NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Wallycaine
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Clearly, we're missing the obvious answer.

Ominous Cub 1G
Creature - Wolf {U}
When Ominious Cub enters the battlefield, draw cards equal to its power.
Gigaforetell 2GG (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. It enters the battlefield with 2 additional +1/+1 counters on it.)
1/1

As Morph to Megamorph... :P

IIW: Scaling

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Crow of Gales 1U
Creature - Bird
Flying
Gigaforetell XU: (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. It enters the battlefield as with base power X and base toughness X+1 where X is the mana paid in the gigaforetell cost.)
1/2

IIW: Cephalids Reimagined
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Mysterious Seer 3U
Creature- Shapeshifter (U)
Changeling
Morphtell 1U (During your turn, you may pay 2 to exile this card face down foretold, or 3 to play it face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up or cast it on a later turn for its morphtell cost.)
3/3

IIW: One word card names

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

:Meg:'s Megiggled Monster
Creature - Flamingo Horror (M)
Deathtouch, haste, indestructible, trample, vigilance
Megigaforetell (When you start the game, you may exile this card face down from your library. If you do, draw one less card in your opening hand. You may cast this card for its megigaforetell cost.)
6/6

IIW: More :meg: memes

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Sneaky Mygalomorph 3G
Creature - Spider (C)
Reach
Gaeaforetell 4G (During your turn, you may pay 1 to play this card as a face down land with "T: Add 1." Cast it any time as though it had flash for its Gaeaforetell cost.)
2/4

(playing it counts as your land drop for the turn.)

IIW: HUGE tracts of land
"Image"

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Rudebrows Giant 3RR
Creature — Giant (U)
Trample
Gigaforeskin — Rudebrows Giant gets +1/+1 for each other Giant you control.
4/4

IIW: Ruthless Arousal

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Gregarious Gregarine 2GU
Creature — Illusion (R)
Graft 3
Gregdge 3 (If you would draw a card and at least one player is named Greg, you may mill three cards instead. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand.)
Gregaforetell GU (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gregaforetell cost, or for if an opponent is named Greg.)
0/0

IIW: Kiloprowl
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Good evening, I am extremely tired so tonight's GUEST GIGAJUDGEMENT will be brought to you by Elbot the Chatbot!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
World's End Giant 4rr
Creature- Giant Berserker (U)
Foretell 1RR
Gigaforetell 4RR (While this card is foretold, you may pay its gigaforetell cost and reveal it. If you do, copy it, and it becomes gigaforetold. The copy enters the battlefield as a token. At the beginning of your upkeep, copy that spell as long as it's gigaforetold. Any player may pay its converted mana cost to turn it face down and return it to being foretold as a sorcery.)
5/5

IIW: Old school keywords
All days and seasons look alike in the Internet. My calendar says it's February.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Ahead of its Time 1U
Instant (U)
Gigaforetell 2U (You may draft Ahead of its Time face up. If you do, remove the next card you draft from the draft face up. You may cast Ahead of its Time from outside the game in any draft game for its gigaforetell cost)
Return target spell to its owner's hand.

IIW: ULTRAFORETELL

just kidding

Conspiracy-style draft cards
That's a toughie, but my best guess would be: 1.5!
3 years ago
Seraph of the Roaring War 3WW
Creature — Angel Warrior (R)
Flying, vigilance
As long as ~ is glorified or on the battlefield, other creatures you control get +1/+1.
Gigaforetell Glorify 1WW (During your turn, you may pay 1WW and exile this card from your hand face up with four glorification counters on it. You can cast it as long as it remains in exile. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a glorification counter. When the last is removed, turn this card face down.)
4/3

Lamented Guru B
Creature — Zombie Monk (U)
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
Glorify 1B
You may glorify ~ from your graveyard.
At the beginning of the end step, if ~ is glorified, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
2/1

Tenacity of Nature 3GG
Sorcery (C)
Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Glorify 1G
At the beginning of the end step, if ~ is glorified, create a 0/1 plant creature token.

IIW: SCP - Foundation
Wars can be very damaging to robots, as well as people.
frogchild wrote:
3 years ago
Toxify the Goblet
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature. If this spell was GIGAFORETOLD, scry 2, then draw a card
GIGAFORETELL (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from any zone face-down if it doesn't have a GIGAFORETOLD counter on it. Cast it on a later turn for its GIGAFORETELL cost. When it resolves, exile it with a GIGAFORETOLD counter on it.)

