NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Clearly it's the ghost of a mutant :crossarms:

Thanks for the win!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

(All I'm asking with the challenge is the Skeleton type but BONUS: make em nonblack)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Hazoret's Hallowed 1RW
Creature — Skeleton Warrior (U)
First strike
Whenever you attack with three or more creatures with power 3 or less, you may pay 1RW. If you do, return Hazoret's Hallowed from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Death is not enough to quench the zeal of Hazoret's most devoted.
3/1

IIW: If Azorius likes detention so much, who's Ravnica's Breakfast Club?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

The living Tombstone 3GB
Art depicts a huge skeleton, made of many different skeletons, with a tombstone for a head.
Legendary Creature - Skeleton Golem (Mythic)
The living tombstone enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card in your graveyard.
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may pay G. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on The Living Tombstone.
b, remove a +1/+1 counter from The Living Tombstone: each opponent discards a card. Activate this ability only once each turn, and only any time you could cast a sorcery.
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight

0/0

IIW: Nintendo based bottom up set.
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

scarbo
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by scarbo » 3 years ago

Shored Cartilage 1uu
Creature - Merfolk Skeleton (U)
Flash
You may return an Island you control to its owner's hand and exile a Merfolk card from your graveyard rather than pay Shored Cartilage's mana cost.
Shored Cartilage enters the battlefield tapped.
2/2

IIW: fix a card in a cycle you hate

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Ironbone Raider 2RB
Creature - Skeleton Warrior (R)
Protection from Fairies and Spirits
When Ironbone Raider deals damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
Raid - RB: Return Ironbone Raider from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only if you attacked this turn.
"Lim- Dul's Forces attacked the denizens of Llorwyn out of nowhere, and with a resistance to their magics that was unheard of before"
3/2

IIW: White Card Advantage
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Piranha Attack 2U
Sorcery {U}
Exile target creature. Its controller creates a 2/1 black Skeleton creature token with "3: Tap this creature. It gains indestructible until end of turn."

IIW: LOVE
MEG

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Pick Up the Bones 3BB
Sorcery
Exile all creature and planeswalker cards from all graveyards. For each card exile in this way, create a 2/1 black Skeleton creature token with Fear and "B: Regenerate this creature."
"Bring back the regeneration step to the combat phase."

IIW: All that glitters.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Formic Infrastructure -- 3
Artifact Creature - Insect Skeleton
Tap three untapped Skeletons you control, Exile a card from your graveyard: Put Formic Infrastructure from your graveyard onto the battlefield.
3/1
An exoskeleton is still a skeleton, yar?
IIW: Good grooming!

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Jungle Boneyard 3GG
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile target green creature card with power 4 or more from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that is a copy of that creature, except it's a Skeleton in addition to its other types. It loses all its triggered and activated abilities.

IIW: a static ability, a triggered ability and an activated ability

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

That's a fair number of entries! I'm judging later tonight so I'm not swamped. Get your last minute ones in before midnightish Eastern please.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Skeleton Dance 2B
Sorcery (U)
Cycling 2B
Exile all Human creatures from all graveyards. For each creature exiled in this way, create a 1/1 Black Skeleton creature token with "1B: Regenerate this creature."
When you cycle Skeleton Dance, create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token with "1B: Regenerate this creature."

A variation on an idea from one of the following randoms: Wall of Frost, Goryo's Vengeance, Temur Runemark, or Overrun.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

Flesh-Lost Meditator WW
Creature--Skeleton Monk (Uncommon)
Whenever Flesh-Lost Meditator becomes tapped, you may discard a creature card. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Flesh-Lost Meditator
T, Pay 2 life: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn
Some monks vows of total asceticism, down to the bone, give them the spiritual strength to move beyond the world and dismiss the pain of reality
1/1

iiw $$$
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Cryptic Closet U
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a card name, then mill a card. If that card has the chosen name, create a 1/1 colourless Skeleton artifact creature token.
"Who would hide a corpse in their own wardrobe?"

