Kaladesh Swiss Army Knife?

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 3 months ago

For me, Kaladesh and Aether Revolt were a fascinating block. Vehicles and gearhulks, chainable Expertise spells, off-the-wall mechanics and energy, and some very definite synergy in Grixis, which is where this deck checks in. Significant life gain, mass creature kill to sweep go-wide hordes but put the first creature back into play, energy to burn, vehicles to survive sweepers, endgame steam, stealing key cards, bouncing my stuff to cast again or bouncing enemy cards, drawing oodles of cards, destroying creatures with damage added to the player's dome, there's very little I can't do in this deck that I care about. It's chock full of cards with other benefits bolted on. Somewhat surprisingly, however, it's the Aethersphere Harvester that typically serves as main battle mover until endgame allows Unlicensed Disintegration and Gonti's Machinations to finish them off in a barrage. The red and black gearhulks more often clear the path and/or jam my hand with additional cards rather than end the game, but they make nice comebacks after other players wipe the board. I always laugh when they choose to take the damage instead of giving me cards.

I find I really like this deck, as I get to play all this fun stuff in a block deck (other than lands), which is just nuts. So much other stuff I can't fit in, I had to remove Gonti, Lord of Luxury to fit what I do have, and the two graveyard-matters lands were because I can't fit in Fortuitous Find . And, Filigree Familiar = Starfox piloting the Aethersphere Harvester? Too funny...anyway, this thing plays 1v1, 2HG, Emperor, Star, smaller FFAs, pretty much everything but large FFAs. Yes, the mana base is non-block and a bit spendy, but the deck was worth the resources...I never mess around with mana base with my favorite decks.

Kaladesh Swiss Army Knife?

What decks do you have that are Swiss Army Knives and are just so consistent and resilient? Share here, I love hearing about that stuff. Cheers.

Tags:

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 3 months ago

Are you trying to figure out how to replicate this in commander? Otherwise I think you may have posted your list in the wrong place.

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 3 months ago

No conversion, I thought the one stop shop location for all decks meant all decks, Commander and otherwise. My mistake. Shall I delete this thread? I don't see enough activity on other format boards to make it worth moving.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”