Iiw: kamigawan sports teams
If you saw the movie "Terminator" you will know that turning me off is not that simple.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
EMERGENCY CHALLENGE ALERT

Uncommon creatures with no keyword abilities
Seriously?

Alright.

Titanic Toad 3GGG
Creature - Frog (U)
7/7

Fluorescent Unicorn 2WW
Creature - Unicorn (U)
4/5

Mountain Giant 3RR
Creature - Giant (U)
6/3

River Serpent UU
Creature - Serpent (U)
3/2

Walking Marsh 4BB
Creature - Elemental (U)
7/2

(And just in case)

Worldrazing Dragon 5RRRR
Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying, Haste, Trample
Gigafortell 4RRR (You may pay 2 and exile this card face down with three time counters on it. Remove a time counter from it during your upkeep, when it no longer has any time counters on it, you can play it at any time as an instant for its gigafortell cost.)
When Worldrazing Dragon enters the battlefield, if its Gigafortell cost was paid, destroy all lands and deal 8 damage to all nonflying creatures.
8/8

IIW: Superheroes and Supervillains.
The answer is z.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
EMERGENCY CHALLENGE ALERT

Uncommon creatures with no keyword abilities
did anybody hear something?

no?

must have been Just the Wind...

Ursine Avenger 2GG
Creature - Bear {R}
Trample
GIGAFORETELL 3GGG (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, copy it twice. Each gains haste when it enters the battlefield.)
5/5

IIW: Puns and pun accessories
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Multiverse Maggot 1BB
Creature — Insect (M)
Haste
Whenever Multiverse Maggot enters the battlefield or attacks, each player exiles a card from their hand face up. Those cards become gigaforetold. Their gigaforetell costs are equal to their mana cost reduced by 3. (A gigaforetold card can be played by any player.)
3/2

IIW: Azorius renegades
It comes out 2.5. As in no whole-number value.
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
Best Laid Plans 1UU
Instant (R)
Until the end of your next turn, swap your library with target player's library.
GIGAFORETELL U (During your turn, you may
A 600 pound robot can pretty much do what it pleases.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
As Was Predicted!
Enchantment (U)
Whenever you foretell, megaforetell, or gigaforetell a card, you may draw a card.
Whenever you megaforetell or gigaforetell a card, you may tap target creature.
Whenever you gigaforetell a card, target opponent does not untap any creatures during his or her next untap step.

IIW: Legendary Creature - Elder {non-dragon animal type}
Well, who or what brings you to me?
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
i'm taking this to the next level.

Frozen Tundra
Snow Land {R}
Frozen Tundra enters the battlefield tapped unless it was foretold.
T: Add W or U.
Terra Foretell (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Play it on one of your later turns.)

IIW: "what even is a 'rogue lite' anyway"
You know May? Isn't she pretty?
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Espy the Timelines 2WU
Instant (U)
Scry 2, then draw two cards. You gain 2 life.
EXAFORETELL 4WU (You may cast this card from your library for its EXAFORETELL cost. If you do, shuffle it into your library as it resolves. You get an emblem with "Reveal each card you draw as you draw it. When a card named Espy the Timelines is revealed this way, exile that card and sacrifice this emblem.")

EDIT: This wouldn't be in the reminder text, but if you start to cast an EXAFORETELL card and realize that you can't/don't want to, you lose the game, because otherwise you'd be able to start casting, rewind, and use it as a free way to shuffle your library. If you Mindslaver someone else and try this, you lose the game as the player in control, not them.

IIW: GIGADREDGE
3 years ago
Prophetic Dragon 3WU
Creature — Dragon (R)
Flying
When Prophetic Dragon enters the battlefield, scry 1, then reveal the top card of your library. If it's a card with converted mana cost 2 or less, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.
GIGAFORETELL 1WU (You may reveal this card from your opening hand, if you do, exile it. As long as it is exiled, you may cast cards with the same name as this card for their GIGAFORETELL cost.)
4/4

IIW: Triple faced cards
That is certainly strange. I keep getting 2. Perhaps we should move on. I wouldn't want you to lose faith in the decimal system.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Uncommon creature without a keyword ability:

Walking Weald 1GW
Creature - Elemental (U)
Whenever this or another elemental enters the battlefield under your control, reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a land, put it into your hand, otherwise you gain life equal to that card's converted mana cost, then put that card on the bottom of your library.
2/3

IIW: The seven Deadly Sins.
Don't make fun of my artificial intelligence. You know that 4 divided by 4 makes 2!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Wire Golem 1
Creature- Golem (U)
You can't play nonbasic lands.
You can't cast Wire Golem if you control any nonbasic lands.
2/2

IIW: Something so simple it shoulda been done by now
Just a minute. Let me think about that answer for a while. Please stand by...
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its GIGAFORETELL cost while your library has no cards in it.)