IIW: a REALLY BIG punch
"Image"

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Okay that's quite enough. Judging now.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Hazoret's Hallowed 1RW
Creature — Skeleton Warrior (U)
First strike
Whenever you attack with three or more creatures with power 3 or less, you may pay 1RW. If you do, return Hazoret's Hallowed from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Death is not enough to quench the zeal of Hazoret's most devoted.
3/1

IIW: If Azorius likes detention so much, who's Ravnica's Breakfast Club?
The story takes place on the fictional distant planet of "Luminaire". The conflict of the plot revolves around the need to control the Lightstar Crystal, which powers the great city of Luminicity. Baron Dark, the show's main villain, tried to steal the crystal in order to gain control over its incredible power. He only succeeded in obtaining half of the crystal, with the other half being obtained by Prince Lightstar.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The mechanical execution here looks good - the gate for the return is achievable but tough, maybe TOO restricted - but the flavor, locating this specifically on Amonkhet and with Hazoret - is suspect. Aren't many small creatures more Oketra's thing?
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
The living Tombstone 3GB
Art depicts a huge skeleton, made of many different skeletons, with a tombstone for a head.
Legendary Creature - Skeleton Golem (Mythic)
The living tombstone enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card in your graveyard.
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may pay G. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on The Living Tombstone.
b, remove a +1/+1 counter from The Living Tombstone: each opponent discards a card. Activate this ability only once each turn, and only any time you could cast a sorcery.
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight

0/0

IIW: Nintendo based bottom up set.
On his radio and television quiz show You Bet Your Life, comedian Groucho Marx often asked contestants, "Who was buried in Grant's Tomb?" The riddle is based on the use of the word "buried." The correct answer is "no one," since Grant and his wife are entombed in sarcophagi above ground in an atrium rather than being buried in the ground.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
This is certainly fine. It seems like a completely boilerplate commander with effects from both its colors and the discard isn't much of a problem since it's once per turn and whatnot. I'd even call this a bit weak.
scarbo wrote:
3 years ago
Shored Cartilage 1uu
Creature - Merfolk Skeleton (U)
Flash
You may return an Island you control to its owner's hand and exile a Merfolk card from your graveyard rather than pay Shored Cartilage's mana cost.
Shored Cartilage enters the battlefield tapped.
2/2

IIW: fix a card in a cycle you hate
Chondrichthyes (/kɒnˈdrɪkθiiːz/; from Greek χονδρ- chondr- 'cartilage', ἰχθύς ichthys 'fish') is a class that contains the cartilaginous fishes: they are jawed vertebrates with paired fins, paired nares, scales, a heart with its chambers in series, and skeletons made of cartilage rather than bone.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Great execution of a blue Skeleton with about two bad points. One, this sort of implies that Merfolk are all, indeed, chondrichthyes, which is bizarre because way more of them seem based on bony fish than on sharks and rays. Two, flash plus ETBtapped is all but only useful as a backdoor to haste, which seems... not very blue.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Ironbone Raider 2RB
Creature - Skeleton Warrior (R)
Protection from Fairies and Spirits
When Ironbone Raider deals damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
Raid - RB: Return Ironbone Raider from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only if you attacked this turn.
"Lim- Dul's Forces attacked the denizens of Llorwyn out of nowhere, and with a resistance to their magics that was unheard of before"
3/2

IIW: White Card Advantage
"Cold iron" is historically believed to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and other malevolent supernatural creatures. This belief continued into later superstitions in a number of forms:

Nailing an iron horseshoe to a door was said to repel evil spirits or later, to bring good luck.
Surrounding a cemetery with an iron fence was thought to contain the souls of the dead.
Burying an iron knife under the entrance to one's home was alleged to keep witches from entering.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
You made a similar Skeleton for a different game days ago and the flavor was absolutely on point. All of the abilities do good work here even if I'm not sure how the hell Lim-Dûl the Necromancer, a nonplaneswalker who died centuries ago, is invading Lorwyn
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Piranha Attack 2U
Sorcery {U}
Exile target creature. Its controller creates a 2/1 black Skeleton creature token with "3: Tap this creature. It gains indestructible until end of turn."

