NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 week ago

Smuggled Mox
Artifact
When you cast Smuggled mox, each opponent draws a card unless you've committed a crime this turn.
: add 1 mana of any color.
Plot 0

Lightsaber in the droid 1W
Sorcery
Put an equipment card from your hand onto the battlefield. If this card was cast from exile, when you do, attach that equipment to target creature you control.
Plot 2WW

IIW: Boats or seahorses.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 week ago

Jabba the Hutt, Crimelord
3{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Alien Advisor (M)
Other outlaws you control get +1/+1 and have menace and "When this creature deals combat to a player, it connives."
Whenever you cast an outlaw spell or one or more outlaws you control deal combat damage to a player, create two 1/1 red Mercenary creature tokens with "{T}: Target creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn. Activate only as a sorcery."
3/8

Devastating Reveal
2{B}{B}
Instant (U)
Surveil 2. You draw two cards. You lose 2 life unless you discard a card.
Plot {B}{B}
The entire trajectory of his life was shaped by the lies of allies.

Omi, Gifted Dianoga
3{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Alien Octopus (U)
Delve
Skulk
{T}: Exile another target creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. If you own that creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/5

IIW: Cephalopod
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 week ago

Kelleran Beq 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Jedi
Double strike
Mentor (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking creature with lesser power.)
At the beginning of your end step, if a creature with power 2 or less entered the battlefield under your control this turn, choose one —
• Draw a card.
• Put a +1/+1 counter on Kelleran Beq.
3/4

Wide Parry 2WW
Instant
Prevent all damage dealt by a source of your choice. If damage from a creature or planeswalker is prevented this way, Wide Parry deals that much damage to it. Otherwise, Wide Parry deals that much damage to the source's controller. If 3 or less damage is dealt this way, Wide Parry becomes plotted.
Plot 1WW

IIW: damage redirection

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 1 week ago

Break With the Past 2wb
Sorcery {R}
Choose one—
  • Exile target creature.
  • You may exile two target creatures with different controllers. If you do, destroy all creatures, then return the exiled creatures to the battlefield under their owners' control.
"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."

IIW: A spacecraft
Last edited by Phyrexian Editor 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Perfidious Plot
{U}{B}
Instant (U)
Target creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn. Then choose any number-
-Switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
-Suspect it.
-Goad it.
Plot 1{U}{B}

Play it by Ear
1{U}{U}
Instant (C)
Choose one-
-Counter target spell.
-Surveil 1. Draw a card, then discard a card.
Plot {U}

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 week ago

Master's Lightsaber 1W
Artifact — Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance.
Whenever equipped creature dies, attach Master's Lightsaber to up to one other target creature you control that shares a creature type with the equipped creature.
Equip

IIW: Catastrophe
Last edited by spacemonaut 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

The book of Boba Fett 2BB
Enchantment - Saga
1: Create a 2/2 black Mandalorian Mercenary creature token.
2: Outlaw spells you cast this turn, cost less to cast.
3: Search your library, graveyard, and cards you own outside the game for a card, and put it into your hand. If you have a full outlaw party (party, but outlaw types instead, you can figure this out.), you may instead cast that card without paying its mana cost. Shuffle if you searched your library this way.

IIW: same as above

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 week ago

Judgment has begun
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ulka

chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
The issuing of order 66 4wb
Enchantment - saga
| - create 2 2/2 white clone soldier creature tokens
|| - destroy a number of target creatures less than or equal to the number of clone creatures you control
||| - exile this saga and return it to the battlefield transformed
//
Darth Vader, Imperial Lord
Legendary Creature - cyborg sith
Vigilance
Ward
2wb, : destroy target creature
6/6

Iiw: boats or seahorses
I never would have thought of Vader as WB. He always has been BR in my mind as he is hella impulsive and emotional and selfish in his own way. But I do agree that he does follow the empires order once it is set up so idk. Otherwise I love the card.
chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
Smuggled Mox
Artifact
When you cast Smuggled mox, each opponent draws a card unless you've committed a crime this turn.
: add 1 mana of any color.
Plot 0

Lightsaber in the droid 1W
Sorcery
Put an equipment card from your hand onto the battlefield. If this card was cast from exile, when you do, attach that equipment to target creature you control.
Plot 2WW