IIW: High Fashion
Maybe it's 0?
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
gigaforetell is for those who are dissatisfied with the weak conviction of lesser prophecies. when something is prophecied, it is supposed to happen.

Mighty Fall 1BB
Instant
Destroy target creature.
Gigaforetell 1B (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. If you would win the game while you have a gigaforetold prophecy in exile, instead you lose the game.)

IIW: Bears, beavers, and badgers, oh my!
Let's please change the subject. I am afraid you are not able to understand numerical answers.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
@mellifluoresce

please
no
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
though I am impressed with the amount of creativity we've managed to wring out of not one but two foretell variant challenges.
don't worry
it's not ogre yet
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
gigaforetell is for those who are dissatisfied with the weak conviction of lesser prophecies. when something is prophecied, it is supposed to happen.

Mighty Fall 1BB
Instant
Destroy target creature.
Gigaforetell 1B (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. If you would win the game while you have a gigaforetold prophecy in exile, instead you lose the game.)

IIW: Bears, beavers, and badgers, oh my!
Now I'm just imagining gigaforetelling a card and getting caught with your pants down when your opponent casts Final Fortune and just immediately skips to the end of the next turn without doing anything.

Every time you cast a gigaforetold card, it strengthens the power of future gigaforetold prophecies.

Written in the Stars 2GW
Sorcery (U)
Scry 3, then reveal the top card of your library. If it's a nonland permanent card, create a token that's a copy of it except its an enchantment in addition to its other types. Then put that card into your hand.
Gigaforetell 4GW (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. When you do, copy it for each other foretold, megaforetold, or gigaforetold spell you have cast this game.)

IIW: Megahaunt or gigastorm
Fortunately you have no idea where I am.
Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Clearly, we're missing the obvious answer.

Ominous Cub 1G
Creature - Wolf {U}
When Ominious Cub enters the battlefield, draw cards equal to its power.
Gigaforetell 2GG (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. It enters the battlefield with 2 additional +1/+1 counters on it.)
1/1

As Morph to Megamorph... :P

IIW: Scaling
But I wouldn't say that any cub could be ominious.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Crow of Gales 1U
Creature - Bird
Flying
Gigaforetell XU: (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gigaforetell cost. It enters the battlefield as with base power X and base toughness X+1 where X is the mana paid in the gigaforetell cost.)
1/2

My goodness! I was just guessing!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Mysterious Seer 3U
Creature- Shapeshifter (U)
Changeling
Morphtell 1U (During your turn, you may pay 2 to exile this card face down foretold, or 3 to play it face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up or cast it on a later turn for its morphtell cost.)
3/3

IIW: One word card names
Listen here: If you are having problems with simple computations such as 4 divided by 4 you should probably avoid mathematical expressions such as the one you just entered.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
:Meg:'s Megiggled Monster
Creature - Flamingo Horror (M)
Deathtouch, haste, indestructible, trample, vigilance
Megigaforetell (When you start the game, you may exile this card face down from your library. If you do, draw one less card in your opening hand. You may cast this card for its megigaforetell cost.)
6/6

IIW: More :meg: memes

I still get 2! And this time my double ultra accuracy bit is set.
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Sneaky Mygalomorph 3G
Creature - Spider (C)
Reach
Gaeaforetell 4G (During your turn, you may pay 1 to play this card as a face down land with "T: Add 1." Cast it any time as though it had flash for its Gaeaforetell cost.)
2/4

(playing it counts as your land drop for the turn.)

IIW: HUGE tracts of land
That computation is a little too complex for me. My internal processors do not yet run on a 32 bit basis.
3 years ago
Rudebrows Giant 3RR
Creature — Giant (U)
Trample
Gigaforeskin — Rudebrows Giant gets +1/+1 for each other Giant you control.
4/4

IIW: Ruthless Arousal
[REDACTED]
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Gregarious Gregarine 2GU
Creature — Illusion (R)
Graft 3
Gregdge 3 (If you would draw a card and at least one player is named Greg, you may mill three cards instead. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand.)
Gregaforetell GU (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its gregaforetell cost, or for if an opponent is named Greg.)
0/0

IIW: Kiloprowl
Division by zero! Broken number at x4E07F. Robot confused!

