NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Death in the End 2BB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures and then end the turn.
"and then everyone died. The end."

IIW: Wordy Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

it might be time....
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

@mellifluoresce judge pls

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Combat Judgement
Sorcery (U)
Target player choses one creature they control. The next time the chosen creature attacks, it gets +1/+2 and double strike. During that player's next combat only the chosen creature may attack. When that creature leaves the battlefield before your next upkeep, its controller discards their hand.
"Stand tall and fight true, so my claim is undisputed. I cannot fathom what a disaster to me would be for you to fall."
-Queen Marchesa

IIW: New identity for blue-green (not +1/+1 counters and not draw+ramp)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Bestow Barony 1WB
Sorcery (M)
A person outside the game joins the game next in turn order. That player becomes the monarch. You can't attack that player this turn. (They choose a deck legal in the format to play, and follow the regular pre-game procedure. Then they become the monarch.)
"Long may you reign."

IIW: Equipment suitable for children
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

melli playing the long game.

- says will judge
- does not judge
- forces meg to make up judgings
- people call it terrible
- melli still says "will judge" giving people hope that it will be better

the real game of thrones x mtg was meta all along

Megiddo
MEG

Disclaimer, I know little about GOT. But it seems like most of us went for the same very shallow well. Deep flavor cuts would probably be lost on me, so I won't really judge from that angle.
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
A Song of Ice and Fire
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I - IV: Target player chosen at random sacrifices a creature with the greatest power among the creatures they control. If you were that player, draw a card.
V: Player who controls the creature with the greatest power becomes a Monarch. Prevent all combat damage dealt to that player until they lose Monarch. (If multiple players control the creatures tied for the greatest power, no one becomes the Monarch.)

IIW: White Foxes or white Cats.
I gotta tell you, preventing combat damage being dealt to somebody who is the monarch seems a bit overpowered considering that the main way to lose being the monarch is combat damage. This is pretty brutal too if you build around not having a lot of creatures.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Thousand-Page Tome -- CCC
Legendary Artifact
: Draw a card. Exile Thousand-Page Tome with three time counters on it. It gains suspend.
IIW: Starting life totals
This is kind of neat actually and you can live the dream that the future sight cycle wasn't quite good enough for.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Million-Page Tome 3
Legendary Artifact {R}
T: Draw two cards. Exile Million-Page Tome. It gains suspend.
"Any day now...

IIW: roll me up
perfection
3 years ago
Correct me if I did not get the meme.

Never-ended Tome
Legendary Artifact (R)
: Draw two cards and untap target land. Exile Never-ended Tome.
"... I am going on vacation to end it finally."

IIW: Water in three forms.
Why does this untap a land?
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Felicitous Union 2W
Enchantment (R)
When Felicitous Union enters the battlefield, each player gains 3 life. Until your next turn, creatures can't attack.
BR: Transform Felicitous Union.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////////
Betrayer's Feast
()Enchantment
Creatures you control have "T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to another target creature."
1b: Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Betrayer's feast.

IIW: Enchantment tokens (creature or noncreature)
See, even I get this reference.
I'd probably cut the black ability from this, but it's fun.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Brunhilda, Nurturer of Dragons
[Daenerys, Mother of Dragons]
4ubrrr
Creature - Human Noble (M)
Protection from Dragons
When Brunhilda, Nurturer of Dragons enters the battlefield, create Breva, a legendary 3/3 blue Dragon creature token with flying and hexproof, and Volas, a legendary 4/4 black Dragon creature token with flying and deathtouch, and Azak, a legendary 6/6 red Dragon creature token with flying and trample. You become the monarch.
As long as you are the monarch, Dragon creature spells you cast cost 2 less to cast and can't be countered.
2/2

Notes: Went with Grixis instead of Jund since a blue flying dragon is easier to justify than a green one.

