NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Stapler
is a liar
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

I'm SO CLOSE to having them all, just a few more rolls and ...

(the irony is i've never played a non-mudae gatcha game)

Min Ye, the Thorned Lotus 1BG
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (R)
Flash
When Min Ye enters the battlefield, another target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, create a Black Lotus token. (It's a colourless artifact token with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add three mana of any one colour.")
3/1

IIW: Celebrate!
"Image"

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

We made the top trending thread on the front page! Maybe the days of outsize influence aren't completely over yet.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Oh, and good LORD, welcome back cadp_! (And congratulations on coming out. Maybe us calling you Martha was prescient :teach:)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Hey guys, what's up, NinjaWailmer here with another WILDCARD CHALLENGE

Before I start, this video is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering: Eternal Legacy. Magic: The Gathering: Eternal Legacy is a tactical turn-based RPG set in the Magic: The Gathering universe featuring iconic artifacts with a modern aesthetic. Collect, train and upgrade your artifacts to become the ultimate artificer and leave your legacy. Download now and play for FREE on the App Store, Google Play or Epic Games Store.

Alright, onto the video. So as you can see, I've saved up nine Wildcards, which means I get to do nine draws from the booster and each one has triple chance to be rare or above. You can get a wildcard at the end of each chapter of the story, and one at the end of each battlepass, as well as a bonus every 8000 gems you buy in the shop. I've got a guide for each of those so check out the links in the description if you want to know more.

ANYWAY, let's get started. I'm so excited guys - I've never done this many wildcard pulls at once. I'm pretty sure since my last Wildcard Challenge didn't get any Mythics I'm guaranteed a Mythic this time. Ok, let's go.
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Worldsla-yandere
Legendary Artifact Creature - Waifu Assassin Berserker (R)
Whenever Worldsla-yandere deals combat damage to a player, destroy all other permanents.
"It's only me and you, planeswalker-senpai, no other cards allowed. I will make sure of that."
5/5

IIW: Ancient tomes
Ooh, just a rare. Now, look, I know a lot of you are gonna crucify me, but the yandere trope doesn't really do it for me, ya know? I mean her body's not bad but like I'd rather have someone who isn't totally crazy. She's very niche - the best main DPS in a Darksteel comp but there aren't enough of those cards yet. That said, Kaldra is coming next banner and she looks preeeetty busted. I'll make a video soon on her.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Dahae, Master Tinkerer 1UR
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer {R}
Gachascade 3 (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. If you don't, you may pay 3 to repeat this process. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)
You may have Dahae enter the battlefield as a copy of any artifact on the battlefield.
2/2

IIW: Subgames, minigames, or mind games.
Oh, WOW, I was hoping for Dahae. Probably one of the best Rares for the F2P players, super useful in every comp and really strong for Inkmoth farming. She's a lot like the uncommon Agents from the Alara Unbroken banner, but basically strictly better. I already have two copies but every spark point you get is still really good.
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Cynthia Lattice-Chan 6
Legendary Artifact Creature - Golem Maiden (M)
First strike
All spells, permanents, and cards are artifacts in addition to their other types and are all colors of clothes you're wearing.
At the beginning of your end step, if you put on a piece of clothing you haven't worn this game, put three charge or +1/+1 counters on target artifact.
Being ten feet tall and made of advanced organic metal is no excuse not to wear the latest fashions.
5/4

IIW: Mystery M:tG Theater 3000
WHOOOOO MYTHIC. Gotta love it man. Cynthia is definitely one of the best supports and she goes in basically every deck because she grants synergies and allows everyone else's synergy bonuses to apply to everyone else as well. It's really good if you have a bunch of good units with no synergies.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Lucky Clover [*][*][*][_][_]
All adventure Skills get +5 power ([*][*][*][*][*] unlock: and always have their bonus ability.)
Upgrade for 500 Mox Gems or 25 Lotus coins

Chaos Wand [*][*][*][*]
5 mana gems: use a random skill from your opponent's skill deck.