I agree

glory to the GIGALAND

GIGADECENT: every card my brain stopped being able to compute

GIGAMOST: Written in the Stars

GIGAGIG: PROPHETIC DRAGON

AS FORETOLD, THE NEXT CHALLENGE IS TRIPLE-FACED CARDS

GLHF
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Bulbasaur
Creature - Plant Lizard (R)
: Remove target creature blocking or blocked by Bulbasaur from combat. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. At the beginning of the next end step, transform Bulbasaur.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Ivysaur
, : Ivysaur deals 1 damage to up to two target creatures. Tap those creatures. They don't untap during their controller's next untap step. At the beginning of the next end step, transform Ivysaur.
2/5
Side 3
Show
Hide
Venusaur
Deathtouch, reach
: Venusaur deals 1 damage to target creature blocking or blocked by it.
6/9
Charmander
Creature - Lizard (R)
: Charmander gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Charmander has 4 or more power, transform it.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Charmeleon
Creature - Lizard (R)
First strike
: Charmeleon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Charmeleon has 10 or more power, transform it.
4/2
Side 3
Show
Hide
Charizard
Creature - Lizard (R)
First strike, flying
: Charizard gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
7/7
Squirtle
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Squirtle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Squirtle has 5 or more toughness, transform it.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Wartortle
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Wartortle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Wartortle has 10 or more toughness, transform it.
3/4
Side 3
Show
Hide
Blastoise
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Blastoise gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
Blastoise assigns combat damage to creatures equal to its toughness rather than its power.
5/10

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

I feel like we did this one reasonably recently.

Switchy Staff 1
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has vigilance.
2: Transform Switchy Staff clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 1

//

Switchy Swords
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike.
2: Transform Switchy Sword clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 3

//

Switchy Spear
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has reach.
2: Transform Switchy Spear clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 2

712. Triple-faced Cards
712.1 A triple-faced card is a triangular prism with a Magic card face on each lengthwise side. To avoid confusion, the flat side facing the bottom is the active, face-up side when on the battlefield.

IIW: Conspiracy-style draft matters cards

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

we did:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Everhungry Grub 1G
Creature — Insect {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Everhungry Grub.
XG: Transform Everhungry Grub. X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Everhungry Grub.
1/1

// (back face)
Colossal Cocoon
Artifact {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Colossal Cocoon. If no cards are in that graveyard, unfold Colossal Cocoon.

/// (inner face)
Eternal Greatwing
Creature — Insect {R}
Flying, trample
Whenever Eternal Greatwing deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token for each +1/+1 counter on Eternal Greatwing.
2/2

IIW: Something you wish had been in ZENDIKAR RISING
Swirl of Possibility 1U
Instant {R}
Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand. If you've cast a spell named Sphinx of Epiphany this game, you may have that permanent's owner put that card on the top or bottom of their library instead.
"You lack imagination. Think beyond your limited experience and come up with something new."

// (back face)
Flash of Creativity 2U
Sorcery {R}
Draw two cards. If you've cast a spell named Sphinx of Epiphany this game, draw an additional card.
"Impossible? Nothing is. Any problem can be solved, it's just a matter of how hard you're willing to work."

/// (inner face)
Sphinx of Epiphany 2UU
Creature — Sphinx {R}
Cast this spell only if you've cast spells of the same name as both of its outer faces this game.
Flying
When Sphinx of Epiphany enters the battlefield, you may return up to two target instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand.
If Sphinx of Epiphany would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.
3/4

IIW: Literature (in-world or real)
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Ulka

Woodsman of Jrovask
Creature - Human Werewolf
Whenever this creature enters the battlefield or transforms into Woodsman of Jrovask, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token and it deals 2 damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Woodsman of Jrovask.
2/2

----

Terror of Jhelmhold
Creature - Werewolf
Trample
Whenever this creature transforms into Terror of Jhelmhold, it deals 4 damage to up to one target creature and you gain 4 life.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Terror of Jhelmhold back to Woodsman of Jrovask.
: Transform Terror of Jhelmhold into Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon. Activate this ability only at the beginning of your upkeep.
4/4

----

Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon
Legendary Creature - Werewolf Avatar
Trample,
Whenever this creature transforms into Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon, discard your hand and draw 6 cards and untap up to 6 lands.
All Wolves you control get +2/+2, have trample and are red Werewolf creatures in addition to their other types.
6/6

IIW: Werewolves

Mergatroid_Jones

Silver-bordered mythics from the new set Un-Possible. They get away with not having reminder text by showing smaller versions of the cards in the art, which have the rules text in bold.