IIW: Boats or seahorses.
I like the mox a lot. It fits with the smuggler themes that star wars thrives on. The plot with equipment is super cool as its a great way to show power shift in combat in limited.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 week ago
Jabba the Hutt, Crimelord
3{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Alien Advisor (M)
Other outlaws you control get +1/+1 and have menace and "When this creature deals combat to a player, it connives."
Whenever you cast an outlaw spell or one or more outlaws you control deal combat damage to a player, create two 1/1 red Mercenary creature tokens with "{T}: Target creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn. Activate only as a sorcery."
3/8

Devastating Reveal
2{B}{B}
Instant (U)
Surveil 2. You draw two cards. You lose 2 life unless you discard a card.
Plot {B}{B}
The entire trajectory of his life was shaped by the lies of allies.

Omi, Gifted Dianoga
3{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Alien Octopus (U)
Delve
Skulk
{T}: Exile another target creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. If you own that creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/5

I love me some Jabba and honestly I would build the crap out of this Jabba for EDH especially given I am actively building Outlaws in grixis. I love the reveal. Avery solid limited draw spell and honestly I could see playing it in a standard format. Awww Omi is showing up too! I like this representation of our famous trash squid.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 week ago
Kelleran Beq 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Jedi
Double strike
Mentor (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking creature with lesser power.)
At the beginning of your end step, if a creature with power 2 or less entered the battlefield under your control this turn, choose one —
• Draw a card.
• Put a +1/+1 counter on Kelleran Beq.
3/4

Wide Parry 2WW
Instant
Prevent all damage dealt by a source of your choice. If damage from a creature or planeswalker is prevented this way, Wide Parry deals that much damage to it. Otherwise, Wide Parry deals that much damage to the source's controller. If 3 or less damage is dealt this way, Wide Parry becomes plotted.
Plot 1WW

IIW: damage redirection
I love the showing of Kelleran being the Youngling teacher. A very solid choice of Jedi to create here. I like the wide parry. I wish we got more redirection in white now a days as good redirection actually is really fun.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
1 week ago
Break With the Past 2wb
Sorcery {R}
Choose one—
  • Exile target creature.
  • You may exile two target creatures with different controllers. If you do, destroy all creatures, then return the exiled creatures to the battlefield under their owners' control.
"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."

IIW: A spacecraft
Oh man This is versatile. I like the flavor even if I dislike the movie.
1 week ago
Perfidious Plot
{U}{B}
Instant (U)
Target creature gets -3/-0 until end of turn. Then choose any number-
-Switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
-Suspect it.
-Goad it.
Plot 1{U}{B}

Play it by Ear
1{U}{U}
Instant (C)
Choose one-
-Counter target spell.
-Surveil 1. Draw a card, then discard a card.
Plot {U}

Man the first plot card is super sweet. The second one doesn't work as plotted cards can only be cast as sorcery speed.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 week ago
Master's Lightsaber 1W
Artifact — Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance.
Whenever equipped creature dies, attach Master's Lightsaber to up to one other target creature you control that shares a creature type with the equipped creature.
Equip

finally a lightsaber. I like the flavor from the Qui gon to Obiwan transfer during the first movie even thought it occurs more than we like in star wars.
chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
The book of Boba Fett 2BB
Enchantment - Saga
1: Create a 2/2 black Mandalorian Mercenary creature token.
2: Outlaw spells you cast this turn, cost less to cast.
3: Search your library, graveyard, and cards you own outside the game for a card, and put it into your hand. If you have a full outlaw party (party, but outlaw types instead, you can figure this out.), you may instead cast that card without paying its mana cost. Shuffle if you searched your library this way.

IIW: same as above
My final prompt to judge. This is a sweet saga and honestly shows what I like about the show, the fact its basically a continuation of the western that is the Mandalorian.

Winner: Sporegorger_Dragon for Jabba
HM: Cheetos for Smuggled Mox and lookingupanddown for Kelleran

NEXT: Cephalopod

Ulka

Sorry my work day needed priority

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
The second one doesn't work as plotted cards can only be cast as sorcery speed.
Hence why it has a 2nd mode that can be used at sorcery speed, and why the plot cost is so cheap.

chetoos

Prescient Octopus 2uU
Creature - Octopus
Whenever you scry, if you scried all the cards to the top, put a number of +1/+1 counters on this equal to the number of cards scried.
When Prescient octopus attacks, tap target creature defending player controls with power less than Prescient Octopus's power. If Prescient Octopus has 5 or more power, scry 1.
2/4

IIW: Dinosaur or Castles

Ulka

1 week ago
Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
The second one doesn't work as plotted cards can only be cast as sorcery speed.
Hence why it has a 2nd mode that can be used at sorcery speed, and why the plot cost is so cheap.

