NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Nezumi Shadowsneak 1BB
Creature - Rat Ninja Rogue (Rare)
Ninjutsu - 1B
Whenever Nezumi Shadowsneak deals combat damage to a player, look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures in your party. Put one of those cards in your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order, then you lose 1 life.
"My skills are perfect for your little gang... if you can pay my fee."
2/2

Next: Mix a couple of different named mechanics from as far back as Amonkhet (EG a card with embalm and undergrowth, or card with surveil and escape.)

Incredium

Post by Incredium » 3 years ago

Fizwhisker, Rodent Gourmet bg
Legendary Creature - Rat

Whenever a rat you control deals combat damage to a player, create a food token.

1: Sacrifice a food, put a +1/+1 counter or -1/-1 counter on target creature.

Whenever you sacrifice a food, create a 1/1 black rat creature token.

Compliments to the chef.

1/1

IIW: Alternate win conditions

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Chittering from Everywhere XBBB
Sorcery (M)
Create X 1/1 black Rat creature tokens, then, for each opponent, create an additional X of those tokens unless that player pays X life.
BBB, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature token you control. Activate this ability only if Chittering from Everywhere is in your graveyard.

IIW: Paruns
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Remy Ratatouille GU
Legendary Creature - Rat Cook
You may choose not to untap Remy Ratatouille during your untap step.
t: Gain control of target creature with power 2 or less for as long as Remy Ratatouille remains tapped. That creature gains "t: Create a Food token."
1/1

Edit: Whoops. I made this before I saw Incredium's post. Oh well. Have another rat chef.

IIW: This is who you call when you need a _____.

Incredium

TacticalCelebrant wrote:
3 years ago

Edit: Whoops. I made this before I saw Incredium's post. Oh well. Have another rat chef.
NEXT WEEK ON CHOPPED...

ITS THE KITCHEN BATTLE OF THE CENTURY FOUGHT WITH THE WORLDS SMALLEST CONTENDERS

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Unexpected Spoiling b
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature card in a graveyard becomes the target of a spell or ability, that spell or ability's controller loses 4 life.
"Rats - rats!"

IIW: Landfall

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Nezumi Traitor
Creature - Rat Rogue (U)
First Strike
At the beginning of your upkeep sacrifice a creature unless you exile two creature cards from your graveyard.
"Give her food or she will rat you out."
4/4

IIW: Plans that span across centuries.

chetoos

@Flatline Judge!

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 3 years ago

I didn't forget. I'll have my judgments in within the next 3ish hrs.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

Rat Burglar b
Creature- Rat {U}
Rat Burglar can't block.
When Rat Burglar enters the battlefield, look at the top card of each player's library.
, sacrifice Rat Burglar: Each player mills one. Each player that has been dealt damage by Rat Burglar this turn discards a card.
1/1

IIW: Activated abilities with a mana cost of 1 (can have other non mana costs)

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Things I Say
Show
Hide
Ulka - Wow! This card is super duper OP. A 2/1 for 1 with no downside is good, but a 2/1 for 1 that can be cast from your graveyard all on its own is nuts. Now add in the triggered ability and it's just bonkers. I suppose the trigger being mandatory could be seen as a potential downside, but just barely.

kwanyeegor-ii - This card is pretty decent, although it doesn't really strike me as all that exciting. The discard ability is easily the most exciting part of the card, IMO. Unfortunately it might be a bit feel bad, but I suppose that's ok for a rare.

Megiddo - What the heck does this have to do with rats? I was hoping someone might interpret the challenge in a "Rats! Foiled again!" kinda way, but this card doesn't strike me as such an interpretation. Anyway, I hope you do something cool for the CF anniversary.

chetoos - Ninja party! Woot! Woot! This is another ninja in the same vein as Ingenious Infiltrator or Ninja of the Deep Hours, but rare. I think it would make more sense if it was UB, despite the lose 1 life downside. Also, having a ninja with party seems a bit off to me for some reason. I suppose I just have a bit of a hard time seeing a ninja being part of a party that includes such a wide variety of non-ninja disciplines.

