NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 2 weeks ago

Hercules Kabuto 2G
Image: a Hercules beetle that is also a helmet crawling around on the ground.
Artifact Creature - Insect Equipment
Reach, trample
Equipped creature gets +1/+3, and has reach and trample.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Hercules Kabuto or equipped creature this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Hercules Kabuto.
Equipped Creature gets +1/+1 for each counter on Hercules Kabuto
Reconfigure 1G
2/4

IIW: Pick a moment you like from a book/show/movie, and make a card of it.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 weeks ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 weeks ago
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tragedy of Girigiri BBBB
Enchantment - Saga
I — Create a 1/1 white Human creature token.
II — Each player sacrifices a Human they control. Each player who can't loses 4 life.
III — Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
//
Girigiri's Vengeance
Enchantment Creature - Demon Spirit
ifelink
Whenever a creature blocks Girigiri's Vengeance, put X -1/-1 counters on it, where X is half the blocking creature's toughness, rounded up.
Whenever Girigiri's Vengeance deals combat damage to a player, that player loses half their life, rounded up.
5/5

IIW: a new land subtype
I don't think this refers to a preexisting Magic character, but I get a sense of the story, which is important for a Saga. Japanese theater is full of murder-suicide tragedies anyhow.
The goal was to splice all those murder-suicide tragedies to the modern teke-teke urban legend, to follow the old-meets-new theming modern Kamigawa has in some cards.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 weeks ago

Alternate prompt:
signpost for Limited, in a supplementary set, but does NOT involve a set's gimmick (eg no DFCs matter, etc)
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 weeks ago

Planechase draft? Could that be a thing?

Ascendant Sea Troll 1GU
Creature - Troll (U)
Flying, vigilance
As long as it's your turn and you've cast an enchantment, instant, or sorcery spell this turn, prevent all damage that would be dealt to Ascendant Sea Troll.
"My cousins think they can master the wind, and ya can't get more foolish than that." - Kakra
3/3

IIW: Snow instants/sorceries
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 weeks ago

Bioforge Beetle 1GU
Creature - Insect Mutant (Uncommon)
: Add GU. Spend this mana only to activate abilities.
4: Scry 1.
Many new mages keep a handful of beetles on themselves, while they still begin to build their mana reserves.
0/3

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 weeks ago

*emerges from under rock, looking much the worst for wear*

All right, let's get started!
chetoos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hercules Kabuto 2G
Image: a Hercules beetle that is also a helmet crawling around on the ground.
Artifact Creature - Insect Equipment
Reach, trample
Equipped creature gets +1/+3, and has reach and trample.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Hercules Kabuto or equipped creature this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Hercules Kabuto.
Equipped Creature gets +1/+1 for each counter on Hercules Kabuto
Reconfigure 1G
2/4

IIW: Pick a moment you like from a book/show/movie, and make a card of it.
This breaks the pattern of the reconfigure creatures always granting a boost equal to their P/T, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. Seems good, but not overly so. I've dabbled a bit with having green dip into the Sengir Vampire ability, almost as a form of pseudo-evasion.

And of course, this would be pretty popular in Kamigawa. Beetle, robots, what's not to love?
void_nothing wrote:
2 weeks ago
Planechase draft? Could that be a thing?

Ascendant Sea Troll 1GU
Creature - Troll (U)
Flying, vigilance
As long as it's your turn and you've cast an enchantment, instant, or sorcery spell this turn, prevent all damage that would be dealt to Ascendant Sea Troll.
"My cousins think they can master the wind, and ya can't get more foolish than that." - Kakra
3/3

IIW: Snow instants/sorceries
If Commander can get drafted, then anything can! And I see we're reaching waaay back into Homelands.

Interesting choice of Limited strategy, the instant/sorceries-matter from the blue side and the enchantments-matter from the green side. The choice to make it only on your turn encourages aggression, and I almost missed the fact this thing has flying too. Seems great!

From a flavor point of view, I think there is a lot of area to explore in wind being flavored as blue-green. Interesting direction.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 weeks ago
Bioforge Beetle 1GU
Creature - Insect Mutant (Uncommon)
: Add GU. Spend this mana only to activate abilities.
4: Scry 1.
Many new mages keep a handful of beetles on themselves, while they still begin to build their mana reserves.
0/3

This took me a bit off-guard. Very open ended. Can fit into a wide variety of strategies, the first that came to my mind was adapt. I like that it can be slipped into a variety of archetypes. And the ability seems very in-line with blue-green.

This is the sort of signpost feels underpowered at first glance, but I feel would be potent in actual play, especially when paired with an untapper. And it can can spend that mana on its own ability in case there are no payoffs.