Forsaken Monument [*][*][*][*][*]
All colorless mana gems give you an additional 2 mana when cracked. Colorless skills get +3 power

IIW: The dark souls of MTG
Uh, whoa, ok, my game just crashed. Take it from me guys - if you want to run Chinese apps, don't buy an AMD graphics card. Everything from games to mobile emulators crashes my graphics driver. Not sure what I got in that pull. Onto the next one, I guess.
cadp_ wrote:
3 years ago
Chloe, Wayfarer's Guide
Artifact Creature - Druid (C)
, Sacrifice Chloe, : Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your end step, if three or more basic lands entered the battlefield under your control this turn, return Chloe from your graveyard to your hand.
2/2

IIW: Eldrazi Slivers.
Wait, a common? I thought that wasn't possible. Chat, do you know if that's possible? I'll read in a sec, maybe I'll send a support ticket. Ok, real talk, Chloe's not bad for a budget ramp deck, but I've been playing too much Standard PVP and ramp is BUSTED there, so I'm pretty tired of the archetype.
3 years ago
Miriette, the Vengeful Wish 1UR
Legendary Creature — Wizard Advisor (R)
Flying, haste
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay {3}. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever you cast or copy a noncreature spell, Miriette gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Non-mana rituals
Oh, nice, Miriette's pretty good. I'm pretty happy with this. Actually, fun fact for you guys, did you know Miriette's based off a card for the original Magic: The Gathering trading card game? Yeah, seriously, I'd never seen the card before but apparently there's one called Mirari but it's paper-only. I guess that explains that card Mirari's Wake which I did see when I played the game a while back. Apparently Miriette's kit is a pretty close approximation of the Mirari's abilities, that's pretty cool.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Darkstrix Devotee 1B
Creature — Human Wizard {R}
<Gacha—Five Stars>
Your deck can only contain one <Five Star> card named Darkstrix Devotee.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has seven or more cards in hand, Darkstrix Devotee deals 4 damage to that player.
2/2

Darkstrix Devotee 1B
Creature — Human Wizard {U}
<Gacha—One Star>
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has seven or more cards in hand, Darkstrix Devotee deals 1 damage to that player.
2/1

(Imagine this as a frame treatment — the stars are represented visually, and the reminder text only appears on the rare one. The idea is you can run the one star cards as normal, up to 4 per deck, while you can only put one of the five star. If you do that, you could run at most three one star cards to total 4. For simplicity... we only have five and one star for now.)

IIW: Cards using the Historic batching word.
Oh, a rare copy of Darkstrix. This is one of the evolving cards they started adding in the Eldrazi Returns expansion, where instead of duplicates giving spark points to upgrade your units, it upgrades the star rank. Almost all of them are super good at the top end and most are farmable so they're an F2P players dream. Honestly love this mechanic, although it's so different from the base mechanics I would never have expected them to add it.
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
Stapler, Gatcha Addict 1RR
Legendary Creature - Human GAMER (R)
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, add R for each legendary creature you control.
1: Exile the top card of your library.
T: You may cast a legendary creature with converted mana cost 6 or less that was exiled by Stapler this turn without paying its mana cost.
2/2

IIW: A disappointing signet is the card art
Oh, Stapler hahah. Honestly, I found the Isekai banner really funny and I relate to this guy a lot, especially the part where everyone calls him a simp, which I'm NOT a simp guys, come on, they're characters not real people. You can't simp for characters. Anyway, he's pretty good as a support, but the problem with him and all the Isekai units is the RNG makes them too unreliable to use for farming or PVP. You can use it to highroll Meditation Realm progression, but I can already full-clear it each month.
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Min Ye, the Thorned Lotus 1BG
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (R)
Flash
When Min Ye enters the battlefield, another target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, create a Black Lotus token. (It's a colourless artifact token with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add three mana of any one colour.")
3/1

IIW: Celebrate!
Last pull... Min Ye! Oh, that's some good %$#%. Min Ye is a crazy secondary DPS with her trigger proc. You can chain some pretty wild combos with her. You definitely need her if you want to compete in high-tier Guild combat, there's a lot of Myr decks which this counters hard. Also, her voice actress sounds really nice, if you know what I mean, hehe.