The Great Work (Latin: Magnum opus) is an alchemical term for the process of working with the prima materia to create the philosopher's stone. It has been used to describe personal and spiritual transmutation in the Hermetic tradition, attached to laboratory processes and chemical color changes, used as a model for the individuation process, and as a device in art and literature.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
By FAR this is the best flavor of all the entries. Execution-wise it could use a couple of changes. First - as a three-mana sorcery this is inefficient both as soft removal and as a creature upgrade for yourself - UU and an instant is about where I'd put it. Secondly, I'm a little tetchy about blue polymorphs giving tokens that have abilities that blue can't get. Like I know there's not much blue-black keyword overlap, but I'd love to see a blue card turn something into a green token with hexproof or a red one with prowess or the Morphling p/t alterations - pseudoregenerate is beyond the pale.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Pick Up the Bones 3BB
Sorcery
Exile all creature and planeswalker cards from all graveyards. For each card exile in this way, create a 2/1 black Skeleton creature token with Fear and "B: Regenerate this creature."
"Bring back the regeneration step to the combat phase."

IIW: All that glitters.
In economics and industrial design, planned obsolescence (also called built-in obsolescence or premature obsolescence) is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so that it becomes obsolete (i.e., unfashionable, or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Fear, regenerate, and references to planeswalker cards on the same card is certainly dizzying, and fear and regenerate do not the best keyword combination make. I would say Necromancer's Covenant does this better.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Formic Infrastructure -- 3
Artifact Creature - Insect Skeleton
Tap three untapped Skeletons you control, Exile a card from your graveyard: Put Formic Infrastructure from your graveyard onto the battlefield.
3/1
An exoskeleton is still a skeleton, yar?
IIW: Good grooming!
An exoskeleton (from Greek έξω, éxō "outer" and σκελετός, skeletós "skeleton"[1]) is the external skeleton that supports and protects an animal's body, in contrast to the internal skeleton (endoskeleton) of, for example, a human.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Yes, yes it is. Flavor thinking is outside the box but I'm not sure I get why this has Skeleton tribal. If anything ARTIFICER tribal would be the way to go, since you can have trained people reassemble your exoskeleton robot.
3 years ago
Jungle Boneyard 3GG
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile target green creature card with power 4 or more from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that is a copy of that creature, except it's a Skeleton in addition to its other types. It loses all its triggered and activated abilities.

IIW: a static ability, a triggered ability and an activated ability
In the 1894 novel The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling uses the term to describe an actual set of legal codes used by wolves and other animals in the jungles of India. In Chapter Two of The Second Jungle Book (1895), Rudyard Kipling provides a poem, featuring the Law of the Jungle as known to the wolves, and as taught to their offspring.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
If I were doing green reanimation this would probably be how I'd do it, but as it stands this is at least a color pie bend. Static abilities only is really really really good development thinking though.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Skeleton Dance 2B
Sorcery (U)
Cycling 2B
Exile all Human creatures from all graveyards. For each creature exiled in this way, create a 1/1 Black Skeleton creature token with "1B: Regenerate this creature."
When you cycle Skeleton Dance, create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token with "1B: Regenerate this creature."

A variation on an idea from one of the following randoms: Wall of Frost, Goryo's Vengeance, Temur Runemark, or Overrun.
The Danse Macabre consists of the dead or a personification of death summoning representatives from all walks of life to dance along to the grave, typically with a pope, emperor, king, child, and laborer. It was produced as memento mori, to remind people of the fragility of their lives and how vain were the glories of earthly life.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
This is a lot like Krishnath's (earlier) entry, so you get fewer originality points, but more points on the execution. I like that you referenced a meme in a serious card.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
Flesh-Lost Meditator WW
Creature--Skeleton Monk (Uncommon)
Whenever Flesh-Lost Meditator becomes tapped, you may discard a creature card. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Flesh-Lost Meditator
T, Pay 2 life: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn
Some monks vows of total asceticism, down to the bone, give them the spiritual strength to move beyond the world and dismiss the pain of reality
1/1