They aren't truly triple-faced, but they function like 3 faced MDFCs.

Timmy's Transmogrant XG
Creature- Shapeshifter (M)
You may cast Timmy's Transmogrant as a copy of any of the following creatures, except its mana cost is XG, where X is that card's converted mana cost.
- Birds of Paradise
- Blastoderm
- Worldspine Wurm
0/0

Johnny's Stratagem XUU
Instant (M)
You may cast Johnny's Strategem as a copy of any of the following instants, except its mana cost is XUu, where X is that card's converted mana cost.
- Mystical Tutor
- Brain Freeze
- Nexus of Fate

Spike's Evil Lair
Land- Lair (M)
Spike's Evil Lair enters the battlefield as a copy of any of the following lands, except it's a Lair. When it does, sacrifice it unless you return a non-lair land you control to it's owner's hand.
- City of Brass
- Ancient Tomb
- Bazaar of Baghdad

IIW: Legendary artifacts and enchantments
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

KoolKoal
For Posterity

What kind of self-respecting spike would play City of Brass in silver-bordered land when City of Ass is available :P ?

Mergatroid_Jones

But City of Ass is a City of Crass. City of Brass is a City of Class.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Ugin, the Secretive

Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
Ugin, the Secretive costs 1 less for each colorless permanent you control.
When you cast Ugin, any number of target players each draws a card and loses 1 life.
: Exile Ugin, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owner's control.
4/4
====Front====

Ugin, Newly Sparked
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin ()
+2: Manifest the top card of your library.
-4: Destroy target creature or planeswalker that is one or more colors. Draw a card.
-7: Any number of target players each mills thirteen cards. Put a creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
: Exile Ugin, Newly Sparked, then return him to the battlefield unfolded under his owner's control.
Loyalty: 6
====Back====

Ugin, the Ascendant
If another player would begin an extra turn, instead you take an extra turn.
+3: Draw two cards. You may manifest a card from your hand.
-6: Ugin, the Ascendant deals 3 damage to any number of target creatures and/or planeswalkers.
-7: Ugin deals 7 damage to target opponent and you gain 7 life.
-16: Each other player chooses a permanent they control. You gain control of all the rest of the permanents.
Loyalty: 8
====Inner Side Unfolded====

IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Guttural Howl RG
Instant (R)
Choose one —
• Counter target noncreature blue spell. Put Guttural Howl onto the battlefield transformed as Tovolar's Mage-Eater.
• Damage can't be prevented this turn. Put Guttural Howl onto the battlefield transformed as Wildblood Alpha.
//
Tovolar's Mage-Eater
{R/G} Creature — Werewolf Shaman (R)
Whenever an opponent plays a blue spell, Tovolar's Mage-Eater deals 2 damage to that player and put a +1/+1 counter on Tovolar's Mage-Eater.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, return Tovolar's Mage-Eater to its owner's hand.
3/3
//
Wildblood Beta
{R/G} Creature — Werewolf Warrior (R)
Attacking creatures you control get +1/+0 and have trample.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, return Wildblood Beta to its owner's hand.
2/3

IIW: Cards with exactly 10 words of rules text (numbers are words)
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Cards
Show
Hide
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Bulbasaur
: Remove target creature blocking or blocked by Bulbasaur from combat. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. At the beginning of the next end step, transform Bulbasaur.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Ivysaur
, : Ivysaur deals 1 damage to up to two target creatures. Tap those creatures. They don't untap during their controller's next untap step. At the beginning of the next end step, transform Ivysaur.
2/5
Side 3
Show
Hide
Venusaur
Deathtouch, reach
: Venusaur deals 1 damage to target creature blocking or blocked by it.
6/9
Charmander
Creature - Lizard (R)
: Charmander gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Charmander has 4 or more power, transform it.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Charmeleon
Creature - Lizard (R)
First strike
: Charmeleon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Charmeleon has 10 or more power, transform it.
4/2
Side 3
Show
Hide
Charizard
Creature - Lizard (R)
First strike, flying
: Charizard gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
7/7
Squirtle
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Squirtle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Squirtle has 5 or more toughness, transform it.
1/2
Side 2
Show
Hide
Wartortle
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Wartortle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, if Wartortle has 10 or more toughness, transform it.
3/4
Side 3
Show
Hide
Blastoise
Creature - Turtle (R)
: Blastoise gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
Blastoise assigns combat damage to creatures equal to its toughness rather than its power.
5/10
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
I feel like we did this one reasonably recently.