Anyway, that's all the pulls for today. We got some pretty good stuff! Really excited to see what happens next. If you enjoyed this video, please please LIKE and smash that subscribe button. I have a Patreon link in the description below, where all of the money from it goes directly into pulls and YOU get to choose what I pull. Check out my other sick video where I got INSANE luck from a $1000 pull, be sure to check that one out. PEACE!

winner: megiddo
hm: also megiddo
next: Cards using the Historic batching word.

but we are all winners today because we are part of CF.

cadp_
Proprietor of Acoustic Gaming
Pronoun: she / her

Post by cadp_ » 3 years ago

Ew. No.

Tall-Poppy Massacre
Sorcery (R)
Tall-Poppy Massacre costs less to cast for each other spell named Tall-Poppy Massacre you've cast this game.
Destroy all historic permanents. Then, if you've cast at least two spells named Tall-Poppy Massacre this game, each player reveals his or her hand and discards each historic card revealed this way. Then, if you've cast at least three spells named Tall-Poppy Massacre this game, exile all historic cards from all graveyards.
The great leveler of those who would stand out.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

I'm glad that challenge happened but

Man am I also glad it's over

NinjaCaterpie

i'm not glad it happened

i've learned my lesson (maybe)

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

idk about you guys but I had fun with it.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Border Keep Guildhall 4
Artifact (R)
T, Discard a historic card: Create a Gold token.
1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior or Wizard and reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
2, T: Draw two cards. Activate this ability only if you have a full party.

IIW: Japan has created a new gacha game where all the characters are enchantments from Magic's... just kidding.

IIW: "Whenever"

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Akasha, Propagandist 2WB
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flying
Whenever Akasha, Propagandist attacks, you may discard a historic card. When you do, return target historic permanent card that wasn't put in your graveyard this turn from your graveyard to the battlefield. You lose life equal to that permanent's converted mana cost. If it's a creature, it's tapped and attacking.
2/2

IIW: Rakdos meets Gruul, but not Jund
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Minister for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport WU
Creature - Human Advisor (U)
Historic spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control an artifact, a Saga, and a legendary permanent, draw a card.
1/2

IIW: WUBRG Omnath
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Tower of Miracles
Legendary Land (R)
Tower of Miracles enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
Whenever you cast a historic spell for the first time in a turn, untap Tower of Miracles.

IIW: A rare that you can draft around, and the common that makes the deck work.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Library of New Benalia 1W
Legendary Artifact (R)
Whenever you cast a historic spell, put a lore counter on Library of New Benalia. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
W, T, Remove a lore counter from Library of New Benalia: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control. It gains first strike until end of turn.
1W, T, Remove three lore counters from Library of New Benalia: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. They gain first strike until end of turn.
"We must learn from the past, so that we can achieve ever greater heights."

IIW: Squirrellink but for another kind of token

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Sorry my thing wasn't clear, I thought we were supposed to design actual gacha things, rather than magic cards with gacha mechanics.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

God and that was a remarkable rate of entries for this current challenge, the wonders never cease here

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Almast, Historical Revisionist 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
When you cast Almast, Historical Revisionist, you may exile target historic permanent. If you do, that permanent's owner exiles cards from the top of their library until they reveal a card that shares a type. That player may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then that player puts all cards exiled with Almast, Historical Revisionist on the bottom of their library in a random order.
Whenever a player casts a historic spell, you may pay 2U. If you do return Almast, Historical Revisionist to its owner's hand and draw a card.
1/4

IIW: White Card Advantage that could exist in standard.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

