Ghired, Conclave Exile - Triple Dipping Naya Lards

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 2 weeks ago

I'm slotting in Trailblazer, new Ghired, Annie Joins Up, and the Extortionist to try out. Haven't played Ghired at all in a while, but will put it into the cycle of recently edited decks to try.

Tags:

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 2 weeks ago

Here's my current list: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/lBNXw0EkvEOVsb8rdGmthg
Had a close game with it last night vs Mothman, Loot, and some mono-white voltron enchantments commander--he scooped the turn he swung at Mothman for lethal, because he had a family issue. Would have been challenging dealing with him.

I kept a hand with too many lands, Shadow in the Warp, and something else, figuring I'd get Ghired down early and find more stuff as the game went on, but I got very mana flooded. Later, I stole and copied a Sphinx of the Second Sun from Loot with Firbolg Flutist, which helped get me some cards. I had been having a rough time before that with a Mothman I couldn't block and didn't have removal for, and no safe attacks for Ghired. Eventually managed to get some draw, build up a little, and was able to swing out at Mothman, then survived at 1 life with 1 more blocker than Loot could swing with, which was good, because I had to double block a big trampler.

However...I had 1 Rad counter still...flipped a nonland and died with Loot within striking distance. Didn't see any of the newly added cards.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 1 week ago

Got some games in with some of the cards I've added.
Skyhunter Strike Force was solid as a cheap Overrun. Note: since it gives melee to the creatures, so Harmonic Prodigy will double the trigger on any attacking shamans or wizards (Ghired, mostly).
Outcaster Trailblazer was great! I drew it on a turn where it didn't make sense to plot it, but casting it for 3, then refunding a mana immediately meant I got to make some additional plays.
New Ghired was stupid. Played it after combat, then was able to tap itself, Wood Elves, and Prodigy to make 3 more rhinos, which drew me 3 more cards. On the following turn, I cast Sundering Growth on an opponent's end step, which got me a rhino, then I tapped most of my creatures to make more rhinos and draw a bunch more cards.

All that ended up not mattering vs Koma and Haktos. Haks played a few things to ensure he could get attacks past my appropriately CMC blockers and had me at 14 commander. I made some efforts to prevent him from killing me on the last turn. All the draw got me a Flawless Maneuver to save my board from his Blasphemous Act, but Koma sacrificed his tokens to tap my stuff so Hakdos could swing freely at me.

My next turn I had Annie Joins up, Aurelia (already in play--got fogged on my previous turn), and Parallel Lives.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”