Selenia, Dark Angel's Orzhov Round File

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

https://deckbox.org/sets/3115196

This deck is a love letter to when I used to put Craw Wurm in decks. This deck is horrible. It has almost no good cards. I ordered zero cards for this deck, I pulled them all out of my bulk.

The one embarrassing sad thing is I do not have an old revised Juggernaut. Very very sad.

Anyway, my goal here is to try to claw the power level of my group back a little bit. This deck is part of my challenge to my playgroup:

Make a deck so bad it hurts.

Tags:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

Simulacrum wtf is happening here!?

pokken

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
It was a magic card lol. I thought it would be good with the regenerating skeletons

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
It was a magic card lol. I thought it would be good with the regenerating skeletons

Its just a really weird rules text ans im super confused with it. Never heard of it before

pokken

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
Its just a really weird rules text ans im super confused with it. Never heard of it before
Yeah it's pretty neat actually I think. the oracle text is even weirder :)
You gain life equal to the damage dealt to you this turn. Simulacrum deals damage to target creature you control equal to the damage dealt to you this turn.
So you can't do weird abuses with protection or anything but you can regenerate your skellington :P Or make Stuffy Doll murder somebody.

So I think I might like this deck better with Aryel, Knight of Windgrace as the general since I have a lot of knights, might try that if I can find one. might make Path of Ancestry better :P

I wish there were enough dual lands from back in the day to support this deck, but maybe I can find some more of the old taplands and stuff that would suit. If I can get another copy of City of Brass I'll play that for sure too.

Absolutely welcome any other suggestions of old school style cards (I'm cheating a but and playing a few other old bordered cards from <2000 for the most part, but mostly it needs to be Pretty Bad and Old)

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 2 years ago

This seems like the perfect deck for the classic Breeding Pit and Lord of the Pit combo. Preferably with no way to search for them so they are nearly useless.

pokken

Ruiner wrote:
2 years ago
This seems like the perfect deck for the classic Breeding Pit and Lord of the Pit combo. Preferably with no way to search for them so they are nearly useless.
I looked these over at the time because *I had that deck* and know how awful it was even in the day, but I might have to force it lol :)

pokken

This deck was hot garbage, as expected. I did decide the course of the game with Maddening Imp, but man the deck was hilariously bad. Someone did cast my Benalish Hero off the top for the memes.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

This seems like the kind of deck that needs Salt Flats. Also Reverse Polarity could use a home, if only for that classic %$#%-eating grin

If those aren't Old and Bad enough, I dunno what is
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

pokken

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
This seems like the kind of deck that needs Salt Flats. Also Reverse Polarity could use a home, if only for that classic %$#% grin

If those aren't Old and Bad enough, I dunno what is
I will have to see if I have a salt flats around, man that is so bad I am never paying $2 for that %$#% lol

I definitely have a Reverse Polarity and it fits with some of the theme of old ass aikido nonsense :P

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@pokken You clearly have a higher threshold of discretion than I when it comes to an errant $2. C'mon, tell me a etbt pain land isn't the picture perfect representation of the deck's very motif, goals, and themes. It's a sumblime confluence of utility, low opportunity cost, and unmitigated badness. For only two dollars.

pokken

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@pokken You clearly have a higher threshold of discretion than I when it comes to an errant $2. C'mon, tell me a etbt pain land isn't the picture perfect representation of the deck's very motif, goals, and themes. It's a sumblime confluence of utility, low opportunity cost, and unmitigated badness. For only two dollars.
lol yeah I am crazy cheap especially where this pile of crap is concerned :)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
lol yeah I am crazy cheap especially where this pile of crap is concerned :)
I can respect that. Maybe you'll luck out and find it in a common bin, a library book, or between the spokes of a child's bicycle. If by some chance the universe deals you a Salt Flats at no charge, not upfront nor deferred, you'd run it though, right? :P

EDIT: Lol at the price of Caves of Koilos
Last edited by TheAmericanSpirit 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”