HM: void_nothing, for throwing a sea-troll into a waterspout
Winner: lookingupanddown

Next:
A new land subtype

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 2 weeks ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 weeks ago
And of course, this would be pretty popular in Kamigawa. Beetle, robots, what's not to love?
Maybe, but I think you'd have to throw some vehicles in there, to really capture their imaginations. A spirit wearing the helmet, some kind of Kami Rider.

Kami Rider 2rw
Creature - Insect Spirit Pilot
As long as Kami Rider is modified, it gets +2/+2 and has vigilance
Whenever Kami Rider crews a vehicle for the first time in a turn, you may remove a +1/+1 counter from Kami Rider. If you do, untap it.
Whenever a vehicle crewed by Kami Rider this turn deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on Kami Rider
3/3
Last edited by chetoos 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 weeks ago

Magic needs more overly long henshin sequences
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 1 week ago

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
Land - Base
: add .
: add 1 mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast mutant spells, or to activate the ability of mutant permanents.

Luke Cage Buys Avenger's Mansion 1g
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, choose an opponent to create a treasure token.
Search your library for a basic land card or a base card. Put that card onto the battlefield under your control, tapped, then shuffle.

IIW: Choose a moment from a book/show/movie you like, and make a card from it.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 week ago

Vibrant Hamlet
Land - Settlement (U)
When Vibrant Settlement enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, create a 0/1 black Serf creature token and a 1/1 white and green Citizen Token.
T: Add 1.
1, T: Add one mana of any color.

Idyllic Farm
Land - Settlement (U)
When Idyllic Village enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, create a 1/1 white Halfling creature token and a food token. (It's an artifact with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")
T: Add W.

Bogside Town
Land - Settlement (U)
When Bogside Town enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, until end of turn, target Swamp you control gains "T: Add BBB."
T: Add B.

Pillage and Ruin 2R
Sorcery (U)
Destroy target nonbasic land. If it was a settlement, create two treasure tokens and its owner creates a 1/1 red Survivor creature token.

Settled Wilds 1W
Sorcery
Until end of turn, any Plains you play gains "When this land enters the battlefield yo may tap it. If you do, create a 1/1 white Citizen token." and is a settlement in addition to its other types.
You may play an additional Plains this turn.

IIW: Settlements or Settlements matter
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 week ago

alternate prompt: cover an existing land in snow

chetoos

Gavony in Winter
Snow Land
: add
GWS, : put a snow counter on target creature you control, then put a +1/+1 counter on each snow creature you control. (Or whatever mechanic was used to make creatures snow from coldsnap)

chetoos

@lookingupanddown judge

lookingupanddown

chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
Land - Base
: add .
: add 1 mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast mutant spells, or to activate the ability of mutant permanents.

Luke Cage Buys Avenger's Mansion 1g
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, choose an opponent to create a treasure token.
Search your library for a basic land card or a base card. Put that card onto the battlefield under your control, tapped, then shuffle.

IIW: Choose a moment from a book/show/movie you like, and make a card from it.
This one feels like it'll happen in any faction set. The Marvel flavor is straightforward and makes sense with the card.
Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
Vibrant Hamlet
Land - Settlement (U)
When Vibrant Settlement enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, create a 0/1 black Serf creature token and a 1/1 white and green Citizen Token.
T: Add 1.
1, T: Add one mana of any color.

Idyllic Farm
Land - Settlement (U)
When Idyllic Village enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, create a 1/1 white Halfling creature token and a food token. (It's an artifact with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")
T: Add W.

Bogside Town
Land - Settlement (U)
When Bogside Town enters the battlefield, you may tap it. If you do, until end of turn, target Swamp you control gains "T: Add BBB."
T: Add B.

Pillage and Ruin 2R
Sorcery (U)
Destroy target nonbasic land. If it was a settlement, create two treasure tokens and its owner creates a 1/1 red Survivor creature token.

Settled Wilds 1W
Sorcery
Until end of turn, any Plains you play gains "When this land enters the battlefield yo may tap it. If you do, create a 1/1 white Citizen token." and is a settlement in addition to its other types.
You may play an additional Plains this turn.

IIW: Settlements or Settlements matter
As a concept Settlements could work, but most of these options feel a bit overpowered. The knobs to move are there though, so a good amount of playtesting can fix things.
chetoos wrote:
1 week ago
Gavony in Winter
Snow Land
: add
GWS, : put a snow counter on target creature you control, then put a +1/+1 counter on each snow creature you control. (Or whatever mechanic was used to make creatures snow from coldsnap)
Gavony Township but snow, Usually the snow-matters archetypes involve blue, but here it slides well into a go-wide strat that's never been done with snow before. Let's see if I can fix the templating a bit...
Templating adjustment
Show
Hide
Gavony in Winter
Snow Land
: Add C.
GWS, : Put a snow counter on target creature you control. Put a +1/+1 counter on each snow creature you control.
Creatures with snow counters on them are snow.
Winner: chetoos

Next: Choose a moment from a book/show/movie you like, and make a card from it.

chetoos

Judging on Wednesday, AKA my birthday

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 week ago

Suppertime!
2{B}{B}
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. If {G} was spent to cast this spell, you gain 3 life and you put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
"FEED ME!"