IIW: Rakshasa
My main objection to this card is that somebody at WOTC, when first presented with the concept of doing real-world IP pairings for secret lairs, immediately thought about doing a GOT crossover. "It's so popular, they'll love it!"
I'll go on a slight digression here about top-down designs. This is also a personal preference/oldhead thing that I'm still mad at WOTC for moving away from, full disclosure. You'll often see me complain about cards having "too many words" on them. The motivation behind keeping cards sleek is that they read better and pack more punch in less text. It's like poetry in a sense.
You have three abilities on this card. Technically four.
1. Protection from dragons
2. create 3 dragons
3. make you the monarch
4. cost reduction for dragons as long as you're the monarch

I think here you can cut away two of these abilities without losing the core function of the card. First, protection from dragons is simply not going to matter on a 2/2 that does not have flying. It's 100% flavor, but if you want to get a more relevant ability on there with a similar flavor angle I would consider protection from red. Second, the cost reduction for dragons is nice, but the card costs nine mana. When you're spending nine (or more, if it's a commander) mana on a card, how relevant is a cost reduction ability? I'd drop that one. it doesn't seem critical.

This is a long way of saying that when looking at a top-down card, I like to consider seeing if it can be captured in a sleeker package. Trying to literally interpret aspects (or translate multiple aspects) of a multifaceted character from a property can be a trap.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Await the Impossible
Sorcery (M)
Suspend 3 WUBRG
Await the Impossible loses suspend as long as it's exiled (You don't remove time counters from it)
If you cast Await the Impossible from exile, you win the game.

IIW: Trees
I already made this joke, but yours at least has a payoff.

Unlike the TV show.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Aragorn's Tax Policy 3W
Enchatment (R)
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, they may pay 1. If they don't, you create a treasure token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 7 or more treasures, you become the monarch.
"Now that I've missed the point of Tolkein, I'll never release my next book, and let the show have the worst finale in recent memory outside of Supernatural."

IIW: Attack triggers
I'm glad you linked that, though I did happen to get that reference already.
I kind of like this as both a pretty white-feeling CA engine and a way to reclaim Monarch status without attacking.
3 years ago
Might as well jump on the meme wagon:

Jirard Jrillo, Persnickety Perfectionist
2wwuu
Legendary Creature - Human Scribe (M)
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, if it wasn't cast from exile, counter that spell. If the spell is countered this way, exile it with five time counters on it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
1/2

Very disruptive. 6 mana 1/2?
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Sexposition 2W
Sorcery
Create 2 1/1 white Human creature tokens, then tap them.
Draw a card.
"Exposition dump + Gratuitous sex = Television Success!"

IIW: Slow down, everybody
This one made me laugh. It feels Not White.
Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Terrial, The Halfman 1BW
Creature - Human Advisor
Whenever you are attacked by a creature, if Terrial is untapped, you draw a card and you lose one life.
W, T: Target creature can't attack or block this turn.
1/2
"Every setback contains an opportunity, even if you have to bleed to get it out of there."

IIW: Night and Day
Nice. This is pretty good stuff as far as creating a subgame with your opponent. They can attack with as much as they want... at a price. Plus, you can stop their biggest threat to remove that price. One technical change: add some sort of gate to the tap ability (as simple as "you can't activate this ability during combat"), because otherwise you can activate it after your opponent declares attackers to break the intervening if clause and draw/lose 0 life if you don't want to. If that was intended, I would argue against that implementation.
3 years ago
The Wall of Ice
Creature — Wall (U)
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
Suprisingly, there was no greenery around The Wall.
0/13

IIW: Profession you hate the most as a card in Ravnica
bruh
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Counterproductive Punishment
Enchantment (R)
Exile target creature you don't control with 5 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last time counter is removed, return the creature under it's owner's control. It is now a White Zombie in addition to its other color and types and has" Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature is destroyed, return it to the battlefield under your control. It is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types."