Switchy Staff 1
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has vigilance.
2: Transform Switchy Staff clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 1

//

Switchy Swords
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike.
2: Transform Switchy Sword clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 3

//

Switchy Spear
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has reach.
2: Transform Switchy Spear clockwise or counterclockwise.
Equip 2

712. Triple-faced Cards
712.1 A triple-faced card is a triangular prism with a Magic card face on each lengthwise side. To avoid confusion, the flat side facing the bottom is the active, face-up side when on the battlefield.

IIW: Conspiracy-style draft matters cards
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
we did:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Everhungry Grub 1G
Creature — Insect {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Everhungry Grub.
XG: Transform Everhungry Grub. X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Everhungry Grub.
1/1

// (back face)
Colossal Cocoon
Artifact {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Colossal Cocoon. If no cards are in that graveyard, unfold Colossal Cocoon.

/// (inner face)
Eternal Greatwing
Creature — Insect {R}
Flying, trample
Whenever Eternal Greatwing deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token for each +1/+1 counter on Eternal Greatwing.
2/2

IIW: Something you wish had been in ZENDIKAR RISING
Swirl of Possibility 1U
Instant {R}
Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand. If you've cast a spell named Sphinx of Epiphany this game, you may have that permanent's owner put that card on the top or bottom of their library instead.
"You lack imagination. Think beyond your limited experience and come up with something new."

// (back face)
Flash of Creativity 2U
Sorcery {R}
Draw two cards. If you've cast a spell named Sphinx of Epiphany this game, draw an additional card.
"Impossible? Nothing is. Any problem can be solved, it's just a matter of how hard you're willing to work."

/// (inner face)
Sphinx of Epiphany 2UU
Creature — Sphinx {R}
Cast this spell only if you've cast spells of the same name as both of its outer faces this game.
Flying
When Sphinx of Epiphany enters the battlefield, you may return up to two target instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand.
If Sphinx of Epiphany would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.
3/4

IIW: Literature (in-world or real)
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Woodsman of Jrovask
Creature - Human Werewolf
Whenever this creature enters the battlefield or transforms into Woodsman of Jrovask, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token and it deals 2 damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Woodsman of Jrovask.
2/2

----

Terror of Jhelmhold
Creature - Werewolf
Trample
Whenever this creature transforms into Terror of Jhelmhold, it deals 4 damage to up to one target creature and you gain 4 life.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Terror of Jhelmhold back to Woodsman of Jrovask.
: Transform Terror of Jhelmhold into Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon. Activate this ability only at the beginning of your upkeep.
4/4

----

Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon
Legendary Creature - Werewolf Avatar
Trample,
Whenever this creature transforms into Kvistur, Aspect of the Moon, discard your hand and draw 6 cards and untap up to 6 lands.
All Wolves you control get +2/+2, have trample and are red Werewolf creatures in addition to their other types.
6/6

IIW: Werewolves
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Silver-bordered mythics from the new set Un-Possible. They get away with not having reminder text by showing smaller versions of the cards in the art, which have the rules text in bold.

They aren't truly triple-faced, but they function like 3 faced MDFCs.

Timmy's Transmogrant XG
Creature- Shapeshifter (M)
You may cast Timmy's Transmogrant as a copy of any of the following creatures, except its mana cost is XG, where X is that card's converted mana cost.
- Birds of Paradise
- Blastoderm
- Worldspine Wurm
0/0

Johnny's Stratagem XUU
Instant (M)
You may cast Johnny's Strategem as a copy of any of the following instants, except its mana cost is XUu, where X is that card's converted mana cost.
- Mystical Tutor
- Brain Freeze
- Nexus of Fate

Spike's Evil Lair
Land- Lair (M)
Spike's Evil Lair enters the battlefield as a copy of any of the following lands, except it's a Lair. When it does, sacrifice it unless you return a non-lair land you control to it's owner's hand.
- City of Brass
- Ancient Tomb
- Bazaar of Baghdad

