NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

stille_nacht
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by stille_nacht » 2 years ago

Everyone knows that the most likely crossover is with dystopian literature.

K WBWW1B
Human - Insect

Ref. K is a liar. K's power is always zero. When you cast K, if you did not spend white mana and then black mana, then instead K is put in the exile zone, but only if 2 or less copies of K are in your deck, sideboard, and card collection. If there are 4 or more copies, then instead K is put into the graveyard. Ref.2. When K is in your hand, exile K if your life total has dropped by more than 4 in a turn, otherwise, suspend K (K's power is always zero) for the number of turns in the previous game in which you were at a higher life total. Ref. If there are 3 copies you lose the game. K's power is always zero. If it is at least the fifth turn and K is not on the battlefield, destroy him from your deck. If K is in your opening hand, put him on the battlefield, exerted. If K enters combat, exile him with twenty suspend counters. At the end of the combat phase, if K has not entered combat, exile him with twenty suspend counters. K's power is always zero. At the end of each game, destroy this card.

Properly following the proper procedures will result in effect as dictated under proper statutes. Wait in the line to wait in the line to submit the form. All misunderstandings are a result of insufficient compliance.
0/1

IIW: Ridiculous goblin contraptions
Last edited by stille_nacht 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Richie Rich's Zapper R
Instant
5 dollar kick [QR code] (As you cast this spell, you may send 5 dollars to the owner of this card's NFT. If you do, it's kicked.)
Richie Rich's Zapper deals 2 damage to any target. If Richie Rich's Zapper was kicked, it deals 3 damage instead.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Average Magic Enjoyer
(UBRG) Creature - Planeswalker (M)
Is there any particular reason it's no longer ? :rofl:
White players don't enjoy Magic! 😒

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Hello, and welcome to the pitch meeting for silver-bordered acorn holofoil Un-Iverses Beyond. After seeing the success of Universes Beyond, and the predicted success of Unfinity, you all have been tasked with helping us carve out our upcoming cross-brand promotional Secret Lair Drop Series products that aren't supported by tournament Magic! I look forward to your entries.
2 years ago
Un-iverses Beyond is a bit broad.

EDIT: Go Acorn!

Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man
urw
Legendary Creature - Human Spider Hero (M)
When Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man enters the battlefield, choose one. If you have defined abs, instead choose two.
=================
Tobey Maguire- Vigilance
Whenever Peter Parker attacks, investigate twice.
=================
Andrew Garfield- Double strike
Whenever Peter Parker deals combat damage to a player, discard a card, then draw a card.
=================
Tom Holland- Prowess
Peter Parker has flying and hexproof as long as he's attacking.
3/2

Art: That meme of Spider-Man where Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland unmasked in their suits point at each other while Tobey Maguire is in the middle pointing at both of them.

Thanos, The Mad Titan
ubbbr
Legendary Creature - Villain (R)
"Did you do it?" "Yes."-When Thanos enters the battlefield, each player exiles half the permanents they control that depict a creature in their art, then loses half their life. Round up each time.
"What did it cost?" "Everything." -When Thanos leaves the battlefield, his owner loses the game.
6/6

IIW: Cleave
Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man: Interesting. Previous market research showed us that Hurloon Wrangler was problematic for Limited play, but for a Secret Lair product, the sky is the limit! That being said, I'm not sure how having defined abs translates to a multiple personality disorder. The three modes are also individually quite strong, and likely too strong when combined given the cost of the spell. That just means more money for us, though! From a licensing perspective, we'd probably remove the specific actors, and instead make the name "Peter Parker, Spider-Man", and name the choices "Amazing", "Sensational", and "Spectacular", with 1,000 copies having "Superior" as an additional option. Gotta sell those limited-edition versions.

Thanos, the Mad Titan: This is definitely on-point for the reference, but I'm not sure how this sells us more Secret Lairs. It's like a 3-color Phage that's higher risk and lower reward.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Muddy Flavor Mess RWUGB
Sorcery
Create all of the following legendary creature tokens:
- A 1/1 blue Rabbit named Buggs Bunny with hexproof and "This creature can't be blocked".
- A 2/2 red and white Human Warrior named Chuck Norris with "protection from everything."
- A 3/3 green and white Dinosaur named Barney with "T: Each player gains 5 life."
- A 4/4 blue and black Skeleton Wizard named Skeletor with "T: Draw a card. Each opponent discards a card."
Not Un Enough?
Show
Hide
I suppose the above is only un in flavor. This one's un all over.