Incredium - Love the name Fizwhisker. This card seems too strong to me, and that's without even knowing the rarity (please, always include rarity). I think it might be too strong even it just read, "Whenever a Rat you control deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token," and this card can do even more than that! Also, mixing +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters in the same format is frowned upon by Wizards, putting them both on one card would be reserved for something like a Commander release, if even that.

void_nothing - Man this is a crazy card. It's a bit hard to wrap your head around at first, but once you do, it's kinda hard not to like it. I worry a bit about the graveyard ability, but heavy commitment to black makes me think it's probably fine.

TacticalCelebrant - Another rat chef, eh? This one seems more plausible power-level-wise, assuming it was at least a rare (please always include rarity). Gaining control of a Dark Confidant that can gain you life seems like it might be fun, assuming you're not playing a deck full of five drops of course.

NinjaCaterpie - Ah, here's the card that's taking the alternate meaning of the challenge I was hoping for. Bonus points for being a man after my own heart. That said, I'm not sure the bonus points will be enough. This card is super-niche. Also, black hating on your own chance for potential recursion seems odd to me.

Lorn Asbord Schutta - That's a fat rat! She musta grown up on the streets of NYC. I like her. The first strike might be a bit much, but it should be rather difficult to get this card out early in a limited environment, so it might be alright as is. Maybe first strike only when attacking might be better?

haywire - I noticed this card as I went to post my crits. I'm not sure why this needs the "can't block" drawback. The power-level seems totally fine without it, possibly even low for an UC. I like the activated ability on this though. If it were up to me, I think I would drop the "can't block" and add "...and loses 1 life" to the very end of the card.
Winner: void_nothing
Next: Paruns
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

chetoos

Will of the Paruns wubrg
Legendary Enchantment (Mythic)
Each multicolored spell you cast cost 1 less to cast for each of its colors.
Each multicolored creature you control gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.
Whenever you cast your first multicolored spell each turn, you may draw a card for each of that spell's colors.
From 10 voices, one will is formed.

IIW: Mix a couple of different named mechanics from as far back as Amonkhet (EG a card with embalm and undergrowth, or card with surveil and escape.)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Thanks for the win! Hopefully I can judge tomorrow.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Incredium

Mat'Selesnya, Returned 4wwgg
Legendary Creature - Elder Elemental

Defender, Convoke

When Mat'Selesnya, Returned enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white soldier creature token with lifelink for each creature that convoked it.

1wg: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.

"She dwells within the worldsoul no longer. Soon, the light of life will shine throughout all of Ravnica." - Trostani

8/8

IIW: Alternate Win Conditions
Last edited by Incredium 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Debts of the Obzedat WWBB
Legendary Enchantment {R}
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Whenever an opponent plays a land, if that player controls more lands than you, create a Treasure token.

IIW: click back a few pages and make a card for a recent challenge you like. don't tell me what the challenge was.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

...Yeah, I think I may give it another day.

NinjaCaterpie

Azor the Exiled WWUU
Legendary Creature - Sphinx (M)
Flying, defender
Spells that target creatures you control cost 3 more to cast.
Whenever Azor the Exiled blocks a creature, that creature's controller can't cast spells during your next turn.
6/6

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Razia, Parun Reborn 2rw
Legendary Creature — Angel (M)
Flying, lifelink, haste
Whenever you attack with three or more creatures, you may return Razia from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking. If you do, shuffle it into the top six cards of your library at end of turn or if it would leave the battlefield.
3/4

IIW: A musician or musical instrument
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
MCC
Show
Hide
CCL
Show
Hide