AHHHHH makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was intended that way or not thus i judged that way but I do like it with the intent behind it especially for cube design or more higher level play but man that would be confusing in actual paper print for new players.

Still overall sweet card now that I know it is intended

Ulka

Yes Cephalids are Cephalopods

Devotee to the Old One 2UB
Creature - Cephalid Cleric (U)
Skulk
When Devotee to the Old One enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals card in thier hand equal to your devotion to Black. Choose a card among those reveals. That player discards that card.
When you plot Devotee to the Old One, target opponent discards a card at random.
Plot 2BB
1/3

Keeper of the Lost Secrets 1UU
Creature - Cephalid Wizard
Delve
If Keeper of the lost Secrets is cast from anywhere but your hand it costs 4 more.
When Keeper of the Lost Secrets enters the battlefield, surveil 2 then draw two cards.
Spell mastery - If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, you may cast Keeper of the Lost Secrets from your graveyard.
2/2

IIW: Cephalids

chetoos

@Sporegorger_Dragon judge!

Sporegorger_Dragon

Hmmm, was hoping for a bit more.

At any rate, going to work right now, so judging will commence when I get back today.

EDIT: The last few posts are exclusively by people with a Pokemon avatar. Well, bird of a feather...

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 week ago

Blooming Octolid 1GU
Creature — Fungus Cephalid (U)
When Blooming Octolid enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
As you scry, you may reveal an instant or sorcery card from among the scried cards. Whenever you do this for the first time each turn, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token and put a +1/+1 counter on Blooming Octolid.
1/1

Sporegorger_Dragon

"emerges from seafood display at fish market, shivering and dripping with fish slime

W-well then, on to it!
chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
Prescient Octopus 2uU
Creature - Octopus
Whenever you scry, if you scried all the cards to the top, put a number of +1/+1 counters on this equal to the number of cards scried.
When Prescient octopus attacks, tap target creature defending player controls with power less than Prescient Octopus's power. If Prescient Octopus has 5 or more power, scry 1.
2/4

IIW: Dinosaur or Castles
Interesting little gimmick! Perhaps "on the top" would parse better than "to the top", it could go both ways.

This is a bit of a powerful critter for just monoblue, I feel an extra pip, like 1{U}{U}{U} would be better or even better this would be great in Simic colors, augmenting the scry-matters from the LOTR set.
Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
Yes Cephalids are Cephalopods

Devotee to the Old One 2UB
Creature - Cephalid Cleric (U)
Skulk
When Devotee to the Old One enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals card in thier hand equal to your devotion to Black. Choose a card among those reveals. That player discards that card.
When you plot Devotee to the Old One, target opponent discards a card at random.
Plot 2BB
1/3

Keeper of the Lost Secrets 1UU
Creature - Cephalid Wizard
Delve
If Keeper of the lost Secrets is cast from anywhere but your hand it costs 4 more.
When Keeper of the Lost Secrets enters the battlefield, surveil 2 then draw two cards.
Spell mastery - If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, you may cast Keeper of the Lost Secrets from your graveyard.
2/2

IIW: Cephalids
While choosing my prompt, I considered briefly whether to specify non-Cephalid cephalopod, but ultimately rejected it as being too narrow.

Devotee is a quirky design, but feels mostly monoblack. I feel the plot plus plot trigger allows for a pretty devastating play, might need playtesting.

Keeper seems waaay to strong; the floor is a 3-drop that basically outclasses every 3 MV draw spell out there. And that before we even factor in the delve and the "escape" ability.

Of the two, I like the Devotee more.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 week ago
Blooming Octolid 1GU
Creature — Fungus Cephalid (U)
When Blooming Octolid enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
As you scry, you may reveal an instant or sorcery card from among the scried cards. Whenever you do this for the first time each turn, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token and put a +1/+1 counter on Blooming Octolid.
1/1

We're going for a scry archetype this round together with chetoos's entry!

This is obvious pandering! Ahem, anyway, seems quite strong, might be better off as a rare (unless the set is Modern Horizons).