Mickey Mouse, Avatar of Corporate Greed 4BWR
Legendary Creature- Mouse Avatar Demon
Indestructible, lifelink
At the beginning of your combat step, name a fictional character, or a piece of intellectual property. Target opponent guesses whether or not it belongs to Disney (look it up). If they guessed wrong, gain control of target permanent they own. It gains haste if it's a creature. Either way, you make money (any player may give you any amount of real-world currency. If nobody does, create a treasure token.)
3/3

IIW: Mana denial
Muddy Flavor Mess: Entries from multiple brands on one card is definitely un-territory! The licensing fees will probably be killer. The most silver-bordered part of this card is the slapdash order of the mana symbols, though. The name also needs some polishing before we can put it up on our Secret Lair website.

Mickey Mouse, Avatar of Corporate Greed: Powerful indeed! Playtesting has shown that limiting it to characters made more sense. Otherwise, this is pure gold. Just make sure that you play with people who remember what ante is.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Calvin, rambunctious troublemaker 1WB
Legendary Creature - Human Child
Partners with Hobbes, homicidal jungle cat
Transmogrifier - Whenever you cast a spell, Calvin becomes those spell's colors and creature types, if that spell is a creature spell.
Duplicator - At the beginning of your end step, if Calvin is equipped, you may pay 4 and say "boink". If you do, create a token that's a copy of Calvin, except it's not legendary.
1/2

Hobbes, homicidal Jungle Cat 2RG
Legendary Creature - Cat Toy
Partners with Calvin, Rambunctious Troublemaker
Trample, Haste
Tuna Fish - Hobbes must attack the opponent who controls the most fish during each combat, and must be blocked by at least one fish each combat. Whenever a fish dealt damage by Hobbes this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Hobbes and draw a card.
Nature Appreciation - Whenever you play a land or cast a spell with a tree or a cat in the art, you gain 1 life.
3/3

IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook"
Calvin, Rambunctious Troublemaker: This card definitely evokes the wild nature of Calvin, but Calvin doesn't feel like an Orzhov character, and these abilities don't feel like they belong on an Orzhov card. This card could be many different color combinations (mostly including red), but I'm not sure this should be one of them. We had to account for this when making the The Walking Dead Secret Lair, which led to the sometimes odd abilities for the multicolor cards. We'd also probably rename this partner mechanic like we did with Stranger Things.

Hobbes, Homicidal Jungle Cat: This card is a great personification of a jungle tiger. That said, Hobbes himself is, if anything, the more civilized of the two. Depending on a potential redesign of Calvin, I could see Hobbes retaining these abilities with minor tweaks and shifting colors to accommodate a 4-color partner Un-Commander deck.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Arthur, King of the Britons 2WW
Legendary Creature - Human Knight Noble (R)
When Arthur enters the battlefield, create two Coconut tokens (they're artifacts with "2, T, Sacrifice this: Put a +1/+1 counter on target Knight. Activate only as a sorcery.")
The Violence Inherent in the System - Whenever Arthur attacks, tap target non-Noble creature. If a Peasant you control becomes tapped this way, draw a card.
3/4

IIW: That's So Metal!
Arthur, King of the Britons: This could function in black-bordered Magic, but is silly enough that it's a great fit for the Un-Iverses Beyond brand. That said, the primary concern here is that the reference is, sadly, a bit dated. I'm not sure how well it will perform alongside these flashy new intellectual properties, but if we can find a great "Classic Comedy" Un-Iverses Beyond drop, you can be sure that this will make the cut.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Hey everyone, Rark Mosewater here, with some exciting news about Un-Inverses Beyond. I always like to joke that my job just involves trying to kill Magic in more cruel and elaborate ways, and Un-Iverses Beyond is no different. When the suits came to me with the idea, I really wasn't sure where to take it. On the one hand, I always want Un-sets to push the envelope and do things that aren't (and maybe shouldn't!) be possible in regular black-border Magic. On the other hand, many people would say Universes Beyond itself is an abomination that shouldn't be possible in Magic! It would have been quite easy to simply print some sillier Universes Beyond cards, but I don't like taking the easy way out.

The inspiration for the core mechanic (which I'll explain in a bit) actually came from an unusual source - Family Game Night at Warlocks of the Cliff. This is a great event where everyone brings in family members and partners to have fun with some board games and video games to add a thin veneer of pretence that the company cares about who we are as people. I was playing (and handily winning) Super Smash Brothers Ultimate against Mawn Durin's daughter - Mawn Durin is the art director for Un-Inverses Beyond - when something incredible happened. She pulled a Nintendo amiibo™ out of her backpack, swiped it on her Joycon, and immediately started wiping the floor with my with her juiced up Inkling. I thought that was an incredible moment, and that's what I'm hoping to capture in Un-Iverses Beyond.

So, without further ado, here are three preview cards, that should really speak for themselves.

