we're still winding up being mean.
Words of wisdom.

Etched Automaton (Uncommon)
Artifact Creature – Assembly-Worker
1/1
Fabricate — Sunburst (When this creature enters the battlefield, for each color of mana spent to cast it, put a +1/+1 counter on it or create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.)

If I win, I promise to be nice judging cards with two mechanics never before seen together on the same card.
Last edited by Legend 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Skyskimmer Pteron
2ww
Creature - Dinosaur (U)
Flying
Whenever Skyskimmer Pteron attacks or blocks, target creature you control without flying gains flying until end of turn.
2/3
Before the leonin were skyhunters, the pterons ruled the skies.

IIW: Bizarre uses of cleave
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

Legacy of the Vanished Ones 2WW
Enchantment
Metalcraft — At the beginning of your end step, proliferate. If you control three or more artifacts, proliferate again.
For those left behind after The Vanishing, rebuilding hinged on the works left behind by those who came before them.

Necrogen Injector 3BB
Creature - Zombie Horror
Imprint — Whenever a creature dealt damage by Necrogen Injector this turn dies, exile it.
2BB, : Return target creature card exiled by Necrogen Injector from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped under your control, That creature is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
"Most nim produce necrogen passively, just incidentally spreading the gas wherever they go. This one was built for a more direct approach."
—Geth, keeper of the vault

4/4

IIW: a moment of desperation

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Mirrodin Pure 3WWW
Enchantment
When this card enters the battlefield, remove all poison counters from all players, and all -1/-1 counters from all creatures.
Creatures lose infect and can't have or gain infect.
If a poison or -1/-1 counter would be placed on a permanent or player, it is not placed instead.
At the cost of their sparks, Koth, Karn, and Venser managed to cleanse Mirrodin of the phyrexian scourge, once and for all.

IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”