Well, we got a varied set of tentacled pals in this, but I think I'll give the win to chetoos this round.

Winner: chetoos
HM: Ulka for Devotee to the Old One

Next:
Dinosaur or Castles

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 6 days ago

Maw of the Herbivore 1GG
Kindred Sorcery - Dinosaur (U)
Choose One:
• Destroy target Plant or nonbasic Land.
• If a creature you control died this turn, Target creature you control with toughness greater than thier power deals damage equal to its toughness to target creature you don't control.
"A mouth meant for vegetation still has a taste for vengeance when needed"

Citadel of the Kings 2WW
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has indestructible
When Citadel of the Kings enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
Whenever fortified land becomes fortified or tapped, if no creatures you control have a shield counter on them, put a shield counter on target creature you control.
Fortify 3

IIW: Cephalids because its me

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 5 days ago

Militia Palisade 3
Artifact—Fortification Wall {R}
Fortify 2 (2: Attach this Fortification to target land you control. Activate only as a sorcery.)
Creatures that share a color with a color fortified land could produce get +1/+1.
Defender
Crew 1 (Tap any number of other untapped creatures you control with total power 1 or greater: Detach this permanent. It becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
3/3

IIW: A scapegoat (in whatever sense you want)

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 5 days ago

judging tonight, get your dinosaur castles in today!

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 4 days ago

Well, I tried to be generic enough to allow lots of ideas, but didn't end upgetting many entries. Oh well.
Ulka wrote:
6 days ago
Maw of the Herbivore 1GG
Kindred Sorcery - Dinosaur (U)
Choose One:
• Destroy target Plant or nonbasic Land.
• If a creature you control died this turn, Target creature you control with toughness greater than thier power deals damage equal to its toughness to target creature you don't control.
"A mouth meant for vegetation still has a taste for vengeance when needed"

Citadel of the Kings 2WW
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has indestructible
When Citadel of the Kings enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
Whenever fortified land becomes fortified or tapped, if no creatures you control have a shield counter on them, put a shield counter on target creature you control.
Fortify 3

IIW: Cephalids because its me
1gg is very cheap for land destruction, but I guess it's less likely to hit in limited. I'm just not sure why the second option has a restriction on it.
3 thagomizers out of 5

Both of you went with fortifications for your castle. Shield counters is a good way to do this, and I like the castle giving you the monarchy.
4 Tower archers out of 5.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
5 days ago
Militia Palisade 3
Artifact—Fortification Wall {R}
Fortify 2 (2: Attach this Fortification to target land you control. Activate only as a sorcery.)
Creatures that share a color with a color fortified land could produce get +1/+1.
Defender
Crew 1 (Tap any number of other untapped creatures you control with total power 1 or greater: Detach this permanent. It becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
3/3

IIW: A scapegoat (in whatever sense you want)
This is just confusing. I get what you're going for, but it's all over the place, and in order to upgrade a blocker, you need to lose the bonus. Refine, please
3 parapets out of 5

Winner: @Ulka for Citadel of Kings
Next: Cephalids, because it's Ulka.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 days ago

I figured i'd let people know how I tend to flavor my cephalids so that maybe it will spark inspiration. I tend to think of Cephalids as Mindflayers from DnD and tend to flavor them as cultists to great old ones. Using Skulk, Devotion, Flashback, Threshold, Looting, Mill, and now Plot to create interesting future sight like game play.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 days ago

Cephalopod Wrangler
7{U}
Creature - Cephalid Ranger (U)
When Cephalopod Wrangler enters the battlefield, create an 8/8 blue Octopus creature token.
1/1
Cephalids' disdain for their larger relatives doesn't preclude exploiting their great size.

Cephalid Poet
4{U}
Creature - Cephalid Bard (C)
Cephalid Poet costs {2} less to cast as long as you've drawn two or more cards this turn.
When Cephalid Poet enters the battlefield, create a 2/1 white and black Inkling creature token with flying.
1/2
"Oh sweet gonxanjalusk..."

IIW: Failed Eldrazi

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 3 days ago

Inkerton, obscura detective 3ub
Legendary Creature - Cephalid Detective
Protection from crabs
Creature tokens you don't control get -1/-1
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player creates a 1/2 blue crab creature token.
"This gathering is unlawful. Disperse, or you will be dispersed."
2/4

Iiw: aquatic dragons

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”