NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

lookingupanddown
Pronoun: he / him

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 weeks ago

Aboshan's Infiltrator 2UB
Creature - Cephalid Assassin
Aboshan's Infiltrator can't be blocked by creatures that share a color with it.
Discard a card: Aboshan's Infiltrator becomes the color of your choice until end of turn. Activate only once per turn.
: Destroy target creature that shares a color with Aboshan's Infiltrator.
3/3

IIW: damage redirection

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 weeks ago

@Ulka judge?

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 3 weeks ago

Camouflaged Stinger 2u
Creature—Cephalid Horror {R}
, t: Put a hunger counter on Camouflaged Stinger. Then, if it has 3 or more hunger counters on it, remove all hunger counters from it and destroy up to one target nontoken creature. If a creature was destroyed this way, exile that creature card from its owner's graveyard. Camouflaged Stinger gains its abilities.
3/3

IIW: Reconfigure
Last edited by Phyrexian Editor 3 weeks ago, edited 4 times in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 weeks ago

Judging after my doc appointment
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 weeks ago

Aboshan's Swellmage 2U
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (U)
Ward 1
XUU, T, Mill X cards: Put X stun counters on target creature without flying.
2/2

IIW: The Cabal
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 weeks ago

Umbralid Surgeon 1B
Creature — Cephalid Warlock (R)
When Umbralid Surgeon enters the battlefield, mill three cards.
, , Exile two creature cards from your graveyard: Choose flying, first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, or vigilance. If one of the exiled cards has the chosen ability, you may put an ability counter of that kind on target creature you control. If you don't, put a +1/+1 counter on that crature.
"Go to sleep now. We'll have you good as new in no time."
1/1

IIW: Catastrophe

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 weeks ago

Sorry y'all doc visit took it out of me. Turns out I don't have 1 infection but 2 lucky me. Anywho finally sorted %$#% out and got a nap. so on to the cephalopods I love so dearly and sorry this is going to be short and sweet.

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 weeks ago
Cephalopod Wrangler
7{U}
Creature - Cephalid Ranger (U)
When Cephalopod Wrangler enters the battlefield, create an 8/8 blue Octopus creature token.
1/1
Cephalids' disdain for their larger relatives doesn't preclude exploiting their great size.

Cephalid Poet
4{U}
Creature - Cephalid Bard (C)
Cephalid Poet costs {2} less to cast as long as you've drawn two or more cards this turn.
When Cephalid Poet enters the battlefield, create a 2/1 white and black Inkling creature token with flying.
1/2
"Oh sweet gonxanjalusk..."

IIW: Failed Eldrazi
Wrangler is neat. I like that spawns such a large token especially given its in blink colors. The poet is neat. I like the idea of this showing up on strixhaven.

chetoos wrote:
3 weeks ago
Inkerton, obscura detective 3ub
Legendary Creature - Cephalid Detective
Protection from crabs
Creature tokens you don't control get -1/-1
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player creates a 1/2 blue crab creature token.
"This gathering is unlawful. Disperse, or you will be dispersed."
2/4

Iiw: aquatic dragons
This feels like a commander special. I like that it pops out crabs like no one's business. Prefect for blasting Crab Rave while Playing. no notes.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 weeks ago
Aboshan's Infiltrator 2UB
Creature - Cephalid Assassin
Aboshan's Infiltrator can't be blocked by creatures that share a color with it.
Discard a card: Aboshan's Infiltrator becomes the color of your choice until end of turn. Activate only once per turn.
: Destroy target creature that shares a color with Aboshan's Infiltrator.
3/3

IIW: damage redirection
I like the more serious direction taken on this one. it really brings back good flavor from past sets and that nostalgia is big.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
3 weeks ago
Camouflaged Stinger 2u
Creature—Cephalid Horror {R}
, t: Put a hunger counter on Camouflaged Stinger. Then, if it has 3 or more hunger counters on it, remove all hunger counters from it and destroy up to one target nontoken creature. If a creature was destroyed this way, exile that creature card from its owner's graveyard. Camouflaged Stinger gains its abilities.
3/3

IIW: Reconfigure
Oh man. Truly a horrifying creature and fits what I often imagine cephalids becoming now a days. Very solid limited card.
void_nothing wrote:
3 weeks ago
Aboshan's Swellmage 2U
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (U)
Ward 1
XUU, T, Mill X cards: Put X stun counters on target creature without flying.
2/2

IIW: The Cabal
Ooo neat take on a callback card but with new mechanics. I quite like it.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 weeks ago
Umbralid Surgeon 1B
Creature — Cephalid Warlock (R)
When Umbralid Surgeon enters the battlefield, mill three cards.
, , Exile two creature cards from your graveyard: Choose flying, first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, or vigilance. If one of the exiled cards has the chosen ability, you may put an ability counter of that kind on target creature you control. If you don't, put a +1/+1 counter on that crature.
"Go to sleep now. We'll have you good as new in no time."
1/1

IIW: Catastrophe

Oh man this one is twisted and dark and would make geralf proud.