Hero-King Marth 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier (M)
First strike
Attacking and blocking creatures you control get +1/+1.
Augmented Reality - Swipe an official Marth amiibo™: Hero-King Marth gains +2/+2 and protection from black and from red until end of turn. Activate this only once per amiibo™ per turn.
3/1

Dialga, Lord of Time 3WUU
Legendary Creature - Pokemon Dragon (M)
Energise 1 (When this creature enters the battlefield or attacks, choose an energy type and attach 1 of that energy to it.)
Remove six metal energy from Dialga: Each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library, then draws seven cards and gains 7 life.
5/6

Hostile Takeover Hostel
Land (R)
1, T: Add one mana of any color. Put a house on Hostile Takeover Hostel. Then, if Hostile Takeover Hostel has a hotel on it, transform it. (After the fourth house, replace it with a hotel)
//
Creeping Sense of Dread at the Grim Reality of a Corpocratic Capitalist Society
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player may pay X, where X is the number of permanents they control minus one. If they don't, they lose the game.

Needless to say, any and all out-of-game objects used must be real, legally acquired and properly licensed.

IIW: Something nice and simple
Rark Mosewater, I have to say that I'm impressed by these submissions, but I suppose that we shouldn't really be surprised. After all, you are our most seasoned un-designer. Let's go down the list:

Hero-King Marth: Is the intent that players can just use any amiiboTM that they own? If anything, I'd expect that we'd want to provide an amiiboTM alongside this product in the SLD, and then limit the use to this amiiboTM. That way, even if we do release a non-UB version of this card, players will still be expected to have ponied up for the SLD in order to unlock the full effect of the card.

Dialga, Lord of Time: Ingenious. If anything, this is possibly a little slow, but we're looking forward to seeing what other types of energy do (and we're definitely not worried about enfranchised players getting these counters confused with their own energy counters - they have different names!).

Hostile Takeover Hostel: Monopoly is, sadly, a Hasbro product. This means that it falls into silver-bordered territory but not Un-Iverses Beyond territory. We will definitely save it for our "Classic Hasbro Games" core set booster release, though, coming to stores near you in the summer of 2025. Don't miss it, or you'll be Sorry!
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Vigean Barksage
Creature — Treefolk Wizard Mutant (R)
Graft X, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Vigean Barksage. (This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto it.)
1U: Untap target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it.
g: Target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it gains trample until end of turn.
0/0

IIW: Signpost uncommon for a draft archetype in a future set.
Vigean Barksage: Wait, are you in the right meeting? Oh, I see, you're here for the alternate submissions group. This is in an interesting space where you're rewarded for casting it at 4 instead of at the lower cost, and it's impossible to reasonably cheat onto the field. Impossible to cheat flies in the face of an Un-Iverses beyond pitch meeting. Can't you see Cheatyface sulking over there in the corner?
2 years ago
EDIT: Commence Acornification

Fat Albert, Jovial Friend
1wrr
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (R)
HEY HEY HEY! -Whenever Fat Albert attacks, he gets +4/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
Gonna Have A Good Time -As long as you're singing, other Humans you control get +1/+1 and have vigilance.
Buck Buck Breaker -Fat Albert can't be blocked by more than two creatures.
1/5

Dr. Robotnik, "Eggman"
1ubr
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist Rigger (R)
PINGAS!- At the beginning your upkeep, if you're cosplaying as/wearing a picture of Sonic, Dr. Robotnik deals 1 damage to you and you draw a card.
Evil Genius- At the beginning of each player's end step, if that player lost life this turn, Dr. Robotnik assembles a Contraption.
PhD in Robotics- Each Contraption you control is an artifact creature whose base power and toughness are each equal to the number of Contraptions you control plus the number of Contraptions in your scrapyard.
1/4

Fat Albert, Jovial Friend: Most of this is quite interesting space for Un-Iverses Beyond, but the card itself may be problematic from a marketing perspective. Assuming that could be solved, the only additional concern how short of a window vigilance is relevant, making it a poor addition to the pump effect while singing. We want you to be singing for the entire day, if possible!

Dr. Robotnik, "Eggman": Wow! This gets out of hand quickly, but is an excellent effect! We assume this will be sold as a cross-promotion for the Sonic 2 movie coming out in theaters, and will hopefully be shipped to players' homes just in time for the DVD release!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Well that's always been true for many silver bordered cards, I think the Acorn symbol would be what you are looking for. So here is one for you:

Negaduck, Negaverse Kingpin 2BB
Legendary Creature - Bird Villain (M)
Whenever you cast a spell that targets and would be a felony to cast in the real world, pay 1 life and draw a card (anything that kills is at least a felony, and 2 or more of harm is a felony even if it doesn't kill.)
3/3

IIW: That's so metal!
The delineation between acorn and silver-border is largely a shift in branding direction, and old silver-bordered cards didn't have the opportunity to have an acorn symbol. The terminology is sufficient for this pitch meeting, but we may have to assess moving forward. If the playerbase adopts this new terminology and wants us to keep selling Un cards, then that'll be a win for all of us!