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

Cizarcim, Lord of Chaos 3RRGG
Legendary Creature — Cyclops Berserker (M)
Trample
Bloodthirst X (This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the damage dealt to your opponents this turn.)
1RG: Cizarcim fights target creature an opponent controls. Excess damage is dealt to that creature's controller instead.
There is one among the Gruul who never lost to a challenger.
6/6

Next: Wedge-colored Elder Dragons

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Surmac Simic, Parun 2gu
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard (R)
t: Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn, where X is Surmac's power. For each 1 damage prevented this way, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, untap Surmac.
The original purpose of the Simic Combine was to preserve the health of all Ravnican life-forms. They were devoted to the study of life, medicines, and biomancy.
-MTG Wiki

2/2

IIW: This is who you call when you need a _____.
Last edited by TacticalCelebrant 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

chetoos - I appreciate all of the bonuses here that reward the difficulty of paying 5c costs, but this might be a little too much in WUBRG Goodstuff commander decks. Two of these bonuses would have been good already but all three might be beyond the pale.

Incredium - Oh hell yeah, Mother Selesnya! This is probably the ultimate convoke card, which the Selesnya parun hopefully would be. I feel like the Soldier tokens is flavorfully wrong but I'm sure mechanically you wanted to include the lifelink so, fair's fair. That repeated Might of the Masses ability is probably way overpowered but I love it, and hey, it's an eight-mana legendary with defender, she needs all the help she can get offensively.

Megiddo - Oh fun, an abstract/indirect representation of a parun! And this is really fitting for the Ghost Council. Flavorfully it's kinda perfect. Mechanically... the reverse extort is kind of amusing (I'm not sure if it's too oppressive) and the Treasure generation is absolutely great. The only thing this card is truly missing is the "This can be your commander" line lmao.

NinjaCaterpie - This is a purely reactive and defensive card but it's not gonna win you friends at the Commander table. That blocking triggered ability had me worried until I read it correctly. Technically a "fair" card that might be too stonewally with the tax-hexproof AND the huge flying durdly body AND the City of Solitude ability as pure gravy.

Flatline - I was ready to call this even more broken than Arclight Phoenix until I read the latter part of the return clause. "Shuffle it into the top six" is such an odd way to word that ability although it's easily understandable. Sort of disappointed that Razia's stats are so low, relatively speaking.

Subject16 - I LOVE Cisarzim and it is my solemn duty to inform you that his name is spelled like that. That fightrample ability is absolutely amazing and the only thing spoiling this card for me is the fact that it's not as special as it could be since foolishly enough bloodthirst X was already used on a nonlegendary.

Tactical Celebrant - Based on ALL the precedent that there has been, I am certain that that activated ability is white, and that the combination of green and blue can't justify it. Neither of those colors really prevents damage except in specific narrow ways. (Also, "Parun" isn't a title for the first time a character gets a card, it's for the third time when you're out of ideas.)

HMs: Megiddo, Subject16
Winner: @Incredium
Next: Alternate win conditions

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Kitten Caboodle 2GW
Enchantment (rare)
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 white Cat creature token with Lifelink.
At the beginning of your upkeep if you control ten or more Cats, you win the game.

IIW: Oozes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

NinjaCaterpie

Roil Manipulator 1GU
Artifact (M)
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a charge counter on Roil Manipulator.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, remove all charge counters from Roil Manipulator and add that much mana of any one color. If you removed ten or more counters from it this way, you win the game.

chetoos

Godzilla, Monster Supreme 3RG
(Zilortha, Reigning King)
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur (rare, buy a box)
Mutate 4RG
Trample
Whenever this creature mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. If this is the 4th time this ability has resolved this game, you win the game.
6/6

IIW: Mix a couple of different named mechanics from as far back as Amonkhet (EG a card with embalm and undergrowth, or card with surveil and escape.)
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Elvish Dominator G
Creature — Elf Druid {R}
T: Add G.
5GGGG: If you control five or more Elves, you win the game.
"Let's just get this over with."
1/1

IIW: LOVE
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”