PanchoPonceN
Old School Flamingo

Post by PanchoPonceN » 3 years ago

Leagarf, Keeper of the Records 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Knight (R)
First strike
Historic spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast for each historic permanent on the battlefield.
"You think you deserve a place in history, but I'll make sure history itself judges that."
[2/2]

IIW: Make something almost broken.
Last edited by PanchoPonceN 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Uncover What Should Not Be 2BB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, target opponent discards a card if they have the most life or tied for most life.
Whenever you cast a historic spell or play a historic land, create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying and Uncover What Should Not Be deals 1 damage to you.
"Lord of the Wastes! You speak to us from age to age, whispering curses on the enemies of Evolution in their ashen veins." - Phyrexian Scriptures

IIW: Snow Sagas

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Belzenlok's Claim 4BBB
Legendary Enchantment
Whenever a historic permanent enters the battlefield, you may pay BB and tap two non-Demon creatures you control. If you do, gain control of it.
Not satisfied with the Cabal that summoned him, Belzenlok imposed his will on the history of Dominaria itself.

IIW: re-do a card banned in any format, not including the ante and physical dexterity cards in Vintage

Megiddo
MEG

will judge over lunch (american)

get your last minute entries in!
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Update: We are STILL top trending

Megiddo
MEG

Today's judging:
- Arbitrary metric that I will fixate on; will differ between cards.
cadp_ wrote:
3 years ago
Ew. No.

Tall-Poppy Massacre
Sorcery (R)
Tall-Poppy Massacre costs less to cast for each other spell named Tall-Poppy Massacre you've cast this game.
Destroy all historic permanents. Then, if you've cast at least two spells named Tall-Poppy Massacre this game, each player reveals his or her hand and discards each historic card revealed this way. Then, if you've cast at least three spells named Tall-Poppy Massacre this game, exile all historic cards from all graveyards.
The great leveler of those who would stand out.

Unlike Accumulated Knowledge where the number of previous cards cast is countable, or Approach of the Second Sun where it's a binary and you *really really care* about whether another one has been cast yet, this is a bit hard to track and a little less impactful. Each subsequent use of the card... kind of does less. Which I appreciate may be the point (tracking the abilities through the # of times cast you see the flow, and it works conceptually with the cost reduction), but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Border Keep Guildhall 4
Artifact (R)
T, Discard a historic card: Create a Gold token.
1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior or Wizard and reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
2, T: Draw two cards. Activate this ability only if you have a full party.

IIW: Japan has created a new gacha game where all the characters are enchantments from Magic's... just kidding.

IIW: "Whenever"
You almost had me........... I would have given you the win again.
This doesn't really hold for me; maybe I'm missing an element. It's like a Trading Post that doesn't have its act together (so, Everythingamajig).
Well, to clarify, I get basically everything except for the word "historic" here. This feels like maybe it wants to be something else and you forced "historic" onto it.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Akasha, Propagandist 2WB
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flying
Whenever Akasha, Propagandist attacks, you may discard a historic card. When you do, return target historic permanent card that wasn't put in your graveyard this turn from your graveyard to the battlefield. You lose life equal to that permanent's converted mana cost. If it's a creature, it's tapped and attacking.
2/2

IIW: Rakdos meets Gruul, but not Jund
This is an interesting one. We get to talk about reflexive triggers today.
This card originally did the following:
>Whenever Akasha, Propagandist attacks, you may discard a historic card. When you do, return target historic permanent card from your graveyard to the battlefield. You lose life equal to that permanent's converted mana cost. If it's a creature, it's tapped and attacking.
*I*, spoiling the pot, asked to confirm that this was a reflexive trigger, meaning that even though the ability uses "target" it can in fact recur the card you discard. Without that reflexive technology, you have to pick a target when the ability goes on the stack. (the difference is the word "when"; a normal trigger would use "if"). Let me compare how the flows work here:
<Reflexive>
1. We attack. Trigger goes on the stack; no targets.
2. Both players get a chance to activate spells or abilities.
3. Ability resolves. We choose to discard a card.
4. Second trigger goes on the stack. We can pick any card in the graveyard, including the one that we discarded.
5. Both players get a chance to activate spells or abilities.
6. Ability resolves. We get our card back.