Negaduck, Negaverse Kingpin: I'm not sure what "2 or more of harm" means. Do you mean that Shock is a felony? I'm intrigued. I also assume that having a complex understanding of the law makes this card more playable (stealing a Vehicle? felony. stealing a land? that's just eminent domain), although players will need to be careful to remember that laws aren't the same everywhere.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Roger Rabbit 2W
Legendary Creature - Rabbit Comedian (R)
Lifelink
PG-13 bound (If two or more creatures die this turn, it becomes NC-17 next turn.)
2/2
--
Jessica Rabbit
Legendary Creature - Human Seductress
Whenever Jessica deals combat damage to an opponent, search your library for a Sexy spell, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle afterwards.
NC-17 bound (If no damage was dealt this turn, it becomes PG-13 next turn.)
3/3

Laughing Weasel 2B
Creature - Weasel Goon
Sacrifice Laughing Weasel: Lose 2 life and draw 2 cards. Activate this ability only if you laughed this turn, and no opponent slapped Laughing Weasel within 10 seconds after the first time you laughed this turn.
3/2
Roger Rabbit//Jessica Rabbit: PG-13 and NC-17 seem a bit at odds with Day/Night in terms of difficulty to maintain. It seems fairly easy to revert back to PG-13, and potentially difficult to transition to NC-17. Sexy is also capitalized, which I assume means it's a keyword and not a descriptor of the art. I'm intrigued on that front. Titillated, even!

Laughing Weasel: Does this require genuine laughter? I assume not. This ventures into the interesting territory of laughing and sacrificing it immediately before the opponent can slap it. I always say that reaction time and dexterity need more time in the sun.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Average Magic Player WUBRG
Planeswalker - Planeswalker (M)
Average Magic Player is your teammate, last preceding you in turn order. Its loyalty and life total is your last life total. You make all decisions for it. You losing the game doesn't cause this card to leave the game. It can't draw cards.
0: Transform this card if it has 5 or less loyalty.
-1: Transform this card if it has 5 or less loyalty.
-X: Transform this card if it has 5 or less loyalty. X can't be more than the life you lost from sources you don't control since the end of your last turn.
//
Average Magic Enjoyer
(UBRG) Creature - Planeswalker (M)
Creatures can't draw cards.
You are Average Magic Enjoyer.
Protection from cards banned or restricted in any format that's not digital only.
This card has power and toughness equal to it's life total, which is your life total or your last life total before you lost the game.
*/*

(The universe beyond in case you don't get the joke is this universe.)

Iiw: Satire, Memes, or Meta-Commentary
Average Magic Player // Average Magic Enjoyer: Perfect! Now players have an un-way to continue playing Magic after they've lost the game! I'm ready for this to take the world by storm, and also make the rounds on white Magic Twitter for being everything except white on the back.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Red Nova Dragon 8BBRR
Creature — Dragon (M)
Synchro summon 3 (This card can't be in your starting deck. You may cast this card from outside of the game without paying its mana cost by sacrificing at least three creatures with combined mana value exactly equal to this card's mana value.)
Flying, haste, trample, protection from instants and sorceries
Red Nova Dragon gets +1/+0 for each creature card in your graveyard.
Exile Red Nova Dragon: Destroy target attacking creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under your control.
7/6
SPOILER
Show
Hide
IIW: playtest cards
Red Nova Dragon: Now this is peak Magic design! Wait, what do you mean this is Yu-Gi-Oh! design? They've had this thing for ages and we're just getting to it now?
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Monos: Hands of Fate 3WB
Sorcery
Place both your hands on the table. Destroy any permanents that are touching your hands.

IIW: A simic bioengineer made his way to Theros and is making mutant hybrids
Monos: Hands of Fate: An intriguing premise. We fondly remember Farewell to Arms, and are excited to have hands get their revenge. This also rewards your opponent for not respecting your personal space and storing their permanents interspersed with your own. So really, in a way, this is a Magic card about the power of love, intimacy, and having no personal bubble so that your fates are intertwined with that of your fellow Magic players. A beautiful way to introduce Magic to the next generation.

That being said, this should probably have Just a Second, like Slaying Mantis.
stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Everyone knows that the most likely crossover is with dystopian literature.

