Abomination of Llanowar

NGW
Legacy/Commander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NGW » 3 years ago

I'm often cited as one of the more competitive players in my playgroup. I don't really go out of my way to be so, I think that for the most part my group is comprised of very solid players, however as someone that has played in tournaments (from drafts and sealed at FNM to Modern events and even Legacy at GPs) and that does put a lot of time and thought into the game it does sort of leak into my deck building and play style. It's only natural really. So when I pulled an Abomination of Llanowar from a pack, much like with Amareth, I saw it as an opportunity. I got together just a bunch of random elves and other golgari colored cards I had and, with very minimal money put into it, I set about putting together my attempt at an intentionally underpowered and janky, casual level deck. One of the guys in my group has said on multiple occasions that I can't build a bad/unoptimized deck. This was my response to that sentiment and I like to think I was successful in what I set out to do. I avoided any infinite combos or "I win" buttons..minus Exsanguinate and even then the deck doesn't really have ways to generate absurd amounts of mana because I avoided putting the money into the deck that would enable me doing so. Heck, as of this posting I've still managed to avoid picking up the recent elf precon from Kaldheim to use as a base to upgrade with.
Decklist

Planeswalkers

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by NGW 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

I've got an Abomination of Llanowar deck that I've been playing for a few months now. My decklist might give you some ideas on where you want to go in the future (the more expensive cards in my list really aren't absolutely necessary, just cards to use if you have them).

Your list as it currently stands has quite a few non-elves, many of them at higher CMC. I'd probably be looking to shift them out of the deck in favor of more elves to aid the commander. There are a lot of good cheap (monetarily and CMC) elves out there that can fill up the deck.

NGW
Legacy/Commander

Post by NGW » 3 years ago

Ruiner wrote:
3 years ago
I've got an Abomination of Llanowar deck that I've been playing for a few months now. My decklist might give you some ideas on where you want to go in the future (the more expensive cards in my list really aren't absolutely necessary, just cards to use if you have them).

Your list as it currently stands has quite a few non-elves, many of them at higher CMC. I'd probably be looking to shift them out of the deck in favor of more elves to aid the commander. There are a lot of good cheap (monetarily and CMC) elves out there that can fill up the deck.
Thanks for the list, will definitely check it out!

This list really was just something I had thrown together, The non-elf stuff was mostly just to have some sort of payoffs I think. They'll definitely go as I upgrade the deck more over time.

Did throw in a Lathril I had pulled from a CB though, which is pretty nice.

Appreciate the advice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”