IIW: Wordy Card (Would need 4 lines of text on the card)
You had me going for a second with the suspend.
This is an enchantment and missing a way for its ability to actually work.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Avatar of A Bunch Of Jackasses All Murdering Each Other Constantly 4BR
Creature — Avatar
At the beginning of combat on each player's turn, that player chooses a creature they control and a creature they don't control. Those creatures fight each other. Until end of turn, whenever a creature chosen this way dies, the other creature's controller creates a treasure token.
6/6

IIW: The Forge
I'll allow it. Silly name aside this is actually kind of fun for a chaotic multiplayer experience. I assume; I don't play multiplayer. Chaotic though, it is.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Jaire, the Kingmaker 2WW
Legendary Creature - Human Noble {R}
Vigilance
When Jaire, the Kingmaker enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
If another player would become the monarch, instead you choose an opponent. That player becomes the monarch. (You can choose the same player.)
2/4

IIW: The Frog
perfection (1)
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
A Play of Chairs
Phenomenon
When you encounter A Play of Chairs, target player becomes the monarch. Each other player creates a 1/1 black Assassin creature token with deathtouch.

IIW: Meg's IIW
Wow, a Planechase card huh.

... that's all I have to say on this one.
3 years ago
End in Vain
Sorcery (M)
The game ends in a draw.
There was a toil and tension, prayers and partings, sacrifices and sacriliges, but the end was just unassuming. And they all asked themselves, why did they lost so much on this task that ends in vain?

IIW: One submission too far.
Second card to make me laugh. Divine Intervention needs a revisit.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Venomed Blade 1BG
Artifact — Equipment (R)
When Venomed Blade enters the battlefield, attach it to target creature you control.
Equipped creature gets +3/+3.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by equipped creature dies, exile it.
2BG, unattach Venomed Blade: Put a creature exiled by Venomed Blade onto the battlefield tapped under your control. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other types.
Equip

IIW is still: The Forge
This may be the first reference I don't really get, aside from the zombie thing.
I like the etb attached, unattach as a cost thing. Fun package.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Dwarven Gutshot RR
Instant
Dwarven Gutshot deals 3 damage to target creature. If you control a Dwarf, draw a card.

Seems fine.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Stray Character 1U
Creature- Human (C)
When Stray Character dies, draw a card.
"Ah man, I kinda liked that guy."
1/3

IIW: One mana legends.
That's a lotta toughness.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Likeable Main Character 1W
Creature — Human (U)
If damage would be dealt to another creature you control, it's dealt to Likeable Main Character instead.
"I love that guy!" "Me too. He's doomed"
3/1

IIW: The Forge
What is this "forge"
I like this effect on an X/1.
3 years ago
Jackass Character
Creature - Human (R)
Indestuctible
Whenever damage is dealt to Jackass Character, each player sacrifices a creature.
"I'll bet that he will be the last one standing."
1/3

IIW: Daily use artifacts
I kind of want to bump this up to mythic somehow to avoid wrecking drafts. Not bad.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Romantic Tower Rendezvous 1G
Sorcery (U)
Put a +1/+1 counter on each of two target creatures you control.
Destroy up to one target creature with flying or reach. If you do, its controller investigates.

This is a very dense card. I like it. Not really printable as it's not good, but I appreciate what you did here.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Death in the End 2BB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures and then end the turn.
"and then everyone died. The end."

Can I cast this card on this judging process?
3 years ago
Combat Judgement
Sorcery (U)
Target player choses one creature they control. The next time the chosen creature attacks, it gets +1/+2 and double strike. During that player's next combat only the chosen creature may attack. When that creature leaves the battlefield before your next upkeep, its controller discards their hand.
"Stand tall and fight true, so my claim is undisputed. I cannot fathom what a disaster to me would be for you to fall."
-Queen Marchesa

IIW: New identity for blue-green (not +1/+1 counters and not draw+ramp)
I think this needs to force the creature to attack, otherwise you have to remember that you cast this card forever. Slight wording tweak.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Bestow Barony 1WB
Sorcery (M)
A person outside the game joins the game next in turn order. That player becomes the monarch. You can't attack that player this turn. (They choose a deck legal in the format to play, and follow the regular pre-game procedure. Then they become the monarch.)
"Long may you reign."

it is a children's card game.
this is silver bordered, right?