K WBWW1B
Human - Insect

Ref. K is a liar. K's power is always zero. When you cast K, if you did not spend white mana and then black mana, then instead K is put in the exile zone, but only if 2 or less copies of K are in your deck, sideboard, and card collection. If there are 4 or more copies, then instead K is put into the graveyard. Ref.2. When K is in your hand, exile K if your life total has dropped by more than 4 in a turn, otherwise, suspend K (K's power is always zero) for the number of turns in the previous game in which you were at a higher life total. Ref. If there are 3 copies you lose the game. K's power is always zero. If it is at least the fifth turn and K is not on the battlefield, destroy him from your deck. If K is in your opening hand, put him on the battlefield, exerted. If K enters combat, exile him with twenty suspend counters. At the end of the combat phase, if K has not entered combat, exile him with twenty suspend counters. K's power is always zero. At the end of each game, destroy this card.

Properly following the proper procedures will result in effect as dictated under proper statutes. Wait in the line to wait in the line to submit the form. All misunderstandings are a result of insufficient compliance.
0/1

IIW: Ridiculous goblin contraptions
K: I'll be honest. This is a lot of text, and this is less clear than Ambiguity is. Thankfully, you have to destroy it at the end of each game, so we won't have to worry about it for very long.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Richie Rich's Zapper R
Instant
5 dollar kick [QR code] (As you cast this spell, you may send 5 dollars to the owner of this card's NFT. If you do, it's kicked.)
Richie Rich's Zapper deals 2 damage to any target. If Richie Rich's Zapper was kicked, it deals 3 damage instead.
Ah yes, pay to win. We've pushed into this territory a bit, but Un-Iverses Beyond is definitely the best way to finally rip off the Band-AidTM and embrace it fully. Would you pay $5 to win a tournament? I know that I would.

HMs: NinjaCaterpie (Hero-King Marth), Juancu (Negaduck, Negaverse Kingpin), Sporegorger_Dragon (Dr. Robotnik, "Eggman")
Winner: Ulka
Next: A simic bioengineer made his way to Theros and is making mutant hybrids
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Greek mythology can't get enough of extra heads.

Extra Head 1G
Enchantment- Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2, and can block an additional creature each combat.
When enchanted creature would die, instead remove all damage from it, and sacrifice Extra Head.

Hundred Heads XG
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Hundred Heads enters the battlefield with X head counters on it. Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each head counter on Hundred heads.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to enchanted creature as long as Hundred Heads has a head counter. For each damage prevented in this way, remove a head counter from Hundred Heads. When the last head counter is removed, sacrifice Hundred Heads, and draw a card.

Chimeric Heads G
Enchantment- Aura (R)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card exiled with Chimeric Heads, and has all activated abilities of creatures exiled by it.
1: Exile a creature card from a graveyard:

IIW: A nonbasic land, or a cycle of five.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Juancu

Cenotaur Hybrid GRB
Creature - Minotaur Centaur Mutant
Whenever Cenotaur Hybrid attacks, exile the top two cards of your library. For as long as they are exiled, they have "If this card is a Minotaur, you may cast it if you have cast a Centaur this turn" and "If this card is a Centaur, you may cast it if you have cast a Minotaur this turn."
3/4

IIW: That's so Metal!
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
The three modes are also individually quite strong, and likely too strong when combined given the cost of the spell.
Have you looked at us the average MtG player? If they do have defined abs, I think they earned that bonus.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
From a licensing perspective, we'd probably remove the specific actors
But that's the one of the fandom's main (good-natured) debates! Should be easy, after they got Finn Wolfhard and the gang for the Stranger Things Secret Lair. Plus it will tie in to No Way Home.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
the card itself may be problematic from a marketing perspective
Do you mean because the character might be interpreted as mocking overweight people? I tried to avoid that, while still acknowledging the character's iconic weight in the mechanics. Or is the problem the creator of the character?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Zarino, Speaker From Afar 2GU
Legendary Planeswalker - Zarino
+1 : Put your choice of a +1/+1, flying, trample, or hexproof counter on target creature or enchantment. If that permanent is not a creature, you may have it become a creature with base power and toughness equal to its mana value.
-2 : Seek a creature card, then choose a creature card in your hand. That card perpetually gains mutate and "When this creature mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature." Its mutate cost is equal to its mana cost.
-6 : Draw a card for each creature and enchantment you control. Creature cards in your hand perpetually gain mutate and "When this creature mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature." Their mutate cost is equal to their mana cost.

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

stille_nacht

Hippotaur 1W
Creature - Horse (C)

Plainswalk
Banding

The crowd gasped at the hideous abomination. A hippocamp's head grafted to a centaur's body.