Winner: lookingupanddown

Next: damage redirection
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Undercover Enforcer 1W
Creature — Cat Shapeshifter Soldier (U)
Vigilance
Disguise 2RW (You may cast this card face down for as a 2/2 creature with ward . Turn it face up any time for its disguise cost.)
When Undercover Enforcer is turned face up, prevent all damage that would be dealt to it this turn. Whenever damage is prevented this way, Undercover Enforcer deals that much damage to up to one other target permanent.
2/2

IIW: Calamity

chetoos

Reflector Tortoise 2UR
Creature - Turtle (U)
If an instant or sorcery spell would deal damage to Reflector Tortoise, that damage is dealt to another creature chosen at random instead.
2/6

IIW: Aquatic Dragons

Phyrexian Editor

Sapcruor Dampening gw
Instant {U}
The next time a permanent you control would be dealt damage this turn, that damage is dealt to you and you draw half that many cards rounded up instead.
In the protective hedges that line the Conclave, every charred branch is an emblem of knowledge gained.

IIW: A cursed, sentient weapon

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 weeks ago

spacemonaut wrote:
3 weeks ago
Undercover Enforcer 1W
Creature — Cat Shapeshifter Soldier (U)
Vigilance
Disguise 2RW (You may cast this card face down for as a 2/2 creature with ward . Turn it face up any time for its disguise cost.)
When Undercover Enforcer is turned face up, prevent all damage that would be dealt to it this turn. Whenever damage is prevented this way, Undercover Enforcer deals that much damage to up to one other target permanent.
2/2

IIW: Calamity
The most straightforward of the entries, if redirection can be straightforward. This is going to lead to random blowouts in Limited, and maybe be a heavy player if Disguise makes it to a Constructed format.
chetoos wrote:
3 weeks ago
Reflector Tortoise 2UR
Creature - Turtle (U)
If an instant or sorcery spell would deal damage to Reflector Tortoise, that damage is dealt to another creature chosen at random instead.
2/6

Random deflection is always fun to see go off, unless it's the owner doing some very convoluted combo instead. Interesting to not have the Tortoise deal the redirected damage itself.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
3 weeks ago
Sapcruor Dampening gw
Instant {U}
The next time a permanent you control would be dealt damage this turn, that damage is dealt to you and you draw half that many cards rounded up instead.
In the protective hedges that line the Conclave, every charred branch is an emblem of knowledge gained.

IIW: A cursed, sentient weapon
This one is less redirection and more just filtering the card draw itself into cards. It's a Modern Horizons-level protection spell that I can appreciate.

Winner: spacemonaut for Undercover Enforcer
Next: Calamity

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

(the calamity can be personal, as long as it's a calamity to somebody.)

chetoos

Calamitous Jolene 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Scout Mercenary
Landfall - Whenever a land enters under your control, create a treasure token.
Whenever you cast an outlaw spell, if mana from a treasure was spent to cast it, Calamitous Jolene deals X damage to target creature, where X was the number of mana from treasures spent to cast that spell. If you have a full outlaw party, Calamitous Jane deals that much damage to the creature's controller as well.
3/3

Phyrexian Editor

Dam Underminer 2r
Creature - Goblin {U}
When Dam Underminer enters the battlefield, put a flood counter on target land and that land becomes an Island.
"Only thing I hate more than humans is beavers!"
2/2

IIW: A two-seat aircraft

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 2 weeks ago

@spacemonaut judge!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Post by spacemonaut » 2 weeks ago

Judge here!!

Calamatous Jolene — I love the flavor of finding treasure in lands, making it matter to use treasure to hire outlaws, and the novelty of "outlaw party". You picked a good character to adopt for this one and great mechanics to meld with her.

Dam Underminer — I think this is a great approach to red's land destruction and blood moon slice of the pie. It's funny that it turns it into the most disliked land for red to see, but chances are whatever you were flooding was worse than an island. I also like that you could potentially flood your own land and pull out a twist Flusterstorm, although that raises there might need to be an additional gate on it like only targeting your opponent's lands.

By sheer amount of personal and property damage the most calamatous card is Dam Underminer.

Next: A two-seat aircraft

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 weeks ago

Two-Seater Skywinder
3{U}
Creature - Serpent Mount (U)
Flying
Whenever Two-Seater Skywinder attacks while saddled, you may tap or untap target creature. Then if exactly two creatures saddled Two-Seater Skywinder, put a +1/+1 counter on it and draw a card.
Saddle 2
2/4
"Drake? Only room for one! Coatl have a long torso, good for seating two!"

IIW: Failed/Defective Eldrazi
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 2 weeks ago

Bombardier Skiff 3R
Artifact - Vehicle
Flying
Whenever Bombardier Skiff attacks, if it was crewed at least twice, it deals X damage to any target, where X is the greatest power among creatures that crewed Bombardier Skiff this turn.
Crew 3
4/2

Last edited by chetoos 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 weeks ago

You can also make any two-seat vehicle if that helps.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Tandem Bicycle 2
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Whenever another creature crews Tandem Bicycle, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Crew 2
Tandem Bicycle can be crewed only by two or more creatures.
1/1

IIW: Fitness

EsperCormorant
Pronoun: they / them

Post by EsperCormorant » 2 weeks ago

Goblin War Howdah
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Goblin War Howdah's toughness is equal to the greatest toughness among creatures that crewed it.
Goblin War Howdah's power is equal to the greatest power among creatures that crewed it.
Crew 2
—/—
"Aw, c'mon! When is it going to be my turn in the seat?"