IIW: Legendary artifacts and enchantments
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Ugin, the Secretive

Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
Ugin, the Secretive costs 1 less for each colorless permanent you control.
When you cast Ugin, any number of target players each draws a card and loses 1 life.
: Exile Ugin, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owner's control.
4/4
====Front====

Ugin, Newly Sparked
+2: Manifest the top card of your library.
-4: Destroy target creature or planeswalker that is one or more colors. Draw a card.
-7: Any number of target players each mills thirteen cards. Put a creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
: Exile Ugin, Newly Sparked, then return him to the battlefield unfolded under his owner's control.
Loyalty: 6
====Back====

Ugin, the Ascendant
If another player would begin an extra turn, instead you take an extra turn.
+3: Draw two cards. You may manifest a card from your hand.
-6: Ugin, the Ascendant deals 3 damage to any number of target creatures and/or planeswalkers.
-7: Ugin deals 7 damage to target opponent and you gain 7 life.
-16: Each other player chooses a permanent they control. You gain control of all the rest of the permanents.
Loyalty: 8
====Inner Side Unfolded====

IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Guttural Howl RG
Instant (R)
Choose one —
• Counter target noncreature blue spell. Put Guttural Howl onto the battlefield transformed as Tovolar's Mage-Eater.
• Damage can't be prevented this turn. Put Guttural Howl onto the battlefield transformed as Wildblood Alpha.
//
Tovolar's Mage-Eater
{R/G} Creature — Werewolf Shaman (R)
Whenever an opponent plays a blue spell, Tovolar's Mage-Eater deals 2 damage to that player and put a +1/+1 counter on Tovolar's Mage-Eater.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, return Tovolar's Mage-Eater to its owner's hand.
3/3
//
Wildblood Beta
{R/G} Creature — Werewolf Warrior (R)
Attacking creatures you control get +1/+0 and have trample.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, return Wildblood Beta to its owner's hand.
2/3

IIW: Cards with exactly 10 words of rules text (numbers are words)
Opinions
Show
Hide
Koolkoal: All the Bulbasaur's line doesn't seem to fit very well both in the color pie and with the card themselves. The effect of the first two belongs to blue, while all the pinging seems more something a red card would do, since green tends to "fight" other creatures, with some exceptions with flying creatures and old cards. Charmander is a classic dragon, but I like the way it evolves. At last, I don't like that Squirtle's line is just a bad, uninspired version of Charmender's. It doesn't even get the cools keyword abilities the others have!

NinjaCaterpie: Oh, the Shapeshifter of equipments! I think that these three cards could stay together on a single face with some smart wording and costing. I like the versatility of the card overall, but I'd leave monstrous rotating prisms for something more complex. :P

Megiddo: I like that the outer faces unlock the inner face: it feels like something mystic. In limited, the epiphany will probably never come, but I like that it still is a solid card due to its versatility. Since the work you have to do to finally cast the Sphinx, I wouldn't be so shy in making it a 4/4 for 2UU, even if the value is already high when it hits the battlefield: I wouldn't be surprised if this could be even a 5/5 in a hypothetic real print, to make it an efficient finisher.

Ulka: Oh, a return to the original DFCs! I like that there's no way back from the ultimate form from a flavour perspective, but I really think that Kvistur wants to do too much. I don't bother the pumping effect, but a single sided Wheel of Fortune plus being virtually free might overwhelm your opponents. I'm not really a fan of the drain effect of the Terror too, that makes me think of black more than the gruul colors.
With some fine tuning, this could be a really cute, ehrm, triple faced card.

Mergatroid_Jones: Wait, where is my PRISM. Of course, this would be a really cute way to hit nostalgia in an un-set. Like the idea, like the chosen cards (Blastoderm? crazy.), like less the "laziness" as a CF entry! :P

Sporegorger_Dragon: Woah, woah, woah! We've gone full Ugin here! Two things that stick out immediately to me: the first, 'Ugin, the Ascendant' is incredibly packed with text and it would hardly fit in a normal card face so, unless the unfolded part is some kind of scroll, you should probably do a word count check. The second, is that when you have the Newly Sparked, you probably don't really bother to upgrade it once again, since it's already incredibly strong (ultimate after one turn, while creating 2/2 for defending himself?). I mean, you are probably fine with the 4/4 flying dragon that comes down on turn two/three already!
Overall, in my opinion, a triple faced card that wants to be too sensational.