2/1

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
The three modes are also individually quite strong, and likely too strong when combined given the cost of the spell.
Have you looked at us the average MtG player? If they do have defined abs, I think they earned that bonus.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
From a licensing perspective, we'd probably remove the specific actors
But that's the one of the fandom's main (good-natured) debates! Should be easy, after they got Finn Wolfhard and the gang for the Stranger Things Secret Lair. Plus it will tie in to No Way Home.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
the card itself may be problematic from a marketing perspective
Do you mean because the character might be interpreted as mocking overweight people? I tried to avoid that, while still acknowledging the character's iconic weight in the mechanics. Or is the problem the creator of the character?
Getting the rights to use the actors from various Spider-Man movies would likely involve coordinating with both Disney and Sony, which is why I figured WotC would probably find it more troublesome, but maybe not!

Re: Fat Albert, it was solely for weight issues. I didn't even consider the creator when saying that. :D

Hundred-Headed One 2RG
Creature — Hydra Giant (R)
Trample
4RG: Monstrosity 4.
Whenever Hundred-Headed One attacks, if Hundred-Headed One is monstrous, untap up to one-hundred target creatures defending player controls. Those creatures must block Hundred-Headed One this combat if able.
At the beginning of your end step, if Hundred-Headed One is monstrous and has fewer than ninety-two +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/4

IIW: Barbarian tribal
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Half-Satyr, Half-Human 1G
Legendary Creature - Elf
"Whoa!"
2/2
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Heroic Monstrosity W
Creature - Human Ooze Soldier (R)
Heroic -Whenever you cast a spell that targets Heroic Monstrosity, create a token that's a copy of it
Graft 1
g: Monstrosity 1
0/0

Iiw: Neon Dynasty Lorwyn
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Scylladis, the living whirlpool 6GU
Legendary Creature - Hydra Kraken
Mutate XGGUU
This creature enters the battlefield with 6 +1/+1 counters.
When you cast this spell for its mutate cost, put X +1/+1 counters on the creature it is targeting.
Whenever this creature mutates, tap up to X target creatures, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on this creature.
1/1

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

I will be judging tomorrow so slap some halves on halves
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Nauseating Abomination
2bb
Creature - Minotaur Lamia (U)
Menace
When Nauseating Abomination enters the battlefield or becomes monstrous, target player mills three cards and discards a card.
4u: Monstrosity 1.
2/4
"The specimen seems to induce vomiting, even in the most hardened minotaur." -Notes of Lomar Vig

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Nyxian Horse 3W
Enchantment Artifact Creature - Horse (R)
When Nyxian Horse dies, create three 2/1 white Soldier enchantment creature tokens, tapped. If Nyxian Horse was attacking but wasn't blocked, those tokens are attacking.
0/4

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Nessian Marauder 2RG
Enchantment Creature — Centaur Minotaur {U}
Trample
Nessian Marauder gets +3/+0 and has haste as long as you've spent at least RRR this turn.
At the beginning of each end step, put a +1/+1 counter on Nessian Marauder if you've spent at least GGG this turn.
2/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
yes, a minotaur upper with a centaur bottom
IIW: Neondy nasty
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Miss Neondy if you're nasty
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Welcoem to greek mythology redonewhere our mad simic engineer slaps half and an animal on another!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Greek mythology can't get enough of extra heads.

Extra Head 1G
Enchantment- Aura (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2, and can block an additional creature each combat.
When enchanted creature would die, instead remove all damage from it, and sacrifice Extra Head.

Hundred Heads XG
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Hundred Heads enters the battlefield with X head counters on it. Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each head counter on Hundred heads.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to enchanted creature as long as Hundred Heads has a head counter. For each damage prevented in this way, remove a head counter from Hundred Heads. When the last head counter is removed, sacrifice Hundred Heads, and draw a card.

Chimeric Heads G
Enchantment- Aura (R)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card exiled with Chimeric Heads, and has all activated abilities of creatures exiled by it.
1: Exile a creature card from a graveyard:

IIW: A nonbasic land, or a cycle of five.
The simic judges give this a head above the rest. Solid job!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Cenotaur Hybrid GRB
Creature - Minotaur Centaur Mutant
Whenever Cenotaur Hybrid attacks, exile the top two cards of your library. For as long as they are exiled, they have "If this card is a Minotaur, you may cast it if you have cast a Centaur this turn" and "If this card is a Centaur, you may cast it if you have cast a Minotaur this turn."
3/4

IIW: That's so Metal!
Oh no is it just a man is it a wierd bull cow is it a minotaur (thas Mino top have and centaur back half) the world may never know!
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Zarino, Speaker From Afar 2GU
Legendary Planeswalker - Zarino
+1 : Put your choice of a +1/+1, flying, trample, or hexproof counter on target creature or enchantment. If that permanent is not a creature, you may have it become a creature with base power and toughness equal to its mana value.
-2 : Seek a creature card, then choose a creature card in your hand. That card perpetually gains mutate and "When this creature mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature." Its mutate cost is equal to its mana cost.
-6 : Draw a card for each creature and enchantment you control. Creature cards in your hand perpetually gain mutate and "When this creature mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature." Their mutate cost is equal to their mana cost.