Soku Kes, Symbol of Unity
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (R)
If a Pilot crews Soku Kes, it gains +3/+0 and vigilance until end of turn.
If an Artificer crews Soku Kes, it gains +0/+3 and first strike until end of turn.
Crew 3
4/3

IIW: Create a new batching mechanic (Outlaw, Party, Historic, etc)

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 weeks ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 weeks ago
Two-Seater Skywinder
3{U}
Creature - Serpent Mount (U)
Flying
Whenever Two-Seater Skywinder attacks while saddled, you may tap or untap target creature. Then if exactly two creatures saddled Two-Seater Skywinder, put a +1/+1 counter on it and draw a card.
Saddle 2
2/4
"Drake? Only room for one! Coatl have a long torso, good for seating two!"
It's an Azure Drake you can ride! Two good bonuses that make this a very desirable limited uncommon, though I would have made the first ability unable to untap the skywinder itself, since otherwise you're always untapping this to block with it, and that seems a little strong. I can hear the flavor text in my head, which I always love.
chetoos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Bombardier Skiff 3R
Artifact - Vehicle
Flying
Whenever Bombardier Skiff attacks, if it was crewed at least twice, it deals X damage to any target, where X is the greatest power among creatures that crewed Bombardier Skiff this turn.
Crew 3
4/2
No rarity, but I'm assuming this is a rare. The flavor is spot on. The crew cost is high, so paying it twice is a real trick. It's an elegant sort of kicker variant that I could absolutely see them printing. I think the right place for this might be a higher mana cost but a lower crew #, since the ability itself scales with the power of the creature (i.e., crewing it with two 2/2s only gets you 2 damage), but it's hard to tell in a vacuum.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tandem Bicycle 2
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Whenever another creature crews Tandem Bicycle, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Crew 2
Tandem Bicycle can be crewed only by two or more creatures.
1/1
I'm not clear on whether this gets two counters every time it's crewed, or just one. I think two is probably what you intended. It's a cute idea, and this quaint little bicycle becomes an extremely powerful war machine quickly.
EsperCormorant wrote:
2 weeks ago
Goblin War Howdah
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Goblin War Howdah's toughness is equal to the greatest toughness among creatures that crewed it.
Goblin War Howdah's power is equal to the greatest power among creatures that crewed it.
Crew 2
—/—
"Aw, c'mon! When is it going to be my turn in the seat?"
It's a fun idea, but if you have a big creature, why are you crewing this instead of just attacking with your big creature? I know you might want to crew it with both a 1/7 and a 7/1, but that's so tricky to pull off that I think "Crew X, gets +X/+X" is the way to go here. That simplifies the card and lets your creatures all work together to pump this, and if you still want to crew it with a big, beefy guy, you can. Please keep using this IIW because I want to see it win.

Winner: chetoos
Next: Aquatic Dragons

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm not clear on whether this gets two counters every time it's crewed, or just one. I think two is probably what you intended. It's a cute idea, and this quaint little bicycle becomes an extremely powerful war machine quickly.
Whoops, the counters are meant to go on the crewing creatures. That line should've been written like this!

Whenever another creature crews Tandem Bicycle, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.

The bicycle's not getting stronger, the creatures are. :P

Anyway, on with dragons!

EsperCormorant
Pronoun: they / them

Post by EsperCormorant » 2 weeks ago

From Planar Chaos: Ravnica:
Miv-Nimic, the Primordial
Legendary Creature - Dragon Leviathan (MR)
Trample
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
: Draw a card.
5/5

From Seas of Kaladesh:
Ilraj, the Hullhoarder
Legendary Creature - Dragon Pirate (R)
Whenever a vehicle is put in a graveyard from the battlefield, you gain 2 life and create two treasure tokens.
While you control five or more treasure tokens, Ilraj gets +3/+0 and can't be blocked.
4/4

And a signpost uncommon from North to Mapleroost:
Lodgebuilder Guivre
Creature - Beaver Dragon (U)
When Lodgebuilder Guivre enters the battlefield, create a 0/3 green Wall artifact creature token with defender and ": Add ."
: Target creature can't block this turn. Spend only mana produced by nonland sources to activate this ability.
5/6
There's nothing a Guivre loves more than a lake. Especially an artificial lake, the result of its dams.

IIW: Create a new batching mechanic (Party, Outlaw, Historic, etc).
Last edited by EsperCormorant 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 weeks ago

Trench Dragon 4UU
Creature - Dragon Serpent
2: Trench Dragon phases out.
Whenever Trench Dragon attacks, surveil 3, then reveal the top card of your library. Return up to one target nonland permanent that shares a permanent type with the revealed card to its owner's hand, then draw a card.
5/6

IIW: white creature with devoid

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”