<intervening if>
1. We attack. Trigger goes on the stack; we must choose a card currently in the graveyard. If there are none, *stop here*.
2. Both players get a chance to activate spells or abilities.
3. Ability resolves. We choose to discard a card. If we do discard the card, we get our card back.

So as you can see the flow is very different. Notably that if you don't have any legal targets in the graveyard you can't use the ability at all.

Now, we also have to talk about the addition of the tech from Storrev, Devkarin Lich. What that does here is make it so that if you attack with an empty graveyard you can still discard a card, but you can't return it.

I'm amused, because it brings it closer to the functionality of an intervening if, even if it still has major differences.

A suggestion -- rather than the Storrev tech, perhaps just "return another target[...]" which I think captures the functionality. I'm not sure there's a reason to disallow returning cards that were discarded through another method, for example.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Minister for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport WU
Creature - Human Advisor (U)
Historic spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control an artifact, a Saga, and a legendary permanent, draw a card.
1/2

IIW: WUBRG Omnath
I'm starting with you today since you didn't get a real eval last time around.
First, flavor fail. I did some research into this. We seem to have lost the digital somewhere along the line here, and I'm sure that secretary Dowden would object to his title being mangled here.
All that said, can this card deliver on the "minister of fun" remit that this implies?

My main comment here is that this might be better served as a legendary creature. I get why you wouldn't — counting itself might take some of the "fun" out of the challenge. "Just make it a Legendary artifact creature" I hear in the background. Yes, yes, at this point all we're doing is abusing intervening ifs for our own amusement.

Realistically, how many sagas are there? (ten) That's clearly our limiting factor. To that point, I actually don't mind getting a freebie on one of the types.

Coming back to reasons for, this is the kind of creature I like looking at for Legendary because it has abilities that you might not want to stack. Compare Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, which is limited by its legendary status. Not that cost reduction should necessarily be restricted, but especially given the second ability I like it that way.
Overall, it's got a mild enabler and a payoff that rewards good deck construction, so I give it a positive review.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Tower of Miracles
Legendary Land (R)
Tower of Miracles enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
Whenever you cast a historic spell for the first time in a turn, untap Tower of Miracles.

IIW: A rare that you can draft around, and the common that makes the deck work.
This feels underpowered to me. I like the concept; and limiting it to once a turn is critical when artifacts are part of the historic batch. But at most you get two mana a turn out of this that you have to spend on two different spells. And it ETB tapped, so you can't even do that until later.
There's some Pretty Cool Interactions you can have with this, like playing it t1 and then playing a black lotus to get the free mana on your first turn.
I'd like to try pushing this a bit more to see how it shakes out in testing.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Library of New Benalia 1W
Legendary Artifact (R)
Whenever you cast a historic spell, put a lore counter on Library of New Benalia. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
W, T, Remove a lore counter from Library of New Benalia: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control. It gains first strike until end of turn.
1W, T, Remove three lore counters from Library of New Benalia: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. They gain first strike until end of turn.
"We must learn from the past, so that we can achieve ever greater heights."