My god its the madman himself! I love it.
stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Hippotaur 1W
Creature - Horse (C)

Plainswalk
Banding

The crowd gasped at the hideous abomination. A hippocamp's head grafted to a centaur's body.

2/1
RUN ITS THE MYTHICAL HORSE!!!!!
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Hundred-Headed One 2RG
Creature — Hydra Giant (R)
Trample
4RG: Monstrosity 4.
Whenever Hundred-Headed One attacks, if Hundred-Headed One is monstrous, untap up to one-hundred target creatures defending player controls. Those creatures must block Hundred-Headed One this combat if able.
At the beginning of your end step, if Hundred-Headed One is monstrous and has fewer than ninety-two +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/4

IIW: Barbarian tribal
on no IT HAS MORE HEADS!!!!!!!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Half-Satyr, Half-Human 1G
Legendary Creature - Elf
"Whoa!"
2/2
Did Zarino just create his own species on Theros for a slow colonization and take over of another plane!?!? Man and I thought Bolas was evil.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Heroic Monstrosity W
Creature - Human Ooze Soldier (R)
Heroic -Whenever you cast a spell that targets Heroic Monstrosity, create a token that's a copy of it
Graft 1
g: Monstrosity 1
0/0

Iiw: Neon Dynasty Lorwyn
This sounds like me in high school, oozing acne and slightly being called Human.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Scylladis, the living whirlpool 6GU
Legendary Creature - Hydra Kraken
Mutate XGGUU
This creature enters the battlefield with 6 +1/+1 counters.
When you cast this spell for its mutate cost, put X +1/+1 counters on the creature it is targeting.
Whenever this creature mutates, tap up to X target creatures, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on this creature.
1/1

The lord knows when gods can smite you on a plane, you must create a god killer. its just common sense.
2 years ago
Nauseating Abomination
2bb
Creature - Minotaur Lamia (U)
Menace
When Nauseating Abomination enters the battlefield or becomes monstrous, target player mills three cards and discards a card.
4u: Monstrosity 1.
2/4
"The specimen seems to induce vomiting, even in the most hardened minotaur." -Notes of Lomar Vig

As yeas Lomar the first Simic Biomancer to make it to theros, sadly he died when he created the dreaded Horse on theros half a millennia ago. The man never knew that his creation would trample the world not just his skull.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Nyxian Horse 3W
Enchantment Artifact Creature - Horse (R)
When Nyxian Horse dies, create three 2/1 white Soldier enchantment creature tokens, tapped. If Nyxian Horse was attacking but wasn't blocked, those tokens are attacking.
0/4
The simics have moved on to mechanics? I mean I guess maybe he visited with Daretti prior to coming here.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Nessian Marauder 2RG
Enchantment Creature — Centaur Minotaur {U}
Trample
Nessian Marauder gets +3/+0 and has haste as long as you've spent at least RRR this turn.
At the beginning of each end step, put a +1/+1 counter on Nessian Marauder if you've spent at least GGG this turn.
2/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
yes, a minotaur upper with a centaur bottom
IIW: Neondy nasty
Oh lord it cometh.

Many of you missed a IIW which makes me sadened but the winner is stille_nacht's hippotaur but as they didnt provide a IIW I am awarding it to Juancu with his Half-Satyr, Half-Human.... %$#%$#% IT. however they did post an IIW earlier sooooo:

next up: That's so Metal!
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

fun tip: dont actually give the %$#% the win
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

I probably should have just put starting loyalty on my entry... oh well (For best results, please listen to this while judging this contest.)

Dreadmaw Power Stomper 3GG
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Vigilance, Haste
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature
Crew 3
Melds with Ferocidon Power Thrasher
Inspired by Huatli's tales, Saheeli crafted these great beasts of metal to inspire awe
5/5

Ferocidon Power Thrasher 3R
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample, First Strike
Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, it deals 1 damage to that creature's controller.
Crew 3
Whenever Ferocidon Power Thrasher attacks, if you also attacked with a creature named Dreadmaw Power Stomper, and you own both creatures, you may exile them, then meld them into Regisaur, Mega Power Destroyer. That creature enters the battlefield attacking.
Huatli was proud to see her stories inspire such beautiful artistry on Kaladesh, and even happier to be given the chance to pilot it.
4/4

