NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Yzma, Insidious Usurper
2ub
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor Warlock (M)
Partner with Kronk, Swole Henchman
Extract Of Llama - When Yzma, Insidious Usurper enters the battlefield, target legendary creature loses all abilities and becomes a green Llama with base power and toughness 2/2.
Mail It To Myself - 2uub, T: Gain control of another target creature with power 2 or less. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
1/1

Kronk, Swole Henchman
2gg
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Partner with Yzma, Insidious Usurper
Trample
Pull The Lever, Kronk! - This spell has cascade as long as you control a creature named Yzma, Insidious Usurper.
WROONG LEVEEEER! - When Kronk, Swole Henchman enters the battlefield, another target legendary creature phases out.
5/4

IIW: Ice Cream
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

i watched emperor's new groove TWICE in the last two days
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

I'm also somewhat surprised that Steamboat Willie doesn't count, but okay.

Pedro, Dreaming of Flight UR
Legendary Artifact Creature — Thopter (U)
Flying, haste
When Pedro, Dreaming of Flight enters the battlefield, target opponent creates a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying.
Pedro can't attack unless defending player controls a Bird and can't be blocked by Birds.
3/1

IIW: Six after Wrenn leaves it behind
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Tvtropes doesn't appear to list what's in or out of this Disney animated canon thing, but the Disney wiki has a list: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Disney_Animated_Canon

I have never once heard of this as a distinct thing until today and would not myself have known Steamboat Willie wouldn't count in such a list—it's Disney, it's animated, it's as canon as I can know anything to be.
While that is true that a lot of the animated shows and such are both animated and disney, the Disney Animated Canon has always referred to the animated movies produced by Disney Animation Studios, and nothing else. There is some contention on whether or not the movies that mix live action and animation (such as Mary Poppins, y'all.) are part of the Canon or not, as well as Three Cabaleros and Roger Rabbit (which is not a pure Disney movie, it was a combined project of multiple studios, which is also why it never got a real sequel.)

Anyway, you all still have a couple of hours to get your entries in before I will judge.

Edit: Somethings come up that needs to be dealt with (nothing bad, just something that needs to be done), so you get an extra day until judgment.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Tamatoa, Capricious Coconut Crab
6uuu
Legendary Creature - Crab (M)
Affinity for artifacts
Tamatoa gets +0/+X and has ward X, where X is the number of Treasures you control.
3u, Sacrifice a Treasure: Switch Tamatoa's power and toughness until end of turn.
5/5

IIW: Ice Cream
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

In an effort to do a new entry, and not just exploit a loophole...

Be prepared 1RB
Sorcery [r]
Choose 1 -
  • Create 2 1/1 hyena creature tokens with menace
  • Creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn and gain haste.
Entwine - Sacrifice a creature you control
Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!

Be Our Guest 1GW
Sorcery[r]
Choose 1 -
  • Create 3 food tokens.
  • Gain X life, where X is the amount of artifacts and creatures you control. Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Entwine - Tap 2 untapped artifacts you control.
If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest
Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest!

Poor Unfortunate Souls 1UB
Sorcery[r]
Choose 1
  • Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains flying until your next turn.
  • Target creature has base power and toughness 1/1 and loses all abilities until your next turn.
Entwine - Pay 3 life
Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need

IIW: A different praetor shows up on a different plane

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Chernabog, the Mountain's Mist 2RWB
Legendary Creature — Demon Shaman
Flying
When Chernabog, the Mountain's Mist enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures. Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature with flying for each creature destroyed this way.
4/4

IIW: Alter egos from another timeline/multiverse

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
When Chernabog, the Mountain's Mist enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures.
Doesn't this kill Chernabog too? Or is this intended ie at the end of the segment when morning comes?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Before we start, I would just like to apologize for the delay, but you know how it is with family. Remember, you can chose your friends, but you can't chose your family. :thinking:
But on the plus side, it means we got some extra entries. It's a little past 8 AM on Tuesday July 8th, 2021, I've just rolled out of bed, and I am not in a creative enough right now to do something fancy, so this will be short and simple (I think, lol). Alright, let's get this show on the road.

@spacemonaut: Good reference to the Wizard's Apprentice segment from the original Fantasia, but it doesn't really capture the chaos that happened when the apprentice used a spell beyond his power to get out of his chores. Still, it is a nice card.
Score: 3/5 brushes.

@vishamon: A good representation of Baymax, from Big Hero 6. While BH6 is a Marvel movie, it is not part of the MCU, but it is part of the Disney Animated Canon. It's a great movie, and I've heard decent things about the animated series based on it. As for the card itself, it's basically a better Orim, Samite Healer, tempered by being an artifact. It's a decent uncommon, although I doubt I would ever build a commander deck around it, it's a great support card.

@chetoos: The main character from one of the most underappreciated Disney animated movies (Seriously it's great, and the first Disney Animated Movie I saw in theaters). I could see myself building a commander deck around the card. It is balanced by the need to remain weak to be effective, but is otherwise really powerful.
Score: 4/5 brushes.

