Wilson, Gentleman Thief ($1DH)

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

So Wilson and the background and filling your yard are probably enough voltron. The equipment is really superfluous. Bgmakes him huge and he has evasion. Shouldn't need much but some big pump and ways to protect him.

Oh there is a dredge aura that might be worth considering as well. It's not amazing but dredging is really good.

Re: scavenge - it might just be varolz but my recollection was there were at least a couple decent scavenge effects.

There was a modern deck built around using varolz to scavenge death shadows so that might be a decent place to look for ideas. Edit: spoiler it did not. Except maybe lotleth troll which is okay.

Re: scavenge
Boneyard mycodrax seems good. I think that is the only one that jumps out.

Tags:

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Moldervine Cloak is the aura. Shambling Shell has dredge 3 and self-sacs, which essentially gives Wilson +2/+1. The only upshot to equipment is that it'll stick around to re-equip if Wilson gets destroyed, unlike the auras.

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
Moldervine Cloak is the aura. Shambling Shell has dredge 3 and self-sacs, which essentially gives Wilson +2/+1. The only upshot to equipment is that it'll stick around to re-equip if Wilson gets destroyed, unlike the auras.
The recursive auras do okay and then normal enchantments like strength from the fallen and such

The thing with equipment is it has zero synergy so is rather boring. Can just fill those slots with protection and ways to fill your grave and have a more fun deck.

There are also at least a couple haste enablers on creatures like surrak that could be considered. Really the only thing I like from eq is haste.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
So Wilson and the background and filling your yard are probably enough voltron. The equipment is really superfluous. Bgmakes him huge and he has evasion. Shouldn't need much but some big pump and ways to protect him.
I'm not 100% sure I agree. Yes, the background pumps him up and makes him a serious threat, but equipment like Belt of Giant Strength really pushes him over the top. For Voltron, the difference between a 4 and 2 turn clock is huge, as I'm sure you know.
Re: scavenge
Boneyard mycodrax seems good. I think that is the only one that jumps out.
I still like Bannerhide Krushok over it, since it self-discards, but if I could just get Mycodeax in the graveyard consistently it could be a house.
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
Shambling Shell has dredge 3 and self-sacs, which essentially gives Wilson +2/+1.
This could do some work. It also provides sac fodder for edict effects in a pinch, which are traditionally the bane of Voltron decks.
pokken wrote:
1 year ago
The thing with equipment is it has zero synergy so is rather boring. Can just fill those slots with protection and ways to fill your grave and have a more fun deck.

There are also at least a couple haste enablers on creatures like surrak that could be considered. Really the only thing I like from eq is haste.
I mean, I can't argue with them being boring. Maybe I could cut the boring buff equipment and focus on more synergy.

- Grafted Wargear
- Vorpal Sword
- Blackblade Reforged
- Pact Weapon
- Blighted Woodland
- Roadside Reliquary

+ Moldervine Cloak
+ Shambling Shell
+ Bannerhide Krushok
+ Professor's Warning
+ Forest
+ Swamp

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

As I was searching through my box for the cards for this deck, I came across Oblivion Crown. Definitely will be testing it. Not sure what I'll be swapping it for, but a discard outlet that reads "discard a critter, Wilson gets +2/+1" seems worth a shot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”