Machinations Unveiled
2{U}{B}
Sorcery (U)
Reveal the top four cards of your library. Each opponent chooses a card. Then you choose one-
-Put the chosen cards into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
-Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand.
"Hello Zepp."

IIW: What the Rakdos cult is up to now that their parun is on holiday.

Ulka

One with the Force WU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature or planeswalker
When the creature or planeswalker dies, exile it. Then create a token that's a copy of the creature or planeswalker, except the token is 1/1 white spirit creature in addition to thier other types.

IIW: Star Wars Cards

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 week ago

oh hey, we're just a week apart! happy birthday!

Amos Burton, Mercenary Mechanic 2WB
Legendary Creature — Human Mercenary
When Amos Burton enters the battlefield, return up to one target tapped creature to its owner's hand.
At the beginning of your end step, if a creature or artifact was put into a graveyard from anywhere this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Amos Burton.
Partner
"You're not that guy."
2/2

Got Your Back 1WW
Instant
Choose two target attacking or blocking creatures you control. Each deals damage equal to its power to up to one target creature blocking or blocked by the other.

IIW: The following creature types almost exclusively show up on tokens. Make a card that has one of these types.
Balloon, Camarid, Caribou, Fractal, Germ, Graveborn, Hamster, Inkling, Mite, Orb, Pentavite, Pest, Pincher, Prism, Reflection, Sand, Saproling, Sculpture, Servo, Splinter, Tetravite, Thopter, Triskelavite

lookingupanddown

Wanted Handbill 2
Artifact - Clue (Uncommon)
When Wanted Handbill enters the battlefield, put a bounty country on target creature you don't control.
When a creature with a bounty counter on it dies, you may sacrifice Wanted Handbill. If you do, create a Treasure token.
2, Sacrifice Wanted Handbill: Draw a card.
"Roy, I mean this could be big, mate!"
—Floyd

With Extreme Prejudice 1BR
Instant (Uncommon)
With Extreme Prejudice deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the amount of damage dealt to you this turn. If that permanent would leave the battlefield this turn, exile it instead.
"Billy Crash! Now where were we? Oh, that's right! Last I seen you, you had your hands on my—"
—Django

Rare version of With Extreme Prejudice
Show
Hide
With Extreme Prejudice XRRR
Sorcery (Rare)
Damage can't be prevented this turn. With Extreme Prejudice deals damage equal to the amount of life you lost this turn distributed among X targets. If excess damage is dealt to one or more targets this way, destroy target nonbasic land. If a permanent would leave the battlefield this turn, exile it instead.
"DJANGO! You uppity son of a—!"
—Stephen
IIW: bounty counters

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 week ago

lookingupanddown wrote:
1 week ago
Show
Hide
Sorcery (Rare)
Damage can't be prevented this turn. With Extreme Prejudice deals damage equal to the amount of life you lost this turn distributed among X targets. If excess damage is dealt to one or more targets this way, destroy target nonbasic land. If a permanent would leave the battlefield this turn, exile it instead.
—Stephen
With Extremer Prejudice

Ulka

Fall down a Shaft 1B
Instant (U)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, tap an untapped creature you control.
Destroy target creature. If that creature was a Jedi or Sith instead exile it. For as long as that card remains exiled, its owner may play it. A spell cast this way costs {2} more to cast and enters the battlefield with a Finality counter on it.
"Its a long way to fall but if we don't see a body they might be back again."

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 week ago

Wrong Lever, Kronk! BBB
Enchantment (R)
Flash
As Wrong Lever enters the battlefield, secretly choose the name of a permanent or a card.
Whenever an opponent attacks or blocks with one or more creatures, you may reveal the chosen card name. If you do, sacrifice Wrong Lever, Kronk! and exile all creatures with that name that attacked or blocked this way.
At the begining of the end step, sacrifice Wrong Lever, Kronk!

(same IIW as my previous message)

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 6 days ago

Let's see if I can figure out what these are all from!
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 week ago
Suppertime!
2{B}{B}
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. If {G} was spent to cast this spell, you gain 3 life and you put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
"FEED ME!"

Machinations Unveiled
2{U}{B}
Sorcery (U)
Reveal the top four cards of your library. Each opponent chooses a card. Then you choose one-
-Put the chosen cards into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
-Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand.
"Hello Zepp."