@Cythare: Sorry, but Animated Shorts are not part of the Disney Animated Canon unless they are part of a feature length presentation (such as with Fantasia and a few others, one of which we'll get to later), so I am forced to give Pete's Steamboat a non score, despite it being a perfectly serviceable card.
Score: 0/5 brushes.

@Sporegorger_Dragon Nice save, although I don't think death touch really feels appropriate for the character (unless you count the Papirnik version from Italy, but that is not part of the animated Canon). Also a fun fact, unless you have an instant that would deal damage to him while the fight ability is on the stack, he won't get death touch until *after* he has fought something, which I find hilarious. If anyone here hasn't seen the Three Caballero's do so, you'll get a new appreciation for the Americas south of the US.

@Flatline While the card is perfectly fine, it doesn't really feel like a "poison apple", at all. I see what you are getting at, but it feels wrong that you can technically still sacrifice the enchanted food for life when it is poisoned.
Score: 1/5 brushes.

@Ulka Ah yes, Moana, the first movie in which it is really noticeable that Disney had started to dedicate themselves to more ethnic diversity in their movies. Fun fact: Nearly all the actors and actresses (with only a very few exceptions) in the movie are Polynesian. As for the cards themselves they are both very powerful. Only real counter to the first card is land destruction (or exiling it), while the other is a more powerful Phage, but with no drawback, built in protection, and the ability to be cast from the command zone.
Score: 2/5 brushes due to being incredibly overpowered.

@NinjaCaterpie Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair. You could easily have used her name for the card as Disney does not own the character, it's been in the public domain for over a century, lol. That said, it is a good representation of the character from the movie, and using +1/+1 counters (and the removal thereof) to show a major plot point in Tangled is a nice touch. I could definitely see myself running her in a deck that cares about +1/+1 counters, as that ward ability is sweet.

@Sporegorger_Dragon Entry 2.0. Ah, the Emperor's New Grove, an incredibly meme-able movie. Sadly I have not seen said movie (yet), but I plan to when I have the time and feel like watching an animated movie. But thanks to the movies meme-ability and watching a lot of clips from it over the years, I can say, these look like good representations of the characters. Also, really nice use of flavor words.

@Cythare Entry 2.0. Nice save. This is a deep dive if I ever saw one, and I actually had to do some research to find the reference, although I have seen the movie in question (like 30 years ago, and it was old then, lol). Saludos Amigos is, much like Fantasia, a compilation movie, and the shortest entry into the Disney Animated Canon, being only 48 minutes long. It was produced during WW2, and is so short due to a lot of Disney's animators having been drafted. As for the card itself, it's a decent uncommon legendary creature, nothing spectacular, but a 3/1 flying haste creature for only two mana is pretty damn good.

@Sporegorger_Dragon Entry 3.0. Three entires? Wow, give everyone else a chance, lol. This is one of two characters in the Moana movie not voiced by a Polynesian (the other being a chicken), and he makes for a spectacular villain. As for the card itself, it is great, magnificent even. The character cares about bling, and so does the card. I would love to build a commander deck around this crab.

@chetoos Entry 2.0. Three different cards referencing three different movies. Only one of them I haven't seen is the last one. First one is good and balanced, second one feels slightly under costed by producing three food tokens for three mana (and could potentially net you a lot of life besides.), and the third one seems incredibly fun, particularly in limited.
Score: 3/5 brushes (the second one pulls it down to three, the first and third where top notch.)

@spacemonaut Entry 2.0. Chernabog! While it is a decent representation of the character in Fantasia, I would be very wary about allowing a wrath in the command zone.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for Tamatoa, because who doesn't like a giant enemy crab that loves bling.
HM: Everyone else who had one or more entries.

Next: Ice Cream!

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Neapolitan Elemental WBR
Snow Creature - Elemental (U)
When Neapolitan Elemental enters the battlefield, choose one for each S spent to cast it:
- Put a lifelink counter on it.
- Put a deathtouch counter on it.
- Put a haste counter on it.
4/2

IIW: Lawyers and such

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
When Chernabog, the Mountain's Mist enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures.
Doesn't this kill Chernabog too? Or is this intended ie at the end of the segment when morning comes?
I mistaked up, that should be "each other creature".

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
@chetoos Entry 2.0. Three different cards referencing three different movies. Only one of them I haven't seen is the last one. First one is good and balanced, second one feels slightly under costed by producing three food tokens for three mana (and could potentially net you a lot of life besides.), and the third one seems incredibly fun, particularly in limited.
Score: 3/5 brushes (the second one pulls it down to three, the first and third where top notch.)
Giant Opportunity actually also makes 3 food for 3 mana, but maybe with the entwine it should have been 4 mana, you're right.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

We All Scream 2BB
Sorcery (U)
Each player discards two cards. Create a tapped 2/2 black snow Zombie creature token for each snow card a player discarded this way, then put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control for each nonsnow card a player discarded this way.