Winner: @Wallycaine
Next: Night and Day
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
melli playing the long game.

- says will judge
- does not judge
- forces meg to make up judgings
- people call it terrible
- melli still says "will judge" giving people hope that it will be better

the real game of thrones x mtg was meta all along
All the pros know that this is the move.
Like being runner up. Everybody's shooting for second place.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

maybe we should make a game "second place is judge" so you winning is all upside

Death in Estwald 2B
Enchantment - Saga (U)
I - Each player sacrifices a creature.
II - Each player investigates.
III - Each player votes for a creature. Destroy each creature with the most votes.

IIW: Judges

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Disclaimer, I know little about GOT. But it seems like most of us went for the same very shallow well. Deep flavor cuts would probably be lost on me, so I won't really judge from that angle.
Let me tell you, I was confused for a solid hour as to why mellifluoresce requested GoT if they knew so little about, before it occurred to me to actually look at who was actually posting.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
I think here you can cut away two of these abilities without losing the core function of the card. First, protection from dragons is simply not going to matter on a 2/2 that does not have flying. It's 100% flavor, but if you want to get a more relevant ability on there with a similar flavor angle I would consider protection from red. Second, the cost reduction for dragons is nice, but the card costs nine mana. When you're spending nine (or more, if it's a commander) mana on a card, how relevant is a cost reduction ability? I'd drop that one. it doesn't seem critical.
Your criticism is well thought out, and your points are valid, I agree the card is pretty wordy and clunky, but I'd like to point out that:
1-Plenty of Dragons have abilities that damage or otherwise target creature (Dragonlords Atarka and Silumgar quickly spring to mind.)
2-Every Rare that grants monarch also grants added benefits if you or an opponent are the monarch, so having monarch on a mythic rare without some sort of additional payoff other than monarch itself didn't feel right.
3-Cost reduction does matter when your hand is full of expensive Mythic dragons and Kaalia's not an option.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Mavren Fein, Light of Day 3W
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric (R)
Lifelink
At the beginning of each upkeep, if you lost life last turn, create a 1/1 white vampire creature token with lifelink.
Partner
3/4

Vona, dead of night 4B
Legendary Creature - Vampire Knight (R)
Menace, lifelink
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained life this turn, destroy up to one target creature, planeswalker, or enchantment you don't control with converted mana cost less than or equal to the life you gained this turn. If an enchantment is destroyed this way, you lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.
Partner
3/4

IIW: Attack triggers
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

3 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Let me tell you, I was confused for a solid hour as to why mellifluoresce requested GoT if they knew so little about, before it occurred to me to actually look at who was actually posting.
This is always the danger with subject-matter challenges.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Your criticism is well thought out, and your points are valid, I agree the card is pretty wordy and clunky, but I'd like to point out that:
1-Plenty of Dragons have abilities that damage or otherwise target creature (Dragonlords Atarka and Silumgar quickly spring to mind.)
2-Every Rare that grants monarch also grants added benefits if you or an opponent are the monarch, so having monarch on a mythic rare without some sort of additional payoff other than monarch itself didn't feel right.
3-Cost reduction does matter when your hand is full of expensive Mythic dragons and Kaalia's not an option.
I agree with you fully on #2, so we would want some effect. I still think that a 2 cost reduction on a nine drop (#3) has diminishing returns. After sleeping on this I have a suggestion: Go bigger. Way bigger. Have it put a dragon card from your hand onto the battlefield for free every turn that you're the Monarch. I think something like that would raise the splash/excitement level significantly without "breaking" the card. (no comment on #1)

I'll... think of an entry at some point.
MEG

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Terrial, The Halfman 1BW
Creature - Human Advisor
Whenever you are attacked by a creature, if Terrial is untapped, you draw a card and you lose one life.
W, T: Target creature can't attack or block this turn.
1/2
"Every setback contains an opportunity, even if you have to bleed to get it out of there."