IIW: Squirrellink but for another kind of token
I judged in a nonstandard order today, so you ended up being last. We averted near disaster through clever use of the post preview button though, as I caught the lack of text after your quote box.
You are the only person to include the reminder text on the card. Not super relevant but I'm pointing it out anyway.
I like this card concept, though my first question is why a library wouldn't be blue.
I don't have a ton else to say. Rare is a good spot for this card, which would otherwise completely wreck combat steps in limited. Imagine this at uncommon, good lord.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Almast, Historical Revisionist 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
When you cast Almast, Historical Revisionist, you may exile target historic permanent. If you do, that permanent's owner exiles cards from the top of their library until they reveal a card that shares a type. That player may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then that player puts all cards exiled with Almast, Historical Revisionist on the bottom of their library in a random order.
Whenever a player casts a historic spell, you may pay 2U. If you do return Almast, Historical Revisionist to its owner's hand and draw a card.
1/4

IIW: White Card Advantage that could exist in standard.
Why is this a cast trigger?
I suppose you want to avoid triggering its second ability with the first...
I like the flavor, I just feel like this is maybe a few too many moving parts.
PanchoPonceN wrote:
3 years ago
Leagarf, Keeper of the Records W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Knight (R)
Historic spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast for each historic permanent on the battlefield.
"You think you deserve a place in history, but I'll make sure history itself judges that."
[2/2]

IIW: Make something almost broken.
Go read the melli judgment for a good chunk of my thoughts on this.
Otherwise, Damping Sphere-esque cost increase is pretty neat here. It's brutally asymmetrical as well, which might be too good on a one drop(!). I like the effect though.
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Uncover What Should Not Be 2BB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your end step, target opponent discards a card if they have the most life or tied for most life.
Whenever you cast a historic spell or play a historic land, create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token and Uncover What Should Not Be deals 1 damage to you.
"Lord of the Wastes! You speak to us from age to age, whispering curses on the enemies of Evolution in their ashen veins." - Phyrexian Scriptures

IIW: Snow Sagas
this feels like maybe I could do some research to uncover references here, but I won't.
I'm intrigued by the implication we could have Saga lands here, though I don't know that we ever would. Plenty of Legendary and Artifact lands to go around.
i might streamline this by having "each opponent with more life than you" discard. Incremental value is underappreciated these days, so I will appreciate this double to compensate.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Belzenlok's Claim 4BBB
Legendary Enchantment
Whenever a historic permanent enters the battlefield, you may pay BB and tap two non-Demon creatures you control. If you do, gain control of it.
Not satisfied with the Cabal that summoned him, Belzenlok imposed his will on the history of Dominaria itself.

IIW: re-do a card banned in any format, not including the ante and physical dexterity cards in Vintage
Saying the quiet part (everybody else's entries) out loud (making a Belzenlok card).
It's fun when people gravitate around a particular concept (historical revisionism) that's at best tangential to the challenge. SOmetimes you hit on things that strike a common thread, and that can be a springboard for more focused design.
I enjoy this card quite a lot. Fits the Belzenlok flavor perfectly (you're lucky I read the Magic Story for Dominaria). Cost fits the effect; large mana investment plus continued opportunity cost with mana and creatures left untapped. Gets the juices flowing; you can envision yourself owning people with this.

I suppose this ended up being more of an Italian lunch, but a snappier Milanese meal rather than the luxurious Terroni indulgences we normally think of.

Winner: lookingupanddown

Next: re-do a card banned in any format, not including the ante and physical dexterity cards in Vintage
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Saga lands would be over the top I agree. The clause was meant for artifact lands and legendary lands but, like, mostly legendary lands

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Oko, thief of crowns 2ug
Legendary Planeswalker - Oko
+2 - create a food token
0 - target creature or artifact an opponent controls becomes a 3/3 elk.
-7 - exchange control of target arifact or creature you control, and target creature an opponent controls with power 3 or less

Iiw: the dark souls of mtg

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Tolarian Chronosphere 1
Legendary Artifact (M)
Tolarian Chronosphere enters the battlefield tapped.
T, Exile seven cards from your hand: Put a reversal counter on Tolarian Chronosphere.
T, Remove a reversal counter from Tolarian Chronosphere and exile it: Choose one -
• Target player takes an extra turn after this one.
• Target player draws three cards.
• Target player adds U for each artifact you control.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I got carried away and did like five Legacy banned cards
IIW: The gacha waifus thing but with famous enchantments

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”