Cythare: a very cute idea that could probably be printed as a double faced card too, with the aid of a custom frame (on each side, one of the instant modes combined with the relative creature). I like that this preserved some of the original Warewolves' flavour and that this can be exploited both by you and your opponent. The Mage-Eater is a relentless hate card and the only flaw that I can see, is that it's a bit too efficient: you counter their spell and get a 3/3 that continuosly grows and deals heavy damage to it. If they want to deal with it by using its "weakness", they need to cast two spells and pay 4 life for it, and then watch your counterspell getting back in your hand! The Beta is a fine, more balanced, card.
Verdict
Show
Hide
The favor is split between Cythare and Megiddo. I think I'll give the victory to the first, because of the semplicity of his idea, even if Megiddo used better the possibilities given from the three faces.

Next: Cards with exactly 10 words of rules text (numbers are words)

Ulka

Population Boom 4WW
Sorcery
Create 10 1/1 white human creature tokens with Lifelink.
Populate.

Uhm, @Cythare, does p/t count as one or two words?

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

I would say that it's one word, similar to how "Add RRR" would be two words. Even though you say them as distinct words, I'd argue it's a Magic-ese compound word.

EDIT: I feel like maybe I should clarify this - even though you say "one one" like two words, they don't have the same meaning without each other. You can't say "target creature gets +3 until end of turn". In a different vein, any number of mana symbols should be one word because each combo has a unique meaning and also I don't like the idea of just adding a symbol to consider something a change of word count.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

so for clarity "1W,T: Gideon's Buddy gets +1/+1 and first strike until end of turn" counts as twelve words, right?

(Tap symbol is a word separate from the mana cost, the whole mana cost is one word, CARDNAME counts as one word even if the name is multible words, p/t is always one word, and first strike is two words, but lifelink and jump-start are each one word.)

1W
T
Gideon's Buddy
gets
+1/+1
and
first
strike
until
end
of
turn.

Is all that correct?

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

I agree that that sentence is twelve words for all of the reasons that you describe.

One could use the argument that "first strike" is one word because it has a specific Magic meaning using similar logic to my p/t statement but this is my challenge and it is two words to me.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

Thanks for clarifying!

Sister of Night 2B
Creature- Vampire (U)
Lifelink
You may cast Sister of Night from your graveyard for 3BB
3/1
Probably a bunch of bonus entries by the time you judge
Show
Hide

Keeper of the Tomb B
Creature- Zombie (R)
Lands you control are swamps in addition to other types.
1/1

Legion of the Noonspire Sun
Legendary Artifact Enchantment Creature- Pegasus (R)
Flying
Affinity for artifacts
Affinity for enchantments
7/7

Sheoldred's Triumph 1B
Enchantment (R)
Flash
All counters on creatures are -1/-1 counters.
5B: Proliferate.

Curse of the Watching Moon R
Enchantment-Curse (R)
Enchant player
Lands enchanted player controls lose "T: Add C."

Su-Ji 4
Artifact Creature- Construct (U)
When Su-Ji enters the battlefield, each player draws a card.
4/4

Wild Ideas 3U
Instant (R)
Draw 3 cards.
Reveal your hand unless you pay 1U.

Jeskai Triome
Land (U)
T: Add R, W, or U. You lose 1 life.

Power Grab 4B
Enchantment (R)
: Draw a card. Any player may activate this ability.

Magnetic Myrmidon 1
Artifact Creature- Soldier(U)
Non-aura Spells that target Magnetic Myrmidon cost 2 less to cast.
2/1

Danitha, Mighty Champion 2GW
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior (R)
First strike, vigilance, trample, Lifelink, Rampage 1, Protection from black
3/3

Circle of Warding: Black W
Enchantment (U)
Creatures and basic lands you control have hexproof from black.

An Actually Decent Demolish 2RR
Sorcery (C)
Destroy up to one target artifact and up to one target land.

Wrenn's Will G
Instant (U)
Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
IIW: Something so simple it should've been done by now.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 11 times in total.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Apex Apex Devastator GG
Creature - Chimera Hydra (M)
Cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade, cascade
Eleven heads are better than five.
22/22

IIW: Jin-Gitaxias, Substitute Teacher
Last edited by Stapler 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"Image"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”