IIW: Six's antics after Wrenn leaves it behind
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Rocky Road
Snow Artifact Land - Food (C)
Rocky Road enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
2, T: Sacrifice Rocky Road: Gain 3 life.
"They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I say that the road to the Frozen Kingdom is paved with chocolate." - Princess Cherry of Candyland.

IIW: Universes Beyond: Fallout.

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

Bloody Sundae Churnery ub
Artifact {U}
t, Sacrifice a creature: Create a food token.
Whenever you sacrifice a food, tap up to one target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
"Ooh, blood-brain freeze!"

IIW: More Sarpadian Empire flavor text

Sporegorger_Dragon

Alright, let's get this going!
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Neapolitan Elemental WBR
Snow Creature - Elemental (U)
When Neapolitan Elemental enters the battlefield, choose one for each S spent to cast it:
- Put a lifelink counter on it.
- Put a deathtouch counter on it.
- Put a haste counter on it.
4/2

IIW: Lawyers and such
Frankly, this was what I had in mind when posting that IIW, and ticks off everything on my checklist. The fact that it's snow, the order of the abilities and how it keys off snow mana, everything.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
We All Scream 2BB
Sorcery (U)
Each player discards two cards. Create a tapped 2/2 black snow Zombie creature token for each snow card a player discarded this way, then put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control for each nonsnow card a player discarded this way.

Seems fairly powerful for an uncommon. Clearly a play on "I scream", but I feel the connection to ice cream is a bit tenuous.
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Rocky Road
Snow Artifact Land - Food (C)
Rocky Road enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
2, T: Sacrifice Rocky Road: Gain 3 life.
"They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I say that the road to the Frozen Kingdom is paved with chocolate." - Princess Cherry of Candyland.

IIW: Universes Beyond: Fallout.
Another entry that hits all the right notes. Simple and straightforward, but sometimes simple is best.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Bloody Sundae Churnery ub
Artifact {U}
t, Sacrifice a creature: Create a food token.
Whenever you sacrifice a food, tap up to one target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
"Ooh, blood-brain freeze!"

IIW: More Sarpadian Empire flavor text
I was hoping someone would make a pun with the word "sundae". Interesting card, seems like something from Asmo's kitchen, and I love me some Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar. I feel that this has potential to be quite the engine alongside the chef and her Cookbook.

This is surprisingly difficult, but I goota give the win to @NinjaCaterpie.
HM: @Krishnath

Next prompt: Lawyers and such

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Isperia, Ace Attorney
Legendary Creature - Sphinx Advisor
, Exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard: Counter target noncreature spell unless its controller pays
: Until end of turn, spells your opponents cast cost more to cast and abilities your opponents activate cost more to activate unless they're mana abilities.
"Objection!"
4/6

IIW: kindly attitudes.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Subpoena W
Sorcery (R)
Look at target players hand. You may exile a nonland card from it. For as long as that card remains exiled, its owner may play it. A spell cast this way costs 2 more to cast.

IIW: White Hand Control or Countermagic
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Motion to Dismiss 1UU
Instant (R)
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard.
Objection — Whenever an opponent casts a spell, if its converted mana cost is greater than or equal to your life total, you may say "Objection!" and cast Motion to Dismiss from your graveyard. When you cast it this way, if Motion to Dismiss would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead. (You still pay the costs to cast it.)

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Azorius Prosecutor 2WU
Creature - Vedalken Advisor (R)
Ward 3
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 1 for each creature they control that's attacking you.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, investigate unless that player pays 1.
1/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Fallout

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Benalish Prosecutor 2WW
Creature — Human Cleric (R)
Flash
Vigilance
When Benalish Prosecutor enters the battlefield, exile up to one target creature that attacked this turn.
"Your honor, 'the best defence is a good offense' doesn't qualify this as self-defence."
3/3

IIW: Alter-egos from another timeline/multiverse
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Benalish Prosecutor 2WW
Creature — Human Cleric (R)
Vigilance
When Benalish Prosecutor enters the battlefield, exile up to one target creature that attacked this turn.
"Your honor, 'the best defence is a good offense' doesn't qualify this as self-defence."
3/3

Since this doesn't have flash, without outside help it can only exile creatures you control that have attacked. Is this intentional?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Since this doesn't have flash, without outside help it can only exile creatures you control that have attacked. Is this intentional?
Whoopsie, no! Thank you.

My brain this morning as I was waking up: "Ah yes, it doesn't have flash, so naturally you play this in the main phase. After attacks, of course. During the opponent's turn. Yep, this is a decent design."

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Corrupt Attorney 1BB
Creature — Human Advisor (R)
When Corrupt Attorney enters the battlefield, choose one for each mana from a Treasure spent to cast this spell—
• Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
• Target player discards a card and mills a card.
• Target player draws a card and loses 2 life.
"We'll turn the thumbscrews until they're begging us to leave them alone."
2/2

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Damage Reparations WB
Instant
For each creature an opponent controls that dealt damage to you this turn, create a treasure token. If you control an Advisor creature, create two of those tokens for each creature instead.

IIW: A social Construct as a card
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”