Regisaur, Mega Power Destroyer (color indicator )
Legendary Artifact Creature - Dinosaur Construct
Trample, Vigilance, First Strike, Haste
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on this creature.
Whenever a creature or planeswalker dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, it deals 2 damage to that creatures controller.
When both designs merged together, Kaladesh was enraptured by the awesome power on display, able to stand up to the greatest of the gearhulks.
6/7

IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook."
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

stille_nacht

<aww i forgot to put in the IIW>

Black Pit of Utter Darkness
Legendary Land

Black Pit of Utter Darkness enters the battlefield tapped.
When Black Pit of Utter Darkness enters the battlefield, sacrifice creatures with total mana value 6 or lose 6 life.
Your devotion to black is increased by 6.

IIW: Ridiculous Goblin Contraptions
Last edited by stille_nacht 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Apocalyptic Daggerstorm BWR
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a noncreature permanent.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a devastation counter on Apocalyptic Daggerstorm. Then Apocalyptic Daggerstorm deals damage equal to the number of devastation counters on it to each creature, player, and planeswalker.

IIW: A non-blue card that copies something.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Pan for Gold 1U
Instant {U}
Scry 1, then reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal an artifact card this way, put that card into your hand and repeat this process.

IIW: Yeah Do Some Kamigawa (i love kamigawa)
MEG

Juancu

Megazords
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Dreadmaw Power Stomper 3GG
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Vigilance, Haste
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature
Crew 3
Melds with Ferocidon Power Thrasher
Inspired by Huatli's tales, Saheeli crafted these great beasts of metal to inspire awe
5/5

Ferocidon Power Thrasher 3R
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample, First Strike
Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, it deals 1 damage to that creature's controller.
Crew 3
Whenever Ferocidon Power Thrasher attacks, if you also attacked with a creature named Dreadmaw Power Stomper, and you own both creatures, you may exile them, then meld them into Regisaur, Mega Power Destroyer. That creature enters the battlefield attacking.
Huatli was proud to see her stories inspire such beautiful artistry on Kaladesh, and even happier to be given the chance to pilot it.
4/4

Regisaur, Mega Power Destroyer (color indicator )
Legendary Artifact Creature - Dinosaur Construct
Trample, Vigilance, First Strike, Haste
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on this creature.
Whenever a creature or planeswalker dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, it deals 2 damage to that creatures controller.
When both designs merged together, Kaladesh was enraptured by the awesome power on display, able to stand up to the greatest of the gearhulks.
6/7

IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook."
For melding, I'd expect "more than the sum of its parts" and this fits... somewhat. The abilities get stronger, but you attack for 6 instead of 4+5, which is disappointing. Regisaur doesn't need Haste btw. And there's also the problem with going through all the trouble to merge, and losing 9 mana and 2 cards to a tiny removal spell. I'd feel better with some card advantange (or card neutrality) right away. Finally, consider removing "combat" from "combat damage", that way both abilities synergize better (go over the top!)
stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Black Pit of Utter Darkness
Legendary Land
Black Pit of Utter Darkness enters the battlefield tapped.
When Black Pit of Utter Darkness enters the battlefield, sacrifice creatures with total mana value 6 or lose 6 life.
Your devotion to black is increased by 6.
IIW: Ridiculous Goblin Contraptions
Great concept, totally metal. I dig the play with the three 6s, but I feel some tinkering would be in order to get this to print. For starters, this would follow the same play pattern too many times: 6th turn, drop this paying life, play Gray Merchant to get the life back. I don't see the flexibility given by the first 6, it's just such a big cost, even considering an old Gray Merchant collecting dust when you topdeck this, you'd also need exactly a 1-drop to forgo the life payment. Alternatives, mhmmm, maybe "toughness 6 or more"? Also, about the power level, 12-life swings with Gray Merchant may break a format or two, maybe require sacrificing for a temporary boost? I'd see too many games end at the second merchant.

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Apocalyptic Daggerstorm BWR
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a noncreature permanent.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a devastation counter on Apocalyptic Daggerstorm. Then Apocalyptic Daggerstorm deals damage equal to the number of devastation counters on it to each creature, player, and planeswalker.

IIW: A non-blue card that copies something.
Super metal concept, but I don't want to instantly lose the game when my opponent plays this on turn 3 with me having 2 lands in play.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Pan for Gold 1U
Instant {U}
Scry 1, then reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal an artifact card this way, put that card into your hand and repeat this process.
Plenty of metal to be found here. I love Treasure Hunt, and this would be a fun card to make those sick draw-14 cards decks, with the new artifact taplands.

Winner: Megiddo
Next: Yeah Do Some Kamigawa (i love kamigawa)
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”