IIW: What the Rakdos cult is up to now that their parun is on holiday.
Little shop of horrors, and Saw?
The first one is a fine removal spell for limited, and the second one is a very interesting play on fact or fiction. Good job.
Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
One with the Force WU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature or planeswalker
When the creature or planeswalker dies, exile it. Then create a token that's a copy of the creature or planeswalker, except the token is 1/1 white spirit creature in addition to thier other types.

Well, this isn't even a guess, I know what moment this is. This is in Star Trek 2, when Spock realigns the warp core.
Anyway, good job becoming more powerful than I can possibly imagine (I can't imagine a 1/1 spirit.)
spacemonaut wrote:
1 week ago
oh hey, we're just a week apart! happy birthday!

Amos Burton, Mercenary Mechanic 2WB
Legendary Creature — Human Mercenary
When Amos Burton enters the battlefield, return up to one target tapped creature to its owner's hand.
At the beginning of your end step, if a creature or artifact was put into a graveyard from anywhere this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Amos Burton.
Partner
"You're not that guy."
2/2

Got Your Back 1WW
Instant
Choose two target attacking or blocking creatures you control. Each deals damage equal to its power to up to one target creature blocking or blocked by the other.

IIW: The following creature types almost exclusively show up on tokens. Make a card that has one of these types.
Balloon, Camarid, Caribou, Fractal, Germ, Graveborn, Hamster, Inkling, Mite, Orb, Pentavite, Pest, Pincher, Prism, Reflection, Sand, Saproling, Sculpture, Servo, Splinter, Tetravite, Thopter, Triskelavite
The expanse? Never seen it, and I had to google the guy, oh well.
Amos seems fine, but Got Your Back feels like it's missing a color. Not sure what color, but at least one color.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 week ago
Wanted Handbill 2
Artifact - Clue (Uncommon)
When Wanted Handbill enters the battlefield, put a bounty country on target creature you don't control.
When a creature with a bounty counter on it dies, you may sacrifice Wanted Handbill. If you do, create a Treasure token.
2, Sacrifice Wanted Handbill: Draw a card.
"Roy, I mean this could be big, mate!"
—Floyd

With Extreme Prejudice 1BR
Instant (Uncommon)
With Extreme Prejudice deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the amount of damage dealt to you this turn. If that permanent would leave the battlefield this turn, exile it instead.
"Billy Crash! Now where were we? Oh, that's right! Last I seen you, you had your hands on my—"
—Django

Show
Hide
Sorcery (Rare)
—Stephen
Are all of these from Django Unchained? Never saw that movie, but I probably should.
Wanted Handbill is a good wanted poster variant, and with Extreme Prejudice feels more like a red white spell than a red black spell.
Ulka wrote:
1 week ago
Fall down a Shaft 1B
Instant (U)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, tap an untapped creature you control.
Destroy target creature. If that creature was a Jedi or Sith instead exile it. For as long as that card remains exiled, its owner may play it. A spell cast this way costs {2} more to cast and enters the battlefield with a Finality counter on it.
"Its a long way to fall but if we don't see a body they might be back again."

Oh yeah, this is when Kirk kicks Christopher Lloyd Klingon down the pit in Star Trek 3, good times.
Not a bad removal spell for limited, just watch out that their Maul Splicer doesn't come back and bite you in the butt.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 week ago
Wrong Lever, Kronk! BBB
Enchantment (R)
Flash
As Wrong Lever enters the battlefield, secretly choose the name of a permanent or a card.
Whenever an opponent attacks or blocks with one or more creatures, you may reveal the chosen card name. If you do, sacrifice Wrong Lever, Kronk! and exile all creatures with that name that attacked or blocked this way.
At the begining of the end step, sacrifice Wrong Lever, Kronk!

(same IIW as my previous message)
I'm not sure if this is exactly how I'd put that moment on a card, but it's not a bad representation. A bit obvious as removal, but sometimes you've gotta do it.

I'm glad to have gotten so many entries with this contest! Thanks everyone for giving me a good round to review on my birthday.

HM: sporegorger_dragon, spacemonaut
Winner: @Ulka
Next: Star Wars Cards (weird typo, writing star wars, when both of your entries were star trek moments :P)

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 5 days ago

The issuing of order 66 4wb
Enchantment - saga
| - create 2 2/2 white clone soldier creature tokens
|| - destroy a number of target creatures less than or equal to the number of clone creatures you control
||| - exile this saga and return it to the battlefield transformed
//
Darth Vader, Imperial Lord
Legendary Creature - cyborg sith
Vigilance
Ward
2wb, : destroy target creature
6/6

Iiw: boats or seahorses

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 5 days ago

I will Judge on Monday as so far we are light on entries. If you want an alternative prompt here is my alternative: Plot cards

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”