IIW: Night and Day
Nice. This is pretty good stuff as far as creating a subgame with your opponent. They can attack with as much as they want... at a price. Plus, you can stop their biggest threat to remove that price. One technical change: add some sort of gate to the tap ability (as simple as "you can't activate this ability during combat"), because otherwise you can activate it after your opponent declares attackers to break the intervening if clause and draw/lose 0 life if you don't want to. If that was intended, I would argue against that implementation.
Oh yeah, that's a good point on the timing. I had that thought, and made sure it was something they wouldn't get any benefit out of mid combat, but didn't actually think to prohibit it which plays better. A simple "This ability can only be activated before attackers are declared" would probably do it nicely, or what you said (though not being able to activate it during the beginning of combat step might throw people off, and could potentially cause judging issues, but that's probably something that could get ironed out).

Thanks, and looking forward to judging!

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Normally when I bring up the World supertype, I change it so each player can have one. But for these, the design is that they're not permanent, so restriction that there can only ever be one in play should be fine, and fits the flavor (can't be both day and night at once).

Nightfall on Mirrodin B
World Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Nightfall on Mirrodin unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
X: Return target artifact creature with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. If you do, mill one.
"When all the suns fall, strange forces rise."

Nightfall on Innistrad 2BR
World Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Nightfall on Mirrodin unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
When Nightfall on Innistrad enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 black Vampire creature with lifelink and a 3/3 red Werewolf creature token with haste.
When Nightfall on Innistrad leaves the battlefield, sacrifice a Vampire token and Werewolf token. If you sacrifice a Vampire in this way, create a 1/1 black Bat creature token with flying. If you sacrifice a Werewolf in this way, create a 1/1 white human creature token.

Nightfall on Amonkhet 1B
World Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Nightfall on Amonkhet unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
When a non-Zombie creature dies, you lose 1 life and create a tapped 2/2 black zombie creature token.

Daybreak on Kaldheim WW
World Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Daybreak on Kaldheim unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
"Arise, for the warseason is upon us, and only by the battlesweat of warlike brows shall the great gods be satisfied."

Daybreak on Jund R
World Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Daybreak on Jund unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
Creatures you control have haste and "Sacrifice another creature: This creature gets +1/+0 and first strike until end of turn."

Eclipse Over Kamigawa U
Enchantment (R)
When Eclipse Over Kamigawa enters the battlefield, draw a card.
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Eclipse Over Kamigawa unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
The "Legend Rule" and the "World Rule" don't apply.

IIW: Your last used IIW. (Post it with any cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Circadian Cycle 1WB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, remove all Sun counters from Circadian Cycle. If no counters were removed this way, put a Sun counter on Circadian Cycle and draw a card. Otherwise, each opponent loses 3 life.
Cycling

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Knight of Night 1B
Creature - Human Knight (U)
As long as it's your turn, Knight of Night gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
2/1

Knight of Day 1W
Creature - Human Knight (U)
As long as it's not your turn, Knight of Day gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
2/1

IIW: Horses

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

being a retail employee on black friday weekend sucks! thanks meg.

Dawn to Dusk to Dawn
Sorcery (R)
Choose one or more —
● Return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
● Destroy target enchantment.
● Destroy all creatures with power 3 or greater.
● Return all creature cards with power 2 or less from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Game of Thrones x MTG
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Megiddo
MEG

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
maybe we should make a game "second place is judge" so you winning is all upside
You may be onto something here. There's some interesting theory that is applicable here, at least conceptually. Perhaps a variant game? When we are busy enough to have multiple simultaneous threads again, that would be a good one.

This actually leads me to think of a couple of other variants. More on that at the end of this post.