iiw $$$
Simeon Stylites or Symeon the Stylite (Classical Syriac: ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܐܣܛܘܢܐ‎ šamʻun dasṯonáyá, Koine Greek Συμεών ὁ στυλίτης Symeón o Stylítis, Arabic: سمعان العمودي‎ Simʿān al-ʿAmūdī) (c. 390? – 2 September 459) was a Syriac ascetic saint who achieved notability for living 37 years on a small platform on top of a pillar near Aleppo (in modern Syria).
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I do like abilities that feed into each other but I have concerns that this is both too efficient and too nonwhite, and also has abilities pulling in two different directions - although tension is good sometimes.
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Cryptic Closet U
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a card name, then mill a card. If that card has the chosen name, create a 1/1 colourless Skeleton artifact creature token.
"Who would hide a corpse in their own wardrobe?"

IIW: a REALLY BIG punch
In 1961, scientist Dr. Paul Armstrong (Larry Blamire) and his wife Betty (Fay Masterson) drive into the mountains. Dr. Armstrong is searching for a meteorite that has fallen in the nearby woods, suspected to contain the rare element atmosphereum. Another scientist in the area, Dr. Roger Fleming (Brian Howe) questions Ranger Brad (Dan Conroy) about Cadavra Cave, a site rumored to contain a "Lost Skeleton".
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Love the reference to, well, a common saying, and this is a pretty blue card, but at the same time it's rather swingy; you could sometimes take over games depending on how often you're right when you guess a basic land name.
HMs: Megiddo, OneAndOnly, avatarz
Winner: @Ulka
Next: White card advantage

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

@void_nothing its always been my head cannon to what became of limdul. as what happened to his essence/spirit is unknown but I have loved the idea that he became a spirit planeswalker. It's a major jump in logic but I've always had the thought about what if like full ended up as the first undead/spirit planewalker. But yay thanks for the win.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

scarbo

Post by scarbo » 3 years ago

Migara the Often Sought ww
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flash
Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard one or more cards or sacrifice one or more permanents, you may draw two cards,
"Never waste a good crisis."
1/3

IIW: fix a card (you hate) from a cycle (you hate) (either)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Pontiff of Norn 3WW
Creature - Cleric (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card for each creature you control with 0 or less power.
X, T: Each player chooses a creature they control and puts X -1/-1 counters on it.
"Submission is as luminous as porcelain."
3/4

IIW: The Devils will beat anybody

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Medical Student 1w
Creature - Human
1w, T: You gain 1 life.
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained life this turn, draw a card.
1/1

IIW: green Plant creature token with 0 power.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Restore Glyphs 1W
Sorcery (C)
Buyback 3
Return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.

(recurring cards from your graveyard repeatedly is a type of card advantage, is it not?)

IIW: Clues, Food, or Treasure.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
The mechanical execution here looks good - the gate for the return is achievable but tough, maybe TOO restricted - but the flavor, locating this specifically on Amonkhet and with Hazoret - is suspect. Aren't many small creatures more Oketra's thing?
That would be more her thing, if she wasn't dead. Hazoret is the only one left, so I'd assume that this flavor would be within reason for a return to Amonkhet. I initially thought about two creatures with power 2 or less, but I liked that everything was a 3 too much.

Kruss, Hallowed Healer 2WW
Legendary Creature — Centaur Cleric (R)
Vigilance
At the beginning of each upkeep, if you lost 5 or more life last turn, you gain 3 life and draw a card.
3/3

IIW: What elf is on your shelf?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Tax of Progress
Instant (R)
Empty the stack unless target opponent let you draw two cards.
Draw a card.

IIW: Astounding alliteration, as much as you can contain.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Two Angels 3WW
Creature — Angel {U}
Flying
When Two Angels enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying.
3/3

MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Cartographer's Insight 2W
Enchantment
Flash
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player controls more lands than you, search your library for a number of Plains cards equal to the number of lands that entered the battlefield this turn. Put one onto the battlefield tapped and the rest into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.
2WW, Discard a land card: Return Cartographer's Insight to your hand, then put up to three Plains cards from your hand onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.

IIW: MLD that can only be used to end the game

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”