Anyway, meme entry incoming:

Reptile Receptacle 2
Artifact {U}
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a scale counter on Reptile Receptacle.
When Reptile Receptacle has more scale counters on it than the number of lands you control, sacrifice Reptile Receptacle.
When Reptile Receptacle leaves the battlefield, create a 1/1 red Lizard creature token for each scale counter on Reptile Receptacle.
"... like a child collecting lizards and piling them into her pot until the pot overflows with lizards"
—"Love Song of Night and Day"

IIW: A Cyclops, Sphinx, Elephant, or Satyr. PLUS an element of a HM's IIW, if there are any.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
IIW: Game of Thrones x MTG
OH COME ON :fuming: :P

(Just kidding, it's pretty hilarious though)

Toxic Butterfly
2bb
Creature - Insect (U)
Flying, deathtouch
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Toxic Butterfly.
2/3
>>>>>>>>>>
Luna Moth
Creature - Insect (Color Indicator w)
Flying, lifelink
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Luna Moth
3/4

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
This may be the first reference I don't really get, aside from the zombie thing.
at some point someone gets shanked with a spear; turns out it's poisoned. they die days later. eventually some shadowy folks bring them back as a zombie, and dress them in full plate, helmet included, so that nobody notices the new mysterious knight in armor is the old dead person now zombified. so that's fun.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
What is this "forge"
idk it's a/the forge. or things from a forge. or maybe some special forge. i gotta pick an IIW for these things and sometimes I got nothin, but i figure I'd at least pick something evocative and open to interpretation

Megiddo
MEG

I'm into it.

also, with that explanation I now realize exactly who and what that refers to. I just didn't know about the poisoned spear detail.

How have I absorbed so much information about a series I never watched/read??
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

now you know where the name "the viper" comes from too!
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
How have I absorbed so much information about a series I never watched/read??
i lived surrounded by several people who loved the series to bits

i watched like, three and a half seasons because i lived with several of them and wanted to do things with them, but got increasingly unwilling to actually keep doing that. that fight made me go "yep nope i'm gone bye"
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Like being runner up. Everybody's shooting for second place.
i just try my best and maybe i win and then i get to write a fun judging post. i'm not trying at all to aim for second best, i don't even know how i'd do that, everyone's judging varies so much

i used to try to give actual detailed power feedback but man i am increasingly unequipped for that as time goes on and giving silly reviews while maybe pointing out stand-out good and bad details is way more fun

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Daytime Accuser 2WB
Creature — Human Advisor Werewolf (R)
Whenever this creature enters the battlefield or transforms into Daytime Accuser, each player votes for a creature you don't control. Destroy each creature with the most votes or tied for the most votes.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Daytime Accuser.
3/3
//
Nighttime Stalker
Creature — Werewolf
Menace
Whenever Nighttime Stalker attacks, each other non-Human creature attacking that player or planeswalker gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Nighttime Stalker.
5/5

IIW: the forge

Sporegorger_Dragon

Sleep-Deprived Student
urw
Creature - Human
Whenever this creature transforms into Sleep-Deprived Student, investigate twice.
At the beginning of your end step, if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn, transform Sleep-Deprived Student.
1/3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Silkslinging Crimefighter
Creature - Human Spider Rogue (Color indicater urw)
Vigilance, reach
At the beginning of your end step, if no permanents you control left the battlefield since your last turn ended, transform Silkslinging Crimefighter.
5/4

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Regret 1WW
Enchantment (R)
All creatures get -1/-0 and lose all activated abilities.
"Remember when we were children, herding the sheep together, / leading them over the grassy hills with long sticks. Your silly songs / made me laugh, and in the evening, you'd enchant me with your stories, / lying on your back beside me."

Loneliness 1UU
Enchantment (R)
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card, then discard a card.
"At dawn and dusk he spies his love. Across the rolling hills of sky, / they glimpse each other--so briefly. They throw each other kisses, cry."

Sorrow 1BB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you don't control dies for the first time in a turn, each player sacrifices a creature.
"...the two became as One. Until / pulled from Day's arms, Night sank, commanded by the western horizon that always beckons him to come."

Longing 2RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, gain control of target creature with less power than it until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
"Love, like lightning hits suddenly. It sparks the heart with blows of light, / its fire extending, bends, expands, beats and breaks your hiding places."

Guilt 1GG
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
"Night spread over Jamuraa, wrapped Day in